PDA

View Full Version : Dallas' Kincaide Stadium

3afan
10-19-2007, 06:15 AM
finally made it out there last night ..... not a bad place.

good parking, ample concourse, plenty big enough for most games, very cool looking with the upper deck and the big fieldhouse in the end zone, decent PA guy, they showed replays

2 negatives
1 - we were on the visitors side and when we left we had a very hard time getting on Polk to get to I20 ... with the truck stop there the big rigs were blocking everyone, we finally had to go the opposite way and do a U turn ... I cant imagine how it would be for a large crowd - they would definitely need some traffic control - and maybe they do
2 - whoever said you weren't far from the field is, uhhmm, nuts or blind. of course there is a track and there is enough room between the track and the sideline for another track. way too far for my taste.

bottom line is it is a very nice facility, good place to watch a game ....... but I would rate it behind some other DFW venues such as Mesquite Memorial, Homer B. Johnson, the Gopher Bowl, Birdville, Pennington, Highland Park, SLC ........ simply because you are so far from the field

3afan
10-19-2007, 12:20 PM
pic taken yesterday evening about 20 minutes prior to kickoff ...

http://www.metroeastsoftball.net/kincaide.jpg

JR2004
10-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Number 1 it's a Thursday game. I'd explain the reason for that extremely small to non-existent crowd for Pinkston, but I don't have enough time to right now.

Number 2 it's a game between Adamson and Pinkston. As much as I want to see Adamson do well, a game between those two schools isn't a headliner right now, especially on a Thursday night.

3afan
10-19-2007, 12:26 PM
actually alot more people showed up right at game time ... my guess would be: 100-150 on each side maybe? thats just a guess

kaorder1999
10-19-2007, 02:14 PM
we dang near filled up Spragues homeside for our homecoming game. Of course we had won 4 in a row at that point

3afan
10-19-2007, 02:18 PM
despite needing the binoculars I'd like to go to a playoff game there - bet that place rocks when its full and I bet its very noisy on the field

44INAROW
10-19-2007, 02:18 PM
now I'm used to the "little country stadiums" down here in so Texas - so forgive my ignorance... but where in the heck are the lights?

3afan
10-19-2007, 02:21 PM
THEY ARE JUST TO THE LEFT/RIGHT OF THE STANDS, JUST OUT OF THE PIC

http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=309

44INAROW
10-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
THEY ARE JUST TO THE LEFT/RIGHT OF THE STANDS, JUST OUT OF THE PIC
you gotta admit - it does look funny....... :D I'm used to seeing them lined up behind the stands etc, that's all:)

kaorder1999
10-19-2007, 02:22 PM
they are just outside the picture

burnet44
10-19-2007, 02:27 PM
unfortunatly support in many metro areas is lacking
The kids in those areas deserve much better

3afan
10-19-2007, 02:32 PM
AINT THAT THE TRUTH

navscanmaster
10-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Our lights are like that in Navasota too. They are at the ends of the field positioned individually to cover the entire field.

Aesculus gilmus
10-19-2007, 05:40 PM
This illustrates the VAST difference between growing up in small towns with their own stadiums (albeit often dilapidated ones) versus being part of the DISD, where you are assigned to a nice stadium for a Thursday night game from time to time.

When and where do the junior high and JV teams of these schools play on such occasions?

I cannot even imagine growing up in Dallas or its 'burbs. I'm sure there must be some advantage to it (plentiful high-five and six-figure jobs, I'm sure, is part of it), but it's a pretty alien concept to me.

Give me a home where the Buckeyes roam.