Rutgers pulled it off...
:clap:
wow this is a strange season for college football

KTA
10-18-2007, 10:44 PM
:mad:

KTA
10-18-2007, 10:44 PM
seems like every team ive pulled so far has lost, I guess I need to start pulling for Oklahoma :p

eagles_victory
10-18-2007, 10:47 PM
USF simply doesnt have the weapons on offense to be considered an elite team

wildstangs
10-18-2007, 11:14 PM
Once again the Big East threat of a national championship game takes care of itself. Now hopefully Cincy and West Virginia lose again.

I admit, I enjoy watching the Big East. Their teams are all pretty competitive WITHIN the conference. The thing I dont like is that one day on of them is NOT going to choke and back into the National Championship while someone like Florida, Texas, OU, USC, or tOSU is going to have one loss and be left out.

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Once again the Big East threat of a national championship game takes care of itself. Now hopefully Cincy and West Virginia lose again.

I admit, I enjoy watching the Big East. Their teams are all pretty competitive WITHIN the conference. The thing I dont like is that one day on of them is NOT going to choke and back into the National Championship while someone like Florida, Texas, OU, USC, or tOSU is going to have one loss and be left out.

Exactly my thoughts on it.

Gobbla2001
10-18-2007, 11:37 PM
this is just freakin' nuts... PLAYOFFS PLEASE...

I think it's fun to watch, all of the way through, but if you wanna crown a true champ, it looks like you're gunna need some playoffs...

the end...

Tx Challenge
10-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Am I the only one that was pulling for USF?

sweetwater07
10-19-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by lakers
Final 30-27...
Rutgers pulled it off...
:clap:
wow this is a strange season for college football

THANK YOU, i wanted them to lose

87 TIGER
10-19-2007, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Am I the only one that was pulling for USF? YES

District303aPastPlayer
10-19-2007, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Tx Challenge
Am I the only one that was pulling for USF?

No... i went out to a night club tonight, and the game was on the big screen and EVERYONE stood around watching til the game ended

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-19-2007, 06:31 AM
its unfortunate for usf that they will likely drop out of the top 15 because of this. if this happened to a regular for the top 25, they would still be int he top 10 ( see usc after they lost to stanford a few weeks ago to reference this). even though they only lost by a fg, they will still be out of the big bowl races...for the most part; unless they can win the crappy big east and even then its a stretch if hawaii keeps their season going.

rangerjoe33
10-19-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
No... i went out to a night club tonight, and the game was on the big screen and EVERYONE stood around watching til the game ended

They have night clubs in Sinton?

Corn Cob
10-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Here's some of my thoughts on the game:

1) USF was certainly not worthy of a #2 ranking. To be honest, I don't think they are a top 20 team.

2) The USF coach looked and acted like a total idiot on the sideline. And, by the way, I think men that wear sun-visors are total sissy's!

3) The Rutgers coach almost cost them the game by being way to conservative after they went up by 10 points. I think they ran the same "up the middle" play with Rice, 20 times in a row!

DDBooger
10-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Corn Cob

2) The USF coach looked and acted like a total idiot on the sideline. And, by the way, I think men that wear sun-visors are total sissy's!
certainly hasn't hurt Spurrier or Stoop's resume! :)

Corn Cob
10-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by DDBooger
certainly hasn't hurt Spurrier or Stoop's resume! :)

You're right, but I still think they look like sissy's. I think it must be the redneck in me!

DDBooger
10-19-2007, 10:13 AM
You're right, but I still think they look like sissy's. I think it must be the redneck in me! lmao, i don't like it either, but those men can coach! as much as I despise OU, Stoops is a great coach

pirate4state
10-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by rangerjoe33
They have night clubs in Sinton?

LMAO ~~ NO

We have a bar at almost every street corner though :doh:

pirate4state
10-19-2007, 10:16 AM
And, by the way, I think men that wear sun-visors are total sissy's!

:thumbsup: Thank you!!!! I agree!!

eagles_victory
10-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Here's some of my thoughts on the game:

1) USF was certainly not worthy of a #2 ranking. To be honest, I don't think they are a top 20 team.

3) The Rutgers coach almost cost them the game by being way to conservative after they went up by 10 points. I think they ran the same "up the middle" play with Rice, 20 times in a row! i agree with point 1 south florida has no huge weapons on offense Grothe is a solid qb but he is still young and makes a lot of mistakes. USF had 2 good wins but keep in mind after they beat Auburn that same team lost to Miss St. Many could argue that WVU has always been overrated and they didnt have argubly their best player for a lot of the game that USF beat them. I thought USFs offense was very average i dont think they beat Louisville or Cinncy imo Cinncy has been better all year USF has just been a product of the upset filled season. Rutgers tried to give this game away last night and USF still couldnt win it.

As for Rutgers coaching the play calling wasnt that good last night but they did make some huge ballsey calls on the fake punt and the fake field goal that was responsible for them at least being + 7 which was a huge difference

Highschoolfan78
10-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
LMAO ~~ NO

We have a bar at almost every street corner though :doh:

haha, you mean they can't turn one of those bars into a techno club?

44INAROW
10-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Mark Consuelos (Kelly Ripa's better half) went to the game last night. He sat with a bunch of Rutgers alumni and he wore his USF shirt - (he's an alum @ USF) anyway - he showed some neat pictures taken at the game last night...... He said an "older lady" sat next to him and "accidently" popped him in the mouth with a "rally towel"............

Corn Cob
10-19-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory

As for Rutgers coaching the play calling wasnt that good last night but they did make some huge ballsey calls on the fake punt and the fake field goal that was responsible for them at least being + 7 which was a huge difference [/B]

I agree about some "ballsey" play calling. I just thought he went way to conservative once they went up by 10. If it wasn't for Rutgers defense making some big stops late in the game, I think the conservative play calling would have cost him the game.