PDA

View Full Version : Madison is now 2-3!!!! Lincoln forfeits THREE WINS.

JR2004
10-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Known about this for a couple of days, but I thought I'd wait until the DMN finally caught up (seriously they have writers that cover nothing but high school sports and yet they don't find out about this until today.) and found out about this a couple days after the decision was actually handed down by the 13-4A executive committee.

http://highschoolsportsblog.dallasnews.com/

<<From the DMN

Lincoln must forfeit three victories
The Lincoln football team has forfeited three wins after using an ineligible player, DISD athletic director Jeff Johnson said Thursday.

Lincoln forfeited wins against Madison (Sept. 22), Fort Worth Dunbar (Sept. 28) and Spruce (Oct. 5). Lincoln lost its first two games against Roosevelt (Sept. 6) and Ennis (Sept. 14).

Posted by Pete Aldrich at 04:41 PM>>

The kid in question is Lincoln's star sophomore RB. The only reason they aren't forfeiting last week's game is because he was out with a collarbone injury. They take that kid away from Lincoln and we blow them out by 3 or 4 TD's. He was the only thing keeping them on pace with us that night as he put up 30-208 and three of their four offensive TD's. (We lost 35-34.)

I'm just glad that we've now got a two game winning streak going against the Purple Tigers in the South Dallas Super Bowl! 2-3 might not be big for many of y'all, but on a team as young as ours is, I'll take a win any way we can get it!

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2007, 08:07 PM
:doh: You would think the paperwork would be checked and all in order first.

Definitely good news for Madison! :clap:

Emerson1
10-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Why was he ineligible?

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Why was he ineligible?
Residency, from what the article said.

JR2004
10-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Residency, from what the article said.

Pretty much true. He came from Cedar Hill from what I was told and I don't honestly know that he had actually moved into South Dallas. Could be wrong on that, but I don't remember every detail I was told about this because it was pretty late when I found out. Had he established residency there would've been no problem as I understand it with him moving in. I also believe that the person that turned Lincoln in on this said he went to Lincoln for athletic purposes. Lincoln's district is about to get really wild. This won't be the last kid to be ruled ineligible.

JR2004
10-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:doh: You would think the paperwork would be checked and all in order first.

Definitely good news for Madison! :clap:

It's GREAT NEWS for us! I kid you not that when I was told this, I almost went and did a backflip!lol...It was like Christmas in October for me and I'm sure every other Madison fan. I think I'd have to go back to the late 80's when our DC and WR's coach both played for Madison the last time we had a 2 game winning streak against them.

Lincoln made a really, really bad assumption in this deal. I think they thought they wouldn't be turned in and it's come back to bite them in the rear. While I do feel bad for the kids at Lincoln who are doing things right, I don't feel bad for the folks in charge over there that created this mess.

JR2004
10-19-2007, 08:02 AM
http://www.hsgametime.com/dfw/sharedcontent/dws/content/topstories/stories/101907dnspolincolnforfeits.182f11e5c.html

<<Lincoln football team forfeits three wins

09:22 PM CDT on Thursday, October 18, 2007

By DAMON L. SAYLES / The Dallas Morning News
dsayles@dallasnews.com

The Lincoln football team has forfeited three wins because it used an ineligible player, DISD athletic director Jeff Johnson said Thursday.

Johnson said the District 13-4A executive committee determined Lincoln violated a UIL rule pertaining to residency with a guardian. The unnamed player will remain ineligible for one calendar year unless a residency waiver is submitted by his guardian and granted by the UIL.

"This was brought to our attention late last week, and we did some investigative work and then turned it over to the district executive committee," Johnson said.

Lincoln forfeited wins against Madison (Sept. 22), Fort Worth Dunbar (Sept. 28) and Spruce (Oct. 5). Lincoln lost its first two games against Roosevelt (Sept. 6) and Ennis (Sept. 14).

The Spruce game, a 28-27 decision originally in Lincoln's favor, was the only 13-4A game Lincoln forfeited. Lincoln beat district foe North Dallas, 58-0, last week, but the player in question did not play.

Lincoln, which will play Hillcrest today, is now 1-5 overall and 1-1 in district play. Johnson said Lincoln athletic coordinator Rickey Lewis and head football coach Jerry Sands have been notified.

"We've got to do what's right," Johnson said.>>

This is just the tip of the iceberg for Lincoln.