PDA

View Full Version : Kobe to be traded to the Mavs!!!!!

Emerson1
10-18-2007, 03:18 PM
That's what will happen if a deal can be made at a later date.

I would gladly do Terry+Howard+filler for Kobe.

Sweetwater Red
10-18-2007, 03:19 PM
Or Chicago.:thinking:

Texasfootball2
10-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Let's see! Devin Harris G
Kobe Bryant 2 G
Jerry Stackhouse sm F
Dirk F
Three headed monster C

Not bad, who else would the MAVS have.

Darren
10-18-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
That's what will happen if a deal can be made at a later date.

I would gladly do Terry+Howard+filler for Kobe.

I seriously doubt that this will happen.

But if it does......The Spurs will still destory them.

:D :D

Emerson1
10-18-2007, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Darren

But if it does......The Spurs will still destory them.

:D :D
Bruce Bowen isn't that good

3afan
10-18-2007, 04:55 PM

yeah I'll have to see it to believe it

Snydertigersrul
10-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Bruce Bowen isn't that good

If Kobe joins the Mavs, the world championship will come this season.

Darren
10-18-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
If Kobe joins the Mavs, the world championship will come this season.

Bruce Bowen will knock him out with an elbow and the Spurs will win again...:D

Snydertigersrul
10-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Bruce Bowen will knock him out with an elbow and the Spurs will win again...:D

Bowen is one act like that away from a long suspension

3afan
10-18-2007, 05:01 PM
sounds about like Bowen .....

;)

JR2004
10-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Won't happen. The only way Kobe is ever headed to Dallas is if Dirk is the one being sent back because his skill set fits the Triangle perfectly due to where he likes to play on the floor at. A big man that loves to play at the top of the key is about as perfect a fit as their is for the Triangle.

Getting Howard does very little for the Lakers. Kupcake has done some really, really bone-headed things as our GM, but he isn't that stupid to take Howard along with someone like Terry or Harris. We have no need for either of those last two guys.

Emerson1
10-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Won't happen. The only way Kobe is ever headed to Dallas is if Dirk is the one being sent back because his skill set fits the Triangle perfectly due to where he likes to play on the floor at. A big man that loves to play at the top of the key is about as perfect a fit as their is for the Triangle.

Getting Howard does very little for the Lakers. Kupcake has done some really, really bone-headed things as our GM, but he isn't that stupid to take Howard along with someone like Terry or Harris. We have no need for either of those last two guys.
The lakers will do whatever Kobe wants them to do.

JR2004
10-18-2007, 08:53 PM
The lakers will do whatever Kobe wants them to do.

If that was true Bynum wouldn't still be there.

CelinaCatFan
10-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Dallas will NOT get Kobe for two reasons:

1. The Lakers are not going to trade him to another team in the Western Conference.

2. It would take Howard, Terry, Harris, and future #1 picks to even reach serious discussions (from the Lakers end). This would leave the Mavs with the following lineup:

pg Barrea
sg Bryant
sf Stackhouse
pf Nowitzki
c Diop/Dampier

Dallas won't reduce their team to this level (even to get Kobe).

SUPERMANN5107
10-19-2007, 12:42 AM
I dont see it happening. Everybody saw how Kobe reacted with another superstar big man (Shaq if you dont know) and it would be a bad deal for Dallas to have someone thats gonna cause drama around the team.

sweetwater07
10-19-2007, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by SUPERMANN5107
I dont see it happening. Everybody saw how Kobe reacted with another superstar big man (Shaq if you dont know) and it would be a bad deal for Dallas to have someone thats gonna cause drama around the team.

no joke, he was a huge crybaby playing with shaq, i can only imagine if he had to split up ball time between stackhouse, nowitzki, and the others....talk about middle school drama all over the place

GoStafford
10-19-2007, 08:46 AM
I don't think the player's union will allow it too happen

Texasfootball2
10-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by CelinaCatFan
Dallas will NOT get Kobe for two reasons:

1. The Lakers are not going to trade him to another team in the Western Conference.

2. It would take Howard, Terry, Harris, and future #1 picks to even reach serious discussions (from the Lakers end). This would leave the Mavs with the following lineup:

pg Barrea
sg Bryant
sf Stackhouse
pf Nowitzki
c Diop/Dampier

Dallas won't reduce their team to this level (even to get Kobe).

I haven't heard Harris and Terry both mentioned in any trade. Dallas won't give both of them up. If it happens it will be Howard, "Harris or Terry", and probably a first round pick.

Rabbit'93
10-19-2007, 11:27 AM
i would venture to say several picks

Bull's-eye
10-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I haven't heard Harris and Terry both mentioned in any trade. Dallas won't give both of them up. If it happens it will be Howard, "Harris or Terry", and probably a first round pick.

Remember that both teams are over the cap, so the players being traded must come close in salary. Try the ESPN trade machine. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine

Kobe for Diop, Howard, Terry and Barea works or Kobe & Vujacic for Howard, Harris & Terry is also a successful trade.

crzyjournalist03
10-19-2007, 11:47 AM
I figure Dampier has to be traded to help the cap situation on both sides if a deal is made...

most likely:

Howard, Terry, Dampier for Kobe.

Since Kobe has a no-trade clause, he can dictate where he goes. Kobe's not coming to Dallas if he finds out Dirk is leaving in the trade.

Bull's-eye
10-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
I figure Dampier has to be traded to help the cap situation on both sides if a deal is made...

most likely:

Doesn't work unless you add the Lakers Radmanovic in the deal. The Lakers probably wouldn't want Dampier's bad contract (4yrs @ 10 million per year).

JR2004
10-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Howard is not a player that'd make a deal happen. You can speculate all day long about Howard being in a deal for him, but it won't happen unless Dirk is in that deal. Of the Lakers many needs, Howard's position isn't one of them.

I actually watched our pre-season game last night against Seattle. The difference with Andrew Bynum is night and day. If he becomes a 15-10 guy this season a lot of this trade talk is going to die. That kid spent a ton of time in the weight room this summer after what I saw last night. Durant played pretty well last night in stretches too for Seattle.

Texasfootball2
10-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

most likely:

Since Kobe has a no-trade clause, he can dictate where he goes. Kobe's not coming to Dallas if he finds out Dirk is leaving in the trade.

I think this would be a good trade for the Mavs. They would still have Devon Harris as a point gaurd, and I think this would take a load off of pressure off of Dirk to carry the team. I also think that Dirk would bring the best out in Kobe. All I know is, Dirk and Kobe on the court at the same time creates some serious matchup problems, even for the Spurs. This combination would also open up some space for Harris to use his speed and quickness to penetrate and break down the defense.

I don't know how Kobe and Dirk would get along. The best thing about Dirk, Terry, and Howard is the seem to get along with each other and enjoy playing with each other. If the Chemistry between Dirk and Kobe is good, this deal would bring the title to Dallas.

Just my opinion

big daddy russ
10-19-2007, 02:27 PM
If Dallas were to acquire Kobe, we might as well just hand the trophy to them. But honestly, I don't know what Jerry Buss (or Jim Buss, or Mitch Kupchak, or whoever's running that insane asylum) is thinking considering a trade with Howard, Harris, Terry, and some throw-ins.

You win championships with superstars. They realized this the first time around when they sent Eddie Jones (who was throwing down 20+ a night and was one of the best perimeter defenders in the league) packing so that Kobe could move up in the pecking order.

The only two teams that I'd be looking at if I were the Lakers would be the Bulls and the Suns. The Suns will have the Hawks first-round pick this year (which should be pretty high unless the Hawks' young'uns develop at an exponential rate this year) and could throw in Amare Stoudemire (how about a frontcourt of Bynum, Stoudemire, and Lamar Odom?) or Shawn Marion (who I like a lot more than Stoudemire) along with another pick. That's a trade that makes sense.

The only other things I could see LA doing that would make sense to me would be to go after some of the really young up-and-comers like Kevin Durant and Greg Oden, but I don't know if teams with those kinds of players would be ready to completely scrap rebuilding mode for a player that may or may not fit into what they're doing.

Dominicfrank
10-19-2007, 06:21 PM
I can see the Lakers getting rid of him for less than people think. I see Dallas offering Howard, Terry, and some picks. You wil be shocked at the small package he goes for to any team.