PDA

View Full Version : All this talk about Randy Moss...

VanKampen
10-18-2007, 09:52 AM
why? derrick mason, antonio gates, and tj whosyourmama all have more receptions than he does. his 8 td receptions are tied with plaxico burress. someone else has 7. he leads the league in receiving yards. he also plays for a team that throws the ball a lot. his qb is also tom brady. what does that tell u? moss is only as good as his qb. he couldnt do anything in oakland because he thought his qb sucked and he wouldnt try. ESPN needs to stop their praise of just one receiver when there are other talented ones with stats just as good.

pirate4state
10-18-2007, 09:54 AM
it's ESPN - it's what they do, next week it'll be someone else :D

i think casey said it best they jump off & on bandwagons more than he does! :D

themsu97
10-18-2007, 10:31 AM
is it any worse than what the Texas and Houston media... as well as most of ya'll, do for VY?
Moss has exceptional capabilities and has been a great wr... he has also turned down personal stats to win a championship and realized that it takes a team... unlike a certain #81 who plays in Dallas...
yes it is sickening, but you just get used to it...

burnet44
10-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Pats are the best team in the league
thats why they talk about those players
Moss is a big part of that
I aint defending him
but he is playing well and keeping his mouth semi-shut
that in itself is a story
I guess
aint like the media has a clue
ask A-Rod? lol or Torre

Rabbit'93
10-18-2007, 01:47 PM
I guess I don't understand the logic......moss only as good as the qb that is.

Aren't most receivers dependant on a good qb. I don't see many san fran, baltimore, or tampa receivers burning it up right now. Maybe because they don't have qb that can get them the ball.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
i think casey said it best they jump off & on bandwagons more than he does! :D
Was he serious? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: I just don't see that as a legitimate possibility. :D

Jason1725
10-18-2007, 03:26 PM

How? They have not played everyone yet and they sure as heck aint won a Superbowl yet this year. Until they win it, beating Dallas does not make them the best team in football. That wont be decided till Feb, So until they win that game they are just another good team. They still have to go through the Colts and Steelers.

necks_c/09
10-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Ok, when u lead the league in every receiving category except 1, that deserves a lil praise....

And do u blame him for not trying in oakland?

when andrew walter is throwin it ur way..... dont look for moss to shell out much of an effort

and.... i didnt see anybody else on the patriots team...(past or present) puttin up rediculous #'s like his w/ tom brady chunkin the rock to em....

Hes a great receiver so give the guy a lil credit....

Yea maybe espn hypes him up a lil bit to much...

but there are plenty other things that are talked about way more than they should as well, so y get PO'd about 1 receiver they talk about....?

my guess is, if they were on TO's jock u wouldnt have a problem with it.....

burnet44
10-18-2007, 03:47 PM
Till the playoffs
they we get to find out
but they have to write about something
Moss being a semi-decent human is a story in itself
Moss may not be that bad or he may be
the media paints the pic they want
and the players know it
being a bad boy sells jerseys
and papers

In the end its all about money anyway

necks_c/09
10-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Jason1725

How? They have not played everyone yet and they sure as heck aint won a Superbowl yet this year. Until they win it, beating Dallas does not make them the best team in football. That wont be decided till Feb, So until they win that game they are just another good team. They still have to go through the Colts and Steelers. wow, this is a dumb post....

I give u some reasons:

1. they beat the cowboys
2. they play in february almost every year lately
3. Tom Brady
4. Theyre the PATRIOTS
5. They have won all their games by atleast 17 points
6. theyre undefeated
7. They have already proven themselves....(idk wher u have been)
8. They have won SB's with this same core and this is their most talented team yet....

and who says u have to go 19-0 to be the best team in the league...

They MIGHT drop a game, but i doubt it...

They are head and shoulders abover evrybody else in the NFL

Big Papa
10-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09

And do u blame him for not trying in oakland?

when andrew walter is throwin it ur way..... dont look for moss to shell out much of an effort

umm yeah i blame him...even if your qb isnt good that still doesnt mean you can just take plays off..nfl players are kinda gettin payed big money to play...regardless of the players around them

necks_c/09
10-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
umm yeah i blame him...even if your qb isnt good that still doesnt mean you can just take plays off..nfl players are kinda gettin payed big money to play...regardless of the players around them tell that to every body whoever slacked off....

mustang04
10-18-2007, 04:01 PM

They are head and shoulders abover evrybody else in the NFL

no..not at all....the Colts can beat them..

Big Papa
10-18-2007, 04:03 PM
tell that to every body whoever slacked off....

im not talking to everybody whose slacked off...and if i was i would blame them still...especially if they are in the nfl getting payed a tremendous amount of money to go out and play to the best of their abilities,,,and yet they admit to taking plays off in games and not trying that hard

Big Papa
10-18-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by mustang04
no..not at all....the Colts can beat them..

i agree and i think after watching the game last week the cowboys could have a chance if their secondary improves enough

necks_c/09
10-18-2007, 04:04 PM
no..not at all....the Colts can beat them.. i doubt it very seriously

VanKampen
10-19-2007, 02:22 PM
yeah the cowboys would have done better if anthony henry played

mustang04
10-19-2007, 02:35 PM
i doubt it very seriously

haha...so what are you basing your opinion on???? i'm basing it on the colts undefeated season so far along with the superbowl rings that they are wearing on their fingers from this past year...and all of a sudden you come in here saying that the patriots are "head and shoulders above everyone else"?? HA! the Pats will lose...and so will the Colts most likely...nobody is head and shoulders above everybody else in the NFL

once you get out of highschool and gain a lil more experience in life, you'll see the light...but for now...you should be off the computer and studying for the TAKS;)

necks_c/09
10-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by VanKampen
yeah the cowboys would have done better if anthony henry played and the pats would have done better if Maroney had played too...

Im tired of hearong the out that "Henry didnt play"

necks_c/09
10-19-2007, 03:44 PM
haha...so what are you basing your opinion on???? i'm basing it on the colts undefeated season so far along with the superbowl rings that they are wearing on their fingers from this past year...and all of a sudden you come in here saying that the patriots are "head and shoulders above everyone else"?? HA! the Pats will lose...and so will the Colts most likely...nobody is head and shoulders above everybody else in the NFL

once you get out of highschool and gain a lil more experience in life, you'll see the light...but for now...you should be off the computer and studying for the TAKS;) ha.... another age quote.....

what does my age have to do with me "seeing the light" ur what 5 years older than me at most?

and what does my age have to do with my thinking the pats are the best?

lets see, im basing mine on the fact that they jacked up dallas w/o maroney

they have the best offense in the nfl...

the colts are down from last year...(their D lost multiple Starters)

so based on all that and the fact that they have won Multiple SB's woth the same core team and this is their most talented team yet....

maybe all that is why i picked them to be the best team in the league

sweetwater07
10-19-2007, 03:56 PM
...but for now...you should be off the computer and studying for the TAKS;)

OWNED!!!:clap: :clap:

crzyjournalist03
10-19-2007, 04:05 PM

so based on all that and the fact that they have won Multiple SB's woth the same core team and this is their most talented team yet....

Outside of Brady, they really don't have much of the "core" left:

No Corey Dillon or Antwain Smith
No David Patten
No Deion Branch
No Adam Vinatieri
No Ty Law
No Ted Washington
No David Givens

necks_c/09
10-19-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
Outside of Brady, they really don't have much of the "core" left:

No Corey Dillon or Antwain Smith
No David Patten
No Deion Branch
No Adam Vinatieri
No Ty Law
No Ted Washington
No David Givens ok, well they have Maroney( those other 2 werent exactly game breakers)

they have stallowrth and moss who as a group are better than patten and branch

Asante samuel- hes pretty darn good

and they do have

Harrison
vrabel
3-5 o line men
bruschi

so they do have some retunring players

and they replaced the ones they lost with good players, some better than the ones they lost

(adalius thomas, moss, stallworth)

crzyjournalist03
10-19-2007, 04:37 PM
ok, well they have Maroney( those other 2 werent exactly game breakers)

they have stallowrth and moss who as a group are better than patten and branch

Asante samuel- hes pretty darn good

and they do have

Harrison
vrabel
3-5 o line men
bruschi

so they do have some retunring players

and they replaced the ones they lost with good players, some better than the ones they lost

(adalius thomas, moss, stallworth)

oh, I totally agree that this squad is more talented than the ones that won three Super Bowls, but I just think it's a different team than it was before...the core and key player have changed a lot.

But then again, the ultimate core of the team is #12, and he's not going anywhere for a very long time, so the Pats will be a contender for a while.

mustang04
10-19-2007, 04:57 PM
ha.... another age quote.....

what does my age have to do with me "seeing the light" ur what 5 years older than me at most?

and what does my age have to do with my thinking the pats are the best?

and also...your young age blatantly shows your inexperience with sarcasm:D :D sooo defensive, EASY KILLER!
and 5 years makes alot of difference....makes the difference whether someone can vote, legally drink, drive, conesent to have intercourse with another adult, allow for insurance to lower/raise....alot can happen within 5 years....junior.

Snydertigersrul
10-19-2007, 05:02 PM
and also...your young age blatantly shows your inexperience with sarcasm:D :D sooo defensive, EASY KILLER!
and 5 years makes alot of difference....makes the difference whether someone can vote, legally drink, drive, conesent to have intercourse with another adult, allow for insurance to lower/raise....alot can happen within 5 years....junior.

The Patriots can keep MOss, give me the best receiver in football, TO in Dallas.

mustang04
10-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
The Patriots can keep MOss, give me the best receiver in football, TO in Dallas.

i'd take marvin harrison over anybody...but a tight second would be T.O/Chad Johnson...then Moss

Snydertigersrul
10-19-2007, 05:06 PM
i'd take marvin harrison over anybody...but a tight second would be T.O/Chad Johnson...then Moss

Give me TO

bandera7
10-19-2007, 05:20 PM
OK first of all, I feel TO is the best receiver in football. Not only is he a game breaking player when he touches the ball, but he also will knock the crap out of somebody because of his size and strength.

Let me start this rant by saying I really do enjoy watching Chad Johnson play. I love the guy, I think he is hilarious. But I have NEVER seen a WR get so much hype when he has never scored more than 10 tds in his career. Last year he only had 7. Just because of his publicity people are always trying to say how good he is and all of that stuff. I think he is a great receiver. But putting him in the same league as receivers that have scored 12-18 touchdowns multiple times when only once in his career he even reached 10 is a bit ridiculous....look at his numbers and then you might change your mind a little. I agree, he is a great receiver. But he isnt in the same league as TO, Steve Smith, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison....

GreenGobbla
10-19-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
i agree and i think after watching the game last week the cowboys could have a chance if their secondary improves enough

i dont think i would go that far...

GreenGobbla
10-19-2007, 05:59 PM

ill take moss, then harrison, then smith

themsu97
10-19-2007, 08:36 PM
TO the best receiver in football? lay the crack pipe down and step away... TO is not the best, more overrated than Moss.... Moss has alot more game breaking skills than TO... so does Chad Johnson... their egos are more in check...
Harrison is probably the best, Reggie Wayne is close... then Moss and Johnson... TO is in the top 10 but he is far away better at self promotion than Chad Johnson... TJ whosyourmomma may be better than some of the above mentioned as well

VanKampen
10-19-2007, 09:15 PM
you guys are forgetting about andre johnson. i think the he is second only to harrison