PDA

View Full Version : Volleyball Team in accident

Tiger Baseball
10-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Volleyball team's school bus involved in fatal collision

One man is dead and several children injured following a school bus wreck in Brownfield.

Preliminary Department of Public Safety reports say the driver of a Ford F-150 struck a school bus at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday at F.M. 137 and C.R. 385.

The bus was carrying a ninth-grade volleyball team from Levelland.

The driver of the pickup died, and five children were taken to the emergency room by ambulance.

DPS troopers were still investigating the accident late Tuesday night

lakers
10-17-2007, 11:39 PM
oh wow, that is not good at all...

burnet44
10-18-2007, 12:25 AM
prayers

KTA
10-18-2007, 12:53 AM
double that

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-18-2007, 12:56 AM
thats sad, triple that

STANG RED
10-18-2007, 09:18 AM
I've often wondered how this doesnt happen more often. With all the school buses running all over the state for various reasons, I'm surprised we dont here of this more often.
I'll never forget when that whole load of kids was hit by an 18 wheeler between Sweetwater & Roby back in the late 70s. Seems like about 12 kids died, and some of them were brothers and sisters from the same families.
I cant remember for sure, but it seems like the bus was from Hawley or maybe McCaully. Anyway it was terribly sad.

At least it doesnt sound like any of the children from Levelland were seriously injured in this wreck. Thank God!

pirate4state
10-18-2007, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I've often wondered how this doesnt happen more often. With all the school buses running all over the state for various reasons, I'm surprised we dont here of this more often.
I'll never forget when that whole load of kids was hit by an 18 wheeler between Sweetwater & Roby back in the late 70s. Seems like about 12 kids died, and some of them were brothers and sisters from the same families.
I cant remember for sure, but it seems like the bus was from Hawley or maybe McCaully. Anyway it was terribly sad.

At least it doesnt sound like any of the children from Levelland were seriously injured in this wreck. Thank God!

Very ture, I'm sure they are shaken up. How tragic for everyone involved. :(

kaorder1999
10-18-2007, 09:33 AM
that is horrible news!

piratebg
10-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Hopefully the girls will be ok. Very tragic indeed.

Ranger Mom
10-18-2007, 09:41 AM
Didn't something like that happen in Iraan one year too??

lakers
10-18-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Didn't something like that happen in Iraan one year too??
IDK
but a few years ago band members from Cross Plains were headed to contest and my aunt, one of the sponsors, was followinig in her vechile. She went through a highway intersection and I guess didnt see the oncoming truck, She didnt make it and it really devistated our family...