PDA

View Full Version : For all the Hunters

necks_c/09
10-17-2007, 09:24 PM
My Gramps just wiped out one hog from the population.

I am going to try and post a pic.

Gobbla2001
10-17-2007, 09:25 PM
workin' on doin' me a little wild-hog population trimmin' myself...

lostaussie
10-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
My Gramps just wiped out one hog from the population.

I am going to try and post a pic. my wife got 3 at one shot bout 3 weeks ago. her little Civic didn't hold up too well though.

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:27 PM
sweet, I hunt everytime I get a chance...
If u want a real adreniline rush then u should try to catch them!!!
I have done it plenty of times with my friends...
And no we dont use a trap...
All we use is a pitbull, flashlights, and some rope...

Gobbla2001
10-17-2007, 09:28 PM
wow, aussie, I was about to say, "Guns sure have come a long way" :confused:

necks_c/09
10-17-2007, 09:29 PM
if i got it saved on my comp. then what do i do?

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
wow, aussie, I was about to say, "Guns sure have come a long way" :confused:
It is a lot of fun.
The biggest one we caught probably weighted about 850 lbs, no joke...
We had to use cattle scales to weigh it...

lostaussie
10-17-2007, 09:31 PM
if i got it saved on my comp. then what do i do? houston..........we have a problem:D

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:31 PM
if i got it saved on my comp. then what do i do?
go to photobucket.com, upload it, and put it in a message..

Gobbla2001
10-17-2007, 09:33 PM
read your location... was looking at some pictures from some outfitters up near lubbock and they had killed some monsters up there...

biggest we've trapped down here was near 400... not too bad for there being so many of them to compete for food...

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:35 PM
read your location... was looking at some pictures from some outfitters up near lubbock and they had killed some monsters up there...

biggest we've trapped down here was near 400... not too bad for there being so many of them to compete for food...
yeah but i do all my huntin around abilene... that is where i am from... especially is haskell and rule, peanut fields galore up there

lostaussie
10-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by lakers
It is a lot of fun.
We had to use cattle scales to weigh it... first liar wins.............cause if you caught a WILD 850lb. hog, with a rope and a dog, you one bad mamma jamma!!!!!!!! i can promise it weren't no East Texas piney rooter, cause that sob would have ate yo a$$ up.

Gobbla2001
10-17-2007, 09:40 PM
yeah but i do all my huntin around abilene... that is where i am from... especially is haskell and rule, peanut fields galore up there

yah, up that whole way there are big ones... down here there are just so many of 'em all over the place that you'll seldom see a 400... just too much competition to what food they can root up first...

however, I did see one quite a bit larger than the almost 400 one we trapped just past my uncle's ranch... had my .270 with me, but it was still in the box because I had just purchased it... It was dusk and I saw what I thought was a group of cattle far off... I stopped because the land next to my uncle's doesn't have cattle and I was checkin' to make sure his didn't get out... I stopped and whistled so they'd turn my way so I could see ear tags but they were all hogs... the others were small (was hard to tell, too dark) but one of 'em was 400+... wish I'da had my gun outta the box or I coulda caught him on the run... but that would have been illegal, and I aren't no law breaker down thur ;)

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
first liar wins.............cause if you caught a WILD 850lb. hog, with a rope and a dog, you one bad mamma jamma!!!!!!!! i can promise it weren't no East Texas piney rooter, cause that sob would have ate yo a$$ up.
It is true not a lie, when we found it, somebody had already put a bullet in its right shoulder it was no where from bein dead believe me!!!
It was just hoppin around on three legs...

Gobbla2001
10-17-2007, 09:43 PM

It was just hoppin around on three legs...

A Hog-Rabbit? Bunny-Pig?

y'all have some strange citters up there...

lostaussie
10-17-2007, 09:44 PM
It is true not a lie, when we found it, somebody had already put a bullet in its right shoulder it was no where from bein dead believe me!!!
It was just hoppin around on three legs... ya'll caught somebody's show pig:D

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:44 PM
yah, up that whole way there are big ones... down here there are just so many of 'em all over the place that you'll seldom see a 400... just too much competition to what food they can root up first...

however, I did see one quite a bit larger than the almost 400 one we trapped just past my uncle's ranch... had my .270 with me, but it was still in the box because I had just purchased it... It was dusk and I saw what I thought was a group of cattle far off... I stopped because the land next to my uncle's doesn't have cattle and I was checkin' to make sure his didn't get out... I stopped and whistled so they'd turn my way so I could see ear tags but they were all hogs... the others were small (was hard to tell, too dark) but one of 'em was 400+... wish I'da had my gun outta the box or I coulda caught him on the run... but that would have been illegal, and I aren't no law breaker down thur ;)
Most hogs around abilene average about 250-300...
Occasionally u will get some monsters, but a lot of the monsters that I have seen look very domesticated to me, the one we caught even had a notched ear...

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:45 PM
ya'll caught somebody's show pig:D I wouldnt doubt it... its ear was notched, but it wasnt tame i will tell ya that..

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:46 PM
A Hog-Rabbit? Bunny-Pig?

y'all have some strange citters up there...
Yeah u should see the jackalope that my little brother has in the taxidermy shop...lol

necks_c/09
10-17-2007, 09:50 PM
go to photobucket.com, upload it, and put it in a message.. i really have to do all this...

there is no easier way?

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:52 PM
i really have to do all this...

there is no easier way?

It is easy, just set up an account and upload it...it doesnt take that long

Gobbla2001
10-17-2007, 09:54 PM
i really have to do all this...

there is no easier way?

or you could go to www.imageshack.us

whichever...

necks_c/09
10-17-2007, 09:54 PM
its takin a really long time to upload....(my interent is really slow)

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:56 PM
its takin a really long time to upload....(my interent is really slow)
:doh:

Old Green
10-17-2007, 10:20 PM
anyone see the youtube video of the guy killing a 180 lbs. hog with a pellet rifle. Dropped him in his tracks.

lakers
10-17-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
anyone see the youtube video of the guy killing a 180 lbs. hog with a pellet rifle. Dropped him in his tracks.
no, what is it under???

Old Green
10-17-2007, 10:23 PM
no, what is it under??? I'll try and find it.

44INAROW
10-17-2007, 10:25 PM
its takin a really long time to upload....(my interent is really slow) did you resize the picture? sometimes it takes forever with a large pic

Old Green
10-17-2007, 10:28 PM
no, what is it under??? Here is the link. I hope it works

http://www.gamousa.com/videos/62_

lakers
10-17-2007, 10:37 PM
Here is the link. I hope it works

http://www.gamousa.com/videos/62_
it says page cannot be found

Old Green
10-17-2007, 10:41 PM
it says page cannot be found Ok . try this link

http://www.gamousa.com/Catalog.aspx?Product=62

the hunter extreme model air rifle. There is a little windows media player box under it. that's where you will find the video.

For some reason I can't post just clip.

sweetwater07
10-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Most hogs around abilene average about 250-300...
Occasionally u will get some monsters, but a lot of the monsters that I have seen look very domesticated to me, the one we caught even had a notched ear...

idk what kind of pigs you've been trappin but on my parents hunting ranch in Trent, those pigs look like straight up ugly feral hogs. i might have seen 3-4 that look even somewhat domesticated

lakers
10-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Ok . try this link

http://www.gamousa.com/Catalog.aspx?Product=62

the hunter extreme model air rifle. There is a little windows media player box under it. that's where you will find the video.

For some reason I can't post just clip.
That is pretty cool...:clap:
I would love to have one, but I am not payin $500 for an air rifle...

Old Green
10-17-2007, 10:49 PM
That is pretty cool...:clap:
I would love to have one, but I am not payin $500 for an air rifle... LoL. I did ! Things as loud as a .22 and has a little kick to it.:D

lakers
10-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
idk what kind of pigs you've been trappin but on my parents hunting ranch in Trent, those pigs look like straight up ugly feral hogs. i might have seen 3-4 that look even somewhat domesticated
Yeah, most do...
The guy we sell them to says when he gets big ones he can tell a difference in the ones that were formerly domestic, They tend to be not near as hairy, curly tail, and some have a notched ear...

lakers
10-17-2007, 10:51 PM
LoL. I did ! Things as loud as a .22 and has a little kick to it.:D
Ur kidding, does it use CO2 or what???

Old Green
10-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Ur kidding, does it use CO2 or what??? Single cock barrel break spring action. Takes 58 lbs. of force to cock it. When siting it in, I wore myself out cocking it.:(

lakers
10-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Single cock barrel break action. Takes 58 lbs. of force to cock it. When siting it in, I wore myself out cocking it.:(

OMG that is redicilous!!!

Have u shot anything with it???

Old Green
10-17-2007, 10:57 PM
OMG that is redicilous!!!

Have u shot anything with it??? Not yet. Waiting till after deer season to do an Elmer Fudd on Bugs Bunny:D

lakers
10-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Not yet. Waiting till after deer season to do an Elmer Fudd on Bugs Bunny:D
Haha if I had one, I would have already worn it out...lol
I cant believe how the rabbits freeze up like that in the video.
And I would definitely try it out on a hog, or maybe a stray cat:devil:

Old Green
10-17-2007, 11:03 PM
Haha if I had one, I would have already worn it out...lol
I cant believe how the rabbits freeze up like that in the video.
And I would definitely try it out on a hog, or maybe a stray cat:devil: I might try it on a feral cat. I don't know about a wild hog though.

I bet that guy had a backup behind him with a 30.06 in case he made the hog mad.:D

lakers
10-17-2007, 11:09 PM
I might try it on a feral cat. I don't know about a wild hog though.

I bet that guy had a backup behind him with a 30.06 in case he made the hog mad.:D
yeah and he was able to get really close to, with a camera crew...

Personally I go with a .257 Roberts when I hunt pigs, it works like a charm...:D

A couple of years ago, me, my brother and 2 of our friends killed 22 hogs in one afternoon, (we got nine of them with the pickup).
That is probably the most fun that I have ever had hunting..

Old Green
10-17-2007, 11:17 PM
yeah and he was able to get really close to, with a camera crew...

Personally I go with a .257 Roberts when I hunt pigs, it works like a charm...:D

A couple of years ago, me, my brother and 2 of our friends killed 22 hogs in one afternoon, (we got nine of them with the pickup).
That is probably the most fun that I have ever had hunting.. You must have been using a Dodge Magnum truck. Lmao:D

lakers
10-17-2007, 11:25 PM
You must have been using a Dodge Magnum truck. Lmao:D

haha actually it was a chevy with buckshot tires and a front end replacement bumper...

worked like a charm:D

Old Green
10-17-2007, 11:27 PM
haha actually it was a chevy with buckshot tires and a front end replacement bumper...

worked like a charm:D That's hog getting machine for sure.:D

lakers
10-17-2007, 11:38 PM
That's hog getting machine for sure.:D
definitely, many 'a hogs have been slayin from that truck. It is my friend's dad's truck and we for sure rag it out...
They have got it stuck a couple of times, and my buddy hit a rock (more like a bolder) chasing hogs through the pasture and screwed up the stearing. now the stearing wheel is turned sideways when u go straight ahead. I feel bad for whoever buys that trucks when they decide to sell it, it may look cool on the outside but I wouldnt want it...

sweetwater07
10-18-2007, 12:36 AM
Yeah, most do...
The guy we sell them to says when he gets big ones he can tell a difference in the ones that were formerly domestic, They tend to be not near as hairy, curly tail, and some have a notched ear...
if you catch and sell, i might have some business for you

my stepdad buys them and puts them in a 330 acre net fence pasture for hunters to shoot.....he'll probably buy some from you

Darren
10-18-2007, 06:53 AM
It is a lot of fun.
We had to use cattle scales to weigh it...

I am going to have to call BS on this one.

I've done plently of hog hunting some of which has been with hog dogs and you don;t see too many 850 lb wild hogs running around. And if you did find one you wouldn't catch it with one pitbull and a rope.

lostaussie
10-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Darren

I've done plently of hog hunting some of which has been with hog dogs and you don;t see too many 850 lb wild hogs running around. And if you did find one you wouldn't catch it with one pitbull and a rope.

first liar wins.............cause if you caught a WILD 850lb. hog, with a rope and a dog, you one bad mamma jamma!!!!!!!! i can promise it weren't no East Texas piney rooter, cause that sob would have ate yo a$$ up.

yep I was all over that last night:D

lakers
10-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Darren

Alright what ever...

Believe what u want, I guess the only ones that know that it is truth is me, my dad, my buddies, their parents, the guy we sell the hogs too, everybody that we showed it too, and the man up stairs...:p

By the way there was a pickup involed too, we had to drag the hog on the road and park the truck in the ditch where we could roll it into the bed of the truck...

We ended up just killing it anyway, the guy wouldnt buy it because it had a bullet hole in it...

lakers
10-18-2007, 09:49 AM
if you catch and sell, i might have some business for you

my stepdad buys them and puts them in a 330 acre net fence pasture for hunters to shoot.....he'll probably buy some from you

how much does he give per pound???

Right now the wild hog market is pretty good...

Darren
10-18-2007, 10:32 AM
yep I was all over that last night:D

I'll give you the credit.

Lostaussie didn't you tell me that you shot a 300 lb squirrel while dove hunting last week?
Or did you catch it with a cat and a rope?

:devil: :D :devil: :D

sweetwater07
10-18-2007, 07:47 PM
how much does he give per pound???

Right now the wild hog market is pretty good...

idk how much he gives per pound, prob. the same as the ppl in Rotan and Roby do.

lakers
10-18-2007, 10:08 PM
idk how much he gives per pound, prob. the same as the ppl in Rotan and Roby do.
I will tell my friend that has the bulldog that, but that is a long way to travel to sell a pig... we sell ours to a guy in hamby and then he sells them to a company that ships them to europe.

sweetwater07
10-18-2007, 10:10 PM
I will tell my friend that has the bulldog that, but that is a long way to travel to sell a pig... we sell ours to a guy in hamby and then he sells them to a company that ships them to europe.

thats what those guys in Rotan and Roby do, but my parents ranch is in Trent, still a little ways to travel for you though.

lakers
10-18-2007, 10:19 PM
thats what those guys in Rotan and Roby do, but my parents ranch is in Trent, still a little ways to travel for you though.
i was told that the profits will be much higher than they were last year...

We have a ranch that is a little over 3000 acres and we will be settin about 4 or 5 traps this year.

But when we catch them with dogs, we usually go to haskell and rule for that.

sweetwater07
10-19-2007, 12:58 AM
i was told that the profits will be much higher than they were last year...

We have a ranch that is a little over 3000 acres and we will be settin about 4 or 5 traps this year.

But when we catch them with dogs, we usually go to haskell and rule for that.

if you get big ones he will pay you quite a bit, because all we have seemed to get lately have been under 100lbs. He wants some almost trophy size pigs (250 lbs. to 350lbs.)

if you get a hold of any of them then let me know i'll put you in contact with him