PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Teams

District303aPastPlayer
07-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Are there teams that you play in pre-season that let their loss to your team get their entire mindset on that one game? (IE: Gregory Portland to SInton) Ive noticed that alot of people are hung up on this...

sinton66
07-27-2003, 03:46 PM
Think about it Aaron, it was the first time, ever . But, I agree, they should have let it go.

Gobbla2001
07-27-2003, 04:05 PM
We've beat Yoakum a lot... And though a lot of us personally know each other (we're about 12 miles apart) the stupid people from that village will come spray paint stuff in our town, win or lose...

If we beat 'em, they'll spray-paint all of the bad things they can about Cuero... But if they win they'll spray paint the score somewhere (okay, a lot of places) along with a 'CHS SUX YHS RULES' signature or something...

I remember when we lost to 'em my senior year (after beating them 42-0, 33-0 and 33-13 the last three years) they had some guy in a truck with the score of the game shoe-polished to his windshield drive by slowly and honking his horn while we were practicing...

It gets pretty annoying...

Old Dog
07-27-2003, 04:15 PM
Gobbla2001.....that's just the way high schoolers sometimes act.....hormones are hard to control. In all honesty, it's not limited to teenagers, many adults couldn't demonstrate a decent example if their life depended on it! Best bet in life is to let it sliiiiiiiide.............. and think ethicically superior!

Let's look at the flip side, I respectfully submit that Sinton and Everman were two of the classiest teams (AND towns) we played recently. They were the portrait of "we've been there and know how to act"!

<small>[ July 27, 2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: Old Dog ]</small>

pirate4state
07-28-2003, 03:20 PM
Old Dog:
Gobbla2001.....that's just the way high schoolers sometimes act.....hormones are hard to control. In all honesty, it's not limited to teenagers, many adults couldn't demonstrate a decent example if their life depended on it! Best bet in life is to let it sliiiiiiiide.............. and think ethicically superior!

Let's look at the flip side, I respectfully submit that Sinton and Everman were two of the classiest teams (AND towns) we played recently. They were the portrait of "we've been there and know how to act"!hee-hee, I don't think you met ALL of the Sinton fans!! :D :D For the most part we do behave ourselves!! :)

JasperDog94
07-28-2003, 04:01 PM
Unfortunately the Jasper/West Orange Stark rivalry has been put on hold by being in seperate classifications. That was one of the better rivalries in East Texas. WOS fans would drive 90 miles to Jasper just to spray paint our school. Or they would just spray our buses at the freshman and JV games.

Bulldog92
07-28-2003, 10:47 PM
Looks like the rivalry will be renewed after the realignment happens, but I was saying last year that we should schedule West Orange regardless of where we're classified. Where are we gonna post next year if we leave 3A? I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Go Dogs... :)

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: Bulldog92 ]</small>

Jimbotex40
07-29-2003, 02:55 AM
one team that i wish would have been more annoying is carthage. they only had one or two posters at the time of last years playoffs, and id call them more pesky than annoying.

they said that they were gonna surprise some people and they sure did open the eyes of the forney jackrabbits. if it wasnt for 2 fortunate plays in the last minute of the game, we would have lost and they would have gone on to defeat atlanta and then proly lose a close one to everman like we did.

i say that i wish carthage was annoying because it would have gotten us pissed like we were when we blew out wilmer hutchins and wills point. we would have had something a little more to prove to them than just winning, such as winning in style. our lineman would be lucky to have recieved an F+ on an A-F grade scale. our defense was still solid but i didnt like the attitude of the team that night, but i am still glad as poo that they turned their frowns upside down in the last few minutes.