PDA

View Full Version : Sweeny Message (LilBalla included)

g$$
10-17-2007, 04:05 PM
**I have not been on here much at all in months, but I did read posts by LilBalla255 & some others. I am all for objective analysis but taking personal shots is just wrong & unwarranted. To my knowledge, I do NOT know the poster LilBalla. I respectfully ask for all of us to stay above the fray & support the program & kids.**

Look, I have not seen a game or even a practice all year due to family health concerns & not being around the old hometown as much. But I do know these men are quality coaches & quality human beings. Some years are simply better than others. Coaches do NOT get stupid overnight. Coach Z's overall record speaks for itself (100+ wins, playoff runs, district titles, role model for kids). Talent comes & goes in cycles, & this year they are struggling no doubt. Genetics do play a role in wins & losses. The qb is often the most visible target, fairly or unfairly, for blame & also praise. Some questioned him last year when the team lost 3 rounds deep to eventual state champion Liberty Hill. I defended him then & nothing has changed. Football is a team sport, not tennis or golf. All the parts must work together.

I believe in Sweeny: the coaches, players, fans, & administration. We have had a proud program in numerous sports for many years, & have the banners to prove it. No need to overreact & point fingers. Just remember where we were before Coach Z returned, thank goodness, & righted the sinking ship. He is a fair & decent man that works extremely hard (as does staff) & conducts himself properly too. I say that because I know him & have watched him for years. Let's stay classy & support the program.

GATA Dogs & stay the course.

JDOG
10-17-2007, 04:56 PM
I guess you have heard ,judging by your post, that it has been said that LilBalla255 was you since you have not been on lately. Nice post. It has just been a rough year for the Dogs and it happens to every program. Hang in there Dogs and keep giving it your all. GATA!

Gobbla2001
10-17-2007, 05:02 PM
GATA?

Great Animals (bulldogs) Think Alike?

Sweeny will be just fine... nothing is ever perfect...

g$$
10-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by JDOG
I guess you have heard ,judging by your post, that it has been said that LilBalla255 was you since you have not been on lately. Nice post. It has just been a rough year for the Dogs and it happens to every program. Hang in there Dogs and keep giving it your all. GATA!

Who said that? I was never that person, then or now. I have one name on here & always have: g$$. I chose not to post for an extended time, never been ROMmed. Anyone who knows me can vouch for that. I have been busy with my Mom for crying out loud, nor would I say those things anyway. I have not even seen a practice or game. And I certainly know how to spell & use correct grammar too. My goodness - again I ask who said that?

I don't use the word "balla" either. I'm 37 years old & that is not in my vocabulary, thanks. I challenge anyone to say that was me. If so, let's talk in person. Coach Z, staff, & players have my full support. I am the same guy who defended this same group last year. I also played 3 sports in Sweeny & am a proud alumnus who helped put some of those banners on the wall - I don't trash my school. I am certainly no hypocrite - what you see is what you get. That garbage, or assumption, ticks me off & questions my character as a human being. Whoever said that does not know me & is looking for trouble. They may have found it too.

Ask 18 Handicap or some of the current coaches if that was me & you will get a resounding NO for an answer. I promise you that.

I want to know who said that was me...

pololdb
10-17-2007, 05:15 PM
I have been looking at the post and chose not to say anything, but enough is enough. The qb is not all of the problem, that is agreed. It is only right for the coach to start his son if he didn't that would make him a sorry father. After watching his performance after he was pulled in the VV game, I believe that a little competition is good for him. He can make the reads the problem is when he tries to roll out, his footwork is to slow, and he can't get his shoulders around to make a strong pass. Rotating the quaterbacks may throw the defense off balance. With an offensive line that is fair at its best why not put him in the gun and run shorter, quick routes instead of trying to pound out a running game. Whyy don't we try to use the pass to open up the run. After watching this season I am starting to think that some of those that we hold in such high regard are not as great as we think. They are great when they an abundance of talent, but when they lack that one superstar, they struggle to figure out a way to win.

Gobbla2001
10-17-2007, 05:20 PM
another thing you have to understand with HS coaches playing their sons at QB etc... is that a coach trusts his son more than he trusts anyone else on the team because he knows him... and the son trusts the dad more than any other coach on the team etc... the two just know each other... it'd be different if he pulled his 5'6 275pound son off of the x-box and threw him in there...

I think that when a young man plays for his father, he is more inclined to do his best than when playing for someone he doesn't know as well... because if he doesn't he might get a spankin'... no, seriously...

necks_c/09
10-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by pololdb
I have been looking at the post and chose not to say anything, but enough is enough. The qb is not all of the problem, that is agreed. It is only right for the coach to start his son if he didn't that would make him a sorry father. After watching his performance after he was pulled in the VV game, I believe that a little competition is good for him. He can make the reads the problem is when he tries to roll out, his footwork is to slow, and he can't get his shoulders around to make a strong pass. Rotating the quaterbacks may throw the defense off balance. With an offensive line that is fair at its best why not put him in the gun and run shorter, quick routes instead of trying to pound out a running game. Whyy don't we try to use the pass to open up the run. After watching this season I am starting to think that some of those that we hold in such high regard are not as great as we think. They are great when they an abundance of talent, but when they lack that one superstar, they struggle to figure out a way to win. Everybody struggles to win when the talent is thin.....duh

If it was all about scheme and Chemistry everybody would have state titles.....

Its not all on the coaches but yea they should prolly win more than they have b/c talent is not that bad... but

they dont have the players they have had in the past... and anytime u take out a superstar, have fun trying to win.....

jmo

pololdb
10-17-2007, 05:24 PM
i agree with you. that's part of my point. sometimes it helps to have competition. when you know you won't be pulled sometimes you don't play at your highest level. it's not that you are trying not to play hard, it just happens.

g$$
10-17-2007, 05:27 PM
I respectfully ask Admin or Mods to check the profile of "LilBalla255" & confirm it is not me. I do not take kindly to anyone making assumptions about me that affect my character. That person said things I do not agree with nor would I ever say on a public forum anyway.

I have always been the same guy, for better or worse. But I do not lie about who I am - EVER. I ask for someone to check this out please & report the findings.

pololdb
10-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
Everybody struggles to win when the talent is thin.....duh

If it was all about scheme and Chemistry everybody would have state titles.....

Its not all on the coaches but yea they should prolly win more than they have b/c talent is not that bad... but

they dont have the players they have had in the past... and anytime u take out a superstar, have fun trying to win.....

jmo

you are right, i think that WC is a prime example. There are no really great players on the team, but there coaching staff does a great job making adjustments and coaching to the teams strength. That's what got them the victory over Sweeny.

necks_c/09
10-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by pololdb
you are right, i think that WC is a prime example. There are no really great players on the team, but there coaching staff does a great job making adjustments and coaching to the teams strength. That's what got them the victory over Sweeny. We have great coaches, but i think we also have a substantially more talented O line and have been able to replace our defnesive players quite well.....

I think gray has played better than many thought he would and that has helped us quite a bit.... (hes becoming very efficent)

So, in turn... yea our coaches call a good game... but i think we are substantially more talented as well.....

so.... like i say.... you can have great coaching and do ok... nut u will never win like u want to w/o the right players....

g$$
10-17-2007, 05:42 PM
JDOG: if you don't care to name names, then please direct me to the thread where someone (or more) said I was that other poster. I can take it from there.

I want to know what "know-it-all tool" said that was me & I will handle it. Obviously I am not happy about this. Thanks.

JDOG
10-17-2007, 05:56 PM
It was not said on a thread. I heard it at a game from people speculating who it might be and your user name was mentioned amongst other posters. I think anyone reading this will see how strongly you feel about it as people don't even know who anyone is on here and realize it wasn't g$$. No personal accusations by anyone. Just user names.

18handicap
10-17-2007, 05:57 PM
G$$ is not LilBalla. I've known G$$ for a long time and he is 100% behind the players and coaches at Sweeny. Those guys can coach and are great people.

G$$ is not LilBalla.

Also, you're right, not matter how good or great of a coach you are, if you don't have the right talent, it's going to be a struggle to win. I know of a lot of great coaches with average or below average talent and do just fine.

necks_c/09
10-17-2007, 05:59 PM
It was not said on a thread. I heard it at a game from people speculating who it might be and your user name was mentioned amongst other posters. I think anyone reading this will see how strongly you feel about it as people don't even know who anyone is on here and realize it wasn't g$$. No personal accusations by anyone. Just user names. yea, b.c i went and read the entire Sweeny Nerdville thread and i didnt see anything....

so i was wondering too...

but atleast now we and the people at the field know g$$ was/ and is not happy about the comparison....

g$$
10-17-2007, 06:17 PM
It was not said on a thread. I heard it at a game from people speculating who it might be and your user name was mentioned amongst other posters. I think anyone reading this will see how strongly you feel about it as people don't even know who anyone is on here and realize it wasn't g$$. No personal accusations by anyone. Just user names.

Thanks for the reply. Please tell any of those people who speculated it was me that in the future they can talk to me & we can avoid the Sweeny gossip. I am not hiding who I am & frankly never have. I shoot straight with people & hate back-stabbing gossipers. Again, I have not attended a game or even practice all year. If the Dogs practiced or played at Houston's Medical Center, then maybe I could have seen them play. Please relay the message to those "people".

Shoot me a PM & we can talk more. Seems some people think they know me & they sure as hell don't. I would like to speak to those people directly. Probably the same people spreading unfounded rumors about a relative of mine who happens to be a scholarship athlete. Jealousy anyone? Par for their course. Hope to visit soon. I think I know who you are & we can go from there.

lilballa255
10-17-2007, 06:21 PM
To clear up everything g$$ is not me. Sorry for the inconvenience g$$.

Gobbla2001
10-17-2007, 06:23 PM
okay okay okay, I admit it, I'm littleballerTwoFiftyFive...

Big Papa
10-17-2007, 06:23 PM
so i was just thinkin about it and i think ive come to the conclusion that g$$ is lilballa...yup yup im pretty sure of it

18handicap
10-17-2007, 06:25 PM
People from Sweetwater should spend their time worrying about Snyder. :p

pirate4state
10-17-2007, 06:28 PM
:confused: I have no idea what thread this is about, but lilballa and g$$ are different people.

g$$ please send me a PM if I need to have a talk with anyone.

Thanks

Big Papa
10-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
People from Sweetwater should spend their time worrying about Snyder. :p

yeah and maybe people from CS should've spent more time worrying about tech..:D :D :devil: :p

ok people back to the topic...
g$$ is not lilballa

g$$
10-17-2007, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
so i was just thinkin about it and i think ive come to the conclusion that g$$ is lilballa...yup yup im pretty sure of it

You're not funny & need to mind your own business. And that's g$$ talking directly to you.

Thanks LilBalla255 for the help in clearing this up. You have a right to your own opinions, but we are 2 different people entirely. Now everyone should know that, even though there never should have been a question for those who know me.

Do I know you LilBalla?

Big Papa
10-17-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by g$$
You're not funny & need to mind your own business. And that's g$$ talking directly to you.

ha dang man take it easy...why do you even care who people think you are...i dont even know why you got bent outta shape by it...but of course you can do as you want ifn thats what you want to do

18handicap
10-17-2007, 06:37 PM
I'm not an Aggie. Maybe you should rephrase that we should worry about Kentucky and I'll believe you.

Hmmm. from my memory -- I never lost to Sweetwater when I coached at Snyder.

BEAT AUBURN!!:clap:

Big Papa
10-17-2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by 18handicap
I'm not an Aggie. Maybe you should rephrase that we should worry about Kentucky and I'll believe you.

BEAT AUBURN!!:clap:

my bad...like i said kentucky:D :D

18handicap
10-17-2007, 06:40 PM
Now you got it right!!:D

g$$
10-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:confused: I have no idea what thread this is about, but lilballa and g$$ are different people.

g$$ please send me a PM if I need to have a talk with anyone.

Thanks

Thanks for the prompt reply in clearing this up.

If those "speculating people" can read, then this should be put to bed. But I will find out who those "people" are, you can bet the farm on that & we will talk. They hit a nerve & should never have gone there. Paybacks are hell when you question my integrity or character, & they did just that.

g$$
10-17-2007, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
ha dang man take it easy...why do you even care who people think you are...i dont even know why you got bent outta shape by it...but of course you can do as you want ifn thats what you want to do

Because I was associated with some remarks I would NEVER make, that's why. I have friends & former coaches on that staff, plus I think highly of the kids & parents. I don't bash my hometown. No offense to you, just let it go & move on.

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Because I was associated with some remarks I would NEVER make, that's why. I have friends & former coaches on that staff, plus I think highly of the kids & parents. I don't bash my hometown. No offense to you, just let it go & move on.
You could always pay him back by talking about their PINK endzones. :devil: :devil:

g$$
10-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Thanks, but I will just move on & let the facts speak for themselves. Best of luck to all.

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
lilballa and g$$ are different people.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ranger Mom
10-17-2007, 07:57 PM
So...this is all about someone saying "at a game" that lilballa and G$$ were the same person?? It wasn't even said on the board??

Heck, I never met G$$ in my life, but I can tell enough about him just in the way he posts that he is secure enough to not have to talk smack behind a pseudo username!!

JDOG
10-17-2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
So...this is all about someone saying "at a game" that lilballa and G$$ were the same person?? It wasn't even said on the board??

Heck, I never met G$$ in my life, but I can tell enough about him just in the way he posts that he is secure enough to not have to talk smack behind a pseudo username!! It was being speculated who it might be and the person who said it is like most of us on this board has no idea who anyone on here is. They were just guessing different posters. Not an individual assault on anyone, especially since they have no clue who anyone is. And I will say G$$ has supported the program even last year when people were mouthing about the same thing.

Big Papa
10-17-2007, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
You could always pay him back by talking about their PINK endzones. :devil: :devil:

he could...and then i could laugh and say...ha i didnt go to sweetwater...and then join join in on the making fun of it:D :D

g$$
10-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

Heck, I never met G$$ in my life, but I can tell enough about him just in the way he posts that he is secure enough to not have to talk smack behind a pseudo username!!

Thanks, I am who I am. It has been put to bed now & I am moving on. I have no idea who "LilBalla" is & really don't care anymore. He & I have different opinions & that is that. Good luck to all.