PDA

View Full Version : Poll for Div I & Div II-3A

Old Cardinal
04-19-2002, 02:02 PM
I don't think it is possible to have a joint 3A poll when so many 4A's have dropped into 3A this year. So here is a poll that is split by possible Divisional layout.....Division I 1. Jasper 2. Sinton 3. Everman 4. Bridge City 5. Snyder 6. Sweeny 7. Borger 8. Canyon 9. Gatesville 10 three-way-tie Splendora,Perryton,Vernon........Division II 1. Kennedale 2. LaGrange 3. Newton 4. Commerce 5. Cameron 6. Burnett 7. Bridgeport 8. Barber's Hill 9. Diboll 10. Giddings Please share your predictions based on two Divisions.....?

Old Green
04-19-2002, 03:33 PM
Division I
1. Everman
2.Sinton
3.Jasper
4.Bridge City
5.Gatesville
6.Abilene Wylie
7.Snyder
8.Burnet
9. Canyon
10.Elgin

I'm looking for Sinton and Everman in a rematch. The freshman jinx in 3A keeps Jasper out of the title game. First year in 3A for former 4A teams has not produced a state champion. If Sinton can replace their line they will win it all.
Division II
1.Kennedale
2. LaGrange
3.Vernon
4.Commerce
5.Sweeny
6.Btidgeport
7.Sweetwater
8.China Spring
9.Sealy
10.Edna
Kennedale and LaGrange in the title game.
Sleepers in Division II are Sealy and Edna. Both were young last year. They have good speed and size with lots if Skill starters returning. All they need is consistency.
Commerce tradition warrants a #4 ranking.
[This message has been edited by Old Green (edited April 19, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Old Green (edited April 19, 2002).]

eye of the tiger
04-19-2002, 10:38 PM
Old Green In Div I---I think I would inch Burnet up a couple of notches(if they go Div I). If they go Div II I think I would put them in the top 5. From what I am hearing and reading they should be awesome. In Div II--I think I might have Bridgeport a little higher. Most incredible QB there. Cant wait until August.

Jacket2000
04-19-2002, 11:26 PM
Wow, you sure are picking Kennedale pretty high. I agree that they could make some noise. But reaching the finals? I just dont see it happening. Region 1 is gonna be pretty salty this year in itself, and region 2 has had a team in the finals every year for the past 10 years(SLC was region 2, werent they?). Im picking Kennedale to go 3, maybe 4 rounds deep.
J2K

Old Green
04-20-2002, 02:14 AM
Burnet Will definitely be Div. I. Largest school in the District 25.

A Friend of mine who lives in Kennedale now says they are loaded with returning starters.

I forgot about Bridgeports quareterback coming back. But didn't they lose the majority of the offense line to graduation.

[This message has been edited by Old Green (edited April 20, 2002).]

Old Green
04-20-2002, 02:49 AM
Burnet will have to get by Sinton in the Region 4 Div.I Regional final is why I didn't rank Burnet higher.

Old Cardinal
04-20-2002, 07:26 AM
Boy, I agree with Old Green, my sources say Kennedale is loaded with seasoned players that have been there......

kaorder1999
04-22-2002, 01:11 PM
Don't count out those Jackrabbits...even though Super Man Blanton is leaving they are still going to be full of talent!!

Matthew328
04-22-2002, 10:34 PM
Ok well if you wanna do this early here goes..I am not gonna rank any of the teams but I'll put some of the ones I think will make noise...some of the 4A's that will be dropping won't make that big of an impact...Jasper being the exception...Canyon will be OK, but Borger was a bad 4A and they could be a 3rd place team in 1-3A behind Canyon and Perryton...Snyder has been getting beat up by Wylie the last few years so we know that they prolly aren't in Wylie's league...also they have struggled with Lamesa and Sweetwater..good 3A's but not elite..Chapel Hill and Carthage will be good in Region 2 but neither will be elite..Jasper is the only one that will make a lot of noise and contend for a state tittle..and by the way Canyon will be D2 Borger is the biggest school in 1-3A
Division 1
Jasper, Everman, Sinton, Wylie, Forney, Gatesville, Bridge City, and Burnet

Division 2
Kennedale, Canyon, Ballinger, Wilmer-Hutchins, Atlanta, Commerce, Marlin, LaGrange, Bellville

duckbutter
04-23-2002, 09:29 AM
I think Marlin will make a strong run for the title in D2 this yr.

vet93
04-23-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328:
Ok well if you wanna do this early here goes..I am not gonna rank any of the teams but I'll put some of the ones I think will make noise...some of the 4A's that will be dropping won't make that big of an impact...Jasper being the exception...Canyon will be OK, but Borger was a bad 4A and they could be a 3rd place team in 1-3A behind Canyon and Perryton...Snyder has been getting beat up by Wylie the last few years so we know that they prolly aren't in Wylie's league...also they have struggled with Lamesa and Sweetwater..good 3A's but not elite..Chapel Hill and Carthage will be good in Region 2 but neither will be elite..Jasper is the only one that will make a lot of noise and contend for a state tittle..and by the way Canyon will be D2 Borger is the biggest school in 1-3A
Division 1
Jasper, Everman, Sinton, Wylie, Forney, Gatesville, Bridge City, and Burnet

Division 2
Kennedale, Canyon, Ballinger, Wilmer-Hutchins, Atlanta, Commerce, Marlin, LaGrange, Bellville

Matt...I think that you left out Sweetwater and Bridgeport in Division 2. I think that they will be as strong if not stronger than Canyon and Ballinger in their region.

Old Cardinal
04-23-2002, 01:12 PM
To Old Green: I certainly respect your opinions on polls-you have proven so much more accurate than many others. I was just wondering why no one except me are picking Newton to advance their customary 3 or 4 rounds again this year. I have seen Curtis Barbay's JV and they were extra good last year. They returned a great group of seasoned boys who have many Postseason games under their belt. Maybe you folks know something about that team that I am not factoring in?

duckbutter
04-23-2002, 03:03 PM
Newton will do well next yr but we will be thin on the OL. Next yrs team will be loaded with freshmen and soph.

buffalo booster
04-23-2002, 03:49 PM
Old Cardinal -- I'm almost sorry to see Giddings getting a little bit of early recognition. Although last year's team was certainly dominated by seniors, there are a number of kids returning who saw plenty of action. Running game should be solid. I believe that they will surprise more than a few people, and would almost prefer that folks underestimate their strength next season.

Old Green
04-23-2002, 06:45 PM
old Cardinal. It is Just my opinion that I have posted. It is one of the few teams I haven't read much on. Newton is a great team with great tradition but have not read or read much info on Newton starters and their potential to rise to another level. Coach Barbay I am Sure will get the most out of them and I am expecting them to give Jasper all they can handle their 1st year in 3A.

beefy
04-26-2002, 11:20 AM
i look forward to next years season eagerly every time i read these polls. yes burnet will have to get by sinton in the quarters to advance, however burnet started 8 sophs last year and only lost 4 to graduation. i'm telling everyone right now burnet will be in the finals next year div. I. now for those who are sceptical i say you have every right to be. yet, we look forward to educating the masses......

Matthew328
04-26-2002, 02:25 PM
Burnet will be a big time player in the mix in Region 4 along with Sinton..both are top 10 teams...to get to the finals Burnet will likley have to get past Jasper...no easy task there

Old Cardinal
07-05-2002, 10:12 AM
To All. I pulled up some polls from April 19-26, 2002. I thought it was interesting how people have changed their minds lately. I will stick with my April predictions. I was wondering why Kennedale has fallen so much out of favor?

Chris Hart
07-05-2002, 11:10 AM
Them Burnet Bulldogs can play with anybody in the state. I am looking forward to a reg 4 final against Sinton,then Jasper,then Everman were going to eat em all up.
Wishful thinking there but I think Burnet can play any of them teams a good game.

Go Big Green!

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Eagle 00
07-05-2002, 11:58 AM
Matthew, 328
I have been impressed with you knowledge on most teams. Except your last post Snyder has not struggled with Sweetwater in fact the 2 teams have not played in 2 years. The last time they played was 1999 when Snyder won by 28 points and Snyder won the year before that also. As for Lamesa they have not played in 4 years. As for Wylie 3 years ago Snyder beat them by 21 and 2 years ago Wylie scored with 40 seconds left to win on a great call. As for last year Wylie won by 14. I would not classify that as being dominated and if you ask the Wylie fans or Snyder fans that game is always a good game. It is one of classiest rivalries I know of. I do not post after July 5th so I thought I would answer as many questions out there as possible.

Old Cardinal
07-05-2002, 05:50 PM
I have received info that Luling and Wimberley although rebuilding to some extent are being over looked-can anyone answer this question?

Ram
07-05-2002, 07:40 PM
Eagle

I believe a few people may be very suprised at how well some 4A dropdowns do this year. some of the posts will be good to save from this line to bring back up in november december..

Old Cardinal
07-22-2002, 03:34 PM
We posted a possible Division I and Division II poll months ago. WHAT IS YOUR PRESENT CHOICES- BASED ON DIVISION I AND DIVISION II, SEPARATED?

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited July 22, 2002).]

Old Green
07-22-2002, 04:38 PM
Old Card I'm sticking to my April predictions.

BellvilleDude
07-22-2002, 06:01 PM
Bellville kicks ass enough said, beat burnet two years in a row, i think we could do it again

Chris Hart
07-22-2002, 07:18 PM
Bellvilledude, Yall got lucky last year because of that infamous fumble call.That saved you guys and you know it.With all the size you guys had last year it was just simply amazing how Burnet manhandled you boys in the second half.I am wandering if you guys pulled some strings somehow to get out of Reg 4 Div 1, knowing that you would be facing Burnet again.I wish yall could somehow hold up your end of the bargain in getting to the semi-finals this year.I believe we have a very good shot at being there.I don't think the DAWGS would let it boil down to a late 4th Quarter game costing call this time around.But I don't think yall will get past the second round this year.Just be thankful yall got to enjoy our playoff run last year and good luck.

------------------
Big Green Dawg

Wildcat2004
07-22-2002, 08:32 PM
To Old Cardinal:
I agree wih you. Kennedale has alot of talent coming back. They did lose on the offensive line but they have already been replaced. They will be bigger than they were last year on the line. With (6'4 290 5.2) John Douty, (6'6 260 5.1) Josh Virnoich and (6'3 210 4.6) TE Landon Johnson. All the skill postions are back and with a new defensive coach the defense should be better. Most of the defense returns also.

Old Cardinal
07-22-2002, 08:56 PM
To Old Green: I looked back at your picks----they are well thought out, as we talked before maybe Newton should be in the Division II top group. To the fellow from Kennedale, everyone was agreeing for a while on Kennedale being quite stout; however, dreamers began to tout Lindale, Daingerfield , Atlanta and a few others....can't you see Kennedale working over Atlanta!

sinton66
07-23-2002, 01:12 PM
I'm sure Burnet will be strong this year, but they will definitely have their work cut out for them to win it all. Between Sinton, Jasper, and Everman, you have a combined offensive scoring machine that put up 1842 points last year. (Sinton-651,Everman-640,Jasper-551). Stop all three of them? Pretty unlikely. Stop all three of them in a row? Even less likely. Burnet's defense gave up 132 points last season. Even if they had everybody back, that's quite a gap to close.
Please don't think I'm ragging Burnet, I'm not, the logic just doesn't add up.

Chris Hart
07-23-2002, 10:11 PM
Sinton 66,
I agree that Burnet would have a tall task in beating Sinton,Jasper and Everman all three in a row.Them teams present enough of a tall task all by themselves.But that is also what they said back in 91 about a no-name Burnet team that knocked off #1 ranked Vernon,then #8 ranked Marble Falls and then #1 ranked Southlake Carroll three weeks in a row to reach the title game.It was definitely a tough task then.I just have a gut feeling about this year's team.I know it is nothing more than a feeling right now, but I'm just going to enjoy it while it lasts.

SintonFan
07-23-2002, 11:03 PM
Expectation is almost half the fun, huh?

sinton66
07-23-2002, 11:13 PM
I hear ya Chris!. I strongly believe anything can happen in H.S. football, so I know it's not impossible. I hope I'll be getting that same feeling about Sinton in a few weeks. Best of luck to you!

Ranger Mom
07-25-2002, 10:26 AM
Well.....my team is NEVER listed in these polls, but that's okay!! I am just ready for it all to start. The more I read and learn about all other 3A teams, the more excited I get about it. Keep the dialogue going. There are some teams mentioned on here that I have never heard of before. That's because I keep my head stuck in my region. When Greenwood's time is up, I have so many teams to watch and root for now, thanks to this website and all the posters!!

toby070
07-25-2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
I have received info that Luling and Wimberley although rebuilding to some extent are being over looked-can anyone answer this question?

Sorry Old Cardinal, I never saw this one. I don't know a lot about Luling other than they had a very good defense last year and a lot of that defense is back. I think they'll be good again.

Wimberley I can tell you more about though. They were wiped out by graduation, but do have some talent back. Hootie Churchman played some QB when they snuck Meeks out to WR, and he is going to be pretty good. He's VERY cool for a young kid, even threw a TD pass vs. LaGrange last year. They have two good o-linemen back, and I hear some decent size coming up, so he shouldn't get killed. Their HB, Fernandez, is little, but very fast (also a soph who saw some time last year on varsity). I'm not putting him in this class yet, but for build and running style he reminds me a lot of Nunez from Westlake...very small but hits full speed in one step. They have to find receivers. Their defense is going to have to step up, they have one player back, a very good linebacker, but I have no clue what they have at DB. I've also heard good things about Coach Nelms, but I think they'll miss their OC, Danny Bueno. He was very creative.

Wimberley might surprise some people, but they aren't likely to beat Bandera or Burnet, so they'll have to fight for the third spot.

BTW, I think Wimberley opens with Luling, if not it's their second game.

Old Cardinal
07-25-2002, 11:50 AM
Thanks Toby 07-Your analysis was similar to what I have heard, later after this post was made.

Alex Padgett
07-25-2002, 06:32 PM
Jasper is going to win state!!!!!!!!

------------------

Justaskme
07-27-2002, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Old Cardinal:
everyone was agreeing for a while on Kennedale being quite stout; however, dreamers began to tout Lindale, Daingerfield , Atlanta and a few others....can't you see Kennedale working over Atlanta![/B]

Kennedale has the best players they have ever had. Most speed, biggest line and seniors will have started now for three years. Region II will be their biggest challenge. Regular season will be a walk in the park. Might even sneak up on Everman. Go Wildcats.

Matthew328
07-27-2002, 01:28 AM
Kennedale is way too good to sneak up on anyone...LOL 12-2 last year..with that kinda record and the kids they have back they ain't sneakin up on no one!

Old Cardinal
07-27-2002, 06:25 PM
Matthew 328, It's getting scary-we are agreeing too much lately! I really thing that this 3A down low is a good composite of different thought patterns. It's interesting to watch the trends and watch how excited folks begin to get as the season gets closer.

Matthew328
07-27-2002, 10:47 PM
Yeah it is always nice to see all the optimism from people at the start of the year...I imagine there will be a few surprises but I think the top teams are a just a cut above the rest...(top teams being Jasper, Everman and Sinton) but then you got about 25 to 30 teams that are all very evenly matched and have equal chances of making it a long way...injuries, intangibles, etc is what is gonna take some of those teams and put them up with the top 3 and that is what could send some home early..it'll be a fun season for sure...

Old Cardinal
08-05-2002, 09:12 PM
Looks to me that Jasper, Sinton, Everman should be considered a 3-way tie for the top teams at this point in time. I was looking at the Alan Poll, looks like folks might just be swinging back to the predictions being made soon after the season finished last year.

[This message has been edited by Old Cardinal (edited August 05, 2002).]