PDA

View Full Version : Vernon vs Burk

Dominicfrank
10-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Should this be the Region 1 Game of the week ? I think sweetwater v Clyde is also worthy but Vernon/ Burk should be a great game and help shape the district. Is Vernon dueling with Graham or is a three team race?

RedWhiteBlue
10-17-2007, 10:08 AM
This will be a great game and if I wasn't going to watch a 2a game down south I would definitely be there.
I'm still saying Vernon...... they are always so stout.

Texasfootball2
10-17-2007, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Dominicfrank
Should this be the Region 1 Game of the week ? I think sweetwater v Clyde is also worthy but Vernon/ Burk should be a great game and help shape the district. Is Vernon dueling with Graham or is a three team race?

Both of these games Clyde/Sweetwater & Vernon/Burk are going to help shape both of these districts equally. I am a little surprised that this game has gotten a little more chatter this week.

I'll take Vernon in a close on even though it's at Burk?

tigerbyheart
10-17-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
Both of these games Clyde/Sweetwater & Vernon/Burk are going to help shape both of these districts equally. I am a little surprised that this game has gotten a little more chatter this week.

I'll take Vernon in a close on even though it's at Burk?

If Vernon doesn't have turnovers, I'll take Vernon...

Go Lions!!!!

KTA
10-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Burk in a close one, only because they are at home

Anybody else going to be at this game?

lakers
10-17-2007, 11:14 AM
I will pick Burk by 7...
I have seen both of these teams play and Burk seems to be the better team to me...

Texasfootball2
10-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by lakers
I will pick Burk by 7...
I have seen both of these teams play and Burk seems to be the better team to me...

I know you've seen both these team in person, but you saw a Vernon team that turn the ball over seven times. Even though some of that could be because of Clydes defense, the Vernon team you saw will not be the same Vernon team on this Friday.

I am impressed with the fact that Burk won at Clyde. Thats never an easy place to play even when Clyde had some mediocre teams. To beat them there this year says something for Burk, because Clyde is legit.

Dominicfrank
10-17-2007, 11:36 AM
you are correct about Vernon not being themselves against Clyde but Vernon needs to prove to everyone that was a fluke byu coming out ready to play. If Vernon has fixed whatever issues they had than I think Vernon wins by 14. If they play like they did against Clye then it will be close or even a loss. Vernon plays at Burk well. we have a good track record there.

Texasfootball2
10-17-2007, 12:08 PM
District games are always much more exciting and usually more competitive than non district games. There is so much at stake riding on every loss, that every play seems to be a nail biter, especially with these four and five team districts where the tie breakers almost always come into play. You just gotta love High School Football!

SpeedOption
10-17-2007, 12:29 PM
vernon in a close one

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-17-2007, 02:32 PM
I'll be at the game. Should be a good one.

KTA
10-17-2007, 05:35 PM
Yall wanna have a M&G?

V-Town_Paws
10-17-2007, 10:31 PM
I'll be there too. I try not to miss any of them. Gotta go with my lions on this one. Should be a good game.

Leopards,class of 75
10-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Vernon by 7

Dominicfrank
10-18-2007, 03:15 PM
7 at least

fury900
10-18-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Yall wanna have a M&G?

ok

KTA
10-18-2007, 10:31 PM
im serious, lets meet up at half time under the scoreboard

send me a pm and ill give yall my cell #

Dominicfrank
10-19-2007, 08:54 AM
I know you didnt ask me but I wouldnt want to meet you until after the Vernon GRaham game to hear your excuses for losing.

KTA
10-19-2007, 10:57 AM
that can be done, remember I sit on the visitors side

If anybody else wants to have a M&G, and not scared to show there face let me know and ill PM yall my cell

The Battle for 2nd place should be interesting:p

Z motion 10 out on 2
10-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by KTA
If anybody else wants to have a M&G, and not scared to show there face let me know and ill PM yall my cell

I'll be there @ half time. I'll try and bring VernonLions#1 with me. I'll also have my little Baby Lady Z motion Jr. -- Dang I have tons of kids!!!! (little Z's)