PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales/Palacios (merged)

gtown
10-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Friday is the big game. I'm sure both teams will be pumped up, Gonzales after their big win in Goliad, and Palacios will be out for revenge after losing to Cuero. I believe Apaches will take this one b/c of their ability to cover the running game lately. What do you think?

Old Green
10-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by gtown
Friday is the big game. I'm sure both teams will be pumped up, Gonzales after their big win in Goliad, and Palacios will be out for revenge after losing to Cuero. I believe Apaches will take this one b/c of their ability to cover the running game lately. What do you think? Gonzales will take Palacios, but they shouldn't play the Sharks for the run only. Cuero found out quick that they have aa effective passing game. Solis is the real deal. Runs with a lot of power and has good speed.

On defense they play the run pretty good,but kinda week in pass defense. Bird will have a field day. Good luck Apaches.;)

burnet44
10-17-2007, 08:44 AM
Mike and the Sharks win

gtown
10-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the info. Gonzales secondary is up for the task. Bird has already passed our leading passer from a few years back, Dane King. Bird is pretty awesome. I hope he has a good game. Apaches also have some pretty good backs that can run the ball and receivers help make Bird look awesome. Should be a good game.

Old Green
10-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
Mike and the Sharks win Your buddy Mike does have a few tricks up his sleve, but I don't think it will be enough.;)

Old Green
10-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Thanks for the info. Gonzales secondary is up for the task. Bird has already passed our leading passer from a few years back, Dane King. Bird is pretty awesome. I hope he has a good game. Apaches also have some pretty good backs that can run the ball and receivers help make Bird look awesome. Should be a good game. Bird is very good. Did a little write up about him on the home page . Check it out.

cjeffsjeep
10-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Sharks take the win

burnet44
10-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Old Green
Your buddy Mike does have a few tricks up his sleve, but I don't think it will be enough.;)

ask JT Mills and the Sealy Tigers lol
he bought the streak to an end
lol

underware
10-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Wow! I can say this will be a good game. I'm going to take Gonzales. The Sharks will keep it close.

gtown
10-17-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
ask JT Mills and the Sealy Tigers lol
he bought the streak to an end
lol

I need al little more info. Where did he work before bc I know the Sharks didn't play those teams?

44INAROW
10-17-2007, 11:48 AM
I need al little more info. Where did he work before bc I know the Sharks didn't play those teams?

without doing any research - I am thinking he was at Industrial when they beat Sealy.. I might totally wrong on this and if so - I am also sure someone will tell me :D

bd62
10-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Mike T. was at Industrial when they beat Sealy in 1st. round of playoffs in 1998. Sealy had won 4 state titles in a row before this lost. The Sealy players and fan took this lost with a lot of class by congrs. Industrial for a great game. I think they knew that they had done something very special by winning 4 state titles in a row and were going to handle it with great class when it ended.

burnet44
10-17-2007, 12:36 PM
that would be it

briefcase
10-17-2007, 12:37 PM
We were there Bd62. I remember Sealy was winning and some guy from Edna was hating on Industrial and you told him that Industrial would come back and win it and he just laughed and said you were crazy.

But then when it happened He said WOW you called it...

Bd62 and I have been to many great football play-off games over the years.

gtown
10-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks. I thought you were talking about recently and got really confused. I still say Apaches take this one.

mwynn05
10-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Friday is the big game. I'm sure both teams will be pumped up, Gonzales after their big win in Goliad, and Palacios will be out for revenge after losing to Cuero. I believe Apaches will take this one b/c of their ability to cover the running game lately. What do you think? i think you are lieing i think you are picking gonzales because you live there

cjeffsjeep
10-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Sharks in a big win sending Gonzo in to a nose dive and Cuero goes big school.

Sharks DII state champs ?????? could be something no one has even pondered. could it be the year of 2 Champs in district 29 hummmmmm well see how it unfolds stay tuned to find out

Corn Cob
10-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by cjeffsjeep
Sharks in a big win sending Gonzo in to a nose dive and Cuero goes big school.

Sharks DII state champs ?????? could be something no one has even pondered. could it be the year of 2 Champs in district 29 hummmmmm well see how it unfolds stay tuned to find out

You must have started drinking early today!

g$$
10-17-2007, 06:59 PM
Sorry I am late to the party, but what are the records of these 2 teams & district standings? Thanks.

Old Green
10-17-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Sorry I am late to the party, but what are the records of these 2 teams & district standings? Thanks. Gonzales 6-1, 1-0 in district
Palacios 5-2, 0-1 in district

g$$
10-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Thanks, much appreciated.

tigerpride_08
10-17-2007, 07:55 PM
i think the sharks take one step closer to playoffs with a win this week...

crabman
10-17-2007, 08:10 PM
I have not seen Gonzales play. Palacios is two linemen short of a team. Their guard and tackle on one side of the ball weigh about 160 lbs. If their big linemen are on the right, they run right. If they are on the left, they run left. Pretty easy to read.

I am an Aggie so I paid special attention to Aaron Buckley from Palacios. He is verbally committed to A&M. Dude is fast and can hit very hard. He had about a half dozen plays the other night against Cuero where I saw what A&M saw in him. He can flat blow people up. The problem I saw was coaching and technique. A lot of his movement was lateral so the runner did not encounter him until 4-5 yards past the line. Too late by then.

29-3aFAN
10-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Who wins? Should be a close matchup.

gtown
10-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by mwynn05
i think you are lieing i think you are picking gonzales because you live there

I do live in Gonzales but that is not why I'm picking them. Harris poll this week has Gonzales@31, Palacios@70. Also, Gonzales played some good solid teams in preseason and beat them Rockdale, Lockhart, Luling, La Vernia, La Grange. They did lose to Hutto but had a bad game and it was closer than you think. Apaches made a lot of mistakes and were not on their "A" game that night. R4 editor has also picked them to win. Maybe you could tell me something about the teams that Palacios has played so far? I don't know much about that and maybe they are better than I think. The fact that it is a home game for Gonzales and they are looking strong right now tells me that they will take it. That is just my take on the issue and I know it will be a good game.

Old Green
10-18-2007, 10:07 AM
I do live in Gonzales but that is not why I'm picking them. Harris poll this week has Gonzales@31, Palacios@70. Also, Gonzales played some good solid teams in preseason and beat them Rockdale, Lockhart, Luling, La Vernia, La Grange. They did lose to Hutto but had a bad game and it was closer than you think. Apaches made a lot of mistakes and were not on their "A" game that night. R4 editor has also picked them to win. Maybe you could tell me something about the teams that Palacios has played so far? I don't know much about that and maybe they are better than I think. The fact that it is a home game for Gonzales and they are looking strong right now tells me that they will take it. That is just my take on the issue and I know it will be a good game. Palacios played all 2A's except for Victoria St. Joseph. They lost their season opener to Edna 14-13.

gtown
10-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Were the 2a's any good?

Old Green
10-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Were the 2a's any good? Edna is. I believe they're undefeated.

44INAROW
10-18-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Old Green
Edna is. I believe they're undefeated.

now that's a statement you don't hear everyday :D

g$$
10-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by crabman
I have not seen Gonzales play. Palacios is two linemen short of a team. Their guard and tackle on one side of the ball weigh about 160 lbs. If their big linemen are on the right, they run right. If they are on the left, they run left. Pretty easy to read.

I am an Aggie so I paid special attention to Aaron Buckley from Palacios. He is verbally committed to A&M. Dude is fast and can hit very hard. He had about a half dozen plays the other night against Cuero where I saw what A&M saw in him. He can flat blow people up. The problem I saw was coaching and technique. A lot of his movement was lateral so the runner did not encounter him until 4-5 yards past the line. Too late by then.

I'm an Aggie too. If that's the case, technique can be coached & improved, but athleticism & natural ability are God-given. With changes coming, hopefully he can become the player his ability says he can be in the future.

29-3aFAN
10-18-2007, 07:03 PM
32-28 Gonzales

JT44
10-18-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm pulling for Palacios, if they can grind it out and keep gonzales offense off the field they have a chance.

solis is no joke, he will break if he gets past the lb's

gobbler grad
10-18-2007, 07:53 PM
wonder what kind of defense them apaches run...if they can stop Solis, then they win big like the Gobblers...if not , could be close...i'm going with the Apaches by 14

JT44
10-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Buckley is good, he did penetrate through the gaps and caught our rb's a few times, he was all over the place.

I think the Sharks will take this, Everyone except Yoakum will put more than 50 on the board against goliad so last weeks game can be disregarded.

Gonzales will be too big headed like they usually are and come up short this week

cjeffsjeep
10-19-2007, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Corn Cob
You must have started drinking early today!

no i looked at the stars and that is what they told me

cjeffsjeep
10-19-2007, 09:06 AM
Sharks in a big win Sharks by 9

gtown
10-21-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by JT44
Buckley is good, he did penetrate through the gaps and caught our rb's a few times, he was all over the place.

I think the Sharks will take this, Everyone except Yoakum will put more than 50 on the board against goliad so last weeks game can be disregarded.

Gonzales will be too big headed like they usually are and come up short this week

I guess your prediction was wrong! It was a good game and the Apaches had their heads in the right place.