PDA

View Full Version : Chupacabra Vs El Cu Cuy

TheDOCTORdre
10-17-2007, 07:10 AM
because of our newest member El CuCUy.... I'm going to go hide now

This is fine for a joke folks, but I've merged three threads so far. Let's not spread it all over the board. ~sinton66

luvhoops34
10-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Why:confused:

DU_stud04
10-17-2007, 07:15 AM
oooooooiiii cucuy!!!!!

:hides:

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Why:confused:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

The cucuy or el cucuy is the boogeyman of Latin American cultures. He is a frightening character believed in by some children and even by some adults. He has no specific appearance, but rather is the subject of an irrational fear.
Like the bogeyman, he may hide in a closet or under the bed, or he may come out of the dark to terrorize a child. His name may be whispered to a child by parents to frighten the child into staying close by and behaving well. “Portate bien o te lleva el cucuy,” a parent may say. “Behave, or the cucuy will get you.” Social sciences professor Manuel Medrano said that according to popular legend, cucuy is a small humanoid with glowing red eyes that hides in closets or under the bed.

Old Tiger
10-17-2007, 07:18 AM
I'm not Mexican and I'm going into hiding also.

DDBooger
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

The cucuy or el cucuy is the boogeyman of Latin American cultures. He is a frightening character believed in by some children and even by some adults. He has no specific appearance, but rather is the subject of an irrational fear.
Like the bogeyman, he may hide in a closet or under the bed, or he may come out of the dark to terrorize a child. His name may be whispered to a child by parents to frighten the child into staying close by and behaving well. “Portate bien o te lleva el cucuy,” a parent may say. “Behave, or the cucuy will get you.” Social sciences professor Manuel Medrano said that according to popular legend, cucuy is a small humanoid with glowing red eyes that hides in closets or under the bed. http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/nomot/cucuy2.gif

luvhoops34

Like the bogeyman, he may hide in a closet or under the bed, or he may come out of the dark to terrorize a child. His name may be whispered to a child by parents to frighten the child into staying close by and behaving well. “Portate bien o te lleva el cucuy,” a parent may say. “Behave, or the cucuy will get you.” Social sciences professor Manuel Medrano said that according to popular legend, cucuy is a small humanoid with glowing red eyes that hides in closets or under the bed.

Kinda like the chupacabra? :D

TheDOCTORdre
10-17-2007, 07:21 AM
His name may be whispered to a child by parents to frighten the child into staying close by and behaving well. “Portate bien o te lleva el cucuy,” a parent may say. “Behave, or the cucuy will get you.”

I remember when my mom used to tell me that. My brother tells his daughter this now too

DU_stud04
10-17-2007, 07:22 AM
which one are you scared of most?

TheDOCTORdre
10-17-2007, 07:23 AM
what about la llorona?

DU_stud04
10-17-2007, 07:24 AM
mods.... add la llorona....my bad, how could i forget???!!?!!?!

Old Tiger
10-17-2007, 07:27 AM
add option "all of them"

DU_stud04
10-17-2007, 07:28 AM

cucuy still has my vote.... im going back into hiding :helpme:

rundoe
10-17-2007, 07:37 AM

He's REAL!!!!!!I have seen him!!!!!!! :evilgrin:

rundoe
10-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Kinda like the chupacabra? :D

NO, Different, the chupacabra is not humanoid.

Old Tiger
10-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
He's REAL!!!!!!I have seen him!!!!!!! :evilgrin: lies....cause if you did you wouldn't be here!:devil: :evil: :evillol:

rundoe
10-17-2007, 07:43 AM
No becaus I know how to peotect myself.

You take a raw egg (still in the shell) and rub it over your head, before you go to bed. Or better yet have your Mom do it.

Then break the egg and flush it, neither of these terrible demons can get you. Has worked for me. :)

redant1
10-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
because of our newest member El CuCUy.... I'm going to go hide now

Haha, I remember that growing up. I refuse to use that with my children. Unfortunately, they were introduced to the idea while staying with some relative. :(

STANG RED
10-17-2007, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I'm not Mexican and I'm going into hiding also.

I'm not Mexican either, but very dark complected and am often mistaken for one. I wonder if this cucuy knows the difference? Now I'm getting a little afraid.:helpme:

Old Tiger
10-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I'm not Mexican either, but very dark complected and am often mistaken for one. I wonder if this cucuy knows the difference? Now I'm getting a little afraid.:helpme: We should all be afriad!

El CuCUy
10-17-2007, 07:50 AM
boo!

Old Tiger
10-17-2007, 07:54 AM
http://ccinsider.comedycentral.com/photos/uncategorized/peed20pants.jpg

rundoe
10-17-2007, 07:55 AM
If you use the egg, theres nothing to worry about, the down side is that the egg will not protect you from the scariest member of our board BILLYFREEDOOOO!!!!!!

Wait no, its LHPM, NO wait its......., heck now ya'll got me scared.

Will have to consult my Mexican DR.

DU_stud04
10-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by rundoe

Will have to consult my Mexican DR.

you mean your abuelita???

rundoe
10-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Welcome to our board !!!!! :)

rundoe
10-17-2007, 07:57 AM

LOL

rundoe
10-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
you mean your abuelita???

Her too!!!! But she charges too much!!

Old Green
10-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Candy Man

Haunts the projects of large cities

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 08:23 AM
Sheesh - you and your pictures of yourself. :p

Old Tiger
10-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Sheesh - you and your pictures of yourself. :p Hey that was taken years ago when i was 17! :mad:

piratebg
10-17-2007, 08:27 AM
The cucuy was the most feared in my house as a kid. And now, he scares my children. :devil:

Ranger Mom
10-17-2007, 08:55 AM
Besides the chupacabra, which I learned about on THIS board just a couple of months back, I have never heard of any of those!!

Whatever happened to the "boogey man"?

sinton66
10-17-2007, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Besides the chupacabra, which I learned about on THIS board just a couple of months back, I have never heard of any of those!!

Whatever happened to the "boogey man"?

Apparently he's been "outsourced" to Mexico.;)

Ranger Mom
10-17-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by sinton66

ROFL....:clap: :clap:

That just gave me my first laugh of the day!!

pirate4state
10-17-2007, 09:07 AM
there is nothing to fear from "el cucuy" he is just a big softie!! :devil:

:splash:

Fal44
10-17-2007, 09:27 AM

lol :clap: :D :clap:

rundoe
10-17-2007, 09:35 AM
add option "all of them"

None of them, cause i am protected

El CuCUy
10-17-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm scared of la llorona. I think its the crying that gets to me.

DU_stud04
10-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
no, we have our own "boogy man".........much more scary:eek: :eek: :eek:

El CuCUy
10-17-2007, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
there is nothing to fear from "el cucuy" he is just a big softie!! :devil:

:splash: :whispers: (I think Pirate4State is la llorona. Inside source, don't tell her I told you all though)

CHSfan
10-17-2007, 05:11 PM
speaking of chupacabras today at school it was chupacabra day!! lol gay i kno! it is spirit week because of homecoming and of course one of the days has to be chupacabra day!! pretty wild

carter08
10-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Me and my friends go Chupacabra hunting.

TheDOCTORdre
10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
I heard el cu cuy, la chupacabra y la llorana are car pooling together

El CuCUy
10-17-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
I heard el cu cuy, la chupacabra y la llorana are car pooling together Don't tell anyone else, we were seen after picking up la llorona down south texas, they say they saw my buddy la chupacabra, but we ate all of the real witnesses.