PDA

View Full Version : College Football and NCAA

Old Tiger
10-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Should do a better job protecting QB's and prevent shots like the one English put on McCoy and Miller put on Harrell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9byZiJj4Vxw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hvvpv_xJBmY

Both of those should have been 15 yard penalties and could have been career ending shots. I think they need to use the NFL's rule book with QB's in college.

3afan
10-17-2007, 07:06 AM
both should have been penalties IMO

VAMike ?????

VAMike
10-17-2007, 09:16 AM
The hit in McCoy seems clearly a foul. Only excuse I can think of is the R himself had not heard a whistle so was giving the defender the benefit of the doubt.

The 2d one is not as clearcut (same R by the way). I know that sometimes things at game speed on the field do not look near as bad as they do when slowed down on video. Not excusing the missed call if it was missed, just trying to explain possibly. The supervisor/observers for the Big XII will not cut slack and if they view it as a foul he will be marked down for not flagging.

KTJ
10-17-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by VAMike
The hit in McCoy seems clearly a foul. Only excuse I can think of is the R himself had not heard a whistle so was giving the defender the benefit of the doubt.

The 2d one is not as clearcut (same R by the way). I know that sometimes things at game speed on the field do not look near as bad as they do when slowed down on video. Not excusing the missed call if it was missed, just trying to explain possibly. The supervisor/observers for the Big XII will not cut slack and if they view it as a foul he will be marked down for not flagging.

The hit on McCoy was a foul as per the Big 12 office. They now use that tape for "learning purposes" for Big 12 officials.

Obviously, they didn't learn very much.

VAMike
10-17-2007, 10:48 AM
I doubt this hit on McCoy was on the training tape as it just happened this year. I have no doubt the A & M late hit on McCoy last year would be on such a tape.

KTJ
10-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
The hit on McCoy was a foul as per the Big 12 office. They now use that tape for "learning purposes" for Big 12 officials.

Obviously, they didn't learn very much.

I didn't look at the YouTube clips. I saw "McCoy" and just assumed you were speaking of last years Texas/Texas A&M game.

lakers
10-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Geez that hit on McCoy was definitely way after the play, I am glad they threw the a&m guy out of the game...