PDA

View Full Version : Clyde fan still hurt

wildstangs
10-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Someone from Clyde wrote a letter to the editor of the Abilene Reporter News about the officials helping Wylie. Its already up on the online edition - Will be in print edition tomorrow.

Ranger Mom
10-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Someone from Clyde wrote a letter to the editor of the Abilene Reporter News about the officials helping Wylie. Its already up on the online edition - Will be in print edition tomorrow.

Is there a link or is it a subscription site?

wildstangs
10-16-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Is there a link or is it a subscription site?

You do have to subscribe to read the paper. Thats why I didn't copy and paste the article. Is it ok for me to copy and paste if I include the link?

KTA
10-16-2007, 11:30 PM
yeah, go ahead...I would :D

If not could you send me a PM of it?

wildstangs
10-16-2007, 11:32 PM
I will post it - if it shouldn't be posted, I apologize and it wont hurt my feelings by removing it.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2007/oct/16/bias-on-the-high-school-football-field/

Bias on the high school football field
Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I have heard for years that officials lean one way or another during games, but I couldn't believe it until last Friday night.

I had just arrived home from watching a very emotional Clyde vs. Wylie game to watch highlights of the game on KTXS Football Friday Night. To my dismay, Wylie's first touchdown was handed to them by an official. KTXS' footage was awesome.

The running back was stripped of the ball before he reached the end zone. The ball was in the hands of a Clyde player with a Wylie player on top of him on the 1/2 yard line -- then the official signals touchdown. The ball never even made it to the end zone.

I would be ashamed if I was this official. He was right on top of the play. No accident here.

Clyde has an awesome team, and I am biased. However, they should have came away with the victory Friday night. Wylie is awesome in their own league-- that's right. It is obvious their school is twice as big and so is the football team.

I have the utmost respect for Coach Hugh Sandifer and his coaching. He is an all-time great coach, and the boys standing for Clyde's school song was a sign of his respect for others. Thanks, Coach, for a great game. I am sorry it came down to an official's bad call, though. It only hurts the boys; no one else.

Jamie Gray

Clyde

KTA
10-16-2007, 11:36 PM
wow, horrible call if this is true

Not to try to "Bash" the officials, or anybody who knows people out of that chapter, but ive never liked having that chapter ref a game....just my opinion

Side note, the McMurry coachs that did the Graham/Monahans game did a GREAT job.

JR2004
10-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Well didn't really sound like whining from that fan. If there's some conclusive video evidence that they screwed up badly then I'd say the officials are at fault. Anyone else see the play in question in person or on that highlight show?

lakers
10-16-2007, 11:46 PM
The play that she is talking about is in this video (http://reporternews.com/gfn/videos/ktxs/)
Click on the Clyde vs. Abilene Wylie link..

burnet44
10-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by KTA

Side note, the McMurry coachs that did the Graham/Monahans game did a GREAT job.

gotta love my MCM boys huh Chop
ol Beaudreaux bet he didnt do it lol

KTA
10-16-2007, 11:48 PM
WOW, that wasnt a TD:eek:

Pause the video right at the 21 sec mark

wildstangs
10-16-2007, 11:49 PM
I honestly can't tell what happened in that video clip. We see the guy running into the endzone, next thing you know a Clyde player has the ball on the ground. Did the Wylie guy next to him get the ball to the endzone first, or did the original player make it to the endzone before being stripped? One thing I did notice is that the Clyde players standing around didn't argue with the ref when he signaled TD.

JR2004
10-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by lakers
The play that she is talking about is in this video (http://reporternews.com/gfn/videos/ktxs/)
Click on the Clyde vs. Abilene Wylie link..

Oh boy...Looks to me like the official completely blew that one. Good grief he was right on top of it. That's pretty bad right there.

pirate4state
10-16-2007, 11:51 PM
You do have to subscribe to read the paper. Thats why I didn't copy and paste the article. Is it ok for me to copy and paste if I include the link? Yes, make sure to include the link in your post above.

block&tackle
10-16-2007, 11:53 PM
I hate when people whine about officiating......but that obviously wasn't a touchdown.:eek:

wildstangs
10-16-2007, 11:54 PM
After looking at the video some more, I think the official believed that the Wylie RB crossed the goalline before being stripped, which he obviously didn't do.

After the Clyde kid stripped the ball neither was even CLOSE to the endzone.

lakers
10-16-2007, 11:55 PM
Here is the article posted on reporternews.com (http://www.reporternews.com/news/2007/oct/16/bias-on-the-high-school-football-field/)

wildstangs
10-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by block&tackle
I hate when people whine about officiating......but that obviously wasn't a touchdown.:eek:

Me too, bad call or not, it happens to everyone. Can one play cost a team a game? Maybe, but most likely no! Who is to say that Clyde wouldn't have fumbled the ball on the next play and Wylie recovered for a TD.

KTA
10-17-2007, 12:02 AM
one play can change a game, I disagree with you on that

Momentum

Whos to say Clyde would of ran for a 99 yard TD?

lakers
10-17-2007, 12:04 AM
Me too, bad call or not, it happens to everyone. Can one play cost a team a game? Maybe, but most likely no! Who is to say that Clyde wouldn't have fumbled the ball on the next play and Wylie recovered for a TD.
I thought it was an awful call, but oh well, the refs cant always get it right...Just gotta live with it and except it...
I have and u can't blame the outcome on one play, there are what about 150 play in a game and if u wanted to u could nit-pick the refs to death on each play...

mustang04
10-17-2007, 12:29 AM
the thing is you never know....the only way that play for sure could have affected the outcome of the game would be if it was the VERY last play...what if clyde got the ball there on the 1/2 yard line...then the wylie D force a safety then get the ball back and march down and score again....just cuz wylie scored off that bad call doesnt mean that play was the deciding factor

BILLYFRED0000
10-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Not a td for sure. Clyde looked pretty tough to me.....

rundoe
10-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by KTA
WOW, that wasnt a TD:eek:

Pause the video right at the 21 sec mark

ripped off, no TD

rundoe
10-17-2007, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
ripped off, no TD and it WAS pretty blatent

BILLYFRED0000
10-17-2007, 12:48 AM
btw nice link. I have not gotten to see much reg 1 and I come from Bronte. Nice to see a little footage.

Tromboneking
10-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Not complaining...Clyde is a good football team...but there was a letter written to the Wichita Falls paper from the Graham game. It basically accused the BAND of being unsportsmanlike for playing when Clyde had the ball.

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Tromboneking
It basically accused the BAND of being unsportsmanlike for playing when Clyde had the ball.
:doh: :doh: Waaaaaaah - poor band. I always thought that's one thing the band was for. :confused:

3afan
10-17-2007, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Tromboneking
the BAND of being unsportsmanlike for playing when Clyde had the ball.

thats their J-O-B !!!!!!

Gsquared
10-17-2007, 07:59 AM
can you spot the name dropper in this thread? :nerd:

STANG RED
10-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well didn't really sound like whining from that fan. If there's some conclusive video evidence that they screwed up badly then I'd say the officials are at fault. Anyone else see the play in question in person or on that highlight show?

I was there and only a few yards from where it happened. It certainly didnt look like a TD to me at the time, but I wasnt right in line with the gole line either, so I had to assume the official who was right on top of it made the right call. But I was certainly questioning it at the time alright.
What I cant remember is what down it was at the time. But it seems like it was 4th down.

Texasfootball2
10-17-2007, 08:33 AM
When the play happened at the game, there was noway that anyone in the stands could tell whether the ball crossed the goalline or not. But when the ref. signal TD there were two or three Clyde players over there close by an not one of them argued the call, so it must have been to close to call. If there hadn't been a TV camera write on the goalline video it I doubt that anyone would have ever said a word about it. The call only became a big deal after KTXS showed it on there highlight show at 11:00. And you still had to have a DVR that goes frame to frame to make a correct call. Was it a bad call, sure it was, but the ref didn't have the luxury of replay. If it had been an obvious bad call then the Clyde players and Coaches would have gone crazy at the time, and other than the Kid from Clyde who ended up with the ball shruging his shoulders a little at the ref, nobody else said anything. If the TV camera man had been standing behind the endzone we wouldn't even be having this discussion. If your going to cry about one judgement call costing you the game, maybe we should DVR Kevil's TD run in overtime because his knee could have very well touched down on the two yardline before the ball crossed the endzone, but there is not a camera man standing on the goalline giving us a perfect view so it's not even an issue. If you look at the game stats, the penalties were not one sided. They call it both ways all night. You make it sound like the refs just hosed Clyde and that is not the case.

That was a great high school football game and I know the Clyde fans are dissappointed that they didn't win a game that they had in their grasp. Coach Slaughter has done a great job and Clyde has another huge game this week. He is trying his best to get his team focus on Sweetwater and it is a huge distraction to the kids and coaches, when all they hear is how they got cheated.

I became a Clyde fan the other night, and I hope they make a good playoff run, but do your kids and coaches a favor and move on.

Texasfootball2
10-17-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I was there and only a few yards from where it happened. It certainly didnt look like a TD to me at the time, but I wasnt right in line with the gole line either, so I had to assume the official who was right on top of it made the right call. But I was certainly questioning it at the time alright.
What I cant remember is what down it was at the time. But it seems like it was 4th down.

It was actually a 1st down play but thats irrelavent because a Clyde player recovered the ball on the two yardline.

STANG RED
10-17-2007, 08:57 AM
I have to disagee. I was standing by the chain link fence right next to the steps going up into the stands, so I very close to the play. And I certainly saw 5 or 6 of the Clyde boys questioning the officials, but to their credit they didnt push it so far as to get a penalty. But there were several of them obviously very upset at the call. Also, I happen to be standing next to two Wylie dads, and they to did not think it looked like a TD. But again, we were not directly in line with the goal line, and the official was right on top of the play, so we had to assume he got it right.

Originally posted by Texasfootball2
When the play happened at the game, there was noway that anyone in the stands could tell whether the ball crossed the goalline or not. But when the ref. signal TD there were two or three Clyde players over there close by an not one of them argued the call, so it must have been to close to call. If there hadn't been a TV camera write on the goalline video it I doubt that anyone would have ever said a word about it. The call only became a big deal after KTXS showed it on there highlight show at 11:00. And you still had to have a DVR that goes frame to frame to make a correct call. Was it a bad call, sure it was, but the ref didn't have the luxury of replay. If it had been an obvious bad call then the Clyde players and Coaches would have gone crazy at the time, and other than the Kid from Clyde who ended up with the ball shruging his shoulders a little at the ref, nobody else said anything. If the TV camera man had been standing behind the endzone we wouldn't even be having this discussion. If your going to cry about one judgement call costing you the game, maybe we should DVR Kevil's TD run in overtime because his knee could have very well touched down on the two yardline before the ball crossed the endzone, but there is not a camera man standing on the goalline giving us a perfect view so it's not even an issue. If you look at the game stats, the penalties were not one sided. They call it both ways all night. You make it sound like the refs just hosed Clyde and that is not the case.

That was a great high school football game and I know the Clyde fans are dissappointed that they didn't win a game that they had in their grasp. Coach Slaughter has done a great job and Clyde has another huge game this week. He is trying his best to get his team focus on Sweetwater and it is a huge distraction to the kids and coaches, when all they hear is how they got cheated.

I became a Clyde fan the other night, and I hope they make a good playoff run, but do your kids and coaches a favor and move on.

lakers
10-17-2007, 11:44 AM

there ya go, I am over it...

I thought it was an awful call, but oh well, the refs cant always get it right...Just gotta live with it and except it... :D

Texasfootball2
10-17-2007, 12:01 PM
there ya go, I am over it...
:D

I really am pulling for the Clyde Bulldogs to make a playoff run this year Lakers. Coach Slaughter and the players made a fan out of me Friday. I made it a point to find Coach Slaughter after the game to shake his hand and wish him luck. I was also impressed with the way your kids handled themselves after the game. This doesn't mean that I'm pulling for either team this Friday because I think both of them will make the playoffs and I am always for representatives from our district in the playoffs but I will routing a little extra for Clyde in November. Good Luck!!

scott Wilson
10-17-2007, 12:12 PM
NO WAY did that ref believe that was a TD. He waited WAAAAAY too long to signal the call. The runner was looking back for the ball before the ref signalled. The kids were on the 1 yd line scrambling for it as he watched. I usually defend the refs to the end, but that their looks shady at best.

SpeedOption
10-17-2007, 12:28 PM
clyde got shafted

CenTexSports
10-17-2007, 01:40 PM
First, the video does not show a goal line view.

Second, the ball does not have to ever get into the end zone. All that has to happen is for the tip of the ball to get over the goal line. So if any part of the ball broke the plane of the goal line it was a touchdown.

Third, the official was where he was supposed to be and he made the call based on what he saw.

Fourth, if the fan believes he or she can do better then they should sign up and put on the funny little britches and striped shirt and get his butt on the field.

sweetwater07
10-17-2007, 01:52 PM
who cares....Clyde lost the game and should be thinking about this Friday night instead dwelling on the past.

TinyTim
10-17-2007, 03:17 PM
These refs have been blowing calls all year long and if truth be known these young inexperienced refs will error in favor of the more intimidating coaches like Hugh. Cause he yells and screams at them every game winning or losing.

Look and the pictures on wyliesports.com if you don't believe me.

lakers
10-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
First, the video does not show a goal line view.

Second, the ball does not have to ever get into the end zone. All that has to happen is for the tip of the ball to get over the goal line. So if any part of the ball broke the plane of the goal line it was a touchdown.

Third, the official was where he was supposed to be and he made the call based on what he saw.

Fourth, if the fan believes he or she can do better then they should sign up and put on the funny little britches and striped shirt and get his butt on the field.

1st, the view was with in a couple feet of the goal line, it was pretty darn close...

2nd, it is pretty clear that the ball never reached the end zone...

3rd, it took him way too long to make up his mind...

4th, it was posted on the opinion page of the paper, u can say what ever u want, 1st ammendment right, freedom of religion,speech, petition, press, and assembly...

so ur just gonna condradict what everybody else has been sayin in this post huh... It's ur 1st ammendment right u can say what u want...

wildstangs
10-17-2007, 04:16 PM
You guys should see what that letter to the editor turned into over on the Reporter News online edition. Huge p*ssing match.

Sweetwater Red
10-17-2007, 04:19 PM
You guys should see what that letter to the editor turned into over on the Reporter News online edition. Huge p*ssing match.

And here you go.

http://reporternews.com/news/2007/oct/16/bias-on-the-high-school-football-field/

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
And here you go.

http://reporternews.com/news/2007/oct/16/bias-on-the-high-school-football-field/
Gracious! I almost feel like a Snyder/Sweetwater DL thread is happening. ;)

Sweetwater Red
10-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

But did you notice the only one making sense was from
Sweetwater?:thinking: :D

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Hmmmmm.....I must not have gotten that far, yet. :devil: ;)

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-17-2007, 04:46 PM
I believe that Ab Wylie didn't make that TD, and thats ref. should be suspended or something. If it wasnt a district game, It wouldnt of been that big of a deal.

wildstangs
10-17-2007, 05:09 PM

Hmmm...and I wonder who that sense-making Sweetwater person could be? ;)

Sweetwater Red
10-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Hmmm...and I wonder who that sense-making Sweetwater person could be? ;)

Yep, that's what I thought! Go get'em wildstangs.:D :clap:

sweetwater07
10-17-2007, 06:45 PM

haha no joke. some of those comments are terrible

zebrablue2
10-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by SNYDER325TIGERS
I believe that Ab Wylie didn't make that TD, and thats ref. should be suspended or something. If it wasnt a district game, It wouldnt of been that big of a deal.

you could suspend him, but you may only have 4 officials calling your next game. ten years down the road, the coaches, or maybe the fans will be allowed to call. there is a major shortage of officials. his mechanics were good, he was right on top of the play. the camera is not looking down the line.

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
haha no joke. some of those comments are terrible
I was almost expecting to see "You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny". :D

GetRDoneStangs
10-17-2007, 07:57 PM
KTXS the ABC affiliate (channel 12) from Abilene will be focusing on this evnt at the 10 pm news.....The sports directors mentioned a whole lot of what has been posted here...

details at 10....

I will be in bed by then...so sorry...it is tough when ya get up at 5 am!!!:eek: :eek:

Ranger Mom
10-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Just read all the comments....they are ALMOST as good as we are about pirating threads.....almost, but not quite!!!:D

95% of those comments had nothing to do with the original letter!

lakers
10-17-2007, 08:50 PM
GEEZ WE HAVE CREATED A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe the sports director is gonna mention 3adownlow,
that will probably be a first...

STANG RED
10-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by GetRDoneStangs
KTXS the ABC affiliate (channel 12) from Abilene will be focusing on this evnt at the 10 pm news.....The sports directors mentioned a whole lot of what has been posted here...

details at 10....

I will be in bed by then...so sorry...it is tough when ya get up at 5 am!!!:eek: :eek:

Weenie!!!!!!!! I get up at 5, but dont usually go to bed till 12.:D

STANG RED
10-17-2007, 08:57 PM

Aw come on now. Even we dont get that bad, and most of ours is just all fun and games.
A couple of those people would be ROM from here quickly I bet.

GetRDoneStangs
10-17-2007, 08:59 PM
Weenie!!!!!!!! I get up at 5, but dont usually go to bed till 12.:D

NC...I guess some of us know when it is time to turn it in!!!!:D :D

DaHop72
10-17-2007, 09:00 PM
NC...I guess some of us know when it is time to turn it in!!!!:D :D Maybe he's just getting old right Stang Red.:devil: :devil:

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
you could suspend him, but you may only have 4 officials calling your next game. ten years down the road, the coaches, or maybe the fans will be allowed to call. there is a major shortage of officials. his mechanics were good, he was right on top of the play. the camera is not looking down the line.

Yeah, that's true so just move on and win.

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 09:08 PM
GEEZ WE HAVE CREATED A MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe the sports director is gonna mention 3adownlow,
that will probably be a first...
The sports director of what? Why are they going to mention us?????

STANG RED
10-17-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Maybe he's just getting old right Stang Red.:devil: :devil:

Right on Hop! Tha boy just cant run with tha big dawgs anymore I guess.:p
You and TB coming to the game Hops?

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:11 PM

STANG RED
10-17-2007, 09:12 PM

KTXS channel 12 Abilene. Because of this thread. I'm gonna watch.

DaHop72
10-17-2007, 09:13 PM
You and TB coming to the game Hops? I have to talk to him and see what his plans are. Me and Lil Hop talked about it tonight and we are a go.:thumbsup:

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:13 PM
good then u can tell us what they have to say about it, I dont get ktxs here is LBK..

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 09:14 PM
Ooooooh, we're going to be celebrities. :D They should put it online, too, so we can watch.

GetRDoneStangs
You and TB coming to the game Hops?

:( :(

:eek: :eek:

:D :D

:clap: :clap:

:thinking:

Chopblock
Originally posted by burnet44
gotta love my MCM boys huh Chop
ol Beaudreaux bet he didnt do it lol

Ol Beaudreaux can officiate football, leaned how not to throw a flag from me
he asked me one afternoon if i had brought a flag with me, i told him i did but didn't want to get it dirty

Snydertigersrul
10-17-2007, 09:16 PM

details at 10....

I will tape it and get it to you so you can watch if you like.

DaHop72
10-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Someone tape it and put in on youtube with a link.

Chopblock
10-17-2007, 09:17 PM
its called being human

we all have made mistakes, or blown call as officials

i had to tell a young official the other night after he had a inadvertant whistle, that if an official says he never had one, he is a liar I have five in 20 years

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
I wanna watch it too....:(

JR2004
10-17-2007, 09:20 PM

I'm interested to see this. As another poster said get this up on Youtube. That call was just completely awful. I get to see ridiculous officiating on a weekly basis with the DFW chapter, but I haven't seen them make a call that bad.

STANG RED
10-17-2007, 09:20 PM
I have to talk to him and see what his plans are. Me and Lil Hop talked about it tonight and we are a go.:thumbsup:

Great! gimme a shout. I'll just stay over after work and head that way. The little wifey is stayin home anyway. She cant run with big dawgs either. She's a weenie like Ted. :D

Snydertigersrul
10-17-2007, 09:21 PM
I read all of the comments on the Abilene paper's site and thought for a minute it was a Snyder vs. Sweetwater thread. It does appear that the Wylie player didn't reach the end zone with the ball, but sometimes when they do reviews in the college game and NFL, they show plays from several angles and one angle sometimes don't give you the true picture. MIssed calls in high school is part of the game. But I know that the Clyde fans will always think that they were robbed.

lakers
10-17-2007, 09:23 PM
I read all of the comments on the Abilene paper's site and thought for a minute it was a Snyder vs. Sweetwater thread. It does appear that the Wylie player didn't reach the end zone with the ball, but sometimes when they do reviews in the college game and NFL, they show plays from several angles and one angle sometimes don't give you the true picture. MIssed calls in high school is part of the game. But I know that the Clyde fans will always think that they were robbed.
I think that is getting blown way out of proportion!!!
When grandmas r gettin involved, then u know something is up...:dispntd:

DaHop72
10-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Great! gimme a shout. I'll just stay over after work and head that way. The little wifey is stayin home anyway. She cant run with big dawgs either. She's a weenie like Ted. :D http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us)http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/377/hystericalmn4.gif (http://imageshack.us) We might just come through and pick you up.

wtxfootball08
10-18-2007, 11:12 AM
I disagree with you on the kevil run just because i have seen the film on the td run, and becuase i was right beside him... But you are right about the fumble call. All of the players and coaches have moved on and i think the fans (majority have too) we have a Large task at hand and we are on to this week

Butkus
10-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by wtxfootball08
I disagree with you on the kevil run just because i have seen the film on the td run, and becuase i was right beside him. Beside him gee old son were ya blockin fur him. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Texasfootball2
10-18-2007, 11:29 AM
I disagree with you on the kevil run just because i have seen the film on the td run, and becuase i was right beside him... But you are right about the fumble call. All of the players and coaches have moved on and i think the fans (majority have too) we have a Large task at hand and we are on to this week

I also saw the film, but it was the game film shot from the top of the pressbox, not a good angle. The only reason I even brought it up was because from that angle it could be argued that he was down, but there is no way of knowing for sure. BUT, had there been a camera right on the goalline (which was the same goalline by the way) with a close up of it, who knows this play could have created the same amount of controversy.

I said this the other day on one of these threads. I became a Clyde fan the other night and I hope they have a great run in November. Regardless of who wins this game friday I think our district will be well represented in the playoffs this year.

whtfbplaya
10-18-2007, 11:30 AM
If I was guessing, which is bad, but...
I think that the official had an iw, thinking that the guy still had the ball at first.
Then when he realized what happened he figured he could bail himself out with the touchdown call.
They would have got the ball back for the iw anyway, he was in a bad situation.

Texasfootball2
10-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by whtfbplaya
If I was guessing, which is bad, but...
I think that the official had an iw, thinking that the guy still had the ball at first.
Then when he realized what happened he figured he could bail himself out with the touchdown call.
They would have got the ball back for the iw anyway, he was in a bad situation.

Help me out, whats iw

lakers
10-18-2007, 01:54 PM
I also saw the film, but it was the game film shot from the top of the pressbox, not a good angle. The only reason I even brought it up was because from that angle it could be argued that he was down, but there is no way of knowing for sure. BUT, had there been a camera right on the goalline (which was the same goalline by the way) with a close up of it, who knows this play could have created the same amount of controversy.

I said this the other day on one of these threads. I became a Clyde fan the other night and I hope they have a great run in November. Regardless of who wins this game friday I think our district will be well represented in the playoffs this year.

Same here, when playoffs roll around I will always root for the reps from our district...

Sweetwater Red
10-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Same here, when playoffs roll around I will always root for the reps from our district...

:clap: :clap: :clap:

+1...:D

wtxfootball08
10-18-2007, 10:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beside him gee old son were ya blockin fur him.

yeah actually i was...

lakers
10-18-2007, 10:41 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beside him gee old son were ya blockin fur him.

yeah actually i was... He's tellin the truth...:D

sweetwater07
10-19-2007, 12:40 AM
I was almost expecting to see "You're ugly and your mother dresses you funny". :D

haha yeah me too, its seriously a pissin match and an excuse for anti-wylie ppl to vent their frustrations out against the school district

Snyder_TigerFan
10-22-2007, 10:00 AM
LOL, and a reply letter. Funny stuff.

Link (http://reporternews.com/news/2007/oct/20/no-headline---saywerletter/)

lion75
10-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Clyde got ripped off on that one

DaHop72
10-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by lion75
Clyde got ripped off on that one And got it back Friday night.

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2007, 10:41 AM
And got it back Friday night.

Can anyone give me directions to the high road?:thinking: :D :devil:

Ranger Mom
10-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Can anyone give me directions to the high road?:thinking: :D :devil:

Should be easy to find...I think several have taken it lately!:D

pirate4state
10-22-2007, 11:13 AM
So, did the downlow get mentioned on the news? :nerd: :D LOL

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
So, did the downlow get mentioned on the news? :nerd: :D LOL

I bet it would have if we could've got Sandifer to take a picture
with us.:thinking: :devil:

Instead of him just staring at someone's cap...:thinking: :D

LH Panther Mom
10-22-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Snyder_TigerFan
LOL, and a reply letter. Funny stuff.

Link (http://reporternews.com/news/2007/oct/20/no-headline---saywerletter/)

And more....... :D

link (http://reporternews.com/news/2007/oct/20/no-headline---youngletter/)

Snyder_TigerFan
10-22-2007, 11:50 AM
And more....... :D

link (http://reporternews.com/news/2007/oct/20/no-headline---youngletter/)

Goodness!:D

STANG RED
10-22-2007, 12:29 PM
And got it back Friday night.

And I dont recall that Clyde fan that suggested Wylie should give the win to Clyde, stepping up and claiming that Clyde should give the win to Sweetwater because of the bad call that allowed them to score after that last turnover.:doh: :devil: :D

DaHop72
10-22-2007, 12:32 PM
I bet it would have if we could've got Sandifer to take a picture
with us.:thinking: :devil:

Instead of him just staring at someone's cap...:thinking: :D Dang all you Mustang fans and your hats. :devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2007, 12:36 PM
And I dont recall that Clyde fan that suggested Wylie should give the win to Clyde, stepping up and claiming that Clyde should give the win to Sweetwater because of the bad call that allowed them to score after that last turnover.:doh: :devil: :D

Might you be refering to this?:thinking: :devil:

I love the first paragraph. Something about 39 and 87?

http://reporternews.com/news/2007/oct/20/turnovers-fuel-clyde-victory/

44INAROW
10-22-2007, 12:36 PM
Help me out, whats iw
did we ever find out what IW is?

STANG RED
10-22-2007, 12:39 PM
Dang all you Mustang fans and your hats. :devil: :devil:

O quit your whinning.:p I gave you a Sweetwater cap last year, but did you wear it last Friday? NO! So I blame you for our loss Hops!:tongue: :devil:

Texasfootball2
10-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
did we ever find out what IW is?

I finally decided that IW stood for "Inadvertane (sp?) Whistle"

wtxfootball08
10-22-2007, 12:54 PM

Yea, and maybe you should get a copy of the film and slow it down and watch it... Becuase McCoy was just starting to fall forward when the ball came out... I think he knew that too because he was headed back towards the SW side gettin ready for D arguing only at himself for fumbling. I'm sure the sweetwater coaches have that on film and would be more than happy to tell you that he was still on his way down when the ball popped out.

DaHop72
10-22-2007, 12:58 PM
Yea, and maybe you should get a copy of the film and slow it down and watch it... Becuase McCoy was just starting to fall forward when the ball came out... I think he knew that too because he was headed back towards the SW side gettin ready for D arguing only at himself for fumbling. I'm sure the sweetwater coaches have that on film and would be more than happy to tell you that he was still on his way down when the ball popped out. I don't think the fumble in question happened with McCoy and there is another website with a very good clip of this play. Just like the Wylie game, this one is over but the clip shows the ball carriers knees on the ground before the ball comes out.

Sweetwater Red
10-22-2007, 01:08 PM
I don't think the fumble in question happened with McCoy and there is another website with a very good clip of this play. Just like the Wylie game, this one is over but the clip shows the ball carriers knees on the ground before the ball comes out.

#23 Steven Fields

pero chato
10-22-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't think the fumble in question happened with McCoy and there is another website with a very good clip of this play. Just like the Wylie game, this one is over but the clip shows the ball carriers knees on the ground before the ball comes out.

So....will our friend from Clyde write another letter to the editor complaining about the refs? Of course not! This call went his way, so no letter, no complaints. I can hear him now "they did it to make up for the call last week". As if there is some big conspiracy out there. Please!

STANG RED
10-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by pero chato
So....will our friend from Clyde write another letter to the editor complaining about the refs? Of course not! This call went his way, so no letter, no complaints. I can hear him now "they did it to make up for the call last week". As if there is some big conspiracy out there. Please!

This is an easy fix. Now all the refs will have to do is, make a bad call in the Swater/Wylie game that will give Swater the win, and all will be right with the world once again.:devil:

Wont it be hilarious if this actually happens! Is that what they call poetic justice?:D