PDA

View Full Version : My Gilmer vs Daingerfield Prediction

PPHSfan
11-11-2003, 06:57 PM
OK,

Here are my thoughts. Everyone including myself thinks that this will be a fantastic first round game. Everyone, including myself thinks that it is a shame that one of these teams will have to exit the playoffs so early.

Now for my infinite wisdom part of this post.

Gilmer is going to Kill Daingerfield.

Daingerfield is going to look up at the scoreboard late in the fourth quarter and try and figure out how in the world those Gilmer boys hung 31 points on them, all the while only being able to put 7 on the board.

Gilmer 31
Daingerfield 7

After Friday Night, you will all know who your daddy is.

BigRedfan
11-11-2003, 07:20 PM
I will agree with your prediction. :p eek! :D

cc700
11-11-2003, 07:41 PM
I LOOK FOR DAINGERFIELD TO WIN.THERE TOUGH IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Ranger05
11-11-2003, 08:44 PM
I wouldnt count out Daingerfield they have a really good team. I would know we played them in the semifinals last year and they were suppose to be getting nearly everybody back. Daingerfield gave us a run for our money they had alot of speed they were one of the fastest highschool football teams i've ever played against

Buckeye80
11-11-2003, 08:45 PM
I tried to refrain from posting PPHS, but you called me out. So here we go....Gilmer will start out with a 7-0 lead after one quarter, but will then capitalize on some costly D'Field turnovers and take a 21-3 halftime lead. Early in the 3rd, DField will break one to make it a game again at 21-10, but the Gilmer speed will eventually wear on them as the Buckeyes take over. Gilmer will finally celebrate a first round victory as the scoreboard will read at the end of the 4th: Gilmer 42-Daingerfield 10 :cool:

BigRedfan
11-11-2003, 08:49 PM
I will be there rooting for yal.

Good luck and go ahead and end Daingerfield's season. They are a good team but I have seen the BUCKEYES PLAY THIS SEASON AND THEY ARE AWESOME. :p :confused: :D

<small>[ November 11, 2003, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: BigRedfan ]</small>

Buckeye80
11-11-2003, 08:54 PM
BigRedfan:
I will be there rooting for yal.

Good luck and go ahead and end Daingerfield's season. They are a good team but I have seen the BUCKEYES PLAY THIS SEASON AND THEY ARE AWESOME. :p :confused: :D Wear your Winnsboro shirt so I'll be able to pick you out at the game. LOL :D :D

Chris Hart
11-11-2003, 09:19 PM
It's truly sad that one of these two teams will go home after the first round. This definately has to be the best first round game(on paper). I personally look for this to ba a barn-burner with Gilmer winning by a narrow margin.

BigRedfan
11-11-2003, 09:20 PM
I will wear our playoff shirt we had 2 years ago!!! Lol If I do not wear that I will have own a pair of black jeans with a red,black,and white sweater vest. You can not miss me. I will be sitting around the 50 yard line if we get there in time.

Good luck to the BUCKEYES. I know that Winnsboro will be backing you. :p :)

Buckeye80
11-11-2003, 09:22 PM
BigRedfan:
I will wear our playoff shirt we had 2 years ago!!! Lol If I do not wear that I will have own a pair of black jeans with a red,black,and white sweater vest. You can not miss me. I will be sitting around the 50 yard line if we get there in time.

Good luck to the BUCKEYES. I know that Winnsboro will be backing you. :p :) Cool! I may see you there.

FBJones
11-11-2003, 09:23 PM
Some of you are smoking some really strong stuff. Daingerfield will run all over Gilmer. To think that Gilmer's average defense could hold to 10 or less is rediculous. In any level of football(High school, college, or NFL), you must be able to run the ball and stop the run. Daingerfield can do both. Gilmer is not really good at either, especially stopping the run. And they have not played a really good team all year, while D'field comes from the toughest district in the state. Gilmer might make it interesting but I say D'field 34 Gilmer 21.

Buckeye80
11-11-2003, 09:31 PM
FBJones:
Some of you are smoking some really strong stuff. Daingerfield will run all over Gilmer. To think that Gilmer's average defense could hold to 10 or less is rediculous. In any level of football(High school, college, or NFL), you must be able to run the ball and stop the run. Daingerfield can do both. Gilmer is not really good at either, especially stopping the run. And they have not played a really good team all year, while D'field comes from the toughest district in the state. Gilmer might make it interesting but I say D'field 34 Gilmer 21.We'll see!! But if Gilmer wins, can I come to BFE and have a cookout? LOL

Buckeye80
11-11-2003, 09:33 PM
Sorry, one more thing I forgot. We only run the ball when someone stops the pass, and I'm afraid Daingerfield's defensive scheme is not set up to do that, considering they play in the toughest district in the state where everyone runs the ball all the time.

FBJones
11-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Pop off when you when a playoff game. Thump-thump starts Monday in Gilmer, as the Buckeyes continue their LONG streak of not winning in the postseason. How long has it been, Buckeye?

Buckeye80
11-11-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm sorry I'm not familiar...."thump thump" is a reference to basketball I'm guessing. Well, you are right that it has been a long time since Gilmer won a playoff game. I guess you're right about the upcoming game. I change my prediction...Daingerfield by 84 wink wink Happy?

Right now, my "popping off" means just as much as your's: zilch. The boys will play it out, and we'll see...we will just see.

Buckeye80
11-11-2003, 10:13 PM
You have no response? I'm disappointed. The defending 3A State Semi-Finalists at least deserve an argument, don't you think? PPHS feel free to chime in whenever.

BigRedfan
11-11-2003, 11:09 PM
The Tigers are running scared this year. They are afraid that their season will end this year like it did in 2001 with a loss in the first round.

BUCKEYE80: Good luck. wink

blue_tiger
11-12-2003, 12:09 AM
I won't say we will win...won't say we will lose either. All I can say is noone from Daingerfield is running scared. The road to state goes thru Mt. Pleasant. Should be a great game. Get there early and enjoy the show.

surfspike
11-12-2003, 01:34 AM
I honestly wish I could see this game in person.

PPHSfan
11-12-2003, 08:25 AM
I have already spoken :D

Late Friday night I will speak again on this subject when I come on this thread and say....

Who's Your Daddy?

Buckeye80
11-12-2003, 08:31 AM
blue_tiger:
I won't say we will win...won't say we will lose either. All I can say is noone from Daingerfield is running scared. The road to state goes thru Mt. Pleasant. Should be a great game. Get there early and enjoy the show.Hey FYI, I believe the seating arrangements are the same as last year. We are on the visitor's side and 12-3A is on the home side. That's what I heard from the AD's office anyway.

BUDDY
11-12-2003, 10:06 AM
Daingerfield will never give up 40 to anyone. You are looking through some serious rose colored glasses if you are thinking that. In fact they have not given up 40 points to anyone since the 1970's. Daingerfield's offense is averaging over 30 points a game against more than average defenses. Buckeye 80, I really feel you are setting yourself up for a big shock treatment. This is not Lindale, Winnsboro, Rains, Mineola, or Mt Vernon you are getting ready to play.......This is Daingerfield WAKE UP!!!! and feel the heat.

blue4ever
11-12-2003, 01:37 PM
Thank you Buddy. I give Gilmer credit, they are an awesome team, but they ain't won nothing yet. Dfield has way too much pride to get blown out, and I guarantee you that Gilmer hasn't been hit like the beating that will be unleashed on them Friday night. Win or lose, we will bring the wood, there is no team like the Tigers in your district, we know, we have played them all worth playing. Couldn't get ya'll to even scrimmage us, now you want to talk trash, talk is cheap boys. See ya Friday night!

reptard7isCRAZY
11-12-2003, 01:49 PM
I agree with Gilmer not playing a powerhouse yet.. I could be wrong, so correct me if I am. I have not seen either of the teams play, but have seen highlights on both and numbers. On paper i would have to give this to D-field. Although I have been raging on Gilmer all year about not earning their high ranking (Collier-Sharp #2), I am looking to get proven wrong...make me a believer. Win this game and i will feel the ranking is deserving.

Old No. 7
11-12-2003, 03:00 PM
I haven't seen these teams play this year. So, I'm just gonna say good luck to both teams. :cool:

blue4ever
11-12-2003, 03:14 PM
On the offenisve side, you have to give the edge to Gilmer, they are a machine. But this is the playoffs and defense wins championships, and I am not a believer in the Gilmer defense yet, maybe after Friday I will be, but I hope not. They haven't seen team speed yet, who will pin their ears back and bring it for 4 quarters.

Buckeye80
11-12-2003, 05:00 PM
By the by, no one is "talking trash". What I said is my opinion of how the game will turn out. Just as you say that we have not played anyone of your calibur this year, the opposite is also true. Of Daingerfield's opponents this year, none have the speed the Buckeyes have, and none of the ten throw the ball half as often as Gilmer.
Believe me when I say that I have the absolute, utmost respect for the Daingerfield program, and if you guys win, I will root y'all all the way to state. These are two very talented programs, and it is a pitiful shame that one of them will go home either 10-1 or 9-2, because they are both better than alot of teams that will make the second round.
I think this is the year that we get the 1st round monkey off our back, and we should make a decent playoff run. I am both entitled and obligated to defend my team and give them all the credit I can. Good Luck to the Buckeyes, and hopefully all the players from both teams will be healthy at the end of the game.

blue4ever
11-12-2003, 05:33 PM
When I say talking trash, what I mean is, the 42-10 etc as well as the "Can Celina beat Gilmer" thread. I will have to say that it's pretty ballsy to already assume the victory before the game has even been played. All this from a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 10 years and who we beat last year by 2 TD's. Although, I do believe that if you guys hold on to 2 passes, you guys win. I think that Gilmer caught us off guard last year, but I guarantee that they won't this year. IF we get beat it won't be because we didn't know what was coming. Both teams return practically everyone from last years squads and it is ashame that this game has to be played now. I would have loved to see both East Texas teams match up down the road. I don't think either team wanted to face each other in the first round. I just hope it comes down to defense, if it does, Tigers win. We can't afford to play catch-up, this team isn't built for that, although Craig's arm is underrated, if receivers can hold on to the ball, he is capable of picking apart a secondary. Not to the extent of what McKenzie can do, but he is more than adequate.

Buckeye80
11-12-2003, 05:57 PM
Buckeye80:
I just don't know. I had a buddy go see the Celina/Gainesville game, and he told me that he couldn't see a way that we would not put at least 40 points up on Celina if we played. But Celina has only lost THAT game this year, they have to be doing something right don't they? I haven't seen Celina play since the DField game last year, so I honestly can't say for sure. By the way, my friend is from Dallas, so there was no Gilmer bias in what he told me. But first things first, we have to take care of Daingerfield, and Celina has to take care of you guys....good luck!This was my first post on the "Can Celina Beat Gilmer" thread. You will note that I did mention that we do have a first round team to worry about. And as for the 42-10, why not? How is that talking trash? I said that Gilmer would capitalize on some turnovers in the first half, and then would take over the game in the second half, once D'Field is out of their game plan (and you would agree that they're very similar to the Baltimore Ravens in their ability to come back in games). That is not "talking trash". "You had better not even show up on Friday night, because Gilmer is gonna' leave "blue blood" from endzone to endzone and then laugh at y'all as you limp back to the bus." THAT is trash talking and something that I do not appreciate nor participate in. Look, the way I see the game being played out is not the way you see it....Cool! I'm fine with that. You have every right to support your school and hope that they win. That's all I'm doing. Don't take the 42-10 thing personally. Hey, it could happen! Just like it could be Daingerfield by 40. That's why they play.

Buckeye80
11-12-2003, 06:32 PM
ttt

blue4ever
11-13-2003, 08:55 AM
Buckeye80, was that some kind of subliminal cheap shot you just took with the blue blood thing? We'll let the boys settle it on the field and if Gilmer is the victor, I will be the first to congratule you. Now, if we win, and shut all these buckeye fans up, ya'll aren't going to go into buckeye hibernation until next year are you?

Buckeye80
11-13-2003, 09:03 AM
blue4ever:
Buckeye80, was that some kind of subliminal cheap shot you just took with the blue blood thing? We'll let the boys settle it on the field and if Gilmer is the victor, I will be the first to congratule you. Now, if we win, and shut all these buckeye fans up, ya'll aren't going to go into buckeye hibernation until next year are you?That was not a cheap shot. That was an example of "talking trash". I just tried to think of something offensive to demonstrate with.
Look, we are both adults here. I've said that I will root the Tigers all the way to state if they beat us. And I mean that with all sincerity! What more can I do; go and buy a Daingerfield sweatshirt?
By the way, I'm gonna get there about 6:00. You?

blue4ever
11-13-2003, 09:49 AM
The sweatshirt will be a nice touch. I will be there about 5:30.

PPHSfan
11-15-2003, 01:31 AM
PPHSfan
OK,

Here are my thoughts. Everyone including myself thinks that this will be a fantastic first round game. Everyone, including myself thinks that it is a shame that one of these teams will have to exit the playoffs so early.

Daingerfield is going to look up at the scoreboard late in the fourth quarter and try and figure out how in the world those Gilmer boys hung 31 points on them, all the while only being able to put 7 on the board.

Gilmer 31
Daingerfield 7

After Friday Night, you will all know who your daddy is..
WHO IS YOUR DADDY?

PPHSfan
11-15-2003, 01:32 AM
That is all I have time for tonight guys. Now I have got to run out of this truckstop and get in the car and finish driving home. See you all tomorrow.

surfspike
11-15-2003, 01:45 AM
looks like Gilmer sure taught D'field a thing or five. hung 40+ on em plus a goose egg. We should listen to PPHSfan more often.

sinton66
11-15-2003, 08:14 AM
The man knows high school football, ya gotta give him that! wink

Ranger Mom
11-15-2003, 09:19 AM
PPHSfan:

PPHSfan
OK,

Gilmer 31
Daingerfield 7

After Friday Night, you will all know who your daddy is..
WHO IS YOUR DADDY?:D :D :D :D

Rabbit'93
11-15-2003, 11:02 AM
Who woulda thunk it....besides PPHSfan & Buckeye. Congrats Buckeye's. you guys are my pick to win it all.

PPHSfan
11-15-2003, 02:51 PM
:D

PPHSfan
11-17-2003, 08:15 PM
I don't believe it. After all I did for them, Buckeye80 has not come here and given me my props. And worse, blue4ever has not told me who his daddy is. I guess that I am going to have to put some Mojo on Gilmer and let my buds over in Celina put a whoopin on them if I don't get my props. Hint Hint. :D

Buckeye80
11-17-2003, 10:30 PM
PPHSfan:
I don't believe it. After all I did for them, Buckeye80 has not come here and given me my props. And worse, blue4ever has not told me who his daddy is. I guess that I am going to have to put some Mojo on Gilmer and let my buds over in Celina put a whoopin on them if I don't get my props. Hint Hint. :D Hey, I told everyone on another post that I was in Rockport all weekend and didn't have access to a computer. But, again I bow before your infinite football wisdom (although I believe my prediction was closer (42-10). As for the Celina game, what is your angle? 7 points? As someone who has seen both teams play, I thought you'd be all over this one. I predicted Gilmer by 21, but I was just trying not to hurt anyone's feelings. Gilmer wins this one BIIIGGGG!!!! I'm thinkin' by like 35 or 40. We just have too much speed for those guys....I went to Richardson for their game against Commerce.
Anyway, you are not MY Daddy, but you better start claiming "blue4ever" on your taxes. You are his pappy!

PPHSfan
11-18-2003, 09:14 AM
Buckeye80

Hey, I told everyone on another post that I was in Rockport all weekend and didn't have access to a computer. But, again I bow before your infinite football wisdom (although I believe my prediction was closer (42-10). As for the Celina game, what is your angle? 7 points? As someone who has seen both teams play, I thought you'd be all over this one. I predicted Gilmer by 21, but I was just trying not to hurt anyone's feelings. Gilmer wins this one BIIIGGGG!!!! I'm thinkin' by like 35 or 40. We just have too much speed for those guys....I went to Richardson for their game against Commerce.
Anyway, you are not MY Daddy, but you better start claiming "blue4ever" on your taxes. You are his pappy!.
Sigh, I guess you just have not learned. :D I have seen both teams play, and I am all over this one, but Gilmer will not win this one Big, like they won the Daingerfield game Big. Gilmer is the better team, and they should win the game, but Celina matches up much better and will no go down in flames like the Tigers did.

Gilmer 24
Celina 17

blue4ever
11-18-2003, 12:03 PM
PPHS you are the man big boy. It thought all of you needed to be drug tested, but I was wrong. I have been on a guarded suicide watch the last couple of days. Just wanted to give you and Buckeye80 your just due's. Good luck Buckeyes, Celina, I hope will give you a better game than what we did. Lots of tradition over there and them boys are disciplined to what they do. Don't take them lightly cuz they could surprise you.

PPHSfan
11-18-2003, 12:12 PM
Kudos to blue4ever for taking it like a Man. You set a great example for your school and your fans. Best of luck next year, and congratulations on your winning season.

Buckeye80
11-18-2003, 01:08 PM
PPHSfan:
Kudos to blue4ever for taking it like a Man. You set a great example for your school and your fans. Best of luck next year, and congratulations on your winning season.And kudos also to the D'Field players...a true group of gentlemen. Though no doubt they were upset at the thought of starting basketball next week, every player down to the last JV'er, applauded the Buckeyes after the trophy presentation. You guys have some serious class!