PDA

View Full Version : Sweetwaters "Pink" endzones to become "RED" again????

GetRDoneStangs
10-16-2007, 07:20 PM
The infamous formely red endzones turned pink by just a few years of West Texas sunlight......may soon return to its original (or pretty close!) Deep Red color that Mustangs fans are used to!!

During tonight's public forum that was called to provide the public with detailed information of an up coming $10.0 Million bond election that will be facing Sweetwater voters begining next week.

The end zone repairs are "Not" a part of the bond..instead will be paid out of operating funds.

Waco faced similar problems with fading turf and recently applied a new technology (spray??) that returned the original colors.

Swetewater has contacted Waco ISD and the company that made the repairs and it was "Hoped" the repairs would be made in the very near future!!!

Go Big RED....Endzones that is!!

:clap: :clap:

STANG RED
10-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Go Big Pink. Or,,,,,uh,,,,,,I mean uh Go Big Red!:D

Actually I just thought we were going to use Wylie blood next week to do the job.:devil:

GetRDoneStangs
10-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Actually I just thought we were going to use Wylie blood next week to do the job.:devil:

Now that you mention it....that may save us about $10 K!!!!

lakers
10-16-2007, 09:11 PM

haha I like that idea...I hope sweetwater thumps wylie next week...

Emerson1
10-16-2007, 09:20 PM
It shouldn't cost to much to fix.

Matthew328
10-16-2007, 10:24 PM
LOL those pink end zones were amusing...

Matthew328
10-16-2007, 10:25 PM
any word on the pressbox upgrades? LOL

GetRDoneStangs
10-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328

Not mentioned tonight.......I guess we have to get the bond passed and then we will see how far the money goes!!!
:( :eek: :doh: :thinking: :D

RedWhiteBlue
10-17-2007, 08:57 AM

Nice.

STANG RED
10-17-2007, 09:25 AM

I think restrooms may be a bigger priority right now.
At least the heaters work well in the pressbox usually. I try to sneak in there during cold games myself.

Ranger Mom
10-17-2007, 09:29 AM
I think restrooms may be a bigger priority right now.
At least the heaters work well in the pressbox usually. I try to sneak in there during cold games myself.

Being able to sit in there when Canyon and Liberty Eyelou were playing was a LIFESAVER!!!!!

GetRDoneStangs
10-17-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Being able to sit in there when Canyon and Liberty Eyelou were playing was a LIFESAVER!!!!!

It is nice during cold weather.....but the lower level is pretty "warm" early on in the season. Maybe we can meet again this winter if the right teams hookup!!!

Matthew328
10-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Yeah that thing was a sauna during the Sammy Baugh Classic

sweetwater07
10-17-2007, 07:11 PM
Yeah that thing was a sauna during the Sammy Baugh Classic

but during the winter you'll be thankin those walls stoppin that freezing wind from giving you frostbite..lol