PDA

View Full Version : Baylor suspends assistant indefinitely after public urination

KTA
10-16-2007, 06:54 PM
WACO, Texas -- A Baylor assistant football coach cited by police for urinating on the bar at a tavern was suspended indefinitely Tuesday.

Eric Schnupp, Baylor's offensive line/tight ends coach, was not arrested but was issued a citation at 2:20 a.m. Sunday for disorderly conduct-reckless exposure at Scruffy Murphy's, Waco police spokesman Steve Anderson said.

The citation is a Class C misdemeanor carrying a $258 fine, according to Waco Municipal Court.

Coach Guy Morriss said Tuesday during his weekly news conference that he suspended Schnupp indefinitely, but did not comment further.

Schnupp, 30, had traveled Saturday with the team to Lawrence, Kan., where the Bears lost to Kansas 58-10. The team was back in Waco by 9 p.m.

Bartender Danny Severe said in Tuesday's editions of the Waco Tribune-Herald that the incident happened around closing time and that Schnupp apparently thought no one was watching him as employees were moving patrons out of the building.

Severe said an employee witnessed Schnupp urinating on the bar, and a manager told police officers who were there for an unrelated matter.

Severe said Schnupp had taken several shots of hard liquor, most bought for him by other people.

Schnupp, in his first year as a coach at the world's largest Baptist university, played football for the University of Miami from 1995-2000 and previously coached at West Texas A&M.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3065938

eagles_victory
10-16-2007, 07:02 PM
http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=72408&highlight=baylor :doh:

KTA
10-16-2007, 07:11 PM
sorry didnt see that

burnet44
10-16-2007, 07:18 PM
what a mo

44INAROW
10-16-2007, 08:17 PM
wow - a 30 yr old coaching at a Div1 school.. I might be naive - but that seems awful young.. or are there alot of 30 year old Div 1 coaches? (I am not starting anything here, just making an observation)

Before you read any further - know this - I AM NOT CONDONING WHAT HE DID............ just "voicing my opinion"

I sure hate to see these sort of incidents totally alter young men's life/careers - he's probably a decent guy - probably had too much to drink and really "had to go" - I am not making excuses by any means, but come one guys - if you search your souls - do you think maybe just once you "went" where you shouldn't have gone? (I will admit - going "ON" the building was probably a really bad decision though)
ok, fire away....... :p

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
do you think maybe just once you "went" where you shouldn't have gone?
G did..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :devil: :devil:

44INAROW
10-16-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
G did..... :eek: :eek: :eek: :devil: :devil:
OMG I totally forgot about that......... :eek: :nerd:

block&tackle
10-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Baylor doesn't seem like the kind of place that will have a sense of humor about this sort of thing.:doh:

gobbler grad
10-16-2007, 08:56 PM
but , he had to go...:dispntd:

gobbler84
10-16-2007, 09:02 PM
I use to talk to that coach on a weekly basis...

burnet44
10-16-2007, 10:21 PM
the thought is younger coaches can "relate" to the players
you see that in college and the NFL too

looks like they do relate huh

Chopblock
10-16-2007, 10:24 PM
I know Eric, one of those things that happened that I know he his not proud of. He will take his punishment and go on
Heck, I got thrown out of CowTown USA on Northside 21 years ago for peeing on a girls Metalic Silver Ropers one evening
I wasn't proud of that either but I hated the glare off those boots

Bull19
10-16-2007, 10:24 PM
wow - a 30 yr old coaching at a Div1 school.. I might be naive - but that seems awful young.. or are there alot of 30 year old Div 1 coaches? (I am not starting anything here, just making an observation)

Before you read any further - know this - I AM NOT CONDONING WHAT HE DID............ just "voicing my opinion"

I sure hate to see these sort of incidents totally alter young men's life/careers - he's probably a decent guy - probably had too much to drink and really "had to go" - I am not making excuses by any means, but come one guys - if you search your souls - do you think maybe just once you "went" where you shouldn't have gone? (I will admit - going "ON" the building was probably a really bad decision though)
ok, fire away....... :p

isnt ryan leaf coaching at a d-1 school in west texas, or arizona, or something?

Chopblock
10-16-2007, 10:26 PM
West Texas A&M saw him this weekend

Bull19
10-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Chopblock
West Texas A&M saw him this weekend

did u leave him alone?:D

Chopblock
10-16-2007, 10:28 PM
naaa he spoke

KTA
10-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Ive pee'd in ALOT of places I shouldnt have:D

burnet44
10-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Chopblock
I know Eric, one of those things that happened that I know he his not proud of. He will take his punishment and go on
Heck, I got thrown out of CowTown USA on Northside 21 years ago for peeing on a girls Metalic Silver Ropers one evening
I wasn't proud of that either but I hated the glare off those boots

yeah u still went to TSU lol
which one?
lol

Chopblock
10-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
yeah u still went to TSU lol
which one?
lol
Did alot of things at TSU that I wasn't proud of........ Bubba Joe, keep your mouth shut

burnet44
10-16-2007, 11:52 PM
lol
thats MR. Bubba to you pal lol
we all did
but we were a LITTLE smarter than that huh?

rundoe
10-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
what a mo

Never pee on bar in Waco!!!!!

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
Or on the tire of a news van.... :devil: :devil:

44INAROW
10-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Or on the tire of a news van.... :devil: :devil:

is there a story there LHPM? :D

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 08:25 AM
is there a story there LHPM? :D
As G.... :evillol: :evillol:

RedWhiteBlue
10-17-2007, 08:49 AM
WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR VACATION KTA!!!!!

Ranger Mom
10-17-2007, 09:08 AM
I'm still not sure what I am reading.

Did he pee on the bar as in the actual structure??

Or did he pee on the bar as in the long wooden thing inside the building that has stools and people pour out the problems to the bartender while sitting at it?

44INAROW
10-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I'm still not sure what I am reading.

Did he pee on the bar as in the actual structure??

Or did he pee on the bar as in the long wooden thing inside the building that has stools and people pour out the problems to the bartender while sitting at it?
wow I didn't read it like that - but the more I read it....... hmmmm wonder if he was inside or outside?

Ranger Mom
10-17-2007, 09:11 AM
wow I didn't read it like that - but the more I read it....... hmmmm wonder if he was inside or outside?

LOL!! I think that would made a HUGE difference!!

burnet44
10-17-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by rundoe

or in Cunia huh G?

sahen
10-17-2007, 10:45 AM
people on the baylor board are saying he peed on the actual bar inside when they were trying to get everyone to go home for the night....now, i have been to scruffy's several times and he mustve been drunk out of his mind because the bathrooms are literally 10 steps from the bar depending on which end ur sitting at....

burnet44
10-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by KTA

Eric Schnupp, Baylor's offensive line/tight ends coach

http://www.bluecollarcomedystore.com/prod/heresyoursign.gif

football4life
10-17-2007, 11:08 AM
sad to see, thought pretty highly of coach schnupp when he was here last semester.

BrahmaMom
10-17-2007, 11:49 AM
I am sad for him. As a MOM, c'mon, you don't have to climb up on the bar to pee on it. Pee on the floor if you can't move. Good grief. It is a shame that his life will be altered because of a young foolish mistake. Anyone out there, taking notes? Stupid things done in your youth can haunt you--take notes! I do feel for him, but, it really wasn't the thing to do, as an assistant coach at a DI school (or anyone who is supposed to lead by example). I am sure my boys have peed places that would mortify me, nobody is perfect. This is a tiny bit over the top, though. Sorry, BrahmaMom is finished with her lecture.

44INAROW
10-17-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by BrahmaMom
I am sad for him. As a MOM, c'mon, you don't have to climb up on the bar to pee on it. Pee on the floor if you can't move. Good grief. It is a shame that his life will be altered because of a young foolish mistake. Anyone out there, taking notes? Stupid things done in your youth can haunt you--take notes! I do feel for him, but, it really wasn't the thing to do, as an assistant coach at a DI school (or anyone who is supposed to lead by example). I am sure my boys have peed places that would mortify me, nobody is perfect. This is a tiny bit over the top, though. Sorry, BrahmaMom is finished with her lecture.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: