PDA

View Full Version : Francione

rockdale80
10-16-2007, 12:24 PM
I hear through the grapevine Fran is resigning today in about 48 minutes publically. Wonder if there is any truth to this:thinking:

Comes from a pretty reliable source.

Old Tiger
I heard that they already agreed on a buyout but weren't sure when he was going to resign

crzyjournalist03
Originally posted by rockdale80
I hear through the grapevine Fran is resigning today in about 48 minutes publically. Wonder if there is any truth to this:thinking:

Comes from a pretty reliable source.

a source that is from this board?

rockdale80
10-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
a source that is from this board?

Not from any board. From my understanding the team doesnt know a thing about it yet. I tried to call baby brother, but his phone went straight to VM.

Gobbla2001
10-16-2007, 12:29 PM
resigning now? or announcing he will resign at the end of the year?

rockdale80
10-16-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
resigning now? or announcing he will resign at the end of the year?

Not sure. If he is announcing it today, he is gone as of today. So I guess we will see.

Gobbla2001
10-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Is Gary gunna take over the coaching duties the remainder of the season?

luvhoops34
Not from any board. From my understanding the team doesnt know a thing about it yet. I tried to call baby brother, but his phone went straight to VM.

Wow, he's going to resign without telling the team? That's wrong. Poor guys.:(

Old Tiger
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Wow, he's going to resign without telling the team? That's wrong. Poor guys.:( Why mess the morale or whatever is left of it up? It's a business. Their young men/grown men so it shouldn't effect them to much like as if it was a kid.

DaHop72
10-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Not from any board. From my understanding the team doesnt know a thing about it yet. I tried to call baby brother, but his phone went straight to VM. Wonder if he might be telling the team is why you can't get ahold of Gary?

rockdale80
10-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Wow, he's going to resign without telling the team? That's wrong. Poor guys.:(

I guess we will find out for sure in about 24 minutes. Until then I am not going to say anything about the guy. That and I will find out how "reliable" my source is. But he has been spot on about a bunch of things before they were out in the open. So we shall see.

mistanice
10-16-2007, 12:40 PM
I guess we will find out for sure in about 24 minutes. Until then I am not going to say anything about the guy. That and I will find out how "reliable" my source is. But he has been spot on about a bunch of things before they were out in the open. So we shall see.

there's alot of chatter going on at tamu.rivals.com board. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
there's alot of chatter going on at tamu.rivals.com board. Guess we just have to wait and see. Even on the Texas boards

rockdale80
10-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by mistanice
there's alot of chatter going on at tamu.rivals.com board. Guess we just have to wait and see.

Guess there might be more to it. I got the email last night, but didnt read it till a few minutes ago.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-16-2007, 12:45 PM
I haven't heard anything about this, so it's news to me.

mistanice
10-16-2007, 12:46 PM
from the texas board.

One of the ATX radio stations (maybe it was espn) suggested that Fran may be under federal investigation over whether or not he reported income from the newsletter circulation. This s*** is just now hitting the fran.

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 12:47 PM
Francigone

big daddy russ
10-16-2007, 01:00 PM
Who would take over? Would Darnell or Koenig take over and pull double duties?

rockdale80
10-16-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

No clue.

buff4life
10-16-2007, 01:18 PM
No clue.

so whats the verdict, its been over 48 minutes?

rockdale80
10-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
so whats the verdict, its been over 48 minutes?

Well if he was having the press conference he is only 48 minutes into it. I am at work so I am limited to the websites I can go to. Just a matter of time before they take this one away from me and I have to actually work. ;)

Macarthur
10-16-2007, 01:28 PM
An Omaha paper has reported that Ark & A&M are both going after Pelini at LSU.

buff4life
10-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Well if he was having the press conference he is only 48 minutes into it. I am at work so I am limited to the websites I can go to. Just a matter of time before they take this one away from me and I have to actually work. ;)

that would be horrible LOL

buff4life
10-16-2007, 01:44 PM
looks like it isn't happening after reading a play by play of the luncheon on texags

BobcatBenny
10-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Hot off the presses (http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=726878)

burnet44
10-16-2007, 02:39 PM
let LIL Les have it
cool
ol Hamshire boy
led team to the semis in '76 vs Rockdale
and his dad is/was a longtime Texas HS coach
great family

Go Les bout time you got a shot
I hope

big daddy russ
10-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Here's a more in-depth question... if Fran is gone, who do you think will come in as DC and OC?

Obviously, if Tuberville comes in there will probably be a spot for Borges and Muschamp unless Muschamp gets to head up a program.

But if Tedford, Briles, or someone else gets the nod, who will come in? Would Briles bring his current staff over? Would someone try to bring Phil Bennett back to College Station to head up the defense? Would Darnell be kept on? Any opinions?

EDIT: Two other names that will be thrown around at the end of the year will be Steve Sarkisian and Charlie Strong. If Ed Orgeron gets the axe at Ole Miss, think that him and Sarkisian would reunite in CS and take over the offense and defense? It'd be a hell of a recruiting tandem... maybe the only two guys I could see competing with Mack and Stoops head to head.

RedWhiteBlue
10-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Take over what???

big daddy russ
10-16-2007, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Take over what???
The program. If Fran stepped down, would one of them be elevated to HC the rest of the year?

RedWhiteBlue
10-16-2007, 03:02 PM
The program. If Fran stepped down, would one of them be elevated to HC the rest of the year?
Duh- it was meant to be a funny!!!! I am a Horn fan.........

Global Swarming
10-16-2007, 03:04 PM
We need to get Gary Kubiak. I'll bet he'd jump at the chance to come back to Aggieland to coach his alma mater.

rockdale80
10-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Havent heard anything yet. Guess it was a rumor that was not true. Will have to call my buddy and find out. Sorry guys.

TMer25
10-16-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Global Swarming
We need to get Gary Kubiak. I'll bet he'd jump at the chance to come back to Aggieland to coach his alma mater.

5 years ago I think he would have. Now, I think he is quite content in Houston.

Bulldog_12
10-16-2007, 03:26 PM

Not anymore. When it opened up before after R.C., Kubiak was quoted to say, "I would crawl to College Station for that job." He has done an incredible job in Houston and I doubt he would want to leave it now.

burnet44
10-16-2007, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
let LIL Les have it
cool
ol Hamshire boy
led team to the semis in '76 vs Rockdale
and his dad is/was a longtime Texas HS coach
great family

Go Les bout time you got a shot
I hope

my bad
it was 1975

BI-DISTRICT:
Hamshire-Fannett 21, San Augustine 7

REGIONALS:
Hamshire-Fannett 16, Columbus 7

QUARTERFINALS:
Hamshire-Fannett 14, Cameron 6

SEMIFINALS
La Grange 20, Hamshire-Fannett 14

FINALS: La Grange 27, Childress 6

Lil Less was qb
Daddy was the HC at HF

g$$
10-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Here's a more in-depth question... if Fran is gone, who do you think will come in as DC and OC?

Obviously, if Tuberville comes in there will probably be a spot for Borges and Muschamp unless Muschamp gets to head up a program.

But if Tedford, Briles, or someone else gets the nod, who will come in? Would Briles bring his current staff over? Would someone try to bring Phil Bennett back to College Station to head up the defense? Would Darnell be kept on? Any opinions?

EDIT: Two other names that will be thrown around at the end of the year will be Steve Sarkisian and Charlie Strong. If Ed Orgeron gets the axe at Ole Miss, think that him and Sarkisian would reunite in CS and take over the offense and defense? It'd be a hell of a recruiting tandem... maybe the only two guys I could see competing with Mack and Stoops head to head.

Fran is a goner after the season at the very least, that is a given. I have said for months that this year would be his swan song, & now you factor in the VIP Connection deal & he is toast. He broke NCAA, conference, & possibly federal laws - so the buyout of $8.5 million may be avoided as a legal loophole. His performance (on & off the field) speaks for itself.

30-25 overall (& counting)
> 12 losses of at least 20 pts.
> 7 losses of at least 30 pts.
> 77-0 to OU (worst loss in TAMU history)
> 2 worst bowl losses in school history (TENN & Cal)
> zero top 10 fictional recruiting classes
> 2-13 vs. Tech, Texas, NEB, & OU (& counting)
> embarrassing investigation into VIP Connection scandal

OC & DC? New coach will bring in his guys & new staff. Darnell is a joke anyway & poor Les's hands are tied. Nice thoughts on Sarkisian & Orgeron, but doubt it. Strong was an asst. years ago in Aggieland.

My top 4:
Mike Sherman
Steve Spurrier (but doubtful)
Tommy Tuberville
Bo Pelini

Been a while, good to visit again. Firing Fran cannot come soon enough for most of us Ags! Apathy has set in too.

Global Swarming
10-16-2007, 04:19 PM
i too believe he is not long for the job. But, why not start looking for someone now before the end of the season. They could have a deal done before the end of the year. At least your players would know who the new coach will be. It may help in recruiting also.

espn1
10-16-2007, 04:30 PM
I wonder if Fran would be interested in the Burnet Job?

Bull19
10-16-2007, 04:42 PM
tuberville is the top candidtate right now

g$$
10-16-2007, 04:46 PM
i too believe he is not long for the job. But, why not start looking for someone now before the end of the season. They could have a deal done before the end of the year. At least your players would know who the new coach will be. It may help in recruiting also.

Behind the scenes, they are talking to people & gauging interest. After the Texas game, it will go down. Bill Byrne will be ready to name a successor & try to hang onto recruits & finish strong before February's Signing Day. Really no need to do anything now unless Fran resigns, & he won't do that.

My favorite is Sherman for a host of reasons, but it seems Tuberville is the leader right now of A&M's brass. I can't complain with either over Fran!

burnet44
10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by espn1
I wonder if Fran would be interested in the Burnet Job?

Burnet aint interested
ask Palestine and Tom

necks_c/09
10-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Is fran gone or no?

and if he aint, is he expected to be gone soon?

rockdale80
10-16-2007, 05:11 PM
JASON GARRETT!!!

g$$
10-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Gone after Texas game, period.

necks_c/09
10-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by g$$
Gone after Texas game, period. didnt somebody say he was gonna have a press conference and announce his resignation?

g$$
10-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Was just a rumor...

rancher
10-16-2007, 05:18 PM
The very best source of info. from aggieland is www.aggiecoach.com This guy is great at kepting everything up to date quickly. FRAN-KENSTEIN must be destroyed before he kills the village. Just read that one of the aggies top recurits from Gilmer Lamar ?, has taken back his verbal to the aggies and will now take a visit to OKLA. Also Neb. wants Peilli very badly.

Global Swarming
10-16-2007, 05:58 PM
I think there's going to be alot of that until fran's gone. Why go play for a coach who can't win. I mean how many losses to Tech does it take to get rid of the guy. Same song, second verse every year. You can always gauge the Aggies season every year. Play cupcake schedule to build up wins and then choke in conference.

KTJ
10-16-2007, 06:31 PM
I think TT stays at Auburn, as there's really no reason for him to leave.

I see Pelini heading to Nebraska.

Keep in mind, there will be several other openings as well. Should be an interesting rest of the season.

(After the mess that's gone down the last couple of years, who would want the Arkansas job.)

big daddy russ
10-16-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
I think TT stays at Auburn, as there's really no reason for him to leave.

I see Pelini heading to Nebraska.

Keep in mind, there will be several other openings as well. Should be an interesting rest of the season.

(After the mess that's gone down the last couple of years, who would want the Arkansas job.)
I don't think Tuberville leaves, either. He got the train back on the tracks and pulled off a huge win over Florida. The Mississippi State loss is starting to fade from memory already.

On that note, I'm also a realist. There's a key booster on the Plains who's always had it out for Tuberville. He almost got his way about four years ago with the whole Bobby Petrino ordeal, but the press caught wind of what was going on and he was made to look like the sleazeball he is.

Maroon87
10-16-2007, 06:51 PM

On that note, I'm also a realist. There's a key booster on the Plains who's always had it out for Tuberville. He almost got his way about four years ago with the whole Bobby Petrino ordeal, but the press caught wind of what was going on and he was made to look like the sleazeball he is.

I remember that. What a mess...:confused:

Bulldog_12
10-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Word I am hearing is that a buyout has been agreed upon. 2 million at the end of the year and a walk away clause, no questions asked.

Also, Tuberville is the #1 guy, but the administration really wants a package deal with Muschamp coming with him. Only snag is whether or not Muschamp will be offered a HC somewhere.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-16-2007, 07:50 PM
Coach Fran was at practice today and it was business as usual.

rancher
10-16-2007, 08:14 PM
This Saturday's game or the BUYOUT BOWL, stated yesterday for Neb. A few hours ago, Tom Osburn was name at the interm A.D. Callahan will be gone soon. The bidding war for a top tier coach is rumored to be near $5 million. The following schools are speculated to be looking Michigan, Neb., Clemson, Baylor, UCLA, Ark., Tenn., maybe Washington and N.D. The recuritment has reached a stand still with some verbal commitments now being withdrawn. How bad will this set the program back?

Pudlugger
10-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Bullsuuuuuuutttttttt. Excuse me I have allergies. Snot on my screen, man that is bad. LOL

Global Swarming
10-16-2007, 08:53 PM
That's why you don't wait until the end of the year to make the move. If there are all of these jobs coming open, you want the best man for the job. You don't want who's left over. Maybe they won't come here after the end of the season.

big daddy russ
10-16-2007, 09:40 PM
That's why you don't wait until the end of the year to make the move. If there are all of these jobs coming open, you want the best man for the job. You don't want who's left over. Maybe they won't come here after the end of the season.
ROFL. The chances of Tuberville or Tedford leaving Auburn or Cal midseason are about the same as Rupaul's chances of scoring a date with IHStangFan.

JR2004
10-16-2007, 09:41 PM
ROFL. The chances of Tuberville or Tedford leaving Auburn or Cal midseason are about the same as Rupaul's chances of scoring a date with IHStangFan.

LOL...

GoStafford
10-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
I heard that they already agreed on a buyout but weren't sure when he was going to resign 8-10 million dollar buy out, essentially paying him the full amount of his per year salary through 2012. Pretty high payout if you ask me.

Tedford on T+2

big daddy russ
10-16-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by GoStafford
8-10 million dollar buy out, essentially paying him the full amount of his per year salary through 2012. Pretty high payout if you ask me.

Tedford on T+2
He won't get paid the full buyout, especially not after all this NCAA stuff. They're saying A&M might get off without without paying him anything.