PDA

View Full Version : Oh the bitter irony...

Maroon87
10-16-2007, 12:12 PM
The Astros make a terrible trade and the team they made the trade with goes to the World Series the very next year...:doh:

rangerjim
10-16-2007, 12:50 PM
The Cubs will be calling Houston shortly.....................

Maroon87
10-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
The Cubs will be calling Houston shortly.....................

The mojo isn't THAT strong...;)

necks_c/09
10-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Terrible trade anyway u look at it for the astros....

Prolly one of the worst trades in astros history

DaHop72
10-16-2007, 04:11 PM
How about this one?

Although Joe Morgan played with distinction with Houston, the Astros wanted more power in their lineup. As a result, they traded Morgan to the Cincinnati Reds as part of a blockbuster multi-player deal on November 29, 1971, announced at baseball's winter meetings. While the Astros got power-hitting Lee May, the deal is now considered one of the most one-sided trades in baseball history. To this day, it is considered an epoch-making deal for Cincinnati. Included in the deal to the Reds were Cesar Geronimo (who became their regular center fielder) and Jack Billingham, who soon joined the Reds pitching rotation as a leading starter.

necks_c/09
10-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
How about this one?

Although Joe Morgan played with distinction with Houston, the Astros wanted more power in their lineup. As a result, they traded Morgan to the Cincinnati Reds as part of a blockbuster multi-player deal on November 29, 1971, announced at baseball's winter meetings. While the Astros got power-hitting Lee May, the deal is now considered one of the most one-sided trades in baseball history. To this day, it is considered an epoch-making deal for Cincinnati. Included in the deal to the Reds were Cesar Geronimo (who became their regular center fielder) and Jack Billingham, who soon joined the Reds pitching rotation as a leading starter. i dont appreciate my quote being in ur sig...

whats so great about that quote....?

Maroon87
10-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
How about this one?

Although Joe Morgan played with distinction with Houston, the Astros wanted more power in their lineup. As a result, they traded Morgan to the Cincinnati Reds as part of a blockbuster multi-player deal on November 29, 1971, announced at baseball's winter meetings. While the Astros got power-hitting Lee May, the deal is now considered one of the most one-sided trades in baseball history. To this day, it is considered an epoch-making deal for Cincinnati. Included in the deal to the Reds were Cesar Geronimo (who became their regular center fielder) and Jack Billingham, who soon joined the Reds pitching rotation as a leading starter.

Basically the Astros gave birth to the Big Red Machine with that trade...:doh:

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2007, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
It might not be "great", but it is quite funny. :devil: :devil:

sinton66
10-16-2007, 04:28 PM
i dont appreciate my quote being in ur sig...

You're kidding right? You WON a spelling bee then mispelled everything else in the sentence.:doh:

necks_c/09
10-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
It might not be "great", but it is quite funny. :devil: :devil: why is that funny?

i did win one?

what yall think i cant spell b/c i dont take time time to spell out everything......?

I abr. everything and use slang on the board....

but i can spell if i want to....

necks_c/09
10-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
You're kidding right? You WON a spelling bee then mispelled everything else in the sentence.:doh: I have already proven that I can spell; I just don't take the time to spell out everything correctly like I did in this post.

I never do, and probably never will.

GWOOD
10-16-2007, 04:37 PM
I have already proven that I can spell; I just don't take the time to spell out everything correctly like I did in this post.

I never do, and probably never will.

LOL. It's still a funny quote. You don't see the humor in claiming to have won a spelling bee but misspelling a couple of words in that sentence.:D

GWOOD
10-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
The Astros make a terrible trade and the team they made the trade with goes to the World Series the very next year...:doh:

I guess you are talking about the Taveras trade? Who all was involved in that trade?

necks_c/09
10-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
I guess you are talking about the Taveras trade? Who all was involved in that trade? Taveras, Hirsh, Buchholz

For Jennings and a ML reliever

Maroon87
10-16-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by GWOOD
I guess you are talking about the Taveras trade? Who all was involved in that trade?

Taveras, Jason Hirsch, and Taylor Buchholz to the Rox for Jason Jennings.

GWOOD
10-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
... to the Rox for Jason Jennings.

What???...2-9, 6.45 ERA is not good enough for you?

Tough crowd!

j/k:D

Buccaneer
10-16-2007, 04:56 PM
I saw where the Astros released Eric Munson. He was picked up by Milwaukee already. I know they were catcher heavy. Biut it was quantity not quality. I guess they are counting on Towles to take over.

Maroon87
10-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
I saw where the Astros released Eric Munson. He was picked up by Milwaukee already. I know they were catcher heavy. Biut it was quantity not quality. I guess they are counting on Towles to take over.

Definitely. If Ausmus comes back next year they've already told him he's the backup to Towles. Sucks for Munson though. I always thought he was pretty good.

burnet44
10-16-2007, 04:59 PM
why is that funny?

i did win one?
what yall think i cant spell b/c i dont take time time to spell out everything......?

I abr. everything and use slang on the board....
but i can spell if i want to....

I didnt win one
but i feel your pain lol