PDA

View Full Version : How Many.........

RedWhiteBlue
10-16-2007, 10:14 AM
of you get to have a District kick-off bash in your Walmart Super Center parking lot? We did that last night!!!! Pretty uptown and fun!!! You big city folk do not know what you are missing..........

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 10:15 AM
How many 3A cities have a Walmart Supercenter????

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 10:15 AM
we do.

luvhoops34
10-16-2007, 10:16 AM
What all did they do?

Bull19
10-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03

sealy is the only one that comes to mind right now for me,,,im sure more will follow after i read them from somebody else's post

RedWhiteBlue
10-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Introduced the volleyball and football teams. Both head coaches spoke. They had the radio show folks there. The booster club sold food and tshirt, what-nots. The cheerleaders did their thing. I guess kind of a mini-pep rally........ but it was good for moral on a week off.

pirate4state
10-16-2007, 10:21 AM
That sounds pretty cool. We usually do this type of thing before the season starts, but we do it at the school.

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 10:23 AM
I always thought that a Wal-Mart was a rite of passage bestowed upon a city as it leaves 3A and heads to 4A...

RedWhiteBlue
10-16-2007, 10:24 AM
I think it is a great idea, even if you don't have a Supercenter and especially if you have an off week like we do. My 8th grader does play tonight- so we are not 'totally' off, but you know what I mean. At least varsity doesn't go the whole week with nothing.... plus it is a moral booster for district (eventhough we started last week).

44INAROW
10-16-2007, 10:26 AM
We have our "citywide" pep rally's at TrustTexas Bank's parking lot :)

luvhoops34
10-16-2007, 10:33 AM
Pleasanton has a super wal mart and they are 3A! :D

As does Raymondville. And West Oso has one, too. Of couse, they are in Corpus. But they do have a wal mart!

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 10:34 AM
raymondville's wal mart has good pizza at 6 in the morning

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue

They have pizza pre-baked???? Dude! I want a Wal-Mart like that around!

luvhoops34
10-16-2007, 10:39 AM

I usually stop there on my way to Brownsville. It's right on 281 on the south bound side. And lots less crowded than the one in BrownTown. :D

rangerjim
10-16-2007, 10:43 AM
How many 3a schools have a Super Wally and a Starbucks? Decatur for one..........

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by rangerjim
How many 3a schools have a Super Wally and a Starbucks? Decatur for one..........

sounds like Decatur might be heading 4A next realignment :devil:

Are these parties/rallies sponsored by Wal-Mart, radio stations, or just paid for by the district???

44INAROW
10-16-2007, 10:46 AM

they have a coffee pot at the Tiger Tote at 183/87 in Cuero.. does that count? :D

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I usually stop there on my way to Brownsville. It's right on 281 on the south bound side. And lots less crowded than the one in BrownTown. :D brownsville....yck

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 10:55 AM
I would imagine Wakeland being a Frisco school has just about everything including a Dave & Busters.

Just being sarcastic! Other than Dave & Busters Wylie has just about everything also being in Abilene. Personally, of all the 3A towns that I've actully been to, I would say that Decatur is one of the neatest 3A towns I have visited except for the outcome of the football game that particular night.

Fal44
10-16-2007, 10:57 AM
we have walmart express... :D

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2007, 11:01 AM
I always thought that a Wal-Mart was a rite of passage bestowed upon a city as it leaves 3A and heads to 4A...

We have one. We'll never be 4A again. Well, not unless they
find a three billion gallon pocket of oil underneath our court house.:(

BullFrog Dad
10-16-2007, 11:06 AM
How many 3a schools have a Super Wally and a Starbucks? Decatur for one.......... Lake Worth, Game Over!

burnet44
10-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Wasnt Hearne's Wal-Mart closed?
any others?

The company has rarely closed a store. It has 1,547 stores, of which Texas has 231, more than any other state. In the 45 years since Wal-Mart was founded, Mr. Shinkle said, only half a dozen stores have closed. At the end of October 1991, the company announced that the Hearne store would become one of those half dozen.

luvhoops34
10-16-2007, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
any others?

The company has rarely closed a store. It has 1,547 stores, of which Texas has 231, more than any other state. In the 45 years since Wal-Mart was founded, Mr. Shinkle said, only half a dozen stores have closed. At the end of October 1991, the company announced that the Hearne store would become one of those half dozen.

Wal Mart closed the store in Robstown, but I'm not sure why. Maybe because they built a super center at 5 points.

pirate4state
10-16-2007, 11:33 AM
LMAO Sinton's Wal-Mart was closed :doh: :doh:

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Wal Mart closed the store in Robstown, but I'm not sure why. Maybe because they built a super center at 5 points.

Wasn't it closed due to wholesale shop lifting by the employees
or am I thinking of a completely different one?

pirate4state
10-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
or am I thinking of a completely different one? You are probably thinking of Sinton's. That was the rumor anyway :eek: :o I wasn't living here at the time.

RedWhiteBlue
10-16-2007, 11:51 AM
sounds like Decatur might be heading 4A next realignment :devil:

Are these parties/rallies sponsored by Wal-Mart, radio stations, or just paid for by the district???
It was hosted by our booster club, but it just so happened that ourr Walmart manager has a kid who plays........

luvhoops34
10-16-2007, 11:54 AM
or am I thinking of a completely different one?

Well that was the rumor about the Robstown Wal Mart, but I wasn't going to say that.:o

STANG RED
10-16-2007, 11:57 AM

Sweetwater has one, but it is a bit of a scaled down version. Wouldnt have one I'm sure if it wasnt for being on I20 though. Heck we even have a Tractor Supply right next to it.
And I hear we're fixing to get an Arby's somewhere out on the Interstate.:( Wish it was a Long Johns with an A&W attached instead. Oh well.

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Well that was the rumor about the Robstown Wal Mart, but I wasn't going to say that.:o

The only reason I mentioned it was I remember their being a
thread about it.......last year?:thinking:

sinton66
10-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
You are probably thinking of Sinton's. That was the rumor anyway :eek: :o I wasn't living here at the time.

That was supposedly the reason behind closing both Sinton and Robstown's.

RedWhiteBlue
10-16-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Sweetwater has one, but it is a bit of a scaled down version. Wouldnt have one I'm sure if it wasnt for being on I20 though. Heck we even have a Tractor Supply right next to it.
And I hear we're fixing to get an Arby's somewhere out on the Interstate.:( Wish it was a Long Johns with an A&W attached instead. Oh well.
I would love to have an Arby's !!!!!!

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2007, 12:03 PM

I heard LJS was coming to Sweetwater after the huge response
it received from their two test runs. Is that not true?:(

AP Panther Fan
10-16-2007, 12:05 PM
We have a small, Super Walmart, but no Starbucks.:(

1/2 of our "old" Walmart building just opened up as a Tractor Supply, not sure what they are going to do with the rest of the building though.

STANG RED
10-16-2007, 12:08 PM
I heard LJS was coming to Sweetwater after the huge response
it received from their two test runs. Is that not true?:(

Not officially yet, but I think it's still being looked at and considered. I sure hope so. Theres still lots of great locations out on I20 for several more restaurants. Keep your fingers crossed.

RedWhiteBlue
10-16-2007, 03:25 PM
We are supposed to be getting one of those little strip malls across from Walmart- that has been the rumor for a year. Well they started the construction this year....... talked to the manager at the Hibbett's Sports store in Abilene and he says he has been offered the job to manage the store in Graham- which is awesome! I will believe it when it opens......

necks_c/09
10-16-2007, 03:33 PM
How many 3A cities have a Walmart Supercenter???? not a supercenter, but a walmart....

we got one

RedWhiteBlue
10-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Excuse me, but ours would be a Supercenter- thank you!!! A small one, but it is SUPER......

necks_c/09
10-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by RedWhiteBlue
Excuse me, but ours would be a Supercenter- thank you!!! A small one, but it is SUPER...... are u talkin to me?

Ours is not a SC, i dont think

(the on in wc)

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
are u talkin to me?

Is that your DeNiro impression?:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2007, 03:51 PM
We have a "super" convenience store.

RedWhiteBlue
10-16-2007, 03:57 PM
are u talkin to me?

Ours is not a SC, i dont think

(the on in wc)
That would be you.... and if that was a DeNiro impression- I didn't get it without the whole crooked mouth thing!

AP Panther Fan
10-16-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Cuero has a "super" convenience store too. What is the name of that one on Hwy 183 just south of town? It is probably the nicest convenience store I have ever seen.

RedWhiteBlue
10-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Plus, I think it is so SUPER because I have never even lived in a town with a Walmart or stop light for that matter..... it is pretty dang Super to me.......

buff4life
10-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
That sounds pretty cool. We usually do this type of thing before the season starts, but we do it at the school.

yea..we have it at the football field before either season starts...

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2007, 04:01 PM
Have you ever seen a thread get so far off topic that you have
to go back to the original post to see what it was about to
begin with?:thinking: :D

AP Panther Fan
10-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Have you ever seen a thread get so far off topic that you have
to go back to the original post to see what it was about to
begin with?:thinking: :D

yeah, well I still want to know the name of the convenience store in Cuero...:D

necks_c/09
10-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Is that your DeNiro impression?:thinking: no, i just wanted to know if RWB was referring to me...

And it doesnt get any simpler than "are you talkin to me?"

lol

RedWhiteBlue
10-16-2007, 04:07 PM
no, i just wanted to know if RWB was referring to me...

lol
No one can say that without me thinking of him- I don't know why???? It is like the girl on Caddyshack, "Tanks for 'nuttin.", or "It's me again Margaret". I actually thought it was funny.
But yes, we have gotten off topic.

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2007, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
yeah, well I still want to know the name of the convenience store in Cuero...:D

I was refering to all of us. Myself included.:D

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2007, 04:23 PM
no, i just wanted to know if RWB was referring to me...

lol

That's a quote from the movie Taxi Driver. That was way
before your time. Heck, it's almost before my time and I'm 36.:D

necks_c/09
10-16-2007, 04:25 PM
That's a quote from the movie Taxi Driver. That was way
before your time. Heck, it's almost before my time and I'm 36.:D yep WAY b4 my time....

lol ur the same age as my mom.....lol

thats funny

no offense....

STANG RED
10-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

There are a lot of new Town & Country convenience stores popping up around this part of the country that are pretty super. Always very nice and clean. Great places to stop after ballgames for all your favorite junk foods and vein clogging fried items.
We dont have one in Sweetwater though.:(

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2007, 04:38 PM
There are a lot of new Town & Country convenience stores popping up around this part of the country that are pretty super. Always very nice and clean. Great places to stop after ballgames for all your favorite junk foods and vein clogging fried items.

I was so looking forward to 7-eleven replacing Skinny's. It turns
out all they did was change the signs.:(

Bull19
10-16-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
any others?

isnt the old wal-mart now hearne's high school???

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
I'm 36.:D

Then you're almost a Man! :D :D :D

luvhoops34
10-16-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
we have walmart express... :D

Dude, y'all have an old school wal mart.
I know, I shopped there for the better part of a year. :(

RedWhiteBlue
10-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Ok, is it just me or is the new store WAY nastier than the old Skinnnys???????

Emerson1
10-16-2007, 06:29 PM
No a walmart just means you are better then all the surrounding towns.

A chic fi la and starbucks means you are big time now.

burnet44
10-16-2007, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
isnt the old wal-mart now hearne's high school???

hope not
no that would be ........... lol

KTJ
10-16-2007, 06:39 PM

Gainesville as well.

But G'ville isn't going back to 4A for another 6-8 years.

Emerson1
10-16-2007, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Gainesville as well.

But G'ville isn't going back to 4A for another 6-8 years.
Technically it isn't a 3a town though since there is another school.

RedWhiteBlue
10-17-2007, 09:00 AM
yep WAY b4 my time....

lol ur the same age as my mom.....lol

thats funny

no offense....
Watch it, squirt!!!!!

BullFrog Dad
10-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
A chic fi la and starbucks means you are big time now. Lake Worth's big time! Don't forget Applebee's, Chili's, and Friday's!

lakers
10-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Lake Worth's big time! Don't forget Applebee's, Chili's, and Friday's! Yeah but when I go through that area I cant tell where one town ends and the other begins... Might as well be one big town...

BullFrog Dad
10-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by lakers
Yeah but when I go through that area I cant tell where one town ends and the other begins... The LW tax office knows!

lakers
10-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
The LW tax office knows!
I went through there last weekend when I was visiting some friends and family in Fort Worth and the only reason I knew I was in Lake Worth was because I drove over the lake and the sign said "Lake Worth".
Otherwise I would have probably thought I was in Arlington or something. lol

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Our "super" convenience store is actually a small grocery store.....no gas. They have the basics at a higher price, for the most part. They do have a good meat dept with pretty decent prices. I pick up stuff from time to time, but for my standard grocery "shopping" (feeding 4 - TWO teenage boys), I couldn't afford it.

rundoe
10-17-2007, 11:58 AM

LOTS

rundoe
10-17-2007, 12:08 PM

gag