PDA

View Full Version : Quincy Carter

burnet44
10-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Quincy Carter Hits Bottom Again

Once again our Arena League II fantasy team has been thrown into disarray with the news that Quincy Carter has been arrested on drug-related charges. As you know, Carter most recently played for the AFL's minor league Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings, but now resides in the Caddo Correctional Center in Louisiana after police found marijauna in his possession during a traffic stop. Of all the rotten luck. Carter was my favorite player in the AFII, although my favorite team remains the Alabama Steel Dogs.

The former Dallas Cowboys quarterback, whose full name is Lavonya Quintelle Carter, 29, was booked into the Shreveport City Jail just before 4 a.m. on one count of second offense possession of marijuana. A 911 caller told police a man at the Circle K convenience store at the corner of Youree Drive and Southfield Road in Broadmoor was selling drugs, police spokeswoman Kacee Hargrave said.

Substance abuse problems led to Carter's being released from the Cowboys in 2004; when you're benched for Vinny Testaverde, that's a pretty good bet. Carter then went to the Jets and spent a year in the Canadian Football League before landing with the Battle Wings, which had ended their season in August. So how does one go from being the heir apparent to Troy Aikman to being arrested at a Circle K in Shreveport in just six years? Evidently it isn't hard.

Fal44
10-16-2007, 10:06 AM
blah! at least he took the boys to the cowboys.

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 10:11 AM
He was 10-6 in his last season as an NFL starter. :(

luvhoops34
10-16-2007, 10:42 AM
I didn't know he was playing arena football.:(

GreenMonster
10-16-2007, 10:43 AM
This guy is just a full blooded loser that's all. Seriously, he threw away one of the most prestigious jobs in all of professional sports (QB of the Cows) for his crack pipe and a sandwich bag of herb. Poor choices lead to poorer choices which lead to the gutter.

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
I didn't know he was playing arena football.:(

ha...he wasn't...he was playing arena2...that's the equivalent of the AFL's minor leagues...

westtxfballfan
10-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Pic of Carter with Steve Martin in better times.

http://members.aol.com/aleong1631/bowfinger2.gif

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
a sandwich bag of herb. :clap:

burnet44
10-16-2007, 11:19 AM
Jerrys pic as the next Troy
good job Jerry

http://deadspin.com/assets/resources/2007/10/quincycarter.jpg