PDA

View Full Version : ESPN is Stupid

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 09:30 AM
According to them....

A few weeks ago the Giants were on the verge of collapse
Now they are one of the best teams in the NFC

Those guys jump on and off bandwagons faster than I do.

[changed title... slpybear]

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 09:30 AM
sad thing is, they're right...the NFC is so bad that you can be on the verge of a total meltdown and a month later be one of the best teams in the conference.

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
According to them....

I agree with both points

I do think if they lost to the Skins the season would have tanked

and I do think they are one of the better teams in the NFC

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 09:32 AM
Who are the elite teams in the NFC this year?

1. Cowboys
????

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by crzyjournalist03
sad thing is, they're right...the NFC is so bad that you can be on the verge of a total meltdown and a month later be one of the best teams in the conference.

Honestly..that is all of the NFL

For all the talk of the AFC being better..it is at the TOP, but from top to bottom, IMO not alot of difference

look at SD, verge of collapse, now 3-3 and in first in the west

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2007, 09:36 AM

1. Cowboys
????

Until we see how Dallas survives that 3 game NFC East swing comng up I dont think we can call them an elite team yet

Win 4 of the next 5 they are elite..go 3-2, they are good, go 2-3 or worse and they are average

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Until we see how Dallas survives that 3 game NFC East swing comng up I dont think we can call them an elite team yet

Win 4 of the next 5 they are elite..go 3-2, they are good, go 2-3 or worse and they are average true

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 09:39 AM

1. Cowboys
????

exactly...

1. Cowboys
2. Packers
3. Take your pick: Giants, Bucs, Panthers, Lions, Redskins, Seahawks...

3afan
10-16-2007, 09:40 AM
sad thing is, they're right ...

yep

sahen
10-16-2007, 09:43 AM
Honestly..that is all of the NFL

For all the talk of the AFC being better..it is at the TOP, but from top to bottom, IMO not alot of difference

look at SD, verge of collapse, now 3-3 and in first in the west

yah the Cowboys, the only elite team of the NFC (maybe Packers can challenge them but probably not) looked like world beaters against those salty Buffalo Bills last week....we all know the Bills are a great AFC team....:rolleyes:

Seriously, I think both division are equally competitive the problem is the AFC is one notch above the NFC....The Cowboys could play and win teh AFC in half the divisions but they wouldnt win the other 2.....The rest of the NFC wouldnt win any of the divisions....

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by sahen
yah the Cowboys, the only elite team of the NFC (maybe Packers can challenge them but probably not) looked like world beaters against those salty Buffalo Bills last week....we all know the Bills are a great AFC team....:rolleyes:

scoreboard dude....

'nuff said

sahen
10-16-2007, 09:46 AM
scoreboard dude....

'nuff said

that was my point, dude...one of the bad AFC teams and the Cowboys barely squeaked by....he was saying the bad AFC teams are equal to the bad NFC teams...the bad NFC teams cant hold the Cowboys jock, that bad AFC team shouldve beat the Cowboys, but the poitn was it was a competitive close game....

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 09:47 AM
sahen....it's the NFL. Each team consist of the best players in the world and anything can happen at anytime.

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 09:48 AM
that was my point, dude...one of the bad AFC teams and the Cowboys barely squeaked by....he was saying the bad AFC teams are equal to the bad NFC teams...the bad NFC teams cant hold the Cowboys jock, that bad AFC team shouldve beat the Cowboys, but the poitn was it was a competitive close game....

close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades...play the game again, and the Cowboys might take it 52-0. Play the Rams again, and St. Louis might make it a tight contest.

I seriously doubt that Buffalo would beat St. Louis if they played head to head.

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 09:50 AM
On a side note about the NFL.

The Browns need to go back to sucking again so the Cowboys can get a high draft pick.

JasperDog94
10-16-2007, 09:52 AM

The Browns need to go back to sucking again so the Cowboys can get a high draft pick. Word.

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 09:53 AM

The Browns need to go back to sucking again so the Cowboys can get a high draft pick.

seriously...this parity crap sucks...if Derek Anderson doesn't get injured soon, the Cowboys might be looking at a draft pick around 15!

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2007, 09:54 AM

One game does not decide how good the bottom of one conference is compared to top of other

If that is the case..Atlanta took Tennesee to the wire and should have at least tied it, and Atlanta is bottom of NFC Titans are at least middle of the pack of the AFC

And my point was yes at the top the AFC is better...But from top to bottom, the AFC and NFC are not as different as people think

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 09:56 AM
The bad news for Cowboys fans:

Cleveland plays St. Louis this weekend.

The good news for Cowboys fans:

They could easily go on a 0-4 slide after that game.

DaHop72
10-16-2007, 09:56 AM

Those guys jump on and off bandwagons faster than I do. http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gifhttp://img240.imageshack.us/img240/5809/roflsmiliemn4.gif

sahen
10-16-2007, 09:58 AM

If that is the case..Atlanta took Tennesee to the wire and should have at least tied it, and Atlanta is bottom of NFC Titans are at least middle of the pack of the AFC

when any team loses their starting QB it pretty much changes the complexion of a game, esp. when your starting QB is someone like Vince Young....i have to go work, but im sure i 'll be back later to argue more if this thread is still going on....

Txbroadcaster
10-16-2007, 10:00 AM
when any team loses their starting QB it pretty much changes the complexion of a game, esp. when your starting QB is someone like Vince Young....i have to go work, but im sure i 'll be back later to argue more if this thread is still going on....

Young was not hurt in the Atlanta game..he got hurt in the TB game this past week

Fal44
10-16-2007, 10:10 AM
seriously...this parity crap sucks...if Derek Anderson doesn't get injured soon, the Cowboys might be looking at a draft pick around 15!

I concur.

Maroon87
10-16-2007, 11:24 AM
According to them....

[changed title... slpybear]

That's because they're the NEW YORK Giants. If they were the Jacksonville Giants ESPN wouldn't care. How many times did they jump on and off the Yankee bandwagon this year? I seriously lost count. They're aiming to keep the interest of the largest group of fans possible, whether there's really anything to report on those teams or not. IMO they've become the TV version of the New York Post.

sahen
10-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Young was not hurt in the Atlanta game..he got hurt in the TB game this past week

oh...my mistake, i wasnt thinking at all right there...

themsu97
10-16-2007, 12:56 PM
doesn't matter if VY played or not...
Again, VY is good, but he is not all that, only here in Texas do we make a big deal out of him...
this year, he is average at best... thier o line and defense is outstanding... they have been carrying the Titans... Bush has been average at best as has been Mario WIlliams... last years draft may have turned out to be nothing special except for the Jags, who achieved the steal in Jones-Drew