PDA

View Full Version : Freakin Tornado!

IHStangFan
10-16-2007, 01:35 AM
so the wife and I lay down last night for bed. We were getting alot or heavy rain and some wind (probably 20+mph) when all of the sudden I hear a rumble, then I hear the wind totally change directions...i.e. it was hitting the front of the house and then all of the sudden it shifts to the other side of the house instantly. I look outside and a tree in the yard is bent over basically to the ground. About this time I hear a large crash. My first thought is that my neighbor's barn roof has come off. I run and get my spotlight...shine it out across the back yard...and notice ..."hey..thats my tool box...and my dog carrier...CRAP!!! THAT STUFF WAS IN THE SHED!!! Freakin tornado had taken my shed and flung it across the property and slammed it into the trees just behind my neighbor's barn. It was reduced to about the size of an crushed beer can. Lucky for me it missed my neighbor's barn!! I'll try to get some pics of it tomorrow as I'm cleaning it up. What a night.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-16-2007, 02:27 AM
Well, just be glad that you and your wife are still doing alright, that's more important than anything.

Ranger Mom
10-16-2007, 08:23 AM
Your dog wasn't in the carrier..was it??:p

Glad you and your wife are safe!!

Butkus
10-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Glad u and ur loved ones r safe.

AP Panther Fan
10-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Your dog wasn't in the carrier..was it??:p

Glad you and your wife are safe!!

I just got a visual of The Wizard of Oz. Remember when the house was twirling around in the tornado, Dorothy looks outside and sees the Wicked Witch on the bicycle with Toto?:eek:

Barrett, glad y'all are safe and I hope the clean up isn't too bad. I know how many toys you have, so it sounds like you got pretty lucky.

44INAROW
10-16-2007, 08:49 AM
Glad you'll are OK -

DaHop72
10-16-2007, 08:54 AM
Wow Barrett, thankfully everyone is safe.

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Well, just be glad that you and your wife are still doing alright, that's more important than anything. x2

luvhoops34
10-16-2007, 08:56 AM
That's scarey stuff. Glad y'all are ok. Post some pics!

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I just got a visual of The Wizard of Oz. Remember when the house was twirling around in the tornado, Dorothy looks outside and sees the Wicked Witch on the bicycle with Toto?:eek:

:foul: :foul: Great! Now that little song thingy is going to be stuck in my head the next few hours.

I'm glad you & the Mrs. are okay!

luvhoops34
10-16-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:foul: :foul: Great! Now that little song thingy is going to be stuck in my head the next few hours.

I'm glad you & the Mrs. are okay!

Which one? "I'm off to see the wizard, the wonderful Wizard of OZ"

44INAROW
10-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

!

put Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" on and sit back and enjoy the show :D

Crow22
10-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
so the wife and I lay down last night for bed. We were getting alot or heavy rain and some wind (probably 20+mph) when all of the sudden I hear a rumble, then I hear the wind totally change directions...i.e. it was hitting the front of the house and then all of the sudden it shifts to the other side of the house instantly. I look outside and a tree in the yard is bent over basically to the ground. About this time I hear a large crash. My first thought is that my neighbor's barn roof has come off. I run and get my spotlight...shine it out across the back yard...and notice ..."hey..thats my tool box...and my dog carrier...CRAP!!! THAT STUFF WAS IN THE SHED!!! Freakin tornado had taken my shed and flung it across the property and slammed it into the trees just behind my neighbor's barn. It was reduced to about the size of an crushed beer can. Lucky for me it missed my neighbor's barn!! I'll try to get some pics of it tomorrow as I'm cleaning it up. What a night.

I'm pretty sure there wasn't a tornado last night in Needville. Heavy winds, yes, but no tornado. Glad you're ok though.

pirate4state
10-16-2007, 09:12 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: wow - I'm glad you & the wife are okay!! it could have been alot worse, thank goodness it wasn't. :) Good luck with the clean up.

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Which one? "I'm off to see the wizard, the wonderful Wizard of OZ"
No, the "duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nur" one.

GreenMonster
10-16-2007, 09:39 AM
"We represent the lollipop guild, the lollipop guild, the lollipop guild."

IHStangFan
10-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Crow22
I'm pretty sure there wasn't a tornado last night in Needville. Heavy winds, yes, but no tornado. Glad you're ok though. I live in Guy....and yes...there was a tornado. Didn't touch down...but there was one.

IHStangFan
10-16-2007, 12:14 PM
thanks everyone :)