PDA

View Full Version : Official Re-Alignment Enrollment Date is Next Week

Milk That Cow
10-15-2007, 11:07 PM
I think it's on the 25th or 26th...

Whatever enrollment your high school has on that date is the number that will be used for February's Re-Alignment....

It would be good if we could get a Post that shows what schools will use as their Number...

Snydertigersrul
10-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow

Whatever enrollment your high school has on that date is the number that will be used for February's Re-Alignment....

It would be good if we could get a Post that shows what schools will use as their Number...

The deadline usually is on a Friday

Ranger Mom
10-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Is this something that is released to the general public?

How do you find it out?

JR2004
10-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

How do you find it out?

Can't that stuff be obtained through the Freedom of Information Act?

burnet44
10-15-2007, 11:20 PM
last time

1A 0-195
2A 196-415
3A 416-900
4A 900-2180?
5A 2180+

Snydertigersrul
10-15-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

How do you find it out?

You could file a FOI request, but I believe it would have to be to each individual school, but most schools would tell you their enrollment anyway without going to that much trouble.

burnet44
10-15-2007, 11:30 PM
numbers aint the real deal
its who they put you with

3afan
10-16-2007, 06:48 AM
let the speculating begin .........

Aesculus gilmus
10-16-2007, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by burnet44
last time

1A 0-195
2A 196-415
3A 416-900
4A 900-2180?
5A 2180+

Last time, the max enrolllment for 3A was 949.

950 and above was 4A.

http://www.texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=606

kaorder1999
10-16-2007, 07:24 AM
schools usually arent afraid to let their number be known. But sometimes, by the time the February realignment rolls around that number has changed for some odd reason!

firstdown
10-16-2007, 07:26 AM
I think Argyle is moving back to 2A jk :D I think our numbers are in the mid 600's.

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 07:27 AM
Wonder if Abiline Wylie will be 3a once again :D

Johnny 5
10-16-2007, 07:28 AM
32-3A

La Feria: 821
Hidalgo: 810
Port Isabel: 703
Rio Hondo: 651
Progreso: 486

31-3A

Zapata: 865
Raymondville: 681
Falfurrias: 516
San Diego: 449
Lyford: 435

Edit: If you go to your local school district's central ofice, they have a booklet which tells you the enrollment figures for every single school in the state of TX. They usually have alot of copies, and will not hesitate to let you look at one or take one.

3afan
10-16-2007, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue

of course, same way Highland Park will stay in 4A !!!

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Strictly a guess on my part, but I believe we're between 700-750.

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Johnny 5

Edit: If you go to your local school district's central ofice, they have a booklet which tells you the enrollment figures for every single school in the state of TX. They usually have alot of copies, and will not hesitate to let you look at one or take one.
The enrollment figures are also on the UIL website. :)

HippoBaseball05
10-16-2007, 08:26 AM
....our Counselor stated that Hutto now has 1,027 students.

:(

Apparently there has been a ton of move-ins from Round Rock and Pflugerville since the last re-alignment....

Dogman_1969
10-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Dang LH Mom I thought you guys were above that. I would have sworn you had that many suited up last Friday night.....

Good luck the rest of the way......

LH Panther Mom
10-16-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by Dogman_1969
Dang LH Mom I thought you guys were above that. I would have sworn you had that many suited up last Friday night.....

Good luck the rest of the way......
LOL! We have a good participation rate.

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
of course, same way Highland Park will stay in 4A !!!

This is one of my favorite topics!

Black_Magic
10-16-2007, 08:50 AM
Time for Wylie to ship out a few students for a week. or maybe a flew epidemic.;)

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Time for Wylie to ship out a few students for a week. or maybe a flew epidemic.;)

I think the flu bug is coming this time.

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 08:51 AM
LOL! We have a good participation rate. Not as good as Celina's :hand:

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Not as good as Celina's :hand:

I would be willing to bet the Wylie's participation ratio is as good as anybody's at the 3A level. This isn't 100% accurate but it will be between 37% and 40% of the boys in school participate

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Steve Freeman used current enrollment numbers in his pre-game
pep talk before the Copperas Cove game. Here's a loose quote...

"I don't want to hear anything about David and Goliath. We
know we have 3A numbers and Copperas Cove has 5A numbers.
Let's go out there and win this thing."

Note: Steve Freeman is the HC of the 4A Brownwood Lions. This
game was last week when they knocked off #1 C. Cove in the
DQ game of the week.

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I would be willing to bet the Wylie's participation ratio is as good as anybody's at the 3A level. This isn't 100% accurate but it will be between 37% and 40% of the boys in school participate That is because they have double any 3a's enrollment :D

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 10:20 AM
That is because they have double any 3a's enrollment :D

This may be the dumbest statement I've ever read. Enrollment has absolutely NOTHING to do with participation ratios or percentages. If fact, it's even more impressive for larger schools who have high participation percentages than it is for smaller schools.

Example: If a 5A school of 3000 had 37% of the male population play they would have 550 boys playing football. *This is unheard of!!!!!

if a 3A school of 500 had 37% of the male population play they would have 92 boys playing football. *This probably happens!!!!!!

(These numbers are based on each school being 50/50 boy to girl ratio) Not sure Go Blue would understand.

Old Tiger
10-16-2007, 10:23 AM
This may be the dumbest statement I've ever read. Enrollment has absolutely NOTHING to do with participation ratios or percentages. If fact, it's even more impressive for larger schools who have high participation percentages than it is for smaller schools.

Example: If a 5A school of 3000 had 37% of the male population play they would have 550 boys playing football. *This is unheard of!!!!!

if a 3A school of 500 had 37% of the male population play they would have 92 boys playing football. *This probably happens!!!!!!

(These numbers are based on each school being 50/50 boy to girl ratio) Not sure Go Blue would understand. You wrote this whole educated post about a post that wasn't serious and all sarcasm. Congratulations.

gatordaze
10-16-2007, 10:23 AM
I would be willing to bet the Wylie's participation ratio is as good as anybody's at the 3A level. This isn't 100% accurate but it will be between 37% and 40% of the boys in school participate

Celina has 256 boys in high school and started the season with 135 in football.

Ray_BearKat
10-16-2007, 10:31 AM
32-3A

31-3A

This is from the last realignment so these are definitely going to change...

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by gatordaze
Celina has 256 boys in high school and started the season with 135 in football.

Know this is impressive! Probably not to be outdone.

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 10:34 AM
You wrote this whole educated post about a post that wasn't serious and all sarcasm. Congratulations.

From the comment I read on the other thread about your short term memory I figured you needed some help.

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 10:58 AM
Houston Kashmere had 642 students last enrollment and was 4A...what were they thinking??? I'm assuming that this has to be by request that they were 4A, but that's crazy for them to be there when half of the 3A schools are bigger!

Fal44
10-16-2007, 10:58 AM
32-3A

31-3A

it sure doesn't seem like 516 in our school.. most have dropped out.. more like 445 now...

Johnny 5
10-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Rio Hondo's is just about the same, and should stay about the same

burnet44
some schools request to play up
you can do that
with approval from
both districts
the one you are assigned to and the one you want to go to
and permission from the UIL

footballgal
Originally posted by Ray_BearKat
This is from the last realignment so these are definitely going to change...

I wonder what Hidalgo will actually report, if they decide to keep it at the 3a enrollment or not?

lakers
10-16-2007, 11:13 AM
I think it is time for Abilene Wylie to finally move up, but I doubt they will. They will give some excuse to expell some kids or get some kids to burn the school down. lol

I am guessing that Brownwood will move down to 3a which sucks because they have been dominating against 4a and 5a schools...

I know that Clyde is on the verge of becoming 2a, there current numbers are a little over 420, which is really close to the cut off...

block&tackle
10-16-2007, 11:16 AM
Ya'll are around 900 students right? So 450 boys X 40%. You guys have 180 playing football right now?

We are over 50%.

Anyway, last I heard Celina's enrollment was around 480.

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by lakers
I think it is time for Abilene Wylie to finally move up, but I doubt they will. They will give some excuse to expell some kids or get some kids to burn the school down. lol

I am guessing that Brownwood will move down to 3a which sucks because they have been dominating against 4a and 5a schools...

I know that Clyde is on the verge of becoming 2a, there current numbers are a little over 420, which is really close to the cut off...

Love to hear people Whine about Wylie and how they hide kids. It only means they really have no clue as to how the process really works and that it would be absolutley impossible to pull off a scam of this magnitude. To many people would have to be involved, not just at the local level, but at the state level. And besides, the school district recieves state $$$$$$ based on student enrollment and they would lose some serious money in the process.

And since I know that some of you are already thinking that it wouldn't hurt Wylie financially to lose some money because they have a lot of money, well I hope your sitting down for this one because this may come as a surprise to you.

Abilene Wylie is considered a Robin Hood school that recieves money from richer school districts. Wylie ISD is almost exclusively property taxes and there are very few Business that pay taxes. Business taxes are a huge portion of tax dollars taken in by the district and there just are any business in the district other than a mid-size hospital. I only bring this up because it is a rediculus arguement to begin with, especially when there is a lot of money involved.

3afan
10-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Love to hear people Whine about Wylie and how they hide kids. It only means they really have no clue as to how the process really works and that it would be absolutley impossible to pull off a scam of this magnitude. To many people would have to be involved, not just at the local level, but at the state level. And besides, the school district recieves state $$$$$$ based on student enrollment and they would lose some serious money in the process.

And since I know that some of you are already thinking that it wouldn't hurt Wylie financially to lose some money because they have a lot of money, well I hope your sitting down for this one because this may come as a surprise to you.

Abilene Wylie is considered a Robin Hood school that recieves money from richer school districts. Wylie ISD is almost exclusively property taxes and there are very few Business that pay taxes. Business taxes are a huge portion of tax dollars taken in by the district and there just are any business in the district other than a mid-size hospital. I only bring this up because it is a rediculus arguement to begin with, especially when there is a lot of money involved.

very well said ..........

gibby
10-16-2007, 11:44 AM

You can get enrollment numbers from this years Dave Cambell
magazine. I don't know how good his numbers are. If they are like
the rest of the magazine ---- about 80 20.

3afan
10-16-2007, 11:48 AM
what? the enrollment #s in DCTF come from the UIL, they don't make 'em up

Milk That Cow
10-16-2007, 12:12 PM
You can get the current enrollment numbers on this website...

They are on the Region Pages....

lakers
10-16-2007, 12:22 PM

it was just a joke, and I know that they have little money because all there community is, is housing, not many businesses...I know they pay the base minimum to their teachers which is bs because I believe teachers are underpaid extremely...
(My mom is a teacher)
I know Clyde is in the same boat but they are said to be a little more financially successfully than wylie, recently because of the windmill farm that are being put up out past the new walmart and 351..

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 12:23 PM

What website??

lakers
10-16-2007, 12:24 PM
it was just a joke, and I know that they have little money because all there community is, is housing, not many businesses...I know they pay the base minimum to their teachers which is bs because I believe teachers are underpaid extremely...
(My mom is a teacher)
I know Clyde is in the same boat but they are said to be a little more financially successfully than wylie, recently because of the windmill farm that are being put up out past the new walmart and 351..
Trust me, my mom is always talking about it... She goes to Region 14 quite often to teach teachers and they tend to gossip about all the issues...

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 12:32 PM
(My mom is a teacher)

That windmill farm will be nice for your school district financially. I aslo think that Clyde has a chance to grow in the near future. This is just my personal opinion and I have no facts to base this on but I think the state of the Abilene ISD could affect Wylie, Jim Ned, and Clyde. Heres why!

Cooper probably already has 4A numbers and Abilene High is not far from it but will more than likely stay 5A. If the school district allows Cooper to drop to 4A, I think there are a lot of people who live in the Cooper district that will move there kids to one of these communities. I have talk to people who have said that the only reason they keep their kids at Cooper up until now is because they are still 5A. If they drop, A lot of people are going to say what the heck and Wylie, Jim Ned, and Clyde will absorb these students. I think it would be a good thing for all three school districts down the road. Again, this is just my opinion.

They only thing that would keep this from happening would be if the district voted to build one big high school in the near future which is still and option, but it might still happen anyway.

Milk That Cow
10-16-2007, 12:41 PM
What website??

3A Downlow

Johnny 5
10-16-2007, 12:47 PM

Zapata has 857.5?

What is that .5?

A siamese twin that was seperated?

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 12:49 PM
Zapata has 857.5?

What is that .5?

A siamese twin that was seperated?

They take two different enrollments at random on two different days during October. They add them together and divide by 2. If the number that there dividing is an ODD # then you will have a .5 tagged to it. Doesn't sound like much, but I noticed in a couple of district where that .5 was almost the difference in being Div 1 or Div 2.

ronwx5x
10-16-2007, 12:52 PM
That windmill farm will be nice for your school district financially. I aslo think that Clyde has a chance to grow in the near future. This is just my personal opinion and I have no facts to base this on but I think the state of the Abilene ISD could affect Wylie, Jim Ned, and Clyde. Heres why!

Cooper probably already has 4A numbers and Abilene High is not far from it but will more than likely stay 5A. If the school district allows Cooper to drop to 4A, I think there are a lot of people who live in the Cooper district that will move there kids to one of these communities. I have talk to people who have said that the only reason they keep their kids at Cooper up until now is because they are still 5A. If they drop, A lot of people are going to say what the heck and Wylie, Jim Ned, and Clyde will absorb these students. I think it would be a good thing for all three school districts down the road. Again, this is just my opinion.

They only thing that would keep this from happening would be if the district voted to build one big high school in the near future which is still and option, but it might still happen anyway.
Seems like every windmill farm I have read about receives a tax abatement of several years because they are not very financially viable and costly to start up. This may not always be the case but most I've heard of pay reduced or no taxes for several years.

STANG RED
10-16-2007, 01:00 PM
(My mom is a teacher)

Most of that windfarm is in Shackelford county, so I wonder how much Clyde ISD will actually get? I bet Albany gets most of it. And the 2 of the next 3 phases are right up by Albany. But the next phase is just north of Clyde about 4 or 5 miles. They should get some or all of that. It's a 100 turbine phase called Cottonwood.

STANG RED
10-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by ronwx5x
Seems like every windmill farm I have read about receives a tax abatement of several years because they are not very financially viable and costly to start up. This may not always be the case but most I've heard of pay reduced or no taxes for several years.

This is true for the most part, just depends on the deal that was made at the time. But typically it is 5 to 10 years down the road before much real tax money is seen by ISDs, citys, and countys. Still its a good long term deal for all concerned, if the deal was worked out wisely.

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
They take two different enrollments at random on two different days during October. They add them together and divide by 2. If the number that there dividing is an ODD # then you will have a .5 tagged to it. Doesn't sound like much, but I noticed in a couple of district where that .5 was almost the difference in being Div 1 or Div 2.

and what about the ones that have .445 or something like that?

lakers
10-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Most of that windfarm is in Shackelford county, so I wonder how much Clyde ISD will actually get? I bet Albany gets most of it. And the 2 of the next 3 phases are right up by Albany. But the next phase is just north of Clyde about 4 or 5 miles. They should get some or all of that. It's a 100 turbine phase called Cottonwood.
Clyde ISD extends into Shackelford county, what used to be hamby... that is where they r being put up here lately...I know the guy that is getting them on his land, and they were supposed to go through my families ranch but the airport threw a fit because they said it was in their fly zone...It kinda ticked my dad off but o well...:)

lakers
10-16-2007, 01:42 PM

yeah i agree with u, i am wondering myself when people will start moving to the rural towns, because they are so close, smaller, and the people wouldnt have to find a new job...
Most of the people living in the rural towns work in Abilene that is why the town itself is not that developed like sweetwater or breckenridge... They r more of a community not a town to me...

18handicap
10-16-2007, 08:13 PM
The Texas Education Agency has a website in which you can look up enrollments for 2006-2007.

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/adhocrpt/adste07.html

Snydertigersrul
10-16-2007, 08:21 PM

Does the sun rise in the morning? And Highland Park also will be 4A

necks_c/09
10-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
last time

1A 0-195
2A 196-415
3A 416-900
4A 900-2180?
5A 2180+ we have like 895 i think...
boy were close to 4a.....

oh man....

Necked
10-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
we have like 895 i think...
boy were close to 4a.....

oh man....

Better take one for the team then necks_c/09 ...& drop out!:D

necks_c/09
10-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Necked
Better take one for the team then necks_c/09 ...& drop out!:D Im gonna be absent on that day....

geez

can u imagine if we had to play angleton, b port, lamarque. bay city, el campo.....

we would get hammered!!!!!

we better stay 3a

Emerson1
10-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Expect the private schools to start filling up and HP to slip back into 4a again.

Johnny 5
10-17-2007, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Expect the private schools to start filling up and HP to slip back into 4a again.

ha ha

:clap:

necks_c/09
10-17-2007, 03:22 PM
As of yesterday

Columbia HS had 855.5 Enrollment

Should still be 3a....

but were 45.5 away from 4a

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 03:25 PM
As of yesterday

Columbia HS had 855.5 Enrollment

Should still be 3a....

but were 45.5 away from 4a
You have no clue how far away from 4A you are. The 2005 # was 949 & under, 3A; 950 & up, 4A, if I'm not mistaken. No one but UIL will know what number will be the cutoff until it is announced in Feb.

necks_c/09
10-17-2007, 03:28 PM
You have no clue how far away from 4A you are. The 2005 # was 949 & under, 3A; 950 & up, 4A, if I'm not mistaken. No one but UIL will know what number will be the cutoff until it is announced in Feb. well...

i was just basing my post on what some body else posted

they said 900-2180 was 4a.... ( i think)

so thats y i put that

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 03:31 PM
well...

i was just basing my post on what some body else posted

they said 900-2180 was 4a.... ( i think)

so thats y i put that
Yeah, and someone posted the correct info later. ;) My point is no one knows what the cutoff will be. The UIL won't even know for quite a while yet. (We're ALL clueless here.... :p )

necks_c/09
10-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Yeah, and someone posted the correct info later. ;) My point is no one knows what the cutoff will be. The UIL won't even know for quite a while yet. (We're ALL clueless here.... :p ) well, i didnt read the rest of the thread...

lol

but ok...

it aint the first time i been clueless....

LH Panther Mom
10-17-2007, 03:36 PM
it aint the first time i been clueless....
Well, at least this time it's not your fault. ;)

burnet44
10-17-2007, 03:45 PM
Yeah, and someone posted the correct info later. ;) My point is no one knows what the cutoff will be. The UIL won't even know for quite a while yet. (We're ALL clueless here.... :p )

true
but it will be higher
it has never gone down
usually up 10 or so 3A and down historically
up 10-50 in 4A and 5A historically

I can tell you this
It wont be any less than last time

LEROY
10-17-2007, 05:17 PM
[list]
[3a div.2---375---575] [3a div.1---576---875] [4a div.2---876---1175] [4a div.1---1176---1500] [5a div.2---1501---2200] [5a div.1---2201 & above good luck]

necks_c/09
10-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by LEROY
[list]
[3a div.2---375---575] [3a div.1---576---875] [4a div.2---876---1175] [4a div.1---1176---1500] [5a div.2---1501---2200] [5a div.1---2201 & above good luck] where did this come from....

3a d 1 is bigger than 875 i thought

rundoe
10-17-2007, 05:51 PM

very close

Stownhorse
10-17-2007, 06:28 PM

Love to hear when Wylie stays down in 3A so we can have some competition. We got yalls number this year.

Matthew328
10-17-2007, 06:54 PM
The number keeps creeping up and the small 4A's just keep creeping down