PDA

View Full Version : L.H. vs Llano predictions.

thunder
10-25-2003, 08:33 AM
L.H. 35 Llano 14

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2003, 09:01 AM
This could be a fairly accurate pick. But, we have to play smarter ball than we did the first half last night. The penalties on that one series of downs shortly before half time were ridiculous. We cannot assume that Llano is going to be an easy win; it should be, but I hear their line is huge. Of course, so was Wimberley's,and that didn't stop us. Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better. Go Panthers!

PAINTBALL
10-25-2003, 09:14 AM
LH Panther Mom:
This could be a fairly accurate pick. But, we have to play smarter ball than we did the first half last night. The penalties on that one series of downs shortly before half time were ridiculous. We cannot assume that Llano is going to be an easy win; it should be, but I hear their line is huge. Of course, so was Wimberley's,and that didn't stop us. Bigger doesn't necessarily mean better. Go Panthers!Wimberley's line was not anywhere as big as Llano's. The Wimberley defensive coach had a lot better game plan against the pass then Llano, but Llano's coach had a lot better game plan against the run.

How do you compare Ingram with Wimberley or Bandara?

LH Panther Mom
10-25-2003, 09:25 AM
I didn't get to go to the Ingram game, so I'm not 100% sure. I do know they played us a really tough first half, like Bandera did last night. Ya know, folks on here have to eat crow a lot; our coaches the last two weeks, at half-time, have eaten Panther butt. I'm sure Ingram will come ready to play ya'll, but I don't think it's going to make a huge difference.

Chris Hart
10-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Llano/Liberty Hill could turn out to be a good game. If The Panthers start well, they should win fairly easy, but if they start slow like the last two weeks, it could get interesting. Liberty Hill by 10.

thunder
10-25-2003, 01:37 PM
Chris, thats better last week you were off.tell us a little about llano. are they good? can,will they stop our O. as for Ingram they have 95% of the game figured out thier comining in with a win over Llano better QB than wimberley, my opinion.looking for a playoff spot.they NEED to win.oh,and good film to study,thanks to wimberley.

<small>[ October 25, 2003, 01:38 PM: Message edited by: thunder ]</small>

PAINTBALL
10-25-2003, 01:49 PM
thunder:
Chris, thats better last week you were off.tell us a little about llano. are they good? can,will they stop our O. as for Ingram they have 95% of the game figured out thier comining in with a win over Llano better QB than wimberley, my opinion.looking for a playoff spot.they NEED to win.oh,and good film to study,thanks to wimberley.I know you asked Chris and not me Thunder, but I'm going to put my 2 cents in if its O.K. with you. There is now way to answer your Questions, except to say that Llano's line is huge. The biggest we've seen all year and they did a good job against our run. Your offense is based on a lot of deception and whether their coaches know what reads to teach their kids or whether the kids will do what they're told I don't know. Regardless, their offense lacks a lot to be desired. I have to go with Liberty Hill on this one, but I think it will be a close low scoring game and may be decided by turnovers or mistakes. I don't see a blowout, but I've had to eat crow before.

thunder
10-25-2003, 08:20 PM
well?

BHS#1
10-25-2003, 08:25 PM
He must be out having fun.

thunder
10-25-2003, 08:26 PM
I talked to one of the running backs he said up the score by 7. 42 l.h. llano 14

PAINTBALL
10-25-2003, 09:05 PM
thunder:
I talked to one of the running backs he said up the score by 7. 42 l.h. llano 14You need to talk to his offensive line. Their performance will determine more then his.

The Guru
10-25-2003, 11:05 PM
Sorry, I had to say something to those who keep refering to LH's slow start the past two weeks. Do y'all think it might have had something to do with Ingram and Bandera's defenses? I think teams are learning how to play LH and if they don't start changing some things up, their playoff run won't last very long. It was 10-10 after 3 against Ingram, and for their go ahead score, they had to convert 3 4th downs. The final score of that game was a garbage td. Ingram's a good team, but not as good as some of the ones LH will face in the playoffs. With that said, they'll beat Llano.

thunder
10-26-2003, 12:38 AM
the o. line told me personaly that they would have thier head out of thier a$$. allowing the score to be 42-14 l.h.

PAINTBALL
10-26-2003, 09:57 AM
thunder:
the o. line told me personaly that they would have thier head out of thier a$$. allowing the score to be 42-14 l.h.Confidence is good. Overconfidence is bad. I don't know which one this is. Good luck.

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2003, 11:45 AM
The Guru:
Sorry, I had to say something to those who keep refering to LH's slow start the past two weeks. Do y'all think it might have had something to do with Ingram and Bandera's defenses? I think teams are learning how to play LH and if they don't start changing some things up, their playoff run won't last very long. It was 10-10 after 3 against Ingram, and for their go ahead score, they had to convert 3 4th downs. The final score of that game was a garbage td. Ingram's a good team, but not as good as some of the ones LH will face in the playoffs. With that said, they'll beat Llano.I was unable to attend the Ingram game, but a big part of our first half problems with Bandera were penalties. Yes, Bandera's defense played us hard, but shooting ourselves in the foot with 4 or 5 penalties on one set of downs did not help. The second half, we played much smarter, which is how we've got to play every game.

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: LH Panther Mom ]</small>

Chris Hart
10-26-2003, 02:27 PM
thunder:
Chris, thats better last week you were off.tell us a little about llano. are they good? can,will they stop our O. as for Ingram they have 95% of the game figured out thier comining in with a win over Llano better QB than wimberley, my opinion.looking for a playoff spot.they NEED to win.oh,and good film to study,thanks to wimberley.thunder, i may have been off on the spread last week, but I did pick the winner(lol). I think Llano presents a real challenge to LH this week. They are really stingy on the interior which will force Liberty Hill to try the corners. Llano doesn't have great speed at the backer positions, so I believe that is where LH's success will come around the ends. Llano doesn't have much to offer on offense, they're pretty predictable, but they have a strong QB with an above average arm, but is VERY inconsistant. If he is able to make a few plays in the passing game, then it could be a really close game. If he doesn't Llano may not score at all. I think the strong defensive line by getting penetration, slows the LH ground game, but not enough offense to win unless the Jacket QB has a big night passing. I'll say 24-14 LH.

BTW, about Ingram, If they have quality film material from Wimberley as you say, then Burnet is in good shape. Burnet gained 450 yds. on the Texans, the point spread was only 34 but the game was simply dominated by Burnet. You just pick your poison against Burnet. Teams have tried to either slow the run or the pass. To beat Burnet you have to come up with a gameplan to slow them both, which is VERY tough to do, DCs have to call an perfect game and hope the Burnet offense turns the ball over a few times. Even if that happens, you still have to score on the STINGY Burnet defense. I hope I've answered your questions thoroughly enough.LOL :)

thunder
10-26-2003, 02:47 PM
yes. thanks.

thunder
10-28-2003, 01:13 PM
go l.h.

BIG19
10-28-2003, 02:05 PM
Close game. LH by 10

clay
10-29-2003, 09:51 AM
Paintball, WIimberleys o-line is just as big as Llano's. if not bigger. theyre huge, Llano is short and squaty.

BigChamp05
10-29-2003, 10:02 AM
I remember ya'll (LH)do alot of miss direction plays, but ya'll run up the middle almost 90 percent of the time. Why our coaches last year wouldn't make an adjustment, who knows. But we aren't talking about last year. Llano has a huge kid who was dang good last year at nose, and if he's still there, i think he may clog that up. Llano's QB is an athlete, and i think he might give ya'll problems. Just because ya'll haven't played anybody spectacularly good, i'm gonna pick Llano by 7. Probably gonna be a low scoring game though.

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2003, 02:27 AM
BigChamp05:
I remember ya'll (LH)do alot of miss direction plays, but ya'll run up the middle almost 90 percent of the time. Why our coaches last year wouldn't make an adjustment, who knows. But we aren't talking about last year. Llano has a huge kid who was dang good last year at nose, and if he's still there, i think he may clog that up. Llano's QB is an athlete, and i think he might give ya'll problems. Just because ya'll haven't played anybody spectacularly good, i'm gonna pick Llano by 7. Probably gonna be a low scoring game though.Question - are you saying Llano is spectacularly good? Or, are you saying they're better than anyone we've played so far this year? Not trying to start anything...just curious what your analogy was.

JCM
10-30-2003, 08:51 AM
Close game.
Liberty Hill 17, Llano 14, due to Panther home field advantage.

BigChamp05
10-30-2003, 09:37 AM
No,not that they have played anybody spectacularly good, just their defense is naturally set up good to stop ya'lls offense. Also, their playoffs depends on this game and the next. They will probably have a sense of urgency that ya'll might not have. I think this will be a very good game though.

Chris Hart
10-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Llano has already been eliminated from playoff contention.

<small>[ October 30, 2003, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Chris Hart ]</small>

PAINTBALL
10-30-2003, 07:00 PM
clay:
Paintball, WIimberleys o-line is just as big as Llano's. if not bigger. theyre huge, Llano is short and squaty.I was talking more about their defensive line and inside backers. I didn't notice anything special about either team's offensive line.

BigChamp05
10-30-2003, 07:43 PM
Who has the third spot

LH Panther Mom
10-30-2003, 09:33 PM
I believe Wimberley, but haven't heard for certain.

Chris Hart
10-30-2003, 10:19 PM
The 3rd playoff spot is still up for grabs. More than likely it will go to the winner of the week 10 matchup between Wimberley/Ingram. There are some other scenarios, but this one is more likely. If Ingram loses to Burnet this week and somehow Llano beats Liberty Hill and Bandera beats Wimberley, It could cause a mess. Then in week 10 if Wimberley beat Ingram, it would cause a 3-way tie between Ingram, Wimberley and the winner of week 10 Bandera/Llano. Highly unlikely, but possible. Who knows, Ingram might upset Burnet and change some things that way. You just never know, that's why it's GREAT! :)