PDA

View Full Version : Fran-kenstein He Must Be Stopped Before He Plays The Buyout Bowl In Neb.

rancher
10-15-2007, 05:09 PM
JUST READ THAT NEBRASKA HAS FIRED THEIR AD, THIS IS JUST A FIRST STEP TO THE HEAD COACH BEING GONE. THIS WAS THE AD THAT HIRED CALLAHAN. ALSO READ THAT THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS WILL BE LOOKING FOR HEAD COACHES, TENN., CLEMSON, MICHIGAN AND MAYBE N.D. DO WE NEED TO REPLACE THE FRAN-KENSTEIN BEFORE HE COMPLETELY DESTROYS THE PROGRAM. THE BIDDING WILL BE HIGH FOR THE TOP TIER COACHES. SOME ARE SAYING IT IS GOING TO COST MAYBE $5 MILLION A YEAR.

big daddy russ
10-15-2007, 08:52 PM
I doubt the Ags will be on the outside looking in.

Nebraska- Nowhere near the facilities or recruiting base as TAMU.

Clemson- Better recruiting base than Nebraska, but don't have TAMU's facilities. Also less-likely to pony up TAMU-type money.

Tennessee- They have just about everything you could want, but the chances that they get rid of Fulmer are slim to none. They may be unhappy, but Fulmer's the second-greatest coach the school's ever had, only to Colonel Neyland. He's only missed the Bowl Season once in his tenure has HC and brought them a national championship back in '98.

Michigan- Les Miles will be their coach next year. Bo Pelini will then take over the reigns at LSU.

Notre Dame- Good question. The only team on the list that I honestly believe has the goods... well, not the facilities, but the recruiting base, tradition, and money... to swing a heavier bat than anyone else on the list.

Nebraska has the tradition, but not the facilities or recruiting base. They've struggled recruiting Texas and Colorado (their bread and butter) lately. So if A&M can get out of Fran's contract Scott free due to his ethical issues, they'll be in the running for every major name out there. You'll hear tons of references to Spurrier, Tedford, etc. ND will definitely be a hot bed for a major coach, but Nebraska and Tennessee (should they fire Fulmer) would be neck-and-neck with the Ags in the process. Clemson won't.

I'd honestly be more worried about Okie State than Clemson. If they fire Gundy, they'll have the facilities and the money to bring in a big name. Boone Pickens is going to be home to the best facilities the world's ever seen.

LordInfamous
10-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Texas needs a new OC and DC

Charlie Weis needs to be fired and sued for fraud!!

crzyjournalist03
10-16-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by rancher
JUST READ THAT NEBRASKA HAS FIRED THEIR AD, THIS IS JUST A FIRST STEP TO THE HEAD COACH BEING GONE. THIS WAS THE AD THAT HIRED CALLAHAN. ALSO READ THAT THE FOLLOWING SCHOOLS WILL BE LOOKING FOR HEAD COACHES, TENN., CLEMSON, MICHIGAN AND MAYBE N.D. DO WE NEED TO REPLACE THE FRAN-KENSTEIN BEFORE HE COMPLETELY DESTROYS THE PROGRAM. THE BIDDING WILL BE HIGH FOR THE TOP TIER COACHES. SOME ARE SAYING IT IS GOING TO COST MAYBE $5 MILLION A YEAR.

http://www.jehovahswitnessonline.com/images/capslock.jpg

Macarthur
10-16-2007, 10:02 AM
I'm to understand Callahan has a huge buyout. He just signed an extention this off season. Think they would like a do-over on that?

I also don't think ND will do anything with Weis this year. He has a huge buyout, also.

NOrm just said on The Ticket that he has been told that the process has already started on Fran and that a buyout figure has been reached.