20. PECOS
21. LINDALE
22. PERRYTON
23. GATESVILLE
24. MATHIS
25. SWEETWATER

sinfan75
06-15-2002, 01:24 PM
Only two teams from region 4? I figured 4 or 5 teams would make it.Especially Burnet!But 30AAA gettin respect with Mathis and Sinton ranked.But watch out for Bandera,Cuero and(according to some)Edna.

sinfan75
06-15-2002, 01:37 PM
On the other hand,why don't we just call this DCTF region1 and region2 rankings!19 teams in the top 25? Ain't no way there's that much disparity between those two regions and 3and 4.NO WAY!!!

eye of the tiger
06-15-2002, 02:16 PM
I just received my copy in the mail and havent really looked at the articles yet, but I also am a bit surprised that Burnet is not in the top 25. Im at little surprised at Carthage making the top ten also. I think they will have a pretty good team, but not sure top ten. Lots to discus now and especially on the 21st when the magazine hits the stands and more people have a copy. For those folks in the Ft Worth area, Dave Campbell will be at Wilkerson-Greines Center Monday at 6:30pm and will have 300 copies with him. An autographed copy will be $10.00.

Jacket2000
06-15-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by sinfan75:
On the other hand,why don't we just call this DCTF region1 and region2 rankings!19 teams in the top 25? Ain't no way there's that much disparity between those two regions and 3and 4.NO WAY!!!

I agree that region 3 seems to have been snubbed a bit, but outside of Mathis, Sinton, and Cuero; region 4 just doesnt have alot to offer.
J2K

sinfan75
06-15-2002, 03:17 PM
How bout Burnet and Bandera.Or even Gonzales for that matter.Region 4 may not be as strong over-all but the 5 or six they got can play with anybody.I think ther should've been 5 teams from region 4,6 from region 3,5 from 2 and 5 from region 1.

Jacket2000
06-15-2002, 04:13 PM
Those are all good teams...in region 4. But, none of them are serious contenders outside of the region.
J2K

sinfan75
06-15-2002, 05:45 PM
So you're tellin me that 19 teams in in region 1 and 2 are state title contenders?There ain't no way I'm gonna believe that Jacket.Each year there are at the most 4 teams from each region that are good enough to win state.This year ain't no different.

Matthew328
06-15-2002, 10:39 PM
My 2 cents on the top 25..Spring Hill and Carthage both seem a bit high...especially Carthage....Gainesville at 13 and Bonham at 17 both are high.....Bonham is a shock to be in the top 25...5 teams that I feel were totally snubbed...these are in no order....Atlanta 11-1 last year and a ton of talent back...and not in the top 25? Marlin was 7-5 last year and they have a lot back...surprised they didn't make it...Bellville in Region 3 is also a snub as is Burnet and Bandera in Region 4....I am shocked at those 2 not makin the top 25..

BellvilleDude
06-15-2002, 11:34 PM
bellville should be in, thanx for giving us a good word, we were underrated by most people last year and we did awasome. we should have same results again

Swarm 51
06-16-2002, 12:19 AM
Have to agree that DCTF seems to have overlooked some very good up and coming teams for this next season. And, have learned through the years to not put too much into SOME of his selections. Can remember in 2000 DCTF picked Gatesville to come in fourth in District 17AAA. Seems as though that team went undefeated and won the
Division 1 State Chamionship. Guess we will find out how precise DCTF is when district rolls around, and especially in December.

toby070
06-16-2002, 01:58 PM
Last year Wimberley used not being ranked in DC's top 25 personally, and I believe it gave them a little extra incentive. I guarantee Burnet will use it the same way. No way those guys shouldn't be a top 15 at least, if not higher.

That's why they play the games, though, right?

M.PIRATEFAN
06-16-2002, 06:11 PM
Hey sinfan, they think that region 4 don't qualify.Well i have news to tell everyone, sinton and mathis are probably the 2 best teams in region 4. We both have reach the state game. I say that we are coming close to winning a state title in football and bringing it to south texas."NO RESPECT"!!!!!!!!! That's my moto this year so pass it on sinton. Hey congrats on baseball. Look for these 2 teams to go far into the playoffs or maybe winning it all.

Matthew328
06-16-2002, 11:56 PM
Ooops I left off another team that was omitted and that is Bridge City...they should be somewhere in the Top 25 as well...

sinton66
06-17-2002, 08:56 AM
I'll ask the same question again, what the heck does Dave Campbell know about high school football. I don't think he has EVER been very accurate. Harris does a better job than his rag, so do most of the people on here.

vet93
06-17-2002, 08:58 AM
My thoughts which probably aren't worth much are as follows:
Rated too high: Commerce, Forney, Abilene Wylie, Gainesville,

Rated too low: Sweetwater, Snyder, Mathis, Gatesville

Should have been left out: Pecos, Bonham, Celina, Borger

Should have been included: Burnet, Bandera, Bellville, Bridge City

Eagle 00
06-17-2002, 09:20 AM
Where can we get the Harris poll information. None of these polls win football games but it does make it easier to raise money and give the guys at the coffee shop something new to talk about.

sinton66
06-17-2002, 09:28 AM
Harris won't publish their polls until right before the season opens, but the website is www.harrisratings.com (http://www.harrisratings.com)
From the home page of this site, under "Links" other links to polls such as Collier-Sharpe and so forth, can be found.

eye of the tiger
06-17-2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by vet93:
My thoughts which probably aren't worth much are as follows:
Rated too high: Commerce, Forney, Abilene Wylie, Gainesville,

Rated too low: Sweetwater, Snyder, Mathis, Gatesville

Should have been left out: Pecos, Bonham, Celina, Borger

Should have been included: Burnet, Bandera, Bellville, Bridge City

Vet I agree with most of what you say, but not so sure about Forney. I think they will do well even without Blanton.

vet93
06-17-2002, 02:36 PM
Tiger...I understand your point. Of the teams that I placed in the "rated too high" category, Forney was the one that I was the shakiest on. By the way, I can see why Commerce was rated so high based on the past few years. I just thought that they had lost too many kids to be rated that high this early. That doesn't mean that I think that they may not be a top 10 team by the end of the season. I would have put them around 10th to 12th. I agree with your earlier post that Carthage may be overated. I should have had them in my original list, but just left them out. How about if I remove Forney and add Carthage!

eye of the tiger
06-17-2002, 04:33 PM
Hey Vet I think Commerce is rated a bit too high also. I actually was thinking about 14th or 15th. I also think as the year goes on we will move up. I dont think Carthage deserves being rated. But like many have already posted, polls dont win games. I think Burnet and Bridge City, Bellville are going to have dynamite teams this year. Dont know too much about Bandara at all, but have read lots of favorable posts about them. Im not to up on West Texas teams at all. As much as I love summer I wish it was September already.

MPir.~def.58
06-17-2002, 08:46 PM
i just want to know one thing,why can't mathis get any respect?we bust our butts day in and day out play a great season, we've 3rounds plus 4 years in arow with 5 straight playoff appearances.we even made it all the way to the texas bowl.after that year we were still ranked 18th.beleive that is allgoing to change after next season ,MATHIS~VS~SINTON WEEK 10 SINTON STADIUM. IWOULDN'T DOUBT THAT WE PLAY SINTON TWICE THAT SEASON.week 10 and week 15.i guarantee you all your in for a big surprise. our o-line is predicted to be one of the best in south texas in 4 years.trust me they are right.im not trying to start anything up ,just letting everybody know what we have in store for all of those defenses.oh, but for all of those offenses were not leaving you out. bring anything out and we'll shut you down!

sinfan75
06-17-2002, 09:02 PM
Don't wanna burst your bubble 58,But since Mathis and Sinton are in the same district and same region and since there are two divisions,Ain't no way in hell they'll playin each other in week 15!

M.PIRATEFAN
06-18-2002, 09:08 PM
Hey def 58, its about time that you got on here. Sucks being here by myself defending those Mighty Mathis Pirates!!!!!!! Anyways, glad to see that I'm not the only one on here from mathis. Hey, do you know the schedules??? Let me know and here is my e-mail,rsgutierrez99@yahoo.com. Don't forget!!!!!!! Does anyone know Dave Campbell website??????

eye of the tiger
06-18-2002, 10:26 PM
Here is the home page for Dave Campbell's site.
http://www.texasfootball.com/frontpage.html

Atl_Rabb_Fan
06-18-2002, 11:12 PM
Man you would think that Atlanta would have been ranked somwheres. But as usual he shows that he knows very little about 3-A. But hey congrats to all the teams that did get ranked. Even though all these rankings mean very little.

SintonFan_inAustin
06-19-2002, 12:18 AM
Hey MPir.~def.58 what rock did u crawl out of. U sound like your upset because your not rank #1 in the state. Be happy that nobody knows how good mathis will be this upcoming season, ya'll just might suprise the critics up north. personally i think ya'll finish 3rd like last year, but advance in the playoff in the latter rounds. PS it wont matter if ya'll shock south texas by beating sinton , cause ur still go division 2, so good luck this upcoming season

sinton66
06-19-2002, 12:07 PM
And lots of luck trying to beat Sinton by the way! MPirate fans, if Sinton makes playoffs at all, yall will be in D2 bracket.

M.PIRATEFAN
06-19-2002, 08:38 PM
Sinton 66 theres no need for that. We should back each other up and I know that when we play each other we need to go our separate ways, right??? Anyways, it's a long way from playing yall so lets just take it a day at a time.And thands for that website. Good to both teams Mathis and Sinton all the way to the Texas Bowl!!!!!

sinton66
06-20-2002, 04:08 PM
M.Piratefan, wasn't trying to stir you up, just saying beating Sinton isn't going to be very likely. The other comment has to do with the size of the two schools. If Sinton qualifies for the playoffs, they will go in Div.I playoff brackets because they are the largest school in the district. Even if Mathis beat Sinton, and Sinton goes from the #2 or #3 slot, you guys will still be playing in the Div.II bracket. That's how it works.

M.PIRATEFAN
06-20-2002, 09:41 PM
I know sinton66 i wasn't trying to stir something up. My bad!!!!!! Hey, any schedules, yet???? Let me know!!!!!!

gtown
06-21-2002, 06:54 PM
Are u serious how can u not put graham in this group these guys are stacked u need to go back and do some more work graham is a team that will suprise some folks

bearcat1
06-21-2002, 09:00 PM
who are you typing this to? That list was from Dave Campbells.
bc

Originally posted by gtown:
Are u serious how can u not put graham in this group these guys are stacked u need to go back and do some more work graham is a team that will suprise some folks

Matthew328
06-21-2002, 10:51 PM
Good lord....people read the tittle of the post....