View Full Version : 12aaa

old warrior
10-15-2007, 02:12 PM
First week of district scores

Kennedale 55 Whitney 7

West 52 Venus 6

Glen Rose 16 Hillsboro 14

How will this district shape up?
only one close game so far, Glen Rose beats Hillsboro with a fieldgoal in the final minutes of the game.

Thoughts???????

pirate4state
10-15-2007, 02:29 PM
Did West win the title last year or was Kennedale able to pull it out? Pretty sure those are the top 2 favorites to finish 1-2, but what do I know? :D

I wish we had more posters from this district! :(

JR2004
10-15-2007, 08:17 PM
Well it should wind up being Kennedale, West, and Glen Rose as the playoff teams. Assuming that holds to form and 11-3A holds to form again this year the playoff match-ups would look like this.

DI Kennedale-Roosevelt in a rematch

DII West-Madison in a rematch (no way on the Good Lord's green earth we're playing them out in Mansfield again this year.)

Glen Rose- Lake Worth in a rematch.

3afan
10-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
DII West-Madison in a rematch (no way on the Good Lord's green earth we're playing them out in Mansfield again this year.)

y?

JR2004
10-15-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
y?

Well our fans had a hard time getting out there. That was really out of the way for Madison fans due to all the traffic to make it to Mansfield. It was a lot easier for West fans to get there, that's for sure. Not near as much traffic for them. I hope it's somewhere like Waxahachie this time around. I'd love to go down to Lumpkin for a game. Haven't been there since I was at SAGU.

LEROY
10-15-2007, 08:30 PM
The next two weeks should help determine things. We play GR, and Kennedale.

Matthew328
10-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Dont count Hillsboro out....they played Glen Rose tough...I think they take West this year

Cameron Crazy
10-15-2007, 08:52 PM
This is one of the weakest districts i have seen.

old warrior
10-15-2007, 09:35 PM
weak?

they have two weak teams Whitney and Venus
Most districts have one or two weak teams
you need to realize that except for Kennedale all these teams are SMALL 3As, 550 or less.
Besides whitney and venus the other 4 could play with most teams. Is the next State champ coming out of 12AAA? NO WAY, but don't call them weak.
Glen Rose gave Graham all they could handle for the better part of their game. Kennedale played mostly 4As in predistrict.
A couple years ago I would have said the district was pretty weak but over the last 3 years or so the quality of football has risen considerably amongst these teams.
I seem to remember Madison having some trouble with West last year in the first round until towards the very end of the game.
I believe Kennedale went a couple rounds last year and I'm not real sure about GlenRose.
It will probably be a dog fight for those 3 spots between Glen Rose, West, Hillsboro, and Kennedale
the first dog fight was between Hillsboro and GR
this next weekend should be interesting with West playing GlenRose and Kennedale playing Hillsboro.

Matthew328
10-15-2007, 10:11 PM
12-3A isn't as weak as 13-3A for sure..other than Royse City 10-3A isn't that good....and 12-3A is every bit as good as 8-3A also...11-3A isnt that great other than 'Velt and maybe Madison....I'd say 12-3A is a middle of the pack district

block&tackle
10-15-2007, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Well our fans had a hard time getting out there. That was really out of the way for Madison fans due to all the traffic to make it to Mansfield. It was a lot easier for West fans to get there, that's for sure. Not near as much traffic for them. I hope it's somewhere like Waxahachie this time around. I'd love to go down to Lumpkin for a game. Haven't been there since I was at SAGU.
How about McKinney?;)

old warrior
10-15-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
12-3A isn't as weak as 13-3A for sure..other than Royse City 10-3A isn't that good....and 12-3A is every bit as good as 8-3A also...11-3A isnt that great other than 'Velt and maybe Madison....I'd say 12-3A is a middle of the pack district

honestly I would have to agree
pretty middle of the pack
farthest a team from this district will make it is 3 rounds
thats not bad by most peoples standards, and is pretty good for these teams. I believe we will see the quality of football continue to improve in these programs over the next several years