PDA

View Full Version : Region I GOTW (Week 7): Sweetwater @ Clyde

Stangs325
10-13-2007, 01:52 PM
Perdictions anybody??

Sweetwater 28 Clyde 21

Clyde will come out strong because of 2 straight OT loses because of field goals but Sweetwater will step it up from what theyve been playing and they will pull away and win in the 4th quarter. Clydes running back Curtis Kevil had an outstanding game vs Wylie along with other players but they once again lost momentum late and lossed in OT by 1. Sweetwaters score vs Comanche was not as high as perdicted but 1 passing td to Zach Birdwell was called back and 2 td passes were dropped along with other drops. Im just suprised sweetwater passed that many times. There were also multiple flags on many big plays. But Sweetwater will put it all together and pull off a 28-21 win over clyde

KTA
10-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Clyde by 14

STANG RED
10-13-2007, 02:51 PM
The Clyde boys were devestated after losing to Wylie in a game they probably think they should have won. Truth be told, they probably should have won it. The question is, how will they bounce back after losing like that? The fact that they will be at home for this game should be a tremendous boost for them. Still, much of their success against Wylie was because they could contain the Wylie QB. Sweetwaters QB is way quicker and much more elusive, and I think this will be the difference. Clyde has one week to prepare for a prolific wishbone offense, which is a tall order. Especially when it is run by an extremely quick QB that can take it the distance on any given play. Both Ds do a good job of swarming the ball carrier, so its going to be up to the offenses to make the difference. I saw a lot of quickness on both sides of the ball with Clyde, but not a lot of pure speed.
Gameplan, adjustments, and mistakes will determine the winner of this game. Sweetwater has played in and gameplanned for lots more big games than Clyde ever has, so this just might give the Mustangs just enough advantage to squeek this one out.
Special teams can also make a huge difference in a game like this, and from what I have seen from both of these teams, Sweetwater will have a huge advantage on special teams.
Sweetwater 30
Clyde 26

PlayaJBiehl20
10-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Ill take Clyde.

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-13-2007, 05:54 PM
I'll be a homer and say Sweetwater 28-27.

TripleH
10-14-2007, 08:37 AM
This would appear to be building to be a good football game. Sweetwater is picking up pace after a slow start as their younger players are starting to gain experience. Clyde is having a great season and sees to have turned the corner under their new coach. Should be a huge crowd if both teams fans really are believing in their teams.

STANG RED
10-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by TripleH
This would appear to be building to be a good football game. Sweetwater is picking up pace after a slow start as their younger players are starting to gain experience. Clyde is having a great season and sees to have turned the corner under their new coach. Should be a huge crowd if both teams fans really are believing in their teams.

Only as huge of a crowd as Clydes Stadium will hold. Their visitors side may seat 500 at best. There will be way more standing than setting. If Clyde is going to run with the big dogs, they seriously have got to build a new stadium out by their new HS.
I will say this though. Clyde has got the best concessions of any stadium I have ever been to. No need to go eat supper before heading to the game. They've got anything you would want.:thumbsup:

PlayaJBiehl20
10-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Only as huge of a crowd as Clydes Stadium will hold. Their visitors side may seat 500 at best. There will be way more standing than setting. If Clyde is going to run with the big dogs, they seriously have got to build a new stadium out by their new HS.
I will say this though. Clyde has got the best concessions of any stadium I have ever been to. No need to go eat supper before heading to the game. They've got anything you would want.:thumbsup:

Ya the stadium is not that big, but I like it, plus it gets the visiting fans a little mad, because they have to bring the lawn chairs.

Snydertigersrul
10-14-2007, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by PlayaJBiehl20
Ya the stadium is not that big, but I like it, plus it gets the visiting fans a little mad, because they have to bring the lawn chairs.

It's a shame that this game has to be played in a stadium of that caliber. I know Clyde has good softball and baseball facilities at the high school and the gym also is among the best in the area. Why a football field that is not as good as some in 1A. Sweetwater might struggle in the first half, but the Mustangs will win by two touchdowns.

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Historically Sweetwater has owned Clyde.

Snydertigersrul
10-14-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
Historically Sweetwater has owned Clyde.

And that will continue, but I remember two years ago that Sweetwater managed to only beat them by 7 and I believe it was at Clyde.

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
And that will continue, but I remember two years ago that Sweetwater managed to only beat them by 7 and I believe it was at Clyde.

I played a JV and a Varsity game there and it seriously was one of the worst stadiums to play in. It feels like the crowd is right on top of you.

Snydertigersrul
10-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by ASUFrisbeeStud
I played a JV and a Varsity game there and it seriously was one of the worst stadiums to play in. It feels like the crowd is right on top of you.

Unfortunately, I was forced to go there two years ago and it has to be among the worst stadiums in Texas. My question is with the relative new high school and other facilities, why do they still have a crappy football field.

ASUFrisbeeStud
10-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Unfortunately, I was forced to go there two years ago and it has to be among the worst stadiums in Texas. My question is with the relative new high school and other facilities, why do they still have a crappy football field.

Yeah. I think the worst I ever played on was Ballinger, the Stadium is fine but the year we played there it felt like concrete.

lakers
10-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Yeah I agree about the stadium, it is horrible!!!

But I am gonna go with Clyde by 14. They have had a bitter taste in their mouths these last few weeks, and I think it is about time for them to rebound.
Dont let me down Bulldogs...:thumbsup:

wildstangs
10-14-2007, 04:04 PM
Should be a great game. Mustangs by 10.

Anyone that would be kind enough to text me the score after each quarter would be GREATLY appreciated. PM me.

STANG RED
10-14-2007, 06:08 PM

I think the UIL should step in and force schools of any classification to have enough seating for visitors to accomedate their crowd.
:confused: And why on earth would you want the visiting fans mad?

GetRDoneStangs
10-14-2007, 06:20 PM
not to mention the GATE!!

If they could seat more people...more would make the trip!!

Lets they seat 1500 vs 500...

I am going on Gate price not presale....($5.00)

That is $7.500 to $2,500

Snydertigersrul
10-14-2007, 06:27 PM
I think the UIL should step in and force schools of any classification to have enough seating for visitors to accomedate their crowd.
:confused: And why on earth would you want the visiting fans mad?

Why not? If Clyde was a 1A school, that stadium would be big enough. The UIL requires minimum seating for playoff games, why not do the same with each classification. Clyde would not think football is that important with almost new softball and baseball diamonds and a state of the art gym.

injuredinmelee
10-14-2007, 08:14 PM

what eally sucks is you can ge there 1 1/2 hours before the game with your lawn chairs and be sitting two rows deep behind Clyde people in the endzone.

clyde1520
10-14-2007, 09:37 PM
doesnt matter what kind of stadium
all that matters is clyde's win

wtxfootball08
10-14-2007, 09:49 PM
nah it was at sweetwater, they picked it off when clyde was driving within the thirty and that was game

wtxfootball08
10-14-2007, 09:49 PM
nah it was at sweetwater, they picked it off when clyde was driving within the thirty and that was game

its_n_D_water
10-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Sweetwater wins by 10........Clyde had Wylie on the ropes, but couldnt deliver the knock out punch....Even with Wylie's turnovers...

RMAC
10-14-2007, 10:33 PM
I said if they stay on the field w/ Wylie then their legit. They did it so I think they bounce back and win this one, and perhaps 2nd in district, assuming Wylie beats Clyde and there isn't a 3-way tie.

Snydertigersrul
10-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by RMAC
I said if they stay on the field w/ Wylie then their legit. They did it so I think they bounce back and win this one, and perhaps 2nd in district, assuming Wylie beats Clyde and there isn't a 3-way tie.

I believe that Wylie already has beaten Clyde.

RMAC
10-14-2007, 10:41 PM
I believe that Wylie already has beaten Clyde.

Wylie beats Sweetwater, my bad.

sweetwater07
10-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Stephen Fields single handedly shut down Curtis Keval last year so i'll be a homer and say Sweetwater by 7

Stownhorse
10-14-2007, 10:47 PM
i'll be a homer ans say sweetwater by 21....I aint never scared.

sweetwater07
10-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Stownhorse
i'll be a homer ans say sweetwater by 21....I aint never scared.

yeah right fool

be scared of that NCAA cuz i'm coming for you

Stownhorse
10-14-2007, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by sweetwater07
yeah right fool

be scared of that NCAA cuz i'm coming for you

Yea thats what u said last time and I owned u when u were playing with my team.....u watchin that boise st. game?

R1Editor
10-14-2007, 11:30 PM
Who do yall got?

Sweetwater Red
10-15-2007, 10:07 AM
11 votes Sweetwater...

5 votes Clyde...

That tells me that 11 Sweetwater and 5 Snyder posters have
voted so far...

:D

Ranger Mom
10-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
11 votes Sweetwater...

5 votes Clyde...

voted so far...

I voted!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Texasfootball2
10-15-2007, 10:24 AM
If Clyde gets off to another good start like they did last week, I think it will be tougher for Sweetwater to come from behind because they don't have the ability to throw the ball and the option game uses up a lot of clock. On the other side, if Sweetwater jumps out to an early lead, we will truely see what this Clyde team is made of. They have lost two heart breakers back to back, especially the emotional one last week. They are a good football team. Wylie let them believe they could win they very early in that game an they were playing lights out, but as soon as Wylie started having success in the fourth quater their body language changed and it was like they were just watching the clock and hoping thay Wylie would run out of time. Slaughter has done a fantastic job of changing the culture in Clyde and they are very close to getting completely over the hunt. Regardless of who wins this game I think Clyde will be force to reckon with in the playoffs. If Clyde were to pull off a home victory over Sweetwater it would make them an even tougher out in the playoffs. They have my respect after last friday and Sweetwater has got it going right now. Sets up for a great high school football game. If I thought I could get a decent seat I would probably attend this game since we are open. Good Luck to both teams.

DaHop72
10-15-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Texasfootball2
I think it will be tougher for Sweetwater to come from behind because they don't have the ability to throw the ball Did you happen to see or read about the Decatur game??

Johnny Moxen
10-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Normally I would say Sweetwater hands down. But after last Friday night, I am going with Clyde in a close one.

Sweetwater, your wishbone might be good, but I would love to see how you run against a 3-5-3 defense. with linebackers as fast as your backs.

Texasfootball2
10-15-2007, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Did you happen to see or read about the Decatur game??

No!

DaHop72
10-15-2007, 10:41 AM
No! Sweetwater probably threw the ball more in the last 3 quarters of that game then they have the last 3 years and did so successfully. Stange game to say the least.

Texasfootball2
10-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Sweetwater probably threw the ball more in the last 3 quarters of that game then they have the last 3 years and did so successfully. Stange game to say the least.

It's usually very rare to see a ball throw by a sweetwater QB. But, based on the Jackson's history, I still don't see Sweetwater falling behind a good football team like Clyde and being able to throw with any consistancy, especially if the wind is blowing like it was last friday. 20-25 mph wind blowing all night, and into Wylie's face in the fourth quater. Another part of the game were Clyde is pretty strong is the Liles kid punting the ball. Even into the wind he got off some really good punts. I do think it will be tough for Clyde to prepare for the option in one week, and that should play in Sweetwaters favor, but I'm not counting Clyde out.

Sweetwater Red
10-15-2007, 11:06 AM
It's usually very rare to see a ball throw by a sweetwater QB. But, based on the Jackson's history, I still don't see Sweetwater falling behind a good football team like Clyde and being able to throw with any consistancy, especially if the wind is blowing like it was last friday. 20-25 mph wind blowing all night, and into Wylie's face in the fourth quater. Another part of the game were Clyde is pretty strong is the Liles kid punting the ball. Even into the wind he got off some really good punts. I do think it will be tough for Clyde to prepare for the option in one week, and that should play in Sweetwaters favor, but I'm not counting Clyde out.

Holsey had a 20 yard TD pass into that wind and four or five
others that were right on the money and just flat dropped. As
far as Clyde being ready for the option....they play us every year,
they are very familiar with our offense.

Texasfootball2
10-15-2007, 11:20 AM
Holsey had a 20 yard TD pass into that wind and four or five
others that were right on the money and just flat dropped. As
far as Clyde being ready for the option....they play us every year,
they are very familiar with our offense.

If Sweetwater has developed the ability to pass, it makes them very tough to defend. You have to put so much emphaisis on stopping the option game it's easy to let your gaurd down in defending the pass. I thought Clyde showed the ability to throw the ball the other night and I was impressed with their QB. The more I read the more interesting this game gets. I may just have to dust off my lawn chair this Friday.

lakers
10-15-2007, 11:33 AM
The more I read the more interesting this game gets. I may just have to dust off my lawn chair this Friday.
That is what it will take, because there wont be room on either side in the stands...
Or u could just get there about an hour and a half early.:D

Sweetwater Red
10-15-2007, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by lakers
That is what it will take, because there wont be room on either side in the stands...
Or u could just get there about an hour and a half early.:D

Well, ya'll are the hosts. I think you should let the visitors sit in
the stands on both sides. Let the Clyde fans sit in lawn chairs.:D :devil:

Texasfootball2
10-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Well, ya'll are the hosts. I think you should let the visitors sit in
the stands on both sides. Let the Clyde fans sit in lawn chairs.:D :devil:

What's even worse than the seating is the PARKING!!!!!!! Absolutely the worse. 90% of the people will have to park on OPPOSITE SIDE of a HIGHWAY were cars are moving 60mph, and their car will be about 30 ft from a TRIAN TRACK were trains still frequently pass. This is going to be much worse than the seating.

I might have to rent me a mini bus and have a park-n-ride from Clyde HS parking lot for the people coming from Sweetwater. $$$$$$$$$

tigerbyheart
10-15-2007, 11:46 AM
11 votes Sweetwater...

5 votes Clyde...

voted so far...

Wrong!!!! I was one of the 11 who voted for Sweetwater...:tongue: :tongue: :D

Sweetwater Red
10-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I voted!!:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

FOR??????:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

MarginalTalent
10-15-2007, 12:03 PM
okay, since there are so many problems with this gamesite, let's move the game of the week to Burkburnett/Vernon.

:)

Sweetwater Red
10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by MarginalTalent
okay, since there are so many problems with this gamesite, let's move the game of the week to Burkburnett/Vernon.

:)

You want Sweetwater and Clyde to play each other in Burkburnett
or Vernon instead?:confused:

:D :devil: :D

Stownhorse
10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Moxen
Normally I would say Sweetwater hands down. But after last Friday night, I am going with Clyde in a close one.

Sweetwater, your wishbone might be good, but I would love to see how you run against a 3-5-3 defense. with linebackers as fast as your backs.

Its easy....you just run between the tackles, there arent as many d-lineman and not every linebacker can get to the ball if our o-line can get to the next level and block them... So are you saying that Wylie is better than Sweetwater by the 1st part of your comment?^

lakers
10-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Its easy....you just run between the tackles, there arent as many d-lineman and not every linebacker can get to the ball if our o-line can get to the next level and block them... So are you saying that Wylie is better than Sweetwater by the 1st part of your comment?^
Yeah but the linebackers are fast and have good technique...It shouldnt be a problem...
2 years ago Clyde ran the 3-5-3 defense and they shut swater down with it. Final score of that game i think was 14-21(swater won).
And it especially shouldnt be a problem when Kevil is in at nose guard, he tends to wreck the plays that he is in on...

BILLYFRED0000
10-15-2007, 02:06 PM

It's not that easy. If it was Celina's 10 1 would never win a ball game. Yet here we are holding our first two district opponents to 6 points and a total of 175 yards of offense. That is 3 points per and 87.5 offensive yardage. A good 3 5 with fast LB,s is similar to the front set up of Celina. It can work well no matter how good the O line is if the Linebackers are as fast as the backs for the most part. All the D line has to do is gum it up a little. The LB
pursue and hit the gaps with their reads. A lot of stops in the backfield creating second and third and long.

buff4ever
10-15-2007, 02:57 PM
I voted sweetwater b/c I don't know much about clyde. so take that into consideration when viewing the votes.

Ranger Mom
10-15-2007, 03:49 PM
FOR??????:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

The Stangs....duh!!:p

Stownhorse
10-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah but the linebackers are fast and have good technique...It shouldnt be a problem...
2 years ago Clyde ran the 3-5-3 defense and they shut swater down with it. Final score of that game i think was 14-21(swater won).
And it especially shouldnt be a problem when Kevil is in at nose guard, he tends to wreck the plays that he is in on...

Yadda yadda yadda....doesnt matter about the run now, sweetwater can throw too!

lakers
10-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Yadda yadda yadda....doesnt matter about the run now, sweetwater can throw too!
alright whatever, but u were talkin about the run. So i started talkin about the run.
now on to the pass.....
Well it is about time that they start to pass i bit. Clyde can pass as well, they have some good receivers along with a quarterback with a good arm...

Stownhorse
10-15-2007, 05:18 PM
alright whatever, but u were talkin about the run. So i started talkin about the run.
now on to the pass.....
Well it is about time that they start to pass i bit. Clyde can pass as well, they have some good receivers along with a quarterback with a good arm...

You must be from Clyde or hate sweetwater....But sweetwater has good recievers and a good fast QB...But I guarantee you there are weaknessess to clydes 3-5-3

lakers
10-15-2007, 05:23 PM
You must be from Clyde or hate sweetwater....But sweetwater has good recievers and a good fast QB...But I guarantee you there are weaknessess to clydes 3-5-3
likewise...i think there will be some weaknesses in swaters defense as well....
yeah i used to go to Clyde and fyi i do not hate swater. i really like them and have a lot of respect for them...

Stownhorse
10-15-2007, 05:28 PM
But im not defending how good sweetwaters 4-3 defense is gunna stop kurtis kevil or gonzales.

BILLYFRED0000
10-15-2007, 05:32 PM

I am neutral and it comes down to execution. Clyde has shown the ability to execute defensively against some good teams. The 353 is built to confuse the blocking schemes and if you have a good nose tackle it really makes it hard to run. It is a very good pass defense as well as you already have 8 guys in position to cover if necessary. I like the split d better and Celina's scheme is one in a million but the 353 is right up there in my mind.

Snydertigersrul
10-15-2007, 06:21 PM
11 votes Sweetwater...

5 votes Clyde...

voted so far...

Hey, I voted for Sweetwater. The Mustangs know how to win BIG games. Sweetwater will win by at least two touchdowns, unless they have turnover problems like Wylie. Then, the Mustangs win in a thriller.

charlesrixey
10-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by BILLYFRED0000
I am neutral and it comes down to execution. Clyde has shown the ability to execute defensively against some good teams. The 353 is built to confuse the blocking schemes and if you have a good nose tackle it really makes it hard to run. It is a very good pass defense as well as you already have 8 guys in position to cover if necessary. I like the split d better and Celina's scheme is one in a million but the 353 is right up there in my mind.

i'm totally in 'agreeance'

Clyde has shown that despite coming up a bit short in a couple of games, they have been very good against some very good teams, and one of these weeks things are going to go their way

i think that this is that week

STANG RED
10-15-2007, 06:33 PM
Hey, I voted for Sweetwater. The Mustangs know how to win BIG games. Sweetwater will win by at least two touchdowns, unless they have turnover problems like Wylie. Then, the Mustangs win in a thriller.

STR:confused: :confused: Who is the imposter posting with your name??? This is just one of several of your latest posts that I totaly agree with. And you have agreed with several of mine. Who is this? Your starting to scare me a little.:devil:

clydedawg34
10-15-2007, 08:16 PM
clyde may have a crappy field but my gosh clyde has a hell of football team home crowd and coaches you let me no on any other community where the town is behind the players through good and bad times i pick clyde to steam roll over commanche brekinridge and sweetwater

clydedawg34
10-15-2007, 08:17 PM
clyde over the rest of the district 7-3a opponets

DaHop72
10-15-2007, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by clydedawg34
clyde over the rest of the district 7-3a opponets Oh my gosh, I wonder if Clyde has a football player that wears #34??:rolleyes:

mustang04
10-15-2007, 08:34 PM
you let me no on any other community where the town is behind the players through good and bad times

i can name ALOT of communities like that....dont worry youngin'...Clyde ain't the only town in Texas that has the community backing up the football team:rolleyes:

3afan
10-15-2007, 08:52 PM
go CLYDE! :thumbsup:

lakers
10-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Oh my gosh, I wonder if Clyde has a football player that wears #34??:rolleyes: i dont think so...

STANG RED
10-15-2007, 09:53 PM
clyde may have a crappy field but my gosh clyde has a hell of football team home crowd and coaches you let me no on any other community where the town is behind the players through good and bad times i pick clyde to steam roll over commanche brekinridge and sweetwater

You come from Rhode Island or something goofball? This is TEXAS. Pretty much every community in this state loves and supports their football team. :doh: :p

sweetwater07
10-15-2007, 10:07 PM

thats a bold statement buddy

Butkus
10-15-2007, 10:17 PM
clyde over the rest of the district 7-3a opponets Imma thinkin this youngin is a runnin a fever.:hand:

sweetwater07
10-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Imma thinkin this youngin is a runnin a fever.:hand:

i concur

lakers
10-15-2007, 10:34 PM
i concur
imma wonderin who this fellur isssss....;)

sweetwater07
10-15-2007, 10:41 PM
imma wonderin who this fellur isssss....;)

me tambien.....its snydertiger2010 reppin another team

lakers
10-15-2007, 10:45 PM
me tambien.....its snydertiger2010 reppin another team

haha, now that would be hilarious...
Except this kid apparently struggles A LOT in his "english" class. There are a lot of gramatical errors in his posts...

sweetwater07
10-15-2007, 10:57 PM
haha, now that would be hilarious...
Except this kid apparently struggles A LOT in his "english" class. There are a lot of gramatical errors in his posts...

i noticed that, maybe he should go to Tech where they cater to stupidity...lol:D

lakers
10-15-2007, 10:58 PM
where he would quickly dropout because it is to hard...
He would have better luck at CJC or Tarelton State...

Mustangpride09
10-15-2007, 11:11 PM
Sweetwater by 28+, just watch.

lakers
10-15-2007, 11:14 PM
oh I will be watchin and I doubt it...
Clyde has a strong team this year whether u realize it or not...

Snydertigersrul
10-15-2007, 11:15 PM
STR:confused: :confused: Who is the imposter posting with your name??? This is just one of several of your latest posts that I totaly agree with. And you have agreed with several of mine. Who is this? Your starting to scare me a little.:devil:

It's me Stang Red. If you don't believe me, ask my good buddy Getten Done Stangs.

Ranger Mom
10-15-2007, 11:26 PM
It's me Stang Red. If you don't believe me, ask my good buddy Getten Done Stangs.

LOL!! I can vouch that it's you......it's just a "kinder, gentler" you!!:p

sweetwater07
10-15-2007, 11:33 PM
where he would quickly dropout because it is to hard...
He would have better luck at CJC or Tarelton State...

don't hurt my feelings none, i'm transferring from this redneck hellhole at semester... LA here i come!!!!

lakers
10-15-2007, 11:37 PM
don't hurt my feelings none, i'm transferring from this redneck hellhole at semester... LA here i come!!!!
LA now i really feel bad for u...
Why would u wanna go all the way to Cali.?
That is the last place i would wanna go, but that is just me...

sweetwater07
10-16-2007, 12:04 AM
LA now i really feel bad for u...
Why would u wanna go all the way to Cali.?
That is the last place i would wanna go, but that is just me...

well i told you the jist of it in that PM but LA is a happenin place bro

Stownhorse
10-16-2007, 01:02 AM
Oh my gosh, I wonder if Clyde has a football player that wears #34??:rolleyes:

Thats his IQ hop.

Stownhorse
10-16-2007, 01:08 AM

Dont count out Breckenridge you big jabroni.

sweetwater07
10-16-2007, 04:15 AM
Dont count out Breckenridge you big jabroni.

Clyde is gonna look past Comanche and get upset for Comanche's first and only win this season

Snydertigersrul
10-16-2007, 06:23 AM
Clyde is gonna look past Comanche and get upset for Comanche's first and only win this season

Clyde is a better team and playing tougher. But moral victories, such as against Graham and Wylie, won't get you into the playoffs. If Clyde doesn't win, that means they must beat Breckenridge if they want to get to the playoffs. Playing at home, they have a shot, but the Mustangs have played in and WON big plays. I still say Sweetwater and it will be in double digits becaise pf their experience and they also have one of the best head coaches in the state.

Butkus
10-16-2007, 08:30 AM
STR:confused: :confused: Who is the imposter posting with your name??? This is just one of several of your latest posts that I totaly agree with. And you have agreed with several of mine. Who is this? Your starting to scare me a little.:devil: Mama called an said u better come an see her this weekend ur startin ta scare her when stuff like this happens.:devil:

tigerbyheart
10-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Clyde is a better team and playing tougher. But moral victories, such as against Graham and Wylie, won't get you into the playoffs. If Clyde doesn't win, that means they must beat Breckenridge if they want to get to the playoffs. Playing at home, they have a shot, but the Mustangs have played in and WON big plays. I still say Sweetwater and it will be in double digits becaise pf their experience and they also have one of the best head coaches in the state.

STR,

Are you feeling ok???? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone...http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2470/smile203ee5e0bql0uf0.png

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2007, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by tigerbyheart
STR,

Are you feeling ok???? I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone...http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/2470/smile203ee5e0bql0uf0.png

I think his wife posts under his name sometimes. You know his
BETTER half.:D

gibby
10-16-2007, 10:58 AM

The problem I see is Clyde seats their band on the visitors side.
There will be no place to set unless you get there during the Freshman game. If the frosh are playing.

Sw by 10

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 11:00 AM
The stadium may be Crappy, but the atmosphere at this game should be electric.

pero chato
10-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by gibby
There will be no place to set unless you get there during the Freshman game. If the frosh are playing.

Sw by 10

In the past, Clyde has put extra seating for the visitors. I would think that in a big game such as this, and with probably most of Sweetwater there in addition to some Wylie folks (moi) attending, they would add the extra seating.

lakers
10-16-2007, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by pero chato
In the past, Clyde has put extra seating for the visitors. I would think that in a big game such as this, and with probably most of Sweetwater there in addition to some Wylie folks (moi) attending, they would add the extra seating.
yeah but I think the visiting team usually has to bring their own seating, which is a bummer...

lakers
10-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by gibby

Sw by 10
huh...what r u talkin about, the bands stay on their sides and the fish play on thursday not friday...but u might have to get their during the freshman game to get a seat. lol

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 11:08 AM
huh...what r u talkin about, the bands stay on their sides and the fish play on thursday not friday...but u might have to get their during the freshman game to get a seat. lol

Don't the Freshman play opposite the varsity. They should be play in Sweetwater. Probably should just pitch a tent during the Jr. High games on thursday and stake a claim. I could see quite a few Wylie people attending since their open.

Parking is still going to be the ulitmate problem!!!

pero chato
10-16-2007, 11:15 AM
yeah but I think the visiting team usually has to bring their own seating, which is a bummer...

Thanks - didn't know that. Maybe SW can bring some extra seating. Hopefully someone has already thought of that.

lakers
10-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Don't the Freshman play opposite the varsity. They should be play in Sweetwater. Probably should just pitch a tent during the Jr. High games on thursday and stake a claim. I could see quite a few Wylie people attending since their open.

Parking is still going to be the ulitmate problem!!!
haha yeah, the trick to parking is doubling up behind the cars that r parked by the railroad tracks, it works everytime...
the games that i have gone to, i have shown up right at kick off and i get good parkin by doubling up...

They should get Wylie to bring their portable bleachers for their fans... they place is gonna be packed friday

heck even Wylies stadium was packed last week for the Clyde game, I was told their wasnt much room to sit on either side...

pero chato
10-16-2007, 11:22 AM
haha yeah, the trick to parking is doubling up behind the cars that r parked by the railroad tracks, it works everytime...
the games that i have gone to, i have shown up right at kick off and i get good parkin by doubling up...

They should get Wylie to bring their portable bleachers for their fans... they place is gonna be packed friday

heck even Wylies stadium was packed last week for the Clyde game, I was told their wasnt much room to sit on either side...

A thief would have had a field day in Clyde last Friday night. Sweetwater is the only other town to fill the visitor's side in recent years at Wylie.

lakers
10-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by pero chato
A thief would have had a field day in Clyde last Friday night. Sweetwater is the only other town to fill the visitor's side in recent years at Wylie.
ur dang right, they have Clyde's population listed as a little over 3500 but I am willin their were more than that at the game...
And that is impressive that swater fans fill it up because they have an hour drive to make instead of a 20 minute drive...
But of course their population is pretty big...How many people live in swater???

Texasfootball2
10-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Shoot man, just save me a seat on the roof of the visitors rest rooms. Thats as good a place as any. Besides I don't trust their bleachers. Last year when Wylie played there. The stands where so full that when something good happened and people were yelling and jumping up and down, the stand would shake like they were fixing to collaspe. I finally got scared enough, I stood in the endzone the whole second half.

STANG RED
10-16-2007, 12:00 PM
ur dang right, they have Clyde's population listed as a little over 3500 but I am willin their were more than that at the game...
And that is impressive that swater fans fill it up because they have an hour drive to make instead of a 20 minute drive...
But of course their population is pretty big...How many people live in swater???

9,000 to 10,000 I think. It was well over 12,000 in the early 80s. Oil feild crash killed us.

lakers
10-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Shoot man, just save me a seat on the roof of the visitors rest rooms. Thats as good a place as any. Besides I don't trust their bleachers. Last year when Wylie played there. The stands where so full that when something good happened and people were yelling and jumping up and down, the stand would shake like they were fixing to collaspe. I finally got scared enough, I stood in the endzone the whole second half.
haha, actually they put new boards in on the visitors side. hopefully they will begin building a new stadium within the next couple of years..

Sweetwater Red
10-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Tick...tock...tick...tock....:( .

Stownhorse
10-16-2007, 02:51 PM
9,000 to 10,000 I think. It was well over 12,000 in the early 80s. Oil feild crash killed us.

Stang Red, I heard that Sweetwater has the fastest decreasing pop. in texas. IDK if its true but it sounds about right...

Man Ive never sat on their bleachers, I always think im gunna get splinters.

STANG RED
10-16-2007, 04:21 PM
Stang Red, I heard that Sweetwater has the fastest decreasing pop. in texas. IDK if its true but it sounds about right...

That may have possibly been true a year or two ago, but the windpower generation industry has really turned things around for one thing, and the oil field is alive and kicking again. Housing shortage is one of the biggest problems in Sweetwater right now. Also since Sweetwater and Oak Creek lakes have filled up we dont have a water shortage issue anymore. So things are really looking up now, and as far as I can tell the forseeable future looks really bright.

sweetwater07
10-16-2007, 04:28 PM
That may have possibly been true a year or two ago, but the windpower generation industry has really turned things around for one thing, and the oil field is alive and kicking again. Housing shortage is one of the biggest problems in Sweetwater right now. Also since Sweetwater and Oak Creek lakes have filled up we dont have a water shortage issue anymore. So things are really looking up now, and as far as I can tell the forseeable future looks really bright.

those windmills are bringin a lot of money to Sweetwater

Stownhorse
10-16-2007, 04:42 PM
those windmills are bringin a lot of money to Sweetwater

You mean to Blackwell, Highland, Trent and Roscoe? Because Sweetwater isnt seeing a lick of that money...Well once the windmill companies get settled in there wont be as big of a need for jobs out there, just maintinence...

sweetwater07
10-16-2007, 05:10 PM
You mean to Blackwell, Highland, Trent and Roscoe? Because Sweetwater isnt seeing a lick of that money...Well once the windmill companies get settled in there wont be as big of a need for jobs out there, just maintinence...

thats true, but its going to be a while before they get settled in, that crew i was on this summer took 6 months just to dig 35 holes, not to mention everything that gets done after the hole is dug. And after they get settled, those companies will travel and take anyone and everyone who wants to travel and work

Scholar
10-16-2007, 08:42 PM
I'll take Clyde by 20.

gobbler grad
10-16-2007, 08:54 PM
pulling for Sweetwater, but Clyde pulls off the upset...:thinking:

21-20

Stownhorse
10-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Scholar
I'll take Clyde by 20.

I'd be willing to bet you on that one.

KTA
10-17-2007, 03:00 AM
So all of you who think SW is going to win by 14+ think SW can do something that Graham, Wylie, Burkburnett, and Vernon couldnt do?

Graham won by 12
Wylie won by 1 in OT
Burkburnett won by 7 in OT
Vernon lost by 19

I dont think so

Clyde's offense takes too much time off the clock for a high scoring game. Like I said earlier Clyde by 14.

One more thing, everybody has been complaining about "(enter team name) turning over the ball too much, thats why Clyde has been in all of these game" You ever think MAYBE there D is good, and causes alot of these turnovers???:crazy:

KTA
10-17-2007, 03:02 AM
oh yeah, I'll still take Clyde by 14

KTA
10-17-2007, 03:04 AM
ONE MORE THING

Wichita Falls 40
Sweetwater 19

Wichita Falls 21
Burkburnett 17

I know this dont mean anything cause some teams match up differently........but it gives you something extra to think about defensively;)

Snydertigersrul
10-17-2007, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by KTA
ONE MORE THING

Wichita Falls 40
Sweetwater 19

Wichita Falls 21
Burkburnett 17

I know this dont mean anything cause some teams match up differently........but it gives you something extra to think about defensively;)

I changed my opinion about the game, SWEETWATER will win by 28

Texasfootball2
10-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by KTA
So all of you who think SW is going to win by 14+ think SW can do something that Graham, Wylie, Burkburnett, and Vernon couldnt do?

Graham won by 12
Wylie won by 1 in OT
Burkburnett won by 7 in OT
Vernon lost by 19

I dont think so

Clyde's offense takes too much time off the clock for a high scoring game. Like I said earlier Clyde by 14.

One more thing, everybody has been complaining about "(enter team name) turning over the ball too much, thats why Clyde has been in all of these game" You ever think MAYBE there D is good, and causes alot of these turnovers???:crazy:

I will say this, Wylie fumbled the ball three out of the first four possessions. One of them was just the RB dropping the ball before anyone he touch him (this was the first one on the 18 yardline), but the other two were forced by defensive players making plays. Clyde's defense is very physical and they will continue to get turnovers.

eagles72
10-17-2007, 09:10 AM
Clyde by 7

STANG RED
10-17-2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by KTA
ONE MORE THING

Wichita Falls 40
Sweetwater 19

Wichita Falls 21
Burkburnett 17

Those scores do mean nothing. That was Sweetwaters first game of the year. There were more questions than answers at that point. We had a lot of new players that had never played varsity before that were still being evaluated and still trying to figure out where to be and what to do. Our starting QB was out from being injured in a scrimmage also. That Sweetwater team doesnt come even close to resembeling the one that is on the field now.

Texasfootball2
10-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Those scores do mean nothing. That was Sweetwaters first game of the year. There were more questions than answers at that point. We had a lot of new players that had never played varsity before that were still being evaluated and still trying to figure out where to be and what to do. Our starting QB was out from being injured in a scrimmage also. That Sweetwater team doesnt come even close to resembeling the one that is on the field now.

From what I've heard, Not one of Sweetwaters starting backfield that has been playing during the five game winning streak was playing during the first two games of the year. If this is true then I think Sweetwater has it going pretty good and will be tough to beat. But Clyde will be no push over. If Sweetwater doesn't turn the ball over they will win, but if the Clyde defense continues to create turnovers, Clyde could win this game.

Mustangpride09
10-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Talking to the guys, this is the game they've been waiting for. Last year as a sophmore steven fields playing at linebacker who is at least 50 lbs lighter than kevil single handedly shut him down. We win this game by 4 TD's. They havent played a run defense that is even close to ours this year. Unless they begin passing, they wont score in this game.

Sweetwater Red
10-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Mustangpride09
Talking to the guys, this is the game they've been waiting for. Last year as a sophmore steven fields playing at linebacker who is at least 50 lbs lighter than kevil single handedly shut him down. We win this game by 4 TD's. They havent played a run defense that is even close to ours this year. Unless they begin passing, they wont score in this game.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Holsey playing in the secondary
over the next two weeks either.:D

Black_Magic
10-17-2007, 01:09 PM
Talking to the guys, this is the game they've been waiting for. Last year as a sophmore steven fields playing at linebacker who is at least 50 lbs lighter than kevil single handedly shut him down. We win this game by 4 TD's. They havent played a run defense that is even close to ours this year. Unless they begin passing, they wont score in this game. Good one for the future .

Sweetwater Red
10-17-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
Good one for the future .

What? You think we are only going to win by 2 or 3 TD's?:thinking:

Black_Magic
10-17-2007, 01:30 PM
What? You think we are only going to win by 2 or 3 TD's?:thinking: I believe this may be one of the closest games there are on the books. Giving the edge to the home team. where is this going to be played anyway? It should be a close one.

Sweetwater Red
10-17-2007, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
I believe this may be one of the closest games there are on the books. Giving the edge to the home team. where is this going to be played anyway? It should be a close one.

In Clyde.

Ya'll do have a bye week...Snyder is not that far from Clyde...:thinking: :devil:

TripleH
10-17-2007, 02:10 PM
In Clyde.

Ya'll do have a bye week...Snyder is not that far from Clyde...:thinking: :devil: Will you supply the lawn chairs Sweetwater Red? It sounds like there may not be anywhere to sit. I think the whole story of this game will be Kevil vs. the Sweetwater defense.

sweetwater07
10-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Will you supply the lawn chairs Sweetwater Red? It sounds like there may not be anywhere to sit. I think the whole story of this game will be Kevil vs. the Sweetwater defense.

its was similar last year except it was Curtis Keval vs. Stephen Fields.....and we saw the turnout of that

TripleH
10-17-2007, 02:27 PM
its was similar last year except it was Curtis Keval vs. Stephen Fields.....and we saw the turnout of that Ah, but you never know what a year may bring sweetwater07.

Sweetwater Red
10-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Will you supply the lawn chairs Sweetwater Red? It sounds like there may not be anywhere to sit. I think the whole story of this game will be Kevil vs. the Sweetwater defense.

What do you need chairs for? You Snyder folks are going to be on
our side of the field standing and cheering the Mustangs the
whole game.:D :devil:

DaHop72
10-17-2007, 02:58 PM
What do you need chairs for? You Snyder folks are going to be on
our side of the field standing and cheering the Mustangs the
whole game.:D :devil: Hey Red, are you going to buy me a ticket??:devil:

lakers
10-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Hey Red, are you going to buy me a ticket??:devil:

I get in free because my mom is an employee of the school district and because the lady running the front gate was my baby-sitter when i was like 4 or 5...:D

It's not what u know, its who u know...

lakers
10-17-2007, 03:05 PM
In Clyde.

Ya'll do have a bye week...Snyder is not that far from Clyde...:thinking: :devil:
Only an hour and twenty minutes, I drive through Snyder to Clyde every friday...

Sweetwater Red
10-17-2007, 03:11 PM

If you are serious I'll be waiting at the gate until 10 minutes
before kick-off with your ticket in my hand.:D

I might even have an extra if I see a guy with red hair and
wearing Ray-Bans.:devil:

Stownhorse
10-17-2007, 04:26 PM

Hey hop, you gunna be at our game?

DaHop72
10-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Hey hop, you gunna be at our game? I have to get with my little running buddy tonight and see. We nearly came last week but I convinced him it probably wouldn't be much game. But I think there is a good chance we make the one this Friday.

SNYDER325TIGERS
10-17-2007, 04:42 PM
I pick CLyde by 14, I'll be at the game since snyders bye week

KTA
10-17-2007, 05:25 PM
They havent played a run defense that is even close to ours this year

Ummmmm, GRAHAM'S:crazy:

Stownhorse
10-17-2007, 05:44 PM
I have to get with my little running buddy tonight and see. We nearly came last week but I convinced him it probably wouldn't be much game. But I think there is a good chance we make the one this Friday.

Let me know so maybe we can meet up at half.

sweetwater07
10-17-2007, 06:48 PM
Let me know so maybe we can meet up at half.

damn the closer this game gets, it makes me want to drive over and watch it

cuz everyone knows Cleburne and Stephenville won't be anything but a track meet

lakers
10-17-2007, 07:43 PM
damn the closer this game gets, it makes me want to drive over and watch it

cuz everyone knows Cleburne and Stephenville won't be anything but a track meet
hey, I'm drivin all the way from Lubbock to watch it, u could make a little trip down to Clyde pretty easy...

bandera7
10-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Im going with Sweetwater by 7, just because Holsey is my boy.

TigerPride
10-18-2007, 08:03 AM
I get in free because my mom is an employee of the school district and because the lady running the front gate was my baby-sitter when i was like 4 or 5...:D

It's not what u know, its who u know...
You save a whoppin 5$$, way to support your school district. GO TIGERS!!(the best 5-2 team in the state)

DaHop72
10-18-2007, 08:14 AM
If you are serious I'll be waiting at the gate until 10 minutes
before kick-off with your ticket in my hand.:D

I might even have an extra if I see a guy with red hair and
wearing Ray-Bans.:devil: Talked to my little running buddy and we will be there.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2007, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by TigerPride
You save a whoppin 5$$, way to support your school district.
He's driving from Lubbock on a college student budget. When my dad was coaching, I did the same thing. At least he is supporting the team by being there.

Ranger Mom
10-18-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
He's driving from Lubbock on a college student budget. When my dad was coaching, I did the same thing. At least he is supporting the team by being there.

LOL!! Heck, my team or not, I always take FREE if it's offered to me!

Sweetwater Red
10-18-2007, 09:24 AM
You save a whoppin 5$$, way to support your school district. GO TIGERS!!(the best 5-2 team in the state)

Trust me. I'll make up the difference at the snack bar.:D

Mustangpride09
10-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by KTA

Ours is better, plus they didnt even score against Graham, point proven.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
They havent played a run defense that is even close to ours this year.

Originally posted by KTA

Some folks just make it sooooooo easy. :devil:

Do you realize that by your post you actually sort of proved KTA's point? :doh: :doh:

Engage rational thought processes before typing. :p

Ranger Mom
10-18-2007, 01:22 PM

Do you realize that by your post you actually sort of proved KTA's point? :doh: :doh:

ROFL!!!:D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2007, 01:26 PM
ROFL!!!:D :D :D
Sometimes I just can't help myself. :evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

Sweetwater Red
10-18-2007, 01:30 PM

I was really hoping 09 would re-read and edit that before
some one quoted it.:doh: :D

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2007, 01:32 PM
I was really hoping 09 would re-read and edit that before
some one quoted it.:doh: :D
I'm not convinced he'll get it, even now. ;)

I need to figure out where I put that foot-in-mouth picture. :thinking:

TinyTim
10-18-2007, 05:23 PM
If coach slaughter does not panick like he did last friday night and let his defense do what should have got the opportunity to do with 3 and a half minutes to go in the fourth quarter against wylie, then clyde will win by a touchdown.

don't pass the ball this week. Let your defense win it.

RMAC
10-18-2007, 06:05 PM

Somebody has their idiot-caps on today. :evillol:

lakers
10-18-2007, 07:08 PM

Some people just dont know when to keep their mouth shut now do they...:dispntd:

At least he is good at making himself sound like an idiot. :thumbsup:

I bet u make ur boys from swater proud now dont u...:nerd:

Stownhorse
10-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Hey yall leave my boy alone! Pick on me.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Hey yall leave my boy alone! Pick on me.
Stick your foot in your mouth like he did and we will. :D ;)

Stownhorse
10-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Stick your foot in your mouth like he did and we will. :D ;)

no :tongue:

sweetwater07
10-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Some people just dont know when to keep their mouth shut now do they...:dispntd:

At least he is good at making himself sound like an idiot. :thumbsup:

I bet u make ur boys from swater proud now dont u...:nerd:

that dude actually knows quite a bit about football than i originally thought he would when i first met him my junior year.... hes a cool cat too.....so back off fool:mad: :mad:

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2007, 06:35 AM
no :tongue:
:( I won't be toooooo hard on you. ;)

Stownhorse
10-19-2007, 09:33 AM
:( I won't be toooooo hard on you. ;)

Lol I'm use to it.

Sweetwater Red
10-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Abilene reporter-news take on the game.

http://reporternews.com/news/2007/oct/17/mustangs-are-latest-roadblock-for-clyde/

Mustangpride09
10-19-2007, 01:01 PM
Well, I was actually kidding about that. But I really do think our run defense is better. Just my opinion.

zebrablue2
10-19-2007, 03:42 PM
should be a great game. good luck to both teams, and play injury free.

Snydertigersrul
10-19-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by zebrablue2
should be a great game. good luck to both teams, and play injury free.

I wonder if the officiating crew from the Clyde-Wylie game will be assigned to this game.

Stownhorse
10-19-2007, 05:28 PM
I wonder if the officiating crew from the Clyde-Wylie game will be assigned to this game.

its likely lol

TigerPride
10-19-2007, 10:12 PM
I always take FREE if it's offered to me! That doesn't surprise me.. GO TIGERS!!(the best 5-2 team in the state)

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2007, 11:40 PM
That doesn't surprise me..
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
10-19-2007, 11:52 PM
That doesn't surprise me.. GO TIGERS!!(the best 5-2 team in the state)

I could really care less if it does or doesn't surprise you, if the truth be known.

If someone offers me a free ticket then I am gonna say, "thanks" and take it!! That doesn't make me any less a supporter.:rolleyes: