PDA

View Full Version : I have never felt so good about a team after losing 48-27

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Sounds strange..But I thought Dallas showed some good things

Romo played well after a terrible week...Jones looked good running...Penalties KILLED Dallas.

I still want to see defense with Henry and Newman both playing

Dallas was in this game in the second half and Pats just showed how good they were and not IMO how bad Dallas is or anything like that. I still like Dallas's chances in NFC

BuffyMars
10-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Sounds strange..But I thought Dallas showed some good things

Romo played well after a terrible week...Jones looked good running...Penalties KILLED Dallas.

I still want to see defense with Henry and Newman both playing

Dallas was in this game in the second half and Pats just showed how good they were and not IMO how bad Dallas is or anything like that. I still like Dallas's chances in NFC

ok you totally redeemed yourself. just so long as i dont hear "tom brady" in your sleep......

piratebg
10-14-2007, 06:55 PM
They did look good. New Englands defense is not as invincible as I thought they were. Jones and Barber looked pretty good too. If Henry is not back for the Vikings, then he should definitely be back in time for the Eagles and the defense will be at full strength for the first time. Now we are just waiting on Glen.

Emerson1
10-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Kenny Phillips for 08 1st round cowboys pick!

Old Tiger
10-14-2007, 06:58 PM
That guy from LSU? Reggie Smith?

Gp83
10-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Tank Johnson going to help Dallas D a ton

piratebg
10-14-2007, 07:00 PM
What is the word on his suspension? Was it lowered to 6 or not?

necks_c/09
10-14-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
Tank Johnson going to help Dallas D a ton sure....

maybe hell shoot tom brady and then they can win

Emerson1
10-14-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
Tank Johnson going to help Dallas D a ton
Stopping the run wasn't really the problem.

piratebg
10-14-2007, 07:07 PM
A little more pressure on the QB couldn't hurt.

slpybear the bullfan
10-14-2007, 07:11 PM
I did NOT feel any better about Dallas after this loss.

We come out slow again and look lethargic in the first quarter. Down by 14 and then can only muster a FG to cut it to ten.

Defense fails to maintain pressure for most of game and Brady kills ya.

PENALTIES. WOW.

Three and outs in second half put the nail in the coffin.

Now, don't get me wrong, I loves me some Cowboys... lifelong fan here.

But... so far I see a team that generally can beat up the weaker ones... has an offense that spots everyone a head start... and has a D that cannot stop quality teams.

The Boys are not up in the elite of the league. They are good... not great. Not yet anyway.

Now the interesting part I believe is that I think this team can continue to get better over the season and be there by the end of the season. I definitely think we are still to play our best ball of the year.

Go Boys!

JR2004
10-14-2007, 07:13 PM
Well...lol...This game showed the gap between the two conferences. The NFC is giving the NBA's JV conference a run for its money which sucks because I don't like seeing anyone besides Tennessee do good in the AFC.

3afan
10-14-2007, 07:31 PM
not really - you have NE & Indy in the AFC ... then the next 6 best teams may be from the NFC ... the gap is not as big in '07 as it has been the past few years

burnet44
10-14-2007, 07:40 PM
I have never felt so good about a team after losing 48-27

me too

BobcatBenny
10-14-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm gonna say that the Cowboys are just fine. Would have been a much more interesting game without the Cowboys shooting themselves in the foot and the refs blowing calls.

Can't do anything about the refs, but the Cowboys can work on their discipline. Can Phillips get this team's penalties down?

We will see if the Cowboys are willing to work.

pirate4state
10-14-2007, 08:29 PM
I feel pretty good too. I would have liked the win, but damn the Pats are just too GOOD!!! 100 yards in penalties???? WTH!!! WOW :doh:

Oh well....on to the Vikings :D