PDA

View Full Version : IHStangFan's Week 6 takes, thoughts, breakdown.

IHStangFan
10-14-2007, 12:59 PM
WOW...what a crazy week/season!! Let's start w/ District 23. WHAT THE CRAP IS GOIN ON?!?!

Needville is heavily favored early, they drop one to Columbus who appears to have the goods to run the table. Needville drops a 2nd one this week to Sealy, who also has a loss to Columbus. Then I see where virtual nobody in District 23 Brookshire Royal DESTROYS Columbus? WOW!!! Meanwhile West Columbia is quietly moving up the latter. This district will be a dogfight to the end it is appearing, w/ no clear-cut winner as of yet.

Some scores that made me say "WHOA!":

Van over Brownsboro 41-16...I was expecting a closer game

Waco La Vega over China Spring 42-13....again..I expected it to be closer

Liberty Hill over Rockdale 37-25...I expected this one to be alot worse.

Kirbyville over Orangefield 49-42....WAY closer than I thought..Orangefield is now 0-6.

Navasota over Bellville 35-25..I expected about this score..but in Bellville's favor. This is a tough district!

Sealy over Needville 31-28. Didn't see this one coming at all.

Brookshire Royal over Columbus 41-13...this is the biggest surprise of all. Brookshire Royal out of NOWHERE..DESTROYS the district fav.

Gonzales over Goliad 70-14. WOW! Goliad isn't THAT great..but I did not expect this.

Looks like this season in HS ball is shaping up to be just as interesting as college ball this year. Lots of unexpected things happening. Makes it just that much more exciting!!

necks_c/09
10-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
WOW...what a crazy week/season!! Let's start w/ District 23. WHAT THE CRAP IS GOIN ON?!?!

Needville is heavily favored early, they drop one to Columbus who appears to have the goods to run the table. Needville drops a 2nd one this week to Sealy, who also has a loss to Columbus. Then I see where virtual nobody in District 23 Brookshire Royal DESTROYS Columbus? WOW!!! Meanwhile West Columbia is quietly moving up the latter. This district will be a dogfight to the end it is appearing, w/ no clear-cut winner as of yet.

Some scores that made me say "WHOA!":

Van over Brownsboro 41-16...I was expecting a closer game

Waco La Vega over China Spring 42-13....again..I expected it to be closer

Kirbyville over Orangefield 49-42....WAY closer than I thought..Orangefield is now 0-6.

Navasota over Bellville 35-25..I expected about this score..but in Bellville's favor. This is a tough district!

Brookshire Royal over Columbus 41-13...this is the biggest surprise of all. Brookshire Royal out of NOWHERE..DESTROYS the district fav.

Gonzales over Goliad 70-14. WOW! Goliad isn't THAT great..but I did not expect this.

Looks like this season in HS ball is shaping up to be just as interesting as college ball this year. Lots of unexpected things happening. Makes it just that much more exciting!! do u mean district 24.....?

but i agree on all, interesting season if nothing less

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2007, 01:15 PM

Man, we can't win for losing. We either "run up the score" or "don't beat people bad enough". :p ;) If both sides decide to show up for all FOUR quarters, and NOT get 105 yds worth of penalties, I kind of feel bad for whoever we're playing. Having two kids playing both ways a big part of the time might be contributing. But, yeah....I think most everyone thought it would be worse. And the Rockdale kids had a lot to say in the score, as well.

Our kids "know" that every team is going to play them tough, but maybe that knowledge leaves their head come game time. I think they must get reminded at the half. ;)

IHStangFan
10-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Man, we can't win for losing. We either "run up the score" or "don't beat people bad enough". :p ;) If both sides decide to show up for all FOUR quarters, and NOT get 105 yds worth of penalties, I kind of feel bad for whoever we're playing. Having two kids playing both ways a big part of the time might be contributing. But, yeah....I think most everyone thought it would be worse. And the Rockdale kids had a lot to say in the score, as well.

Our kids "know" that every team is going to play them tough, but maybe that knowledge leaves their head come game time. I think they must get reminded at the half. ;) HEY!! I've never said anything about LH running the score up on anyone!! :p

Txbroadcaster
10-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Van was leading at half 15-9..then just opened the flood gates in the second half..But the score IMO does not show how close the game was

IHStangFan
10-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
do u mean district 24.....?

but i agree on all, interesting season if nothing less yeah....thats what I meant...but at the same time...D23 is TOUGH!

big daddy russ
10-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
Jimmy Mitchell's a hell of a coach. The folks in Sinton let go of a good one, but it's been a blessing for the guys over in Sealy.

I hope this shuts up all the Sealy fans who were unhappy with him two weeks into the season because he skipped a booster meeting. You guys should be thankful you have a guy like Mitchell. And this couldn't be happening to a better guy.

Man, I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a while. Feels good.

zebrablue2
10-15-2007, 12:14 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by big daddy russ
Jimmy Mitchell's a hell of a coach. The folks in Sinton let go of a good one, but it's been a blessing for the guys over in Sealy.

I hope this shuts up all the Sealy fans who were unhappy with him two weeks into the season because he skipped a booster meeting. You guys should be thankful you have a guy like Mitchell. And this couldn't be happening to a better guy.

Man, I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a while. Feels good. [/QUOTE

agreed. he may be a year ahead of my prediction. I thought he would make the playoffs in his second year. he may just do it in 2007.

IHStangFan
10-15-2007, 12:26 PM
I don't know if I'd be predicting who's going to the playoffs out of this district (D24) just yet. It came down to the last week last year...and I have a feeling it is going to be a repeat of last year. Last game counts. You have Needville who whooped up on a good Port Lavaca Calhoun team that beat up on D30 leader Ingleside. Then Columbus comes in undefeated and beats Needville in a stunner....the following week Columbus goes down and takes out Sealy. They look unstoppable. THEN..the next week, match up against proverbial doormat Brookshire Royal and get HAMMERED! Meanwhile West Columbia is flying low under the radar quietly picking up district wins. This districts is anyones for the taking at this point.

pirate4state
10-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ

Man, I've been wanting to get that off my chest for a while. Feels good.

The Sealy fans won't shut up unless he makes the playoffs and even then I'm sure they'll have something to say - that's just how it goes! Mitchell is a good coach and I wish him all the best! :thumbsup: