PDA

View Full Version : Needville Bluejays

necks_c/09
10-14-2007, 08:44 AM
They were highly touted coming into this season and now have 2 distict losses to Sealy and Columbus.

Do they make the playoffs?

What's going on down in nerdville?

zebrablue2
10-14-2007, 09:11 AM
good question only the coach can answer. I still think they can turn the season around, if the talent is there, as was stated before the season started. with columbus having some injury issues, and sealy still young, needville can still claim the 2ed or 3rd spot for the playoffs. than a new season starts. JMO.

JDOG
10-14-2007, 11:31 AM
Needville is big and strong . After seeing them play I said a team with speed will hurt them. We did not have enough this year to effect them ,but that is what will beat them when they lose. Not taking anything away from them but speed will hurt them.

tigerpride_08
10-14-2007, 01:26 PM
i kind of think one more loss could put them out of contention....don't they play WC this week?

necks_c/09
10-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
i kind of think one more loss could put them out of contention....don't they play WC this week? No, we play in Columbus this week, then were at home against Needville on the 26.

but yea.....

one more loss and they pretty much done....

especially if it comes against us....

scotty
10-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Needville, in spite of losting two district games, still has a good football team. They have size and I agree with an earlier poster that quickness will give them trouble. Sealy is much smaller but quicker. If Needville gets ahead, they have the type of team that can 3- and 4- yard you to death. They have good looking kids and Wilkerson is a player. It wouldn't surprise me if Needville won the rest of its games. The district is really up in the air and several teams could win it. Very likely this district race won't be decided until the last game.

JDOG
10-14-2007, 03:45 PM
I agree. I think several spots will be open until the last week and then it could come down to a tie breaker. WC has the edge but I do believe they have the tough part of the schedule to go. It is definately up for grabs and this disrict is almost like college football as far as surprises and upsets.

Antec
10-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Well they play Royal on Friday and they have a lot of speed and quickness

necks_c/09
10-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Well they play Royal on Friday and they have a lot of speed and quickness I still think Needville should win but who knows after that "donkey-stomping" they served up to Columbus

JDOG
10-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by Antec
Well they play Royal on Friday and they have a lot of speed and quickness That is true and I would have said it wouldn't matter but after the Columbus game who knows!

IHStangFan
10-31-2007, 12:20 AM
After watching the Brookshire Royal game and the WC game, the Needville coaches have addressed a few of their issues and have made the proper adjustments. They have opened up the O a bit and it seems to be working well. If all goes well they should win out and make the playoffs. With that being said...anyone who pays attention to this district knows anything can happen come Friday night though. Should be interesting.

Rattlesnake_08
10-31-2007, 12:25 PM
What other teams, besides Needville, could go D1 in the playoffs?

IHStangFan
10-31-2007, 12:46 PM
as it stands now, Needville is the DI rep. w/ Sealy and Columbus going DII I believe. If Needville loses their last 2 games depending on & Columbia wins 1 more game (I think) then it'd be West Columbia. If Needville and Columbia BOTH miss the playoffs somehow...then Sealy would go DI and Sweeny and Columbus would go DII? I'm making this up as I go by looking at the district standings and whatnot...it might not be entirely accurate, but its the best I could do this quick. :)