PDA

View Full Version : #1 and #2 lose today

KTA
10-13-2007, 09:43 PM
too bad this makes Ohio State #1 in the AP.........after the BCS is said and done im betting South Florida is #1

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 09:50 PM
top 25 is a joke.....

been saying this for a while....

Its 119 teams that can play with any other team....

Just ask usc about stanford..... theyll tell ya really quick or texas about k state

i could go on but ya get my point

zebrablue2
10-13-2007, 09:54 PM
very good point.

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 09:55 PM
as much as i'd like to see a playoff there won't be. too much money is tied up into bowl games and all that

Big Papa
10-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
top 25 is a joke.....

been saying this for a while....

Its 119 teams that can play with any other team....

Just ask usc about stanford..... theyll tell ya really quick or texas about k state

i could go on but ya get my point

thats a lil bit of an exaggeration about the 119 teams and all...but a good point there is a alot of parody in college football now

TheDOCTORdre
10-13-2007, 10:09 PM
could a year like this help even the recruiting field a little bit

Necked
10-13-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
but a good point there is a alot of parody in college football now

This is the BCS's worst nightmare. It needs to have 3 or 4 teams that are way beter than the rest to keep the selection controversies to a minimum....
Its a joke, so they should just drop the national championship ruse & just let the teams battle to see who gets into the highest paying bowl games. There are enough of those around to keep most of the colleges swimming in the money they want instead of complaining about where they are ranked...

rundoe
10-13-2007, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
as much as i'd like to see a playoff there won't be. too much money is tied up into bowl games and all that

Thats what i meant on my other post when i said there would have to be lots of changing in order for college to have a " Super Bowl." $$$$$$$$$

KTJ
10-13-2007, 11:17 PM

There would be more money made with a playoff, I would think.

I hate that tOSU will be #1 tomorrow. I really hate that.

sahen
10-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Necked
This is the BCS's worst nightmare. It needs to have 3 or 4 teams that are way beter than the rest to keep the selection controversies to a minimum....

Bingo...what we need is for there to be many years like this in a row and then the need for a playoff will be even more evident....You need the big name programs to start getting knocked off and not playing for the title games or BCS so that they arent getting the big money from the bowls...then they will want a playoff for a chance to make more revenue....as it is now they are the ones making they most money, why would they want to help the others out and change the system?

KTA
10-14-2007, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

I hate that tOSU will be #1 tomorrow. I really hate that.

That and Pryor is leaning towards them as well :mad:

JHS_c/o_06'
10-14-2007, 04:18 AM
if things keep going like they have the first half of the season, Texas could still be in the NC race. HAHA

Phil C
10-14-2007, 08:35 AM

You are right I am afraid Go. Everyone wants it but the college presidents. BCS is talking about taking four teams which would be better but to really do it right you need to take the top 16 teams like Division 2. This would leave pleanty of good teams for remaining bowls and give us a real NC.

I think it will happen. But it will take years.

Hopefully there will be much controversy this year and in future years to get it done is say about 50 years.

Old Tiger
10-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

I hate that tOSU will be #1 tomorrow. I really hate that. USF could be. They have quality wins over Auburn and West Virginia. Ohio State hasn't played anyone yet.