PDA

View Full Version : Rockdale Tigers - Playoffs or Bust !!!!

Milk That Cow
10-13-2007, 07:16 PM
A Great First Half against the State Champions Liberty Hill Panthers...

But there are No Moral Victories in my book...

You Gotta Win The Game...

So, the Tigers have shown they can get it done, just not for four quarters...

Well, It's Time To Get It Done...

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!!

It's There for the Taking...

The Rest of the Schedule( Two Wins and you are IN....)

HUTTO - Frustation all around, losses mounting, as they are Not Playing Well At All....

CAMERON - A TON of tradition, but one of the weaker teams they have had in years...

TAYLOR - Just not a good team and haven't been real competitive...

So, if they can't get it done with this schedule....

Then, I know the first person I'm gonna blame(and it's not the Coach) for the demise of Tiger Football and Tiger Athletics...

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Milk That Cow

So, the Tigers have shown they can get it done, just not for four quarters...

Well, It's Time To Get It Done...

PLAYOFFS OR BUST!!!

It's There for the Taking...

The Rest of the Schedule( Two Wins and you are IN....)

HUTTO - Frustation all around, losses mounting, as they are Not Playing Well At All....

CAMERON - A TON of tradition, but one of the weaker teams they have had in years...

TAYLOR - Just not a good team and haven't been real competitive...

So, if they can't get it done with this schedule....

Then, I know the first person I'm gonna blame(and it's not the Coach) for the demise of Tiger Football and Tiger Athletics...

Who will you blame?

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Who will you blame? good question

Johnny Utah
10-14-2007, 02:56 PM
Who really cares. Battle of the Bell for a Playoff spot!!!

txhsfball
10-14-2007, 04:22 PM

I disagree with that, talked to a couple of players since the game and they felt pretty good with the way they played and felt very good about the game next week against Hutto, a game that they now feel they can and should win.

Milk That Cow
10-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Okay, it should have been who do I blame first...

That would be the Superintendent and his selection process for hiring coaches...

For all the problems Tiger Athletics has been having these last few years, it's obviously bigger than who is the latest coach...

It's who is "hiring" the coaches....

As the talent in Rockdale is still good enough to win games in football and volleyball...

Old Tiger
10-14-2007, 08:51 PM
Okay, it should have been who do I blame first...

That would be the Superintendent and his selection process for hiring coaches...

For all the problems Tiger Athletics has been having these last few years, it's obviously bigger than who is the latest coach...

It's who is "hiring" the coaches....

As the talent in Rockdale is still good enough to win games in football and volleyball... Hm...interesting point

ILS1
10-14-2007, 08:52 PM
BUST!!!!!!!!!!!

yoemenkracker30
10-15-2007, 12:19 AM

I'd say Cameron, being as young as they are, has by far surpassed the expectations put on them this year....Keep up the good work Yoe!

Johnny Utah
10-15-2007, 07:45 AM
The Superintendent has been in Rockdale for a LONG TIME, started as an ag teacher, worked his way up. Has been Super for 20+ years. IT is his fault? Your funny Milk. Rockdale Vball has been good in one span that is it! Girls hoops was the focus as is softball. Hoops is down now, may be talent, do not really know. Do know Rockdale can win, not the Super's fault in my opinion. JMO.

Milk That Cow
10-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Utah
The Superintendent has been in Rockdale for a LONG TIME, started as an ag teacher, worked his way up. Has been Super for 20+ years. IT is his fault? Your funny Milk. Rockdale Vball has been good in one span that is it! Girls hoops was the focus as is softball. Hoops is down now, may be talent, do not really know. Do know Rockdale can win, not the Super's fault in my opinion. JMO.

Well, I think Accountability Starts At The Top...

Well the Girls Hoops Program was like 4-25 last year and went 0-fer in district...

The Baseball Team went 0-fer in district last year with a long losing streak...

The Track Program(which has more tradition than all other sports) hit rock bottom last year...

The Football Program has Three Games to turn around what has been a "tough" recent history...

Along with a bunch of transfers moving out of town over the years to play for neighboring towns...

The only constant thing(other than coaching changes) has been a superintendent who has even let the academic success of Rockdale ISD slide during his tenure as well...

The Tigers have hired more athletic coaches in the last three years than most schools hire in a decade....

Why the revolving door?

I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just trying to put a spotlight on what is troubling the Tigers...

loaded
10-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Maybe the coaches are running because of the lack of talent. Coaches generally leave when the talent pool is dry. It is not always someone's fault when a team is losing. Often it is because the other teams have more naturally gifted boys and girls. Just like Rockdale probably of had when they were succesful in many different sports.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Well, I think Accountability Starts At The Top...

Well the Girls Hoops Program was like 4-25 last year and went 0-fer in district...

The Baseball Team went 0-fer in district last year with a long losing streak...

The Track Program(which has more tradition than all other sports) hit rock bottom last year...

The Football Program has Three Games to turn around what has been a "tough" recent history...

Along with a bunch of transfers moving out of town over the years to play for neighboring towns...

The only constant thing(other than coaching changes) has been a superintendent who has even let the academic success of Rockdale ISD slide during his tenure as well...

The Tigers have hired more athletic coaches in the last three years than most schools hire in a decade....

Why the revolving door?

I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just trying to put a spotlight on what is troubling the Tigers...

I must say that I agree with you 100%. It's funny too, the people who are on the search committee to bring in the coaches are the same people in the stands with an exasperated look on their face when they see our sports teams not doing very well, and these are the same people who brought in Robby Clark and the same people who brought in Jeff Miller.

txhsfball
10-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by loaded
Maybe the coaches are running because of the lack of talent. Coaches generally leave when the talent pool is dry. It is not always someone's fault when a team is losing. Often it is because the other teams have more naturally gifted boys and girls. Just like Rockdale probably of had when they were succesful in many different sports.
A good point but I dont think that is the situation now, coach Creghan was pretty much ran out of town, and Coach Clark left for a better job. I think the Tigers are going to be alright under Coach Miller, I expect a strong finish to lead up to next year which should be a good one.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-15-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by txhsfball
A good point but I dont think that is the situation now, coach Creghan was pretty much ran out of town, and Coach Clark left for a better job. I think the Tigers are going to be alright under Coach Miller, I expect a strong finish to lead up to next year which should be a good one.

I don't really care who the coach is, I just want them to do well. I know how it feels, I was one of the seniors who went 3-7 and that was the year we were stacked with talent but just couldn't get it together, and that was in my opinion due in large part to who had the clipboard...

Milk That Cow
10-15-2007, 06:22 PM
If you don't think Rockdale doesn't have Talent....

Then you don't know Talent...

They have Players down in Tiger Land...

Have always had Players/Talent down in Rockdale...

They need to get the Leadership "off the field"....

So, it can translate to Wins "on the field".....

loaded
10-15-2007, 06:47 PM
If you don't think Rockdale doesn't have Talent....

Then you don't know Talent...

They have Players down in Tiger Land...

Have always had Players/Talent down in Rockdale...

They need to get the Leadership "off the field"....

So, it can translate to Wins "on the field".....

Do you see this "talent" on a daily basis? What makes you the expert on judging talent? I live too far away too even have a guess whether the talent is there or not. Evidently you are a part of this school to know that the talent is there.

bobcat1
10-15-2007, 06:55 PM
COME ON HUTTO!

rundoe
10-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by loaded
Do you see this "talent" on a daily basis? What makes you the expert on judging talent? I live too far away too even have a guess whether the talent is there or not. Evidently you are a part of this school to know that the talent is there.

There is talent in Rockdale.

rundoe
10-15-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
COME ON HUTTO!

Howdy Bobcat.

rundoe
10-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by rundoe
But, I watched the Rockdale Freshman and J/V games. And the way the played us in our Varsity game.

But I have watched a LOT of High School Football.

There Are some good talented kids In Rockdale, on each level.

Now what is done with it or where it goes from here.

I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole. Ya'll know your town better than me.

But having watched them play, theres some good kids on all three of those teams.

Milk That Cow
10-15-2007, 07:50 PM
Rundoe

Speaks The Truth...

burnet44
10-15-2007, 07:54 PM

TigerPride
10-15-2007, 08:03 PM
If i was a betting man, BUST... GO TIGERS!!!(the best 5-2 team in the state)

Old Tiger
10-15-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by burnet44
The Track Program(which has more tradition than all other sports) hit rock bottom last year... IMO it's the basketball program who has had more sucess.

rundoe
10-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Rundoe

Speaks The Truth...

Thanks.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
10-15-2007, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
IMO it's the basketball program who has had more sucess.

We went 16-16 my senior year, and that's the best we've done in the past 10 years. I think that Miller is better than Clark and haven't made my final evaluation of him yet. The guys play hard for him it seems like, it's just something that I can't quite put my finger on that's holding them back.

bobcat1
10-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Rundoe,

Please send help to Hutto so y'all go D2 again. :D

rundoe
10-15-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Rundoe,

Please send help to Hutto so y'all go D2 again. :D

Send Help???? BobCat!! What;s you mean?

Phantom Stang
10-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Rockdale is GOOOOOOOD!!!!

Phantom Stang
10-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Seriously, I hope the Tigers make it!:)

Panther One
10-16-2007, 09:56 PM
If Rockdale makes the playoffs and Hutto doesn't, Liberty Hill would be DI. That would mean no potential playoff matchups with Giddings, Cuero, or Celina. It would also more than likely mean matching up with Robinson in the first round, so you'd have both of the prior year's Region III champs meeting in the first round.

But, we'll just have to see how it all shakes out.

buff4life
10-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Panther One
If Rockdale makes the playoffs and Hutto doesn't, Liberty Hill would be DI. That would mean no potential playoff matchups with Giddings, Cuero, or Celina. It would also more than likely mean matching up with Robinson in the first round, so you'd have both of the prior year's Region III champs meeting in the first round.

But, we'll just have to see how it all shakes out.

If LH goes DII...they will prolly play Caldwell in the second round...that could be a tough one...

Panther One
10-16-2007, 11:03 PM
If we go DII, we wouldn't face Caldwell until Round 3. Round 2 would be the R19 or W20. There's a good chance Giddings could face off with La Vega again in Round III. With the Parr brothers back tearing it up, that could be a tough one.

rundoe
10-16-2007, 11:07 PM
Its way to early in the sesaon to star pairing off playoff games, don't ya think?

Panther One
10-16-2007, 11:35 PM
No. Just doing a little forecasting and hypothetical matchups. We're well aware that there are four weeks left in the regular season. It's still interesting to talk about possible matchups, though.

bobcat1
10-17-2007, 04:47 AM
Don't say D1 again. Come on Hutto! :clap: :clap: :clap: