PDA

View Full Version : I hate the Texas coachs

KTA
10-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Sure they put Chiles in, but why do you put him in with the 2nd team RB, and 2nd team WR's? Yeah he sure can prove himself that way.....rediculas

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 12:45 PM
He looks horrible!

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Sure they put Chiles in, but why do you put him in with the 2nd team RB, and 2nd team WR's? Yeah he sure can prove himself that way.....rediculas

And Iowa State starters are not as good as Texas' 3rd team! He should have no problem!

KTA
10-13-2007, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
And Iowa State starters are not as good as Texas' 3rd team! He should have no problem!

BUT YET the score is 14-3 while both Texas' 1st team O, and first team D in there.......get real:rolleyes:

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 12:49 PM
what station is this game on?

KTA
10-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Fox Sports SW

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 12:50 PM
FSN

piratebg
10-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Chiles sucks. Convert him to WR and have a nice day.

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 12:51 PM
dang it.....

i dont got fsn at my house...

this blows...

y dont they get it nationally televised wth?

KTA
10-13-2007, 12:54 PM
The play selection is night and day when Colt is in

Look McCoy is in and they have Pittman, Charles, and Cosby back in the game:mad:

necks_c/09
wait, i stand corrected...

i do have fsn

I dont got it at my moms house

which is where i usually am on weekends....

\but im at gramps house....

woohoo

KTA
Originally posted by necks_c/09
dang it.....

this blows...

Try ESPN360

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 12:55 PM
Chill out. If Sherrod didn't get hurt he would be playing a lot more than Chiles.

sotex
10-13-2007, 12:57 PM
TD Texas
I guess mack figured he better get alittle more of a lead before he lets the 2nd teamers play

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by KTA

Like he was going to handoff the ball! Get real! Arent these the receivers he works the most with?

KTA
10-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Like he was going to handoff the ball! Get real! Arent these the receivers he works the most with?

Answer me this, who would you rather throw to?

Ok then

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 01:07 PM
You mean throw at or in the general vicinty?

Gobbla2001
10-13-2007, 01:07 PM
I dunno about you guys, but I'ma kinda thinkin' KTA has himself a man-crush on Chiles

KTA
10-13-2007, 01:08 PM
Which set of WR's would you rather throw to, simple question.

Answer it with out a S/A response

KTA
10-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I dunno about you guys, but I'ma kinda thinkin' KTA has himself a man-crush on Chiles

Nope just a realistic Texas fan who doesnt wear burnt orange shades

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Colt is awesome today!

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 01:10 PM
They're all good receivers so that doesn't really matter.

Gobbla2001
10-13-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Nope just a realistic Texas fan who doesnt wear burnt orange shades

McCoy isn't having too bad of a day today...

I say give the ball to Chiles in the second half, turn him loose...

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Which set of WR's would you rather throw to, simple question.

Answer it with out a S/A response

The guys I work with the most in practice every day. I know their tendencies and abilities.

Old Tiger
I wish we had the Dish Network package with FSN:(

necks_c/09
why are you complaining?

McCoy has completed about 75% of his throws and has 3 TD passses.

Theyre winning 28-3!

Lighten up.

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 01:14 PM
The guys I work with the most in practice every day. I know their tendencies and abilities. So u would rather play with 2nd teamers b/c u know their abilities....

Or the 1st string players who are 1st string for a reason!!

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Colt is awesome today!

Sorry according to Mack "Colt is Amazing!:

KTA
10-13-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm not upset with McCoy he has played good against a crappy Iowa State team.

My complain is when Chiles comes in, they run him with almost the entire 2nd team....which is not fair in evaluating his QB ability.

They're all good receivers so that doesn't really matter.

So your telling me if Cosby, and Pittman were not in the game it wouldnt matter?

Yeah right

The guys I work with the most in practice every day. I know their tendencies and abilities.

What if those tendencies and abilities are not as good as the starters, who do you want then?

Your trying to sugar coat this, but if you were Colt McCoy you wouldnt want to go out there with the 2nd team WR's.....AND YOU KNOW IT.

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Who were the receivers in with Chiles?

KTA
10-13-2007, 01:25 PM
McGee at RB, Montre Webber and Philip Payne

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Pretty good big targets for him to get the ball to. Both are very good receivers.

KTA
10-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Pretty good big targets for him to get the ball to. Both are very good receivers.

Then why aint they starting?

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Just think If Texas'defense didnt play like a Chinese Fire Drill. With two defenders knocking each other off the interception while the 3rd assaulted the Iowa receiver in the end zone. If they played coverage instead of chase and learned not to try to arm tackle. The Texas coaches need to stop yelling "Tear his head off" they already have. And does Killebrew go for the Trifecta?

They might have not gave up those 3 points!

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Then why aint they starting? Red shirt freshmen perhaps?

sinton66
10-13-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by KTA
I'm not upset with McCoy he has played good against a crappy Iowa State team.

My complain is when Chiles comes in, they run him with almost the entire 2nd team....which is not fair in evaluating his QB ability.

So your telling me if Cosby, and Pittman were not in the game it wouldnt matter?

Yeah right

What if those tendencies and abilities are not as good as the starters, who do you want then?

Your trying to sugar coat this, but if you were Colt McCoy you wouldnt want to go out there with the 2nd team WR's.....AND YOU KNOW IT.

You do realize that SHIPLEY has two of the TD's right?

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2007, 01:33 PM
I think it's as much a dislike/disgruntlement for Colt McCoy.......just an observation and my opinion.

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Pretty good big targets for him to get the ball to. Both are very good receivers. I guarantee You had never heard of any of those 3 until the names were posted on this forum.

sotex
10-13-2007, 01:36 PM
you are absolutely right BUC, Texas' D is not playing well except when ISU is backed up to their own goal line

sotex
10-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Shipley started and will be strating the rest of the year with Sweed out for the season. Shipley has been in the system long enough to be considered a starter.

Gobbla2001
I kinda understand where you're comin' from here, KTA... but at the same time I don't...

He's a 2nd string QB... he has been evaluated in practice.... I'm sure McCoys strong points and weaknesses fit what Texas wants out there more than Chiles' strengths and weaknesses do right now...

Should he get more PT? Of course, but shouldn't the second string receivers, backs and linemen get PT as well?

UT has more problems then QB right now, way bigger problems, they need to empty the bench and get everyone out there to try and find out things about their team...

KTA
Originally posted by sinton66
You do realize that SHIPLEY has two of the TD's right?

Do you consider shipley a TRUE 2nd teamer? Seriously? Only reason he hasnt cracked the starting line up until this point is because hes stayed hurt. Last year against OU he had a big TD catch.

Red shirt freshmen perhaps?

So you would rather throw to redshirt freshman then Cosby, Jones, Pittman, and Shipley?.........Yeah right

Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I think it's as much a dislike/disgruntlement for Colt McCoy.......just an observation and my opinion.

Glad you opinon dont matter to me:D

sinton66
10-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Shipley is a situational receiver right now. Jones has taken the #3 receiver position as far as "starters" go. So, yes, Shipley is considered a second teamer.

piratebg
10-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Great play by McCoy. UT up 35-3.

KTA
I kinda understand where you're comin' from here, KTA... but at the same time I don't...

He's a 2nd string QB... he has been evaluated in practice.... I'm sure McCoys strong points and weaknesses fit what Texas wants out there more than Chiles' strengths and weaknesses do right now...

Should he get more PT? Of course, but shouldn't the second string receivers, backs and linemen get PT as well?

UT has more problems then QB right now, way bigger problems, they need to empty the bench and get everyone out there to try and find out things about their team...

If Colt goes down, who comes in? If he cant get any reps with the 1st team in a game time situation Texas will be in DEEP doo doo. Yes the 2nd team WR's need reps to, but its not as big of deal if a starting WR goes down compaired to your starting QB. Some guys play better then they practice, how do they not know Chiles is or isnt that way? Basically what im saying is, how do you know Chiles can or cant do the job if you dont give him a REAL chance with the REAL starters.

Buccaneer
Oh my god! Colt was Vincesque on that play!

KTA
10-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by sinton66
Shipley is a situational receiver right now. Jones has taken the #3 receiver position as far as "starters" go. So, yes, Shipley is considered a second teamer.

Originally posted by sotex
Shipley started and will be strating the rest of the year with Sweed out for the season. Shipley has been in the system long enough to be considered a starter.
:thinking:

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by KTA
If Colt goes down, who comes in? If he cant get any reps with the 1st team in a game time situation Texas will be in DEEP doo doo. You could say that for ANY team no matter what division or league....

u cant say, well what if McCoy goes down

If ur gonna say that they say what if Manning goes down, the colts will be in deep doo doo, so give jim sorgi some PT....

KTA
10-13-2007, 01:45 PM
that and Jones and Shipley have both rotated in with the starters for the last 2 years

piratebg
10-13-2007, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by KTA
If Colt goes down, who comes in? If he cant get any reps with the 1st team in a game time situation Texas will be in DEEP doo doo. Yes the 2nd team WR's need reps to, but its not as big of deal if a starting WR goes down compaired to your starting QB. Some guys play better then they practice, how do they not know Chiles is or isnt that way? Basically what im saying is, how do you know Chiles can or cant do the job if you dont give him a REAL chance with the REAL starters.

Well in that case. Let's bench McCoy, Harrell, Brennan, and all the other starters so we can see if their backups deserve to be the starters just for the hell of it.

Gobbla2001
Who brings in their second stringer in to play with the 1st stringers in college football in game situation? Florida last year? This sure as hell isn't '06 Florida on that field...

necks_c/09
Originally posted by piratebg
Well in that case. Let's bench McCoy, Harrell, Brennan, and all the other starters so we can see if their backups deserve to be the starters just for the hell of it. Agreed:thumbsup:

Old Tiger
Originally posted by KTA

So you would rather throw to redshirt freshman then Cosby, Jones, Pittman, and Shipley?.........Yeah right

Never said that but they have chemistry built with one another and they are big targets.

KTA
10-13-2007, 01:48 PM
You could say that for ANY team no matter what division or league....

u cant say, well what if McCoy goes down

If ur gonna say that they say what if Manning goes down, the colts will be in deep doo doo, so give jim sorgi some PT....

Sorgi isnt a 5 star recruit either. Jim Sorgi has been around the league for how long? If they didnt think he coudl be the back up they wouldnt keep him on the roster. John Chiles on the other hand hasnt had the chance to show what he can OR cant do in a REAL game time situation. We know what Sorgi can do, thats why hes a back up.

KTA
10-13-2007, 01:49 PM
Who brings in their second stringer in to play with the 1st stringers in college football in game situation? Florida last year? This sure as hell isn't '06 Florida on that field...

LSU THIS YEAR

piratebg
10-13-2007, 01:49 PM
What is this arguement about again? I'm lost now.

KTA
10-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Never said that but they have chemistry built with one another and they are big targets.

How do you know they have chemistry? Are you there every day evaluating them?

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Miami

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by KTA
How do you know they have chemistry? Are you there every day evaluating them? They take reps together in practice dude. It's not hard to figure that out. Chemistry is built in practice

KTA
What is this arguement about again? I'm lost now.

When Chiles was in he didnt get a shot with the 1st teamers. They send the entire 2nd team in there (besides the o-line) and I said that wasnt fair to the evaluation of John Chiles

necks_c/09
Originally posted by KTA
thats why hes a back up. and we know what McCoy can do, thats why hes starting

Gobbla2001
10-13-2007, 01:52 PM
I've seen chiles play with 1st stringers a couple of times... I've also seen him play with second stringers most of the time... I've seen him take off with the ball when he has had a receiver dead open and I've seen him be very clumbsy with the ball (though he doesn't loose the ball)... he has not really impressed me and I'm sure he hasn't impressed the coaches in practice either... that's why Vince McCoy is starting...

Were you the same way last year with Sneed? He was a 5 star recruit as well... or was McCoy doing too well to complain? (honest question)

piratebg
10-13-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by KTA
When Chiles was in he didnt get a shot with the 1st teamers. They send the entire 2nd team in there (besides the o-line) and I said that wasnt fair to the evaluation of John Chiles

I'm guessing they thought they'd put this game away very early and jumped the gun sending in the second team. The only way he goes in with the first teams is if McCoy goes down or they run a designed play that requires him back there. Other than that, he will lead the second team when UT has a comfortable lead. He is the backup. That is what backups are for.

Gobbla2001
10-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by KTA
LSU THIS YEAR

UT isn't LSU... and that's like one team out of 110 or however many D1 schools

KTA
10-13-2007, 01:55 PM
They take reps together in practice dude. It's not hard to figure that out. Chemistry is built in practice

So you know for a FACT they do have chemistry? Or are you just assuming you know they do? How do you not know these WR's dont run crappy routes? Hell how do you know that it aint Chiles whos throwing crappy balls? How do you know it aint a lil of both? You have got to give him a REAL chance in a REAL game time situation with the 1ST teamers.

Ok, if Mack doesnt plan on using Chiles at QB, and isnt worried about the QB situation why does he keep throwing Chiles in during the last few games?

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 01:55 PM
KTA you should be asking why Ryan Palmer starts over Deon Beasley. Or you should be asking why Derry, Killebrew, and Bobino start over Muck, Kindle, and Norton. ;)

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by KTA
So you know for a FACT they do have chemistry? Or are you just assuming you know they do? How do you not know these WR's dont run crappy routes? Hell how do you know that it aint Chiles whos throwing crappy balls? How do you know it aint a lil of both? You have got to give him a REAL chance in a REAL game time situation with the 1ST teamers.

Ok, if Mack doesnt plan on using Chiles at QB, and isnt worried about the QB situation why does he keep throwing Chiles in during the last few games?

I'll talk to Montre later tonight on your first and second question.

All the wide receivers at Texas are coached the same.

Chiles does throw a crappy ball but he has only been a QB for a year and a half.

It probably is a little of both.

He throws Chiles in so that is redshirt doesn't seem wasted.

You should ask yourself all these questions then try to question someone else.

piratebg
10-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by KTA

To run keepers since so many UT faithful are so hellbent on having a VY type QB again. He is the second coming.

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 01:59 PM
To run keepers since so many UT faithful are so hellbent on having a VY type QB again. He is the second coming. Two words....Russell Shephard :D

It's not that we want to see another Vince Young it's just that we want to see a QB that fits into the scheme they are trying to run. Well that is what I want to see.

KTA
10-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Were you the same way last year with Sneed? He was a 5 star recruit as well... or was McCoy doing too well to complain? (honest question)

I wasnt for sure one way or the other to be honest. Once they decided to play McCoy I really didnt care because I didnt see that big of a difference between the two of them. But them not rotating Sneed in did come back and bite them in the butt didnt it.

piratebg
Two words....Russell Shephard :D

It's not that we want to see another Vince Young it's just that we want to see a QB that fits into the scheme they are trying to run. Well that is what I want to see.

I think they can do better than Chiles. He is more suited for WR.

Buccaneer
So u would rather play with 2nd teamers b/c u know their abilities....

Or the 1st string players who are 1st string for a reason!!

They would look like All Americans when they got to play with Chiles!

KTA
KTA you should be asking why Ryan Palmer starts over Deon Beasley. Or you should be asking why Derry, Killebrew, and Bobino start over Muck, Kindle, and Norton. ;)

I do, just not out loud :D

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by KTA
I do, just not out loud :D That's the biggest controversy on this team.

Gobbla2001
10-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by KTA
But them not rotating Sneed in did come back and bite them in the butt didnt it.

uhmmmm no... didn't they still score 40+ points in the Kansas State game? And it's not like they were doing any scoring before Colt went out against A&M either...

so no

KTA
I think they can do better than Chiles. He is more suited for WR.

He was a 5 Star Recruit!!!:crazy:

Pryor is the only other person I would want over Chiles (as of right now)

sotex
Isn't Kindle injured?

KTA
10-13-2007, 02:04 PM
And it's not like they were doing any scoring before Colt went out against A&M either...

Colt shouldnt of played in that game, I think he was still kinda hurt

KTA
10-13-2007, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by sotex
Isn't Kindle injured?

I thought he moved up to 2nd on the depth charts

he just made a tackle

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Kindle is looking really good!

Gobbla2001
10-13-2007, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Colt shouldnt of played in that game, I think he was still kinda hurt

I agree

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 02:09 PM

You are not saying 2nd teamers are as good or even better than some starters! As Beasley makes an interception.

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 02:11 PM
Iowa who lost to Iowa State just beat Illinois!

KTA
10-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Chiles would of ran into the endzone faster :p

rockdale80
10-13-2007, 02:13 PM
TD McCoy!!!!

sotex
10-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by KTA
Chiles would of ran into the endzone faster :p LOL

Emerson1
10-13-2007, 02:17 PM
dang it.....

this blows...

Because the big 12 only gets 1 nationally televised game a week

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 02:20 PM
Chiles faked out the camera man!

sinton66
10-13-2007, 02:41 PM
McCoy's TD run was faster.:p

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2007, 02:43 PM
I just dont see the WOW factor with Chiles at QB

KTA
10-13-2007, 02:49 PM
because you have really only seen him play with the 2nd team, McCoy would have like 10 ints if he played with the 2nd team...oops:D

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 02:51 PM
You're stretching it. Chiles = 0-2 passing

KTA
10-13-2007, 02:54 PM
exactly 0-2 to 2nd string WR's. Only play they call for Chiles is a run.....dont know if he can pass it or not, but atleast give him a chance.

KTA
10-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Do you see what you are arguing? 0-2 passing!!! By the back up QB:crazy:

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by KTA
because you have really only seen him play with the 2nd team, McCoy would have like 10 ints if he played with the 2nd team...oops:D

no..A player can be surrounded by 3rd stringers and you can still see IMO his ability, Chiles just does not look RIGHT NOW like a special QB..I would like to see him at WR or in special packages, but I just dont see him as the type of QB some people are making him out to possibly be

Emerson1
10-13-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
I just dont see the WOW factor with Chiles at QB
Everyone has VY Syndrome now, they see a black quarterback and instantly label him the next Vince Young and expect him to be awesome.

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Can someone please tell me when UT's OPEN date is so that I can look forward to it?

Emerson1
10-13-2007, 03:04 PM
Week before Thanksgiving which is the week before the a&m game.

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
Week before Thanksgiving which is the week before the a&m game.
:( That's a long way off.

slpybear the bullfan
10-13-2007, 03:22 PM
LOL, I am a Horn fan but this just is MAJOR TIRED head.

super1
10-13-2007, 08:54 PM
I don't think that Mack want's a QB controversy right now. He feels set with McCoy as the main man. The last thing he needs is for his #1 QB to be looking over his shoulder right now. If he puts Chiles in with the first team and he has success, that's a headache for Mack that he doesn't want or need. And I'm pretty sure that they have different game plan packages for Colt and for Chiles. They are going to highlight Colt's passing and Chiles' running.

Just my take.