PDA

View Full Version : Football question...

AP Panther Fan
10-13-2007, 12:39 PM
Since numerous teams are being affected by the no pass - no play now, when exactly can they can bring those players back? Assuming they are then passing of course.

piratebg
10-13-2007, 12:42 PM
At the end of the six weeks or the three week mark I believe. That is how it used to be.

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Since numerous teams are being affected by the no pass - no play now, when exactly can they can bring those players back? Assuming they are then passing of course. well, 3 weeks from monday the 8th,so the earliest they can return is oct 29 if im not mistaken...

Could vary by school too

CHSfan
10-13-2007, 12:50 PM
no if u are failing at the 6 weeks then u can start playing 26th if u are passing but most of the time the coaches dont allow them to start playing until the next week since they have missed so much practice.....does that answer your question?

CHSfan
10-13-2007, 12:51 PM
like missed so much practice playing in a game situation!

AP Panther Fan
10-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Okay, thanks. I think it has the potential to affect the outcome of our final district standings. I need to look at the teams schedules and try to figure out dates.

:)

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Should be able to return 3 weeks from yesterday, if the end of the 6 weeks was the 5th. Participants are allowed to practice, but may not participate in competition. From the UIL website:

"Academic Eligibility for UIL Participants After The First Six Weeks

A student who receives, at the end of any grading period (after the first six weeks of the school year), a grade below 70 in any class (other than an identified advanced class) or a student with disabilities who fails to meet the standards in the Individual Education Plan (IEP) may not participate in extracurricular activities for three school weeks.

An ineligible student may practice or rehearse, however. The student regains eligibility after the seven calendar-day waiting period has ended following a grading or the three school-weeks evaluation period when the principal and teachers determine that he or she has earned a passing grade (70 or above) in all classes, other than those that are advanced."

UIL link (http://www.uil.utexas.edu/policy/aca_eligibility.html)