PDA

View Full Version : clueless officials

deer spotter
10-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Did anybody see the officiating in the Brookshire/Columbus game last night. For the first quarter Columbus never snapped the ball when the refs did not throw a flag. One time they called delay of game and there was two seconds left on the play clock. They would throw a flag and then meet in the middle of the field and decide what the call would be. Bookshire and the officials beat the Cardinals last night. As I understand the similar situation was Sealy against Needville.

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2007, 07:56 AM
We had clueless fans at the officiating last night. :doh:

Yes, if the DB bumps into the receiver when the ball is within feet, it IS an interference.

And sorry, but I don't see officials making a 28 point difference in a score.

deer spotter
10-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Obviously you were not there last night. These guys need to be held accountable for their shenanigans. And OH YEA the refs can make a bigger swing than that.

KTJ
10-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by deer spotter
Obviously you were not there last night. These guys need to be held accountable for their shenanigans. And OH YEA the refs can make a bigger swing than that.

Highly disagree.

deer spotter
10-13-2007, 08:46 AM
You had to be there to see it. I saw it and still did not believe it.

Emerson1
10-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Yes, if the DB bumps into the receiver when the ball is within feet, it IS an interference.

Depends

tigerpride_08
10-13-2007, 10:28 AM
throwing up 41 points by Royal can't be excused by bad refs...

3afan
10-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Did anybody see the officiating in the Brookshire/Columbus game last night. For the first quarter Columbus never snapped the ball when the refs did not throw a flag. One time they called delay of game and there was two seconds left on the play clock. They would throw a flag and then meet in the middle of the field and decide what the call would be. Bookshire and the officials beat the Cardinals last night. As I understand the similar situation was Sealy against Needville.

go to your local TASO football chapter meeting ... until then, blah

deer spotter
10-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Like I said,you should have been there. I did not say they did not have a good team,they were fast and agressive. They were up for the game. Answer one question,How can you get a delay of game with 2 seconds on the play clock?????

mwynn05
10-13-2007, 11:07 AM
Like I said,you should have been there. I did not say they did not have a good team,they were fast and agressive. They were up for the game. Answer one question,How can you get a delay of game with 2 seconds on the play clock????? quit whining because your team got beat

sinton66
10-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Like I said,you should have been there. I did not say they did not have a good team,they were fast and agressive. They were up for the game. Answer one question,How can you get a delay of game with 2 seconds on the play clock?????

The stadium play clock is not the official time. The refs keep that.

mwynn05
10-13-2007, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by sinton66
The stadium play clock is not the official time. The refs keep that. you are correct

Emerson1
10-13-2007, 11:19 AM
That's still on the refs for it not being synchronized.

deer spotter
10-13-2007, 11:25 AM
My point exactly.

sinton66
10-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
That's still on the refs for it not being synchronized.

No, it's not. That's on the people running the stadium clock system. The refs are not responsible for their lack of catching the signals from the officiating crew.

mwynn05
10-13-2007, 11:33 AM
My point exactly. you keep talking aboiut how bad it was but you only mention that one instance...tough for one 5 yard penalty to make a 28 point difference

Isee_everything
10-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Now this seems more like columbus football, if something doesn't go their way they start blaming other people. Yes maby the officials did not call a good game but that does not mean that the players have to yell at them from what i saw last night columbus got their emotions to envolved in the game and took every call the officials made personal, I even saw one kid #6 punch a player from royal after a play.

Emerson1
10-13-2007, 11:53 AM
No, it's not. That's on the people running the stadium clock system. The refs are not responsible for their lack of catching the signals from the officiating crew.
So it's not the refs fault if the home town clock runner is purposely starting it late so the other teams thinks they have more time then they really do?

pirate4state
10-13-2007, 12:30 PM
the refs were just paying columbus back for the band issues :devil:

Buccaneer
10-13-2007, 12:39 PM
How long has Brookshire been 3A?

sinton66
10-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
So it's not the refs fault if the home town clock runner is purposely starting it late so the other teams thinks they have more time then they really do?

Correct. The officials do not have to use a stadium play clock even if one exists. Even in pro games, the officials keep the time on the field. The clocks used in football games (game clock on the scoreboard and endzone play clocks) are spectator convieniences, not official time.

However, to be fair, they should have made the people in the booth either keep it correctly or told them to turn it off.

zebrablue2
10-13-2007, 01:23 PM
You had to be there to see it. I saw it and still did not believe it.

join a chapter, hit the field, and we will see how you perform under game type situations. each official on the field is watching his area. you in the stands are watching the ball most of the time, so you could not possibly see what they saw. when the call was made against your team, you say bad call, human nature. we do not make them up, we call what we see on the field. good luck to your team next week.

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
the refs were just paying columbus back for the band issues :devil:
:evillol: :evillol: :evillol:

zebrablue2
10-13-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by 3afan
go to your local TASO football chapter meeting ... until then, blah

that quote would be correct.

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Buccaneer
How long has Brookshire been 3A? last realignment i think they came up to 3a

Gobbla2001
10-13-2007, 01:28 PM
you figure in a 28 point game that the refs wouldn't have that big of an effect on the game...

if that were truely the case, wouldn't the coach have figured it out and had the ball snapped earlier all night?

It's simple, if you're getting screwed, adapt...

28 points, though? That's 4 TD's...

Necked
10-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Its more likely the 580 yds their defense gave up to a weak Royal team had more to do with their losing than the officials did...

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 01:31 PM
and i think officials could make a 28 point difference.

Depends on the situation.

Say they call 2 columbus tds back on bogus penalties, and say they call penalties causing the team to back up and have to punt rather than ultimately score....

but its all on the situation and i didnt witness it but it evry well could have made a huge difference but from what i could tell

580 yds of OFFENSE from Brookshire means they won that game, not b/c yall got penalized..

what maybe yall had 10 peanlties for 85 yds....

Columbus D lost this game and their lack of O with the aide of officials and key injuries

Not just pure penalties......

Give brookshire some credit

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Necked
Its more likely the 580 yds their defense gave up to a weak Royal team had more to do with their losing than the officials did...
:doh: :doh: Wow! You think? ;)

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Necked
Its more likely the 580 yds their defense gave up to a weak Royal team had more to do with their losing than the officials did... Key Word:

Weak

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
Key Word:

Weak
Key words: 580 yds offense :p

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 01:38 PM
Key words: 580 yds offense :p Key words:

580 yds total offense to a "weak" team:D :p ;)

sinton66
10-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Well, if the coaches really think they were screwed, they can always file a complaint and submit game film to the Officials' association. If they DON'T do that, then the complaint/observation by the fans is kinda pointless.

STANG RED
10-13-2007, 01:59 PM
The stadium play clock is not the official time. The refs keep that.

That may well be true, but how is the QB to know they are not in sync? He can only see what he can see and go by that. This seems rediculous to me.

We had a very young and inexperience crew at Borger last week that made some terrible calls out of pure ignorance. None of them had ever seen a wishbone offense before and were constantley out of position. I dont know, maybe they at least learned something.

sinton66
10-13-2007, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
That may well be true, but how is the QB to know they are not in sync? He can only see what he can see and go by that. This seems rediculous to me.

We had a very young and inexperience crew at Borger last week that made some terrible calls out of pure ignorance. None of them had ever seen a wishbone offense before and were constantley out of position. I dont know, maybe they at least learned something.

I have to assume that the coaches would have known where the official time was being kept.

LH Panther Mom
10-13-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09
Key words:

580 yds total offense to a "weak" team:D :p ;)
Reread the original quote. The 580 yds of offense WAS "the weak team", according to it.

slpybear the bullfan
10-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Can someone answer this question for me?

I know the officials keep the game time on the field. But they do not keep the 25 second clock time as well do they?

I thought they relied on the stadium clock for that now?

Just curious,

CenTexSports
10-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Unless there is a malfunction of the clock on the field or the clock operator keeps messing up, the scoreboard clock and the field 25 second clock is official. Under normal circumstance, the only time kept on the field is for the length of a timeout which is kept by the back judge. If the stadium 25 second clock malfunctions then the Back Judge will keep this and there can be a signal given (such as touching the brim of his hat) to indicated 10 seconds left. If both the game clock and the 25 second clock malfunctions, the Back Judge will keep the official clock and the Referee will keep the 25 second clock.

VAMike
10-13-2007, 05:22 PM
As was stated, as long as they are working, the visible stadium clock and play clock are official. If they (or as more commonly happens, the operator is not working) they are to be turned off and time kept on the field. If that is done, the back judge should raise one hand straight up in the air when 10 seconds are left in the 25 sec count.

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Reread the original quote. The 580 yds of offense WAS "the weak team", according to it. i know, but this statement has no relevance anymore anyhow b/c it was 357 yds total offense...

580 is incorrect