PDA

View Full Version : Region III GotW (Week 7): Giddings @ Navasota

navscanmaster
10-13-2007, 07:05 AM
OK, here starts the thread. Please add something useful besides "Giddings by a ton." And who all plans on attending? Should be an exciting game if Navasota's O is firing on all cylinders and can gain more than 10 yards in the 3rd quarter:rolleyes:

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Giddings by a ton:D ;)

Nah, Giddings didnt seem to impressive and yall playing well impressed alot of ppl

I will still take Giddings by about 14.

I hope yall can pull off the upset though.:)

navscanmaster
10-13-2007, 07:31 AM
I like what our radio play by play guy said last night. "The first ranked Giddings Buffaloes come to town next week to play the Rattlers at the new stadium where they are undefeated. Giddings pretty much runs their quarterback and doesn't need to get too fancy." I guess that pretty much sums it up, although I have heard that they are more than one-dimensional. I suppose the "Buff4" guys will chime in when they wake up this morning:D

gtownfan
10-13-2007, 07:51 AM
Giddings Defense looked good last night! Offense made too many turnovers and false start penalties.

Giddings by 14!

Looking forward to a nice new stadium!

How much seating is on the visitors side?

Also, How's the handicap seating at the Rattler's new stadium? Wheel Chair accessible and plenty of it? I think we had 6-7 Wheel Chairs at the game last night.

HEMOTOXIC
10-13-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by gtownfan
Giddings Defense looked good last night! Offense made too many turnovers and false start penalties.

Giddings by 14!

Looking forward to a nice new stadium!

How much seating is on the visitors side?

Also, How's the handicap seating at the Rattler's new stadium? Wheel Chair accessible and plenty of it? I think we had 6-7 Wheel Chairs at the game last night.

Get there early. The visitor side only seats 1,500, the home side seats 3,000, and the seats for the Rattler band and Diamonettes (drill team) seats in the end zone holds 500. Yes, the stadium is wheel chair accessible. However, I'm not sure if the elevator to the press box will be finished by Friday.

As far as the game, I hope that Navasota comes out firing on offense and defense like they are very much capable of doing. As I have stated before, if Navasota does this, it will be hard for anyone to beat them, even the #1 Buffs.

Go Rattlers!

orangeblood
10-13-2007, 11:36 PM
Start a poll:

Would like to see Navasota win, But I'm going with Giddings on this, Brock will look as fast as Flash on that new turf.

Gidding 42 Navasota 21

zebrablue2
10-14-2007, 12:29 AM
the rattlers will have their first loss at home. buffs by 14.

Cameron Crazy
10-14-2007, 01:00 AM
The key to stopping Giddings is shutting down Fitzhenry.

navscanmaster
10-14-2007, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Easier said than done. I think the trick is if you have the ball, you have to score practically every possession. If you have three and outs against Giddings, you can forget it. They are too well versed in the entire scheme of option rushing to shut down. I think this game has the potential to be a barnburner. If Navasota can put together some drives and stay awake in the 3rd quarter, then they have a chance. If Navasota goes stagnant on offense on consecutive possessions, then I am not enough of a homer to still think the Rattlers can steal one from the Buffaloes. I am surprised to see how many people on this forum have faith in the Rattlers. The kids have faith in themselves and a lot of fire, and it is great to see that their effort after a slow start to the season is getting recognized. I can't wait for Friday! I hope Giddings packs their stands full, because Navasota sure will!

necks_c/09
10-14-2007, 04:12 PM
I think Columbia @ Columbus should be game of the week!

Do ya'll honestly think this will be a good game?

Giddings By 21

LH Panther Mom
10-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by necks_c/09

Giddings By 21

1. Giddings
2. Caldwell
3. Bellville
4. the rest

nuff said
:thinking: :thinking: I believe this was just a few days ago, correct?

necks_c/09
10-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:thinking: :thinking: I believe this was just a few days ago, correct? yea, what about it?

I Think its gonna be a blowout....

Just as i thought navasota would not place...

i think giddings and caldwell will be dominant

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2007, 06:01 PM
yea, what about it?

I Think its gonna be a blowout....

Just as i thought navasota would not place...

i think giddings and caldwell will be dominant

Are you serious, Columbus vs Columbia???? :thinking:

West Columbia Roughnecks
Aug 31...@ Freeport Brazosport, L 13-30 :doh:
Sep 07...Bellville, L 20-41 :doh:
Sep 14...Houston St Pius X, L 21-42 :doh:

Nough Said!

Old Tiger
10-14-2007, 06:06 PM
Giddings by 14

R3Editor
10-14-2007, 06:19 PM

Giddings By 21
WC/Columbus was my initial choice, until I read about the number of injuries Columbus had.

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by R3Editor
WC/Columbus was my initial choice, until I read about the number of injuries Columbus had.

Good point. I too think that this would have been a great game. However, after the whipping from Royal and all the injuries, the Cardinals will have a really hard time with WC.

EAGLETOWN
10-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Get there early. The visitor side only seats 1,500, the home side seats 3,000, and the seats for the Rattler band and Diamonettes (drill team) seats in the end zone holds 500. Yes, the stadium is wheel chair accessible. However, I'm not sure if the elevator to the press box will be finished by Friday.

As far as the game, I hope that Navasota comes out firing on offense and defense like they are very much capable of doing. As I have stated before, if Navasota does this, it will be hard for anyone to beat them, even the #1 Buffs.

Go Rattlers!

Is there any way a team can come out firing on all cylinders and lose?

Just wondering. :p

EAGLETOWN
10-14-2007, 08:08 PM

:thinking: You don't say. :thinking:

buff4ever
10-14-2007, 08:58 PM
I am not up to speed on the other games really going on in our region, but I would guess this would be a good game of the week. I expect that navasota will possibly be the best team that giddings has played yet. I said possibly, b/c I have only seen scores and heard rumors. I know that they are very talented and sound like they can put up some points, 28 on bellville at half right? Going into the game, I would hope that they are about like waco midway, IMO the best team we have played yet. If so I will go with giddings by 14 as well.

I look forward to the new stadium, and I am sure it sits more than La Grange's benches. If giddings can haul as many over to navasota plus a few extras, the visitor side will be packed. It was frustrating but neat to see the LG stands full on the gtown side by 6:50, I guess everyone remember the LG visitor stands.

It looks to be a fun week and exciting game to be.

Old Tiger
10-14-2007, 10:05 PM
The key to stopping Giddings is shutting down Fitzhenry. They've been trying the past three years. Only two teams come to mind that have done it(WO-S and LH).

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
Is there any way a team can come out firing on all cylinders and lose?

Just wondering. :p

lol, yes, well If you are the Rattlers, that is. The third quarters have been horrible for us.

HEMOTOXIC
10-14-2007, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
I am not up to speed on the other games really going on in our region, but I would guess this would be a good game of the week. I expect that navasota will possibly be the best team that giddings has played yet. I said possibly, b/c I have only seen scores and heard rumors. I know that they are very talented and sound like they can put up some points, 28 on bellville at half right? Going into the game, I would hope that they are about like waco midway, IMO the best team we have played yet. If so I will go with giddings by 14 as well.

I look forward to the new stadium, and I am sure it sits more than La Grange's benches. If giddings can haul as many over to navasota plus a few extras, the visitor side will be packed. It was frustrating but neat to see the LG stands full on the gtown side by 6:50, I guess everyone remember the LG visitor stands.

It looks to be a fun week and exciting game to be.

Hey, if I were you, I would try getting to the stadium around 645ish if not earlier. The traffic is crazy. There is only one road that takes you to the stadium. The stadium is really close to highway 6, so add in that traffic plus traffic coming from Huntsville area, it can be crazy.

1st and goal
10-15-2007, 06:01 AM
Which turn off of HWY 6 is it? Or is it on HWY 105?

navscanmaster
10-15-2007, 06:41 AM
If you are coming in on SH 6, you take the SH90/SH105 exit that says BRENHAM/ANDERSON. You go east on SH 90 and the field is only two blocks east of SH 6. You can't miss it. If you are coming in on SH 105 from Giddings, you go straight through town, pass SH 6 and there it is on your left. Visitors parking is at the Junior High entrance just past the field.

Now what has Brock improved on this year most, his speed, accel, cuts??? I mean, he looked like the all around deal in a slightly smaller package last year, I can only imagine what one more year and deep playoff experience has done for him. And as for the game, I just want to see a good game without a lot of mistakes or injuries for either team. Most of Navasota's key players are underclassmen, so I can wait for next year if Giddings is just that darn good!

Darren
10-15-2007, 07:11 AM
Should be a good game. What is Navasota's record?

I still will take Giddings by 17.

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2007, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Darren
What is Navasota's record?

5-1; first game was a 14-28 loss to Madisonville.

1st and goal
10-15-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster

Now what has Brock improved on this year most, his speed, accel, cuts??? I mean, he looked like the all around deal in a slightly smaller package last year, I can only imagine what one more year and deep playoff experience has done for him. And as for the game, I just want to see a good game without a lot of mistakes or injuries for either team. Most of Navasota's key players are underclassmen, so I can wait for next year if Giddings is just that darn good!

Thanks for the directions!

Brock is better all around. He also has 2-3 excellent choices to pitch to and initially I was on hold as to whether or not they could make it to state. I now feel very good about their chances. Upfront blocking is phenomenal. They'll have to play mistake free ball and keep the penalties down to play the rest of the district.

I hope for a great clean game with no injuries.

I used to know a guy in Navasota about 20 years ago who's son played ball there...Last name was Zaragoza (I won't add his 1st name here for privacy).

Now I'll just sit back and take my lumps from Rundoe...

buff4ever
10-15-2007, 01:16 PM
yeah, last year he had 2 or 3 good options to go to as well, we just didn't. They were jrs and srs, this year fortunately we are using them and some of them are young up and coming stars. Our fullback will also force you to play him as well, We are a little more balance this year than last. It's a shame, might coulda made a difference last year, but probably not against LH w/ our turnovers and their commitment to stopping brock.

buff4life
10-15-2007, 01:41 PM
I have three things to say I think..

A. Our sides will be packed...I PROMISE

B. The turf will only hurt Navasota because Brock will only be that much faster...

C. If they do plan put ten people running at Brock every play and succeed at it, Alan Dock, remember the name, will have an outstanding game on offense, Defense, and Special Teams.

Navasota fans your in for a treat with the talent level of these kids

and a last note, I think Giddings will come out on fire angry that they let LaGrange keep it that close, they will have something to prove, and if Navasota doesn't have an answer...which they prolly will with Dexter, LOOK OUT...:D :D

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by buff4life
I have three things to say I think..

A. Our sides will be packed...I PROMISE

B. The turf will only hurt Navasota because Brock will only be that much faster...

C. If they do plan put ten people running at Brock every play and succeed at it, Alan Dock, remember the name, will have an outstanding game on offense, Defense, and Special Teams.

Navasota fans your in for a treat with the talent level of these kids

and a last note, I think Giddings will come out on fire angry that they let LaGrange keep it that close, they will have something to prove, and if Navasota doesn't have an answer...which they prolly will with Dexter, LOOK OUT...:D :D

Navasota isn't La Grange. Giddings better be ready for Navasota's speed! Everyone has something to proove these days. Last week, the Rattlers had to prove that they could beat Bellvillle. Okay, now ask the Brahmas how good the Rattlers can be. Before Bellville could exhale, the Rattlers had already put up 28 points on them, and NEWFLASH, it wasn't all MR. PRATT!

necks_c/09
10-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Good point. I too think that this would have been a great game. However, after the whipping from Royal and all the injuries, the Cardinals will have a really hard time with WC.
Are you serious, Columbus vs Columbia???? :thinking:

West Columbia Roughnecks
Aug 31...@ Freeport Brazosport, L 13-30 :doh:
Sep 07...Bellville, L 20-41 :doh:
Sep 14...Houston St Pius X, L 21-42 :doh:

Nough Said! wow, im glad u left out 3 wins too....

and funny how u just changed ur mind all of a sudden...

crazy how that works

it will be a much better game than this i bet

LH Panther Mom
10-15-2007, 09:34 PM
It doesn't matter. Find another thread to post pad on. :rolleyes:

HEMOTOXIC
10-15-2007, 09:52 PM
wow, im glad u left out 3 wins too....

and funny how u just changed ur mind all of a sudden...

crazy how that works

I never said that Columbia wasn't a good team nor did I say that it wasn't going to be a good game. I was simply pointing out Columbia's 3 loses. Add Columbus' lose to Royal and its a total of 4 loses.

Or, you can have the #1 team playing a Rattlers team that is surprising everyone who is on a 5 game win streak! I would rather see the Buffs battle the Rattlers!

buff4life
10-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Navasota isn't La Grange. Giddings better be ready for Navasota's speed! Everyone has something to proove these days. Last week, the Rattlers had to prove that they could beat Bellvillle. Okay, now ask the Brahmas how good the Rattlers can be. Before Bellville could exhale, the Rattlers had already put up 28 points on them, and NEWFLASH, it wasn't all MR. PRATT!

As fast as Navasota is or may be, I would put money on Giddings speed...

but i am willing to be proven wrong

necks_c/09
10-15-2007, 10:32 PM
It doesn't matter. Find another thread to post pad on. :rolleyes: not post padding, just staing tht i thought this was for the most intense or meaningful game...

and i just thought our game was both....

nm

buff4ever
10-15-2007, 11:06 PM
I do think that navasota is fast, not as fast as the buffs though, and don't mean to start anything here btwn gtown and navasota or bellville and navasota

but the only bellville contact that I spoke to about their game with the rattlers said that they were less than impressed with the rattlers. So maybe I should ask a few more bellville contacts to be fair with your question. I shouldn't judge all of bellville's opinion of navasota post game on one individual. I WILL GET BACK TO YOU ON THAT.

lakers
10-15-2007, 11:50 PM
i will go with navasota in the upset, enen though I know nothing about either of the teams...

navscanmaster
10-16-2007, 12:05 AM
I am still playing the middle road on this one. Even though I am a Navasota football maniac, I still am not cocky enough after a 5 game win streak to think Navasota will win without playing THE BEST GAME OF THEIR LIVES. I mean no turnovers, no penalties, a few defensive stops, and if those defensive stops don't materialize, then flawless execution on offense and matching Giddings score for score. Did anybody read the LG V Caldwell thread? Our little old Rattlers have given up a ton of rushing yards this year, albeit we have faced nothing but rush-heavy teams minus Hearne. The only reason we are 5-1 is because we have an opportunistic defense that wakes up when it wants to and forces fumbles and interceptions that more often than not kill long drives from our opponents. I think their are two things that make me feel good about Navasota in this one:

1. The Rattlers never quit coming. They have let some teams back into games that they had been dominating. But when they need a stop and a score, they produce every time. The only loss hung on them was the the Mustangs in Madisonville, who will be a good playoff team again.
2. The Rattlers had 270 yards passing last game over all. I can't remember the last time a Navasota team has even thrown for 200 yards, let alone 270. And this is without Dexter Pratt in the lineup, battling that leg strain, or calf strain, or hip-pointer or whatever it is depending on the person telling me. I was a vocal critic of Coach Fedora not running Dexter 30 times a game until the last two games against Coldspring and Bellville, in which Navasota passed for over 400 yards, and still gained over 350 rushing. To see them go and perform like they did at the pasture of Pain against a talented Bellville team really made me proud. We would have lost those games the last couple of years.

Even if Giddings just flat out beats us on Friday, I know that the kids are going to get a playoff atmosphere type of game, and get to run their offense against one of the best defenses in the district. And the majority of them, stars included, still have another year to play.;)
That said, wouldn't it be a conversation piece on the downlow if the Rattler D actually did stop Brock?:D

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2007, 01:00 AM
I do think that navasota is fast, not as fast as the buffs though, and don't mean to start anything here btwn gtown and navasota or bellville and navasota

but the only bellville contact that I spoke to about their game with the rattlers said that they were less than impressed with the rattlers. So maybe I should ask a few more bellville contacts to be fair with your question. I shouldn't judge all of bellville's opinion of navasota post game on one individual. I WILL GET BACK TO YOU ON THAT.

Who else has speed on the Buffs? All I hear talk about is the QB. However, I am sure that there are more, I guess!? I have seen the QB from Giddings play, and yes he is extremely fast. However, Navsota has speed all over the field on both offense and defense.
BTW, Navasota went to Bellville's place and took a win. That's impressive! Navasota dominated the first half as they went up 28 to 9 at the half and most of this scoring was without Pratt. If the Rattlers didn't look impressive, then the Brahmas are well over rated.

buff4ever
10-16-2007, 11:44 AM
It is good that all everyone hears about is brock, but if brock was the only speed on this team we wouldn't be considered in the top ten, much less top 5.

buff4life
10-16-2007, 12:31 PM
It is good that all everyone hears about is brock, but if brock was the only speed on this team we wouldn't be considered in the top ten, much less top 5.

AMEN brother lol..

Let the Big Beast Dock get in the open field and i bet he outruns the Defense to, at 220 lbs...be surprised...

Bull19
10-16-2007, 12:40 PM
i expect this game to actually be pretty close for this first half then giddings will proly run away with it......navasota's #11 is a very good back. he's got a really quick burst and is pretty shifty. also from what the navasota coach showed the other night i would bet they have some tricks up their sleeves for the game

buff4life
10-16-2007, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
i expect this game to actually be pretty close for this first half then giddings will proly run away with it......navasota's #11 is a very good back. he's got a really quick burst and is pretty shifty. also from what the navasota coach showed the other night i would bet they have some tricks up their sleeves for the game

wouldn't surprise me...Lagrange ran a sweep reverse pass...where the quarterback pitched it and then ran parallel with the ball carrier before turning around in front of him to receive a lateral and throw a 7yd touchdown pass to a wide open receiver in the end zone...

navscanmaster
10-16-2007, 05:27 PM
I think this game will be decided in the 4th quarter. And it will be a good game. As tough as this district is, Giddings had better see a fast offense before they face Caldwell. That is all I have left to say until after the final whistle blows.

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2007, 05:47 PM
I think this game will be decided in the 4th quarter. And it will be a good game. As tough as this district is, Giddings had better see a fast offense before they face Caldwell. That is all I have left to say until after the final whistle blows.

Amen!

buff4life
10-16-2007, 06:04 PM
Amen!

so did you think back on your statement and realize your were wrong or what?

buff4life
10-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Navasota is good..but I don't see them making up a 52 point difference in one year...

I'll go with Giddings by 21+ depending on turnovers forced

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2007, 06:21 PM
so did you think back on your statement and realize your were wrong or what?

No, I didn't think that I was wrong SIR. I just hate going back in forth with people who always think that they are correct. I'm curious, exactly what was I wrong about? Giddings never playing in a championship nevertheless winning one? OR Brock will be leaving and all you Buffs fans are going nuts to get a championship before your star leaves?

buff4life
10-16-2007, 07:24 PM
No, I didn't think that I was wrong SIR. I just hate going back in forth with people who always think that they are correct. I'm curious, exactly what was I wrong about? Giddings never playing in a championship nevertheless winning one? OR Brock will be leaving and all you Buffs fans are going nuts to get a championship before your star leaves?

well i won't disagree with the winning the championship...we won one in 1951 but that was so long ago its hard to argue that point...state quarterfinals four out of the last 7 years..

Second, brock is not the entire team, but yes next year might be a rebuilding year because of the loss of many seniors

but you were wrong about Giddings being the only town to hate on other towns and stuff...completely wrong about that...

but other than that one obvious mistake...you had a decent idea:D

I look forward to the game on friday

gobbler grad
10-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Giddings has another bye week...j/k:p ...Buffs should win easily...playing pretty good right now...

Good luck Buffs...:clap:

buff4ever
10-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Hey buff4life, don't forget that two teams w/o brock in the last 8 years have also been to the semi-finals. We are looking for that state final game and hopeful championship that has eluded us to this point since 51. But, even though brock can definitely helps get to that position, giddings will not give up when he is gone. We will look for some others to fill like they have in the past.

buff4life
10-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Hey buff4life, don't forget that two teams w/o brock in the last 8 years have also been to the semi-finals. We are looking for that state final game and hopeful championship that has eluded us to this point since 51. But, even though brock can definitely helps get to that position, giddings will not give up when he is gone. We will look for some others to fill like they have in the past.

no we will not give up...but he will be hard to replace

i also meant to say the semi finals...but i kept it with the four quarters...

Bull19
10-16-2007, 09:03 PM

ARE YOU AND BROCK DATING?:p

buff4life
10-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Bull19
ARE YOU AND BROCK DATING?:p
no but he happens to be a good friend...and will be at Texas in the spring:p :p

Bull19
10-16-2007, 09:07 PM
no but he happens to be a good friend...and will be at Texas in the spring:p :p

SO YOUR SAYING NEXT SPRING YOU GOT A CHANCE? :D

buff4ever
10-16-2007, 09:15 PM
I seriously doubt that buff4life wants to cross brock's girlfriend, just my humble opinion!;) :)

buff4life
10-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I seriously doubt that buff4life wants to cross brock's girlfriend, just my humble opinion!;) :)

GOD NO lol...

i won't even start...

HEMOTOXIC
10-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Good luck to Navasota and Giddings. It should be a great game and atmosphere on Friday. I hope that the kids really enjoy themselves out there. Maybe someone from 23-3A can represent the district by winning a state title.

And Buff fans, no hard feelings, I love you alls competitive nature.

Bull's-eye
10-16-2007, 11:01 PM
I haven't seen Giddings this year, but they should be hard to stop. Last week, Navasota did a great job of controlling the clock with their short passing game. IMO, the way to beat Giddings is for your offense to play keep away from Brock and the Giddings offense. If Navasota can go on several long time consuming scoring drives and avoid the turnovers, they will have an excellant chance of winning the game. They also have several weapons that can go the distance on any play.

buff4ever
10-17-2007, 12:01 AM
I hope you aren't comparing us to bellville, just kidding, good post.

navscanmaster
10-17-2007, 12:43 AM
I want to know, most who are actually prediciting a point spread on this thread are picking Giddings by 14-21 points. Now, what do you guys actually think of for a score? Are we talking 21-0, 28-7, 35-21, or something more outrageous like 56-35? I myself have two options:

IF Navasota cannot execute on offense, or has a lot of turnovers, then Giddings 49-24.
IF Navasota executes and does not nap on defense in the 3rd, then Navasota 38-35.

I like throwing the field goals in there because the little ole' kicker we got looks pretty darn good this year. Thank you, soccer program!
Now, I am not saying Navasota has a chance of beating Giddings just because they are 5-1 and beat Bellville, but you have to admit, the chances are much better this year than last year!

Bull's-eye
10-17-2007, 12:44 AM
I hope you aren't comparing us to bellville, just kidding, good post.

Don't overlook the Rattlers, their offense did a number on the Bellville defense. On first down, they used the short passing game much like a running play, They will throw short to their wide outs which usually have one-on-one coverage. Your DB's better be good tacklers. Once you move your safetys outside for help, they will attack the middle of the field. The QB is very fast and did a good job of picking his spots to run, blitz him and he is athletic enough to avoid the rush and find the open receiver. IMO, Navasota has really improved from week to week and now have their offense clicking on all 8 cylinders. Remember, they went very far in 7 0n 7.

strike hard
10-17-2007, 08:04 AM
I can't wait till Friday night should be a good one.

buff4life
10-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by strike hard
I can't wait till Friday night should be a good one.

AMEN...you going?

strike hard
10-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Yep, I have a class at 3 and then I am on my way home for the game.

UPanIN
10-17-2007, 03:26 PM
:thinking: Will Navasota be in the top 10 after they beat Giddings Friday night?:evilgrin:

buff4life
10-17-2007, 04:01 PM
Yep, I have a class at 3 and then I am on my way home for the game.

you go to UT? or where?

Darren
10-17-2007, 07:14 PM
I the district finishes with Giddings, Caldwell and Navasota going to the playoffs does Giddings go D1?

buff4ever
10-17-2007, 07:31 PM
Navasota is the largest team in our district, they would go D1 if this scenario happened.

strike hard
10-17-2007, 08:30 PM
you go to UT? or where?

I go to Concordia University and as soon as I finish my student teaching next semester I am out of here.

buff4life
10-17-2007, 09:08 PM
I go to Concordia University and as soon as I finish my student teaching next semester I am out of here.

Nice...there are four or five girls from Giddings that go to Conordia

sabre1
10-17-2007, 10:47 PM

Navasota should have beaten B'ville since they have lost at least 5 of their starters due to other sports or moving.

How good would Navasota be without #22, #5, #78, #77, and you can pick the fifth

buff4life
10-17-2007, 11:46 PM
sabre1 what it do?

hope i'm providing good humor for the "office"

navscanmaster
10-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by sabre1
Navasota should have beaten B'ville since they have lost at least 5 of their starters due to other sports or moving.

How good would Navasota be without #22, #5, #78, #77, and you can pick the fifth

#22 - Well, they have done pretty well without him the last two weeks.
#5 - Knows the offense well now in his second year as QB. However, #12, who currently plays starting safety, is a soph., and the back up QB. He is a better runner than #5, and I have heard he has a stronger and more accurate arm, just not enough experience running the show. Don't be surprised if #12 is the starter next year, and #5 goes to safety, or receiver.
#78 and #77 - I don't have a roster by me right now, so I am stumped. I can think of #79, the 6'6" left tackle, and he is only a soph. as well.
I'll entertain you a little though and go ahead and say that if we didn't have #30, the defense would have trouble compensating.

You'll get your chance to see them Friday night. They are a really cohesive, team-oriented bunch now. They have won games this year that were ugly, and they have won games that were easy. They may not have as much talent and experience as the Buffaloes, but they do have something I can personally say that Navasota has had trouble keeping in the past: A Winning Attitude.

And just so you know, Bellville has an excellent football program that produces wins from 7th grade to Varsity year in and year out, as well as consistent D1 and D2 college recruits. They will always field a good team no matter who they have because of that excellent program. Ask anybody who plays Bellville how tough it is to go to the Pasture of Pain and win a game, much less look good doing it.

LH Panther Mom
10-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Ask anybody who plays Bellville how tough it is to go to the Pasture of Pain and win a game, much less look good doing it.
That, to me, was very impressive! I don't know what the W/L record there is for the Brahmas, but I don't recall there being many losses for them at home over the years.

Rule #76
10-18-2007, 10:47 AM
I have to agree with both sides on this one. Bellville has developed a good program and are always competing for district titles. BUT, they have lost key players and are in a rebuilding year or just a down year. They have great kids and coaches over there and anybody knows anything about Bellville can't argue this.

It is possible to have a down year though, even good programs. Wimberly for example! Eventually Giddings and Liberty Hill are going to have a down year, which for them is not going 3 or more rounds.

Congrats on the win in Bellville, but the Brahmas are not the team that everyone was expecting this year.

HEMOTOXIC
10-18-2007, 11:28 AM
#22 - Well, they have done pretty well without him the last two weeks.
#5 - Knows the offense well now in his second year as QB. However, #12, who currently plays starting safety, is a soph., and the back up QB. He is a better runner than #5, and I have heard he has a stronger and more accurate arm, just not enough experience running the show. Don't be surprised if #12 is the starter next year, and #5 goes to safety, or receiver.
#78 and #77 - I don't have a roster by me right now, so I am stumped. I can think of #79, the 6'6" left tackle, and he is only a soph. as well.
I'll entertain you a little though and go ahead and say that if we didn't have #30, the defense would have trouble compensating.

You'll get your chance to see them Friday night. They are a really cohesive, team-oriented bunch now. They have won games this year that were ugly, and they have won games that were easy. They may not have as much talent and experience as the Buffaloes, but they do have something I can personally say that Navasota has had trouble keeping in the past: A Winning Attitude.

And just so you know, Bellville has an excellent football program that produces wins from 7th grade to Varsity year in and year out, as well as consistent D1 and D2 college recruits. They will always field a good team no matter who they have because of that excellent program. Ask anybody who plays Bellville how tough it is to go to the Pasture of Pain and win a game, much less look good doing it.

Very well put!

HEMOTOXIC
10-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Rule #76
I have to agree with both sides on this one. Bellville has developed a good program and are always competing for district titles. BUT, they have lost key players and are in a rebuilding year or just a down year. They have great kids and coaches over there and anybody knows anything about Bellville can't argue this.

It is possible to have a down year though, even good programs. Wimberly for example! Eventually Giddings and Liberty Hill are going to have a down year, which for them is not going 3 or more rounds.

Congrats on the win in Bellville, but the Brahmas are not the team that everyone was expecting this year.

You are right, everyone has down years no matter the level of play. Before the season started, everyone was talking about all the players that would not be playing for Bellville. Well, as the season went on, the Brahmas still were playing very well. So, some were saying that Navasota had to proove that they can beat Bellville. The Rattlers accomplished that task. Now, people are talking how the Brahmas are having a down year. If you are the Rattlers, you can't win for losing. Ever week, someone has something negative to say concerning the Rattlers. It's getting old. Navasota only has to proove to themselves that they can compete with the rest. Now that they have done that, they are beginning to win again. It is exciting watching those kids go out and have fun again. It has been since 2003 since they have had a winning season. Friday's game will be exciting not only for the teams, but for both towns, and spectators alike. Good luck to both teams!

Go Rattlers!

EAGLETOWN
10-18-2007, 11:53 AM

i also meant to say the semi finals...but i kept it with the four quarters...

For those of you that think it's over for Gidgings after Brock. :(

Let me fill you in on a little family secret. :thinking:

He has two younger brothers. :doh:

EAGLETOWN
10-18-2007, 12:17 PM

I also have to say I had the chance to go back to Texas and watch Bellville and Barbers Hill play this year.

Going in the Hill is in a rebuilding year and I was looking for B-Ville to win after what I watched last year.

At the half it was what I had expected it to be, but in the second half B-Ville fell apart.

At the half I figured the final score would have been the same just the other way with B-Ville winning.

Last year B-Ville had a good shot at beating a really good BH team and didn't due to their injuries and mistakes.

This year it was just to many mistakes but like I said BH is no where near the team they have had in the past this year.

So with that being said Navasota beating B-Ville may have been big for them, but I really don't see B-Ville being anywhere near as good as Giddings.

Last year IMO B-Ville had a good team like I said due to my comparison with BH and still got whacked by the Buffs.

They are no where near the team this year they had last year this year and Gidding is even better this year.

I'm going to go with Giddings 52-21.

I just don't see the win over B-Ville as a win that one could say "We beat B-Ville so we can beat Giddings"... sorry.

HEMOTOXIC
10-18-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by EAGLETOWN
I also have to say I had the chance to go back to Texas and watch Bellville and Barbers Hill play this year.

Going in the Hill is in a rebuilding year and I was looking for B-Ville to win after what I watched last year.

At the half it was what I had expected it to be, but in the second half B-Ville fell apart.

At the half I figured the final score would have been the same just the other way with B-Ville winning.

Last year B-Ville had a good shot at beating a really good BH team and didn't due to their injuries and mistakes.

This year it was just to many mistakes but like I said BH is no where near the team they have had in the past this year.

So with that being said Navasota beating B-Ville may have been big for them, but I really don't see B-Ville being anywhere near as good as Giddings.

Last year IMO B-Ville had a good team like I said due to my comparison with BH and still got whacked by the Buffs.

They are no where near the team this year they had last year this year and Gidding is even better this year.

I'm going to go with Giddings 52-21.

I just don't see the win over B-Ville as a win that one could say "We beat B-Ville so we can beat Giddings"... sorry.

I don't think that any one has said, "We beat B-Ville so we can beat Giddings"... Atleast I haven't seen anyone post that. Everyone knows that Giddings is a darn good team and that Bellville is no where as good as Giddings. For the most part, the folks in Navasota are happy that our team is finally getting back on track. We are excited for out team and our program. Of course, we want our team to beat Giddings and everyone else, but who doesn't?

Rule #76
10-18-2007, 03:11 PM
I am by no means saying that Navasota can't play with Giddings. I watched Navasota and Giddings play basketball last year and they had some DA#$ good looking kids. We the athletes that Navasota are going to put on the field, anything can happen. Wish I could watch this one.

What Giddings has working for them is their defense is made to stop a spread. They are better against a spread than a power offense. They will be bringing blitzes from everywhere trying to cause havic. Look out for Locke, Brock, and Dock!!

Good luck to both teams.

buff4life
10-18-2007, 03:38 PM
I want to know, most who are actually prediciting a point spread on this thread are picking Giddings by 14-21 points. Now, what do you guys actually think of for a score? Are we talking 21-0, 28-7, 35-21, or something more outrageous like 56-35? I myself have two options:

IF Navasota cannot execute on offense, or has a lot of turnovers, then Giddings 49-24.
IF Navasota executes and does not nap on defense in the 3rd, then Navasota 38-35.

I like throwing the field goals in there because the little ole' kicker we got looks pretty darn good this year. Thank you, soccer program!
Now, I am not saying Navasota has a chance of beating Giddings just because they are 5-1 and beat Bellville, but you have to admit, the chances are much better this year than last year!

Your assumption deals with every game...but if navasota does execute and doesn't nap on defense...all it takes is one play, i still put money on Giddings by 7

I'll bet our kicker is better too

Darren
10-18-2007, 04:39 PM

I'll bet our kicker is better too

I'd be willing to say our kicker is top 5 in 3a.

He is very good. I wonder if he will go play somewhere.

buff4ever
10-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Look it is thursday afternoon, thankfully the game is almost here, the talk on this game has about gotten old, it is time to play ball. Here is my humble opinion. I mean no harm by this it is just what I think about the situation. Navasota is DEFINITELY on the right track and playing VERY GOOD football. With that said and Giddings' rank and reputation to this point, if Giddings can come out firing on all cylinders and jump up early. Then Navasota will crumble and lose not as bad as last year, but not as close as they can play the buffs this year.

I expect a great game, b/c I think the navasota boys are riding the momentum into this game and may not easily let the buffs jump up early like the above scenario. If this scenario happens it will be a close and exciting game.

LET'S PLAY BALL!!!:D :D

1st and goal
10-18-2007, 06:47 PM
I think all the pre game banter is fun as long as no one gets personal...

I think Navasota will hang tough maybe even lead at the end of the 1st quarter, but if they go to sleep in the 3rd, watch out! Giddings will play hard the whole game. Miscues, turnovers and penalties will surely decide the final score. Just depends on who plays best the whole game.

My guess for the final score, Giddings 42- Navasota 20

Bull's-eye
10-18-2007, 07:19 PM
The Red Mustache is predicting a Navasota win. I think it will be much closer than most people think, but Giddings should come out on top. Remember, Navasota is undefeated at their new stadium and they are going to do everything in their power to keep it that way. IMO, if Navasota can jump out to an early lead and get the crowd into the game, they could possibly pull off the upset.

old33
10-18-2007, 09:28 PM
I saw Navasota play Madisonville, they are very big and physical. Giddings better bring there A game.

FormerBellvilleBrahma
10-19-2007, 12:24 AM
but the Brahmas are not the team that everyone was expecting this year.

Bellville has a very young team this year due to many Srs quiting the team or moving away, with that said the Brahmas have still put a good team together playing many 10th graders vs Srs for the other teams. Bellville will have the team to beat in coming years if they dont quit their Sr. year. Bellville has a good program, figure out why the players are quiting, and the program will get better.

navscanmaster
10-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Ahhhh, gameday. Just got off work at 6AM, so of course, I will be well rested! I wish we could have thought less about the game predictions and maybe talked about a meet and greet, but if this game lives up to the excitement this entire thread has predicted, there won't be time anyhow. Well, for the Giddings fans, they spent the last few days fixing up the temporary parking lot out in front of the Junior High. The hard rains we got the other day really swamped the area, but they covered it over pretty good. It will be paved after the football season, and maybe even before playoff time. And the elevator is finished, so I believe wheelchairs should be able to access the pressbox now. Somebody correct me if I am wrong. On another note, on the way to work Thursday, I passed by and saw practice going on and there was a good crowd in the stands just watching practice! I can't remember any time when we were this football crazy around here.

buff4life
10-19-2007, 12:02 PM
alright..so if i'm bringing a motor home, will there be somewhere to park it? and also i've heard the visitor's side isn't as big as told...how many people does it sit again?

also, one more question, whats the deal with no inflatable helmet on the field? it can mess the turf up any more than kids with cleats on it...besides the fact it won't mess it up at all...

with that being said, good luck to both teams

UPanIN
10-19-2007, 12:49 PM
You are right, everyone has down years no matter the level of play. Before the season started, everyone was talking about all the players that would not be playing for Bellville. Well, as the season went on, the Brahmas still were playing very well. So, some were saying that Navasota had to proove that they can beat Bellville. The Rattlers accomplished that task. Now, people are talking how the Brahmas are having a down year. If you are the Rattlers, you can't win for losing. Ever week, someone has something negative to say concerning the Rattlers. It's getting old. Navasota only has to proove to themselves that they can compete with the rest. Now that they have done that, they are beginning to win again. It is exciting watching those kids go out and have fun again. It has been since 2003 since they have had a winning season. Friday's game will be exciting not only for the teams, but for both towns, and spectators alike. Good luck to both teams!

Go Rattlers!

Just one corrections on the above. The Rattlers had a winning season in 2004 and beat Bellville that yesr in Navasota. One of the greatest games I've ever seen. That said Navasota will have a uphill battle tonight. I have picked Giddings to win by 3 but hope the Rattlers prove me sooo wrong.

LH Panther Mom
10-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Does anyone know if the game can be heard online somewhere? Right now on my line-up is switching back and forth between Caldwell/Taylor & Rockdale/Hutto. Might as well make it 3. :)

UPanIN
10-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Does anyone know if the game can be heard online somewhere? Right now on my line-up is switching back and forth between Caldwell/Taylor & Rockdale/Hutto. Might as well make it 3. :)

I know that it can be heard in Navasota on KWBX 1550am but couldn't get to the online site because of the firewall I deal with. It looks like you can get it online at the site below but I'm not sure.

radiotime.com/station/s_26211/KWBC_1550.aspx

buff4ever
10-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Why is that I have been told to get to the stadium at 6:00 if I want to be able to watch the game from the stands in stead of the fence. I THOUGHT THIS WAS A BRAND NEW STADIUM at the biggest school in our district?

Can't yall atleast put our band on the field across from yours? Anything would help at this point. It will be a good atmosphere tonite to say the least.

buff4life
10-19-2007, 01:59 PM
Very well put!

he wasn't disagreeing geez...

UPanIN
10-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Why is that I have been told to get to the stadium at 6:00 if I want to be able to watch the game from the stands in stead of the fence. I THOUGHT THIS WAS A BRAND NEW STADIUM at the biggest school in our district?

Can't yall atleast put our band on the field across from yours? Anything would help at this point. It will be a good atmosphere tonite to say the least.

:weeping: :weeping: :bigcry:

giddingsblazer2
10-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Giddings is UNSTOPPABLE......giddings to state baby....navasota and caldwell dont stand a chance......:cool:

buff4ever
10-19-2007, 03:30 PM
blazer, I know you are just having fun and posting it probably like you see it. But when your first post reads that, you will make few friends. Maybe you don't want many?

buff4life
10-19-2007, 03:35 PM
rook lol...love the enthusiasm tho...

navscanmaster
10-19-2007, 04:38 PM
As far as the stadium seating goes, we have been mumbling the same thing over here. I can't see us hosting anything larger than 2A playoff games because of the visitors side. There are 1500 seats, and 3000 on the home side. An additional 500 are in the East endzone, but we use those for our band and drill team. During the bond issue in three years ago, they outlined 2 Million for the new stadium. That was before Katrina and Rita, and before gas rocketed sky high, as well as construction materials shooting up as well. I think originally we were hearing 3500 home and 2500 visitor, but obviously that changed. The video replay screen on the scoreboard took a chunk of money, but it will pay for itself. You guys will love how every good play is "sponsored" by a local business. My favorite is how the end of the game "is brought to you by Jones Funeral Home." Is that creepy or what?

zebrablue2
10-19-2007, 04:40 PM
good luck to both teams tonight, should be a good one.

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by UPanIN
Just one corrections on the above. The Rattlers had a winning season in 2004 and beat Bellville that yesr in Navasota. One of the greatest games I've ever seen. That said Navasota will have a uphill battle tonight. I have picked Giddings to win by 3 but hope the Rattlers prove me sooo wrong.

You are correct. My years are off. Indeed it was a great game!

HEMOTOXIC
10-19-2007, 04:44 PM
he wasn't disagreeing geez...

???

navscanmaster
10-20-2007, 06:46 AM
Bump. Well, did it live up to it's billing? I think so, but some credit should be given to Columbia and Columbus. Their guys said that they would have a good one, and they matched our score, only in overtime! Looks like Giddings will have two R3 game of the weeks in a row!

gtownfan
10-20-2007, 08:57 AM
As far as the stadium seating goes, we have been mumbling the same thing over here. I can't see us hosting anything larger than 2A playoff games because of the visitors side. There are 1500 seats, and 3000 on the home side. An additional 500 are in the East endzone, but we use those for our band and drill team. During the bond issue in three years ago, they outlined 2 Million for the new stadium. That was before Katrina and Rita, and before gas rocketed sky high, as well as construction materials shooting up as well. I think originally we were hearing 3500 home and 2500 visitor, but obviously that changed. The video replay screen on the scoreboard took a chunk of money, but it will pay for itself. You guys will love how every good play is "sponsored" by a local business. My favorite is how the end of the game "is brought to you by Jones Funeral Home." Is that creepy or what?

The way they have the visitors side set up is out of wack also! With all the chain link fence and such, there was only one way in and out of the stands. Maybe that will change once everything dries out and the grass takes hold.

I thought the numerous advertisements were a bit much also and humerous:

- This touchdown brought to you by Jones Funeral!

- This extra point brought to you by Hernandes Plumbing!

- This fumble brought to you by Franks Towing!