PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pittsburg

JR2004
10-13-2007, 12:50 AM
I saw them play last week against RC and they were blown out 47-6.

Then I see that tonight they get blown out again 44-18 by Eylau.

What's the deal with these guys? Last week against RC it just seemed that they mailed it in once they fell behind by two scores. I hate seeing teams just throw in the towel like that that have some pretty good talent. Although great athletes are not an indicator of your chances to win, Pitt really shouldn't be getting blown out with some of the kids they have at their disposal.

Last week after their game against RC I'm walking to the exit and I see their kids laughing and acting like they just won by 40 instead of being beaten by 40. I saw one kid on his cell phone just talking and laughing as though losing like that really didn't bother him one bit.

Is there anyone familiar with Pitt that could shed some light on what's the deal with them?

Txbroadcaster
10-13-2007, 12:52 AM
New coach is having to teach a group of kids what winning and losing is all about...This program has been in some turmoil over the last couple of years..Sad, because the talent is there

JR2004
10-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
New coach is having to teach a group of kids what winning and losing is all about...This program has been in some turmoil over the last couple of years..Sad, because the talent is there

I remember reading on Smoaky about what happened last season. Don't remember all the details, but it seemed pretty dysfunctional from what I read. I just didn't see a good reason though for those kids to be so nonchalant about a game like they were about RC. It wasn't fun to watch a team just go through the motions like Pitt did last week once they fell behind.

txkmom
10-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Pitt had a couple of first half turnovers that turned the tide early, got LE going. They were unable to sustain many drives. LE gave up some yardage to them, and a couple of big plays, but Pitt was unable to answer James' offense, and LE's defense played better ball this week.