PDA

View Full Version : Willie Nelson and the Dixie Chicks

Pudlugger
01-02-2004, 12:47 AM
Yet another left wing sell out to boost a fading career...his new anti-war anti-Bush protest song for his guy Dennis Kucinick. What a disappointment you are Willie! :mad: frown

lepfan
01-02-2004, 12:52 AM
Hey Pud...your up late!!! :D

Pudlugger
01-02-2004, 12:57 AM
Yeah, been fine tuning my computer running virus scans and deleting spyware and adware files! It amazes me what you find on your computer. I installed a firewall to increase security.

This Willie Nelson thing really gets my back up. What does a old country singer know about foreign policy or national security? He should just stick to western ballads not anti-war songs that stink.

slpybear the bullfan
01-02-2004, 12:58 AM
Yeah... ol Dennis is SUCH a threat to take the Presidency... :rolleyes:

Still, Ol Willie loves to play both sides of the street... But most of them do...

Phil C
01-02-2004, 09:16 AM
You have to give Willie credit for one thing though. Years ago when 55 became the official speed limit of Texas he was one that publicly supported and did commercials to encourage his fellow Texans to obey the law and drive the legal speed limit.

Phil C
01-02-2004, 09:17 AM
I also heard that since the Super Bowl is going to be in Houston that the Dixie Chicks are going to sing the National Anthem. :)

Gilmer Buckeye
01-02-2004, 09:40 AM
Willie is 70 years old. He doesn't care what you think anymore, if he ever did.

I read an article in the Longview paper yesterday about this. He said people might ask "Who do you think you are?" to record this song. His answer is that he knows very well who he is and this is his viewpoint on the Iraqi deal, like it or lump it.

He said even his friend Toby Keith was having second thoughts about this somewhat murky operation (the rationale for which changes over time, but we can never seem to do enough to be abe to bring the troops home as they thought they would have been by now) as opposed to the one in Afghanistan where there was a clear mission to retaliate for 911 and rout out the Taliban.

He is just following his conscience. I respect your pro-war view. Why can't you respect his? Is there something in the new Patriot Act II which has done away with his right to free speech?

Also, I don't see how he's going to do the pro-war camp much harm by supporting the that guy with the unspellable and unpronounceable name who looks a bit like Alfred E. Newman.

underware
01-02-2004, 12:35 PM
I got your back Willie! I got your back! He has every right to say what he wants. As does any citizen of the US. Although, Bush is trying to take that freedom of speech away from us. BTW: What does a pumped up, drug headed, womenizer doing as Gov. of California? Yeah, let's listen to more Eminem.....I'm sure he'll be a more suitable role model for our kids.

Wildcat81
01-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Phil C:
I also heard that since the Super Bowl is going to be in Houston that the Dixie Chicks are going to sing the National Anthem. :) Oh boy! That will be something want it. :D

Bandera YaYa
01-02-2004, 11:37 PM
Well, why not have them sing it?? They have awesome voices and will sing it beautifully!

Bestdamsportsshowperiod
01-03-2004, 12:58 AM
Love Willie's music. The fact of the matter is that ol Willie is a stoned out pothead and he would fit right in with the hippie anti-war politically correct weirdos. Thats o.k. Willie you old goat we still luv your stoned out ass.

Ranger Mom
01-03-2004, 01:31 AM
Bestdamsportsshowperiod:
Love Willie's music. The fact of the matter is that ol Willie is a stoned out pothead and he would fit right in with the hippie anti-war politically correct weirdos. Thats o.k. Willie you old goat we still luv your stoned out ass.YUCK!!! Count me OUT - I cannot stand him - never have, never will!!!

SINTON81
01-03-2004, 01:54 AM
I love freedom of speech. My opinion is that Willie Nelson, the Dixie Chicks and Eminem are all full of crap. Thank you, President Bush for protecting our freedom of speech so that I could say that. :cool: :cool:

Jacket2000
01-03-2004, 05:28 AM
I love Willie, but Im affraid he doesn't have many brain cells left. Besides, I think I can form my own political opinions. I dont need a musician to tell me what to think.
Also, if the government had cleaned me out the way they did him, I'd probably be anti whatever the government was doin'.
J2K

Z motion 10 out on 2
01-04-2004, 03:18 PM
I wonder which single will sell more, Toby's or Willie's. Not that I really wonder but I already know that answer.

slpybear the bullfan
01-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Jacket2000:
I love Willie, but... I dont need a musician to tell me what to think. .
J2KAMEN. Ol Willie, the Chicks, and everyone has Freedom of Speech... Just not guaranteened public popularity...

We are all big boys and girls. We don't need our thinking done for us, especially from Hollywood and Nashville.

Ahh... that Freedom of Speech thing feels good!

Phil C
01-05-2004, 09:31 AM
I also heard from a not very reliable source I admit that when football season starts again that the Aggies are going to have the Dixie Chicks sing the National Anthem at all of the home football games. A new tradition I guess. :)

sinton66
01-05-2004, 05:14 PM
That can't be true, Phil. The Corps would NEVER let them on the field. (Picture the Corp chasing the Dixie Chunks with swords). :D :D :D

Bandera YaYa
01-05-2004, 05:33 PM
sinton66:
That can't be true, Phil. The Corps would NEVER let them on the field. (Picture the Corp chasing the Dixie Chunks with swords). :D :D :D ....Ah, the Aggie Corp.....talk about not being able to think for yourself!! eek!

slpybear the bullfan
01-05-2004, 11:44 PM
sinton66:
Dixie Chunks:D :D :D Now THAT is some funny Freedom of Speech!!!