PDA

View Full Version : Navasota 35 Bellville 25, Final

HEMOTOXIC
10-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Are there still any doubters about Navasota? I bet next week, eveyone will still be saying that "they still haven't played anyone", or "they still need to proove themselves."

Navasota 28 Bellville 9, Half Time. Pratt only played 4 plays in the second half and that was with 2 minutes or so left in the game.

navscanmaster
10-13-2007, 06:59 AM
All right, got some stats from the game:
BELLVILLE
38 rushes - 236 yards
7/22 passes - 128 yards
Nunn - 23 carries - 162 yards
Conley - 6/20 passes - 71 yards
Mueller - 3 catches - 42 yards
NAVASOTA
33 rushes - 163 yards
17/25 passes - 270 yards
Stokes - 16/24 passes - 237 yards, 18 rushes 93 yards
Jackson - 7 catches - 145 yards

From a Navasota fan's point of view, we have got to remember that there is a quarter of play sandwiched between the 2nd and 4th. It is called the 3rd, and it almost spoiled our day two weeks in a row, and been a bad quarter pretty much all year for both offense and defense. Bellville came out hungry after halftime, and Navasota came out satisfied after the first trip to the buffet.
Now from a non-affiliated Brahma lover (kind of like the guy that roots for Texas every game until they play A&M), you folks have a strong ground game. Coach Chancellor sure put the ball in the air a bunch of times when Nunn left, right and up the middle was looking good most of the game. I hope you guys rebound and play hard and stay in the district race. I have always liked the Brahmas for some reason.

necks_c/09
10-13-2007, 07:02 AM
35-25:thinking:

1st and goal
10-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Most definitely puts a new spin on the district outlook.

R3Editor
10-13-2007, 09:49 AM
:thinking: :thinking: The choice for Region III Team of the Week for Week 5 came down to Navasota and Carthage, with Carthage winning out by a slim margin. It looks like Navasota is coming on strong.

HEMOTOXIC
10-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
All right, got some stats from the game:
BELLVILLE
38 rushes - 236 yards
7/22 passes - 128 yards
Nunn - 23 carries - 162 yards
Conley - 6/20 passes - 71 yards
Mueller - 3 catches - 42 yards
NAVASOTA
33 rushes - 163 yards
17/25 passes - 270 yards
Stokes - 16/24 passes - 237 yards, 18 rushes 93 yards
Jackson - 7 catches - 145 yards

From a Navasota fan's point of view, we have got to remember that there is a quarter of play sandwiched between the 2nd and 4th. It is called the 3rd, and it almost spoiled our day two weeks in a row, and been a bad quarter pretty much all year for both offense and defense. Bellville came out hungry after halftime, and Navasota came out satisfied after the first trip to the buffet.
Now from a non-affiliated Brahma lover (kind of like the guy that roots for Texas every game until they play A&M), you folks have a strong ground game. Coach Chancellor sure put the ball in the air a bunch of times when Nunn left, right and up the middle was looking good most of the game. I hope you guys rebound and play hard and stay in the district race. I have always liked the Brahmas for some reason.

Hey, you are absolutely right about those third quarters. I was afraid that if Bellville had gotten the lead, it would have been very difficult for the Rattlers to come back with Pratt being out. For some reason, we come from halftime as if we are winning by 50 points. They are playing too conservative with those big leads that they get.

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Navasota has an awesome coach.

Bull's-eye
10-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Navasota came out with a great game plan in the first half. They used a short passing game mixed with some running plays and basically went on long time consuming drives. IMO, Bellville's decision to kick the short FG instead of going for the TD, changed their early momentum and it really turned when Navasota blocked the kick. Navasota took over and drove about 90 yards for the TD. In the 2nd half, Navasota gambled several times. The failed on-side kick gave Bellville great field position and a quick score. Later in the Qtr, Navasota went for it on 4th and short. Bellville held and quickly scored a TD to narrow the score to 28-18 (still in the 3rd Qtr). Bellville scored early in the 4th Qtr and now only trailed 28-25. Navasota drove inside the Bellville 35, but was faced with a 4th and 12. Once again Navasota gambled, but this time they hit the jackpot with a 33 yard scoring pass. Give Fedora credit for an excellant game plan in the first half. I thought he let Bellville back in the game with those first 2 gambles and also not running the ball when Bellville desparately needed help stopping the clock. Several incomplete passes gave the Brahmas more time to stage an almost incredible comeback. Hats off to Navasota, they came to the "Pasture" and took their game to the next level.

BrahmaMom
10-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Congratulations to the Rattlers on a well-played win. Brahmas, ya know I still love ya!