PDA

View Full Version : Roosevelt 42 Lake Worth 35

JR2004
10-12-2007, 11:36 PM
From the DMN

<<Quintell Solomon scored on a 9-yard touchdown pass from Vincent McNeil Jr. with 1:30 remaining in the game as Roosevelt (5-1, 1-0) defeated Lake Worth (1-5, 0-1) 42-35 in the District 11-3A opener for both teams.
McNeil Jr. led Roosevelt with 147 yards rushing and three touchdowns.
DeAndre Davis led Lake Worth with 199 yards rushing and three touchdowns on 37 carries.>>

Two straight years now that they've come from behind in the 4th quarter to beat Lake Worth. If Davis can put up 199 on Velt, I'm more than certain he'll get more than that against our run defense next week.

charlesrixey
10-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Congrats to Madison on their win this week

does look tough next week, although i think Lake Worth played their best game tonight

with all of the close game experience Madison is getting this season, that should be a mental toughness boost for next year with a more experienced team

charlesrixey
10-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Also, this win was huge for Madison

if they take care of the rest of their business, then Roosevelt, LW and Madison should make the playoffs, in that order; although lots of football still yet to go

JR2004
10-12-2007, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Congrats to Madison on their win this week

does look tough next week, although i think Lake Worth played their best game tonight

with all of the close game experience Madison is getting this season, that should be a mental toughness boost for next year with a more experienced team

Thank You. We needed that one somethin awful tonight. You have no idea what the last 3 games before that one felt like. When we blocked that extra point it felt as good as beating Lincoln last year.

All our sophomores are really getting a trial by fire, but they are getting mentally tougher each week. It's fun to see all the fire and emotion they play with. You can tell that these kids are giving everything they've got. We probably won't win next week, but that's okay. Just need to take some more baby steps.

JR2004
10-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
Also, this win was huge for Madison

if they take care of the rest of their business, then Roosevelt, LW and Madison should make the playoffs, in that order; although lots of football still yet to go

It was big for us. I thought we'd finish in 3rd this year and I still think that's what'll happen and I'll take it considering 10 of those sophs. start and all 12 play. I think we may be switching QB's and going from one soph. to another as we played the back-up most of this game. Chris Hight might be the missing piece for us as we really haven't had a QB anything like him during the run we've made since 2004 as he can run and pass equally well.

He transferred in from Cedar Hill mainly because his older brother Antoine played basketball there a couple of years ago before going to UT on a full ride for his academics. I think Hight would've been the starter by now had he been there in the spring, but oh well I'm glad to see him out there!

I'd love for us to be where Celina is at and just roll year after year, but this season has been fun to watch because of the enthusiasm of the young fellas.