PDA

View Full Version : Close Call for Celina tonight!

JR2004
10-12-2007, 11:25 PM
Whew looks like they barely held on to win by 50!

charlesrixey
10-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
Whew looks like they barely held on to win by 50!

those first four minutes were pretty close, what with the raucous crowd and all:p

JR2004
10-13-2007, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey
those first four minutes were pretty close, what with the raucous crowd and all:p

lol...Poor Pilot Point...I know how they feel. We got beat by our biggest rival 69-0 in 2003 and came back the next season to lose 21-20. The only difference is I don't see Pilot Point being able to close the gap in this rivalry anytime soon, if ever.

charlesrixey
10-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by JR2004
lol...Poor Pilot Point...I know how they feel. We got beat by our biggest rival 69-0 in 2003 and came back the next season to lose 21-20. The only difference is I don't see Pilot Point being able to close the gap in this rivalry anytime soon, if ever.

yes, there is a talent gap now (their system has weakened over the years), but celina has won nine straight against PP because the bearcats are mentally not champions anymore

amazing how great they were for so long, and how far they have fallen from that point

JR2004
10-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by charlesrixey

amazing how great they were for so long, and how far they have fallen from that point

I'm guessing a little unintentional comedy there with the last word in the sentence. :)

Fifteen years or so is a long time to dominate an area. I guess they'll just have to take it on the chin now for who knows how long. I do remember seeing their scores as a kid on highlight shows. They sure do seem to have fallen really, really far.