striker
10-12-2007, 08:20 PM
nav 21- bell 6 2nd q

striker
10-12-2007, 08:39 PM
nav 28 - bell 9 half

Old QB
10-12-2007, 10:31 PM
Navasota 35, Bellville 25, final. Bellville played terrible football 1st half - very bad defense. Bellville came back to 25 to 28 in 4th. If Bellville had've played the first half as they did the second half - this would've been a much different ballgame. But hats off to Navasota.

Old Tiger
10-12-2007, 10:32 PM
If and would've....blah blah blah.

Congrats Nastysota

HEMOTOXIC
10-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Go Blue
If and would've....blah blah blah.

Congrats Nastysota

What's so nasty about Navasota? I mean, is Rockdale a more superior city or something or did you have something bad happen to you in Navasota? I never understood that!? Especially when towns like Hempstead and Hearne use that type of ignorance.

Old Tiger
10-12-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
What's so nasty about Navasota? I mean, is Rockdale a more superior city or something or did you have something bad happen to you in Navasota? I never understood that!? Especially when towns like Hempstead and Hearne use that type of ignorance. Chill out man. My mom is from Nastysota. She has two sisters who live there and her mother. What she's always called and what anyone from there has always called it.

HEMOTOXIC
10-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Go Blue
Chill out man. My mom is from Nastysota. She has two sisters who live there and her mother. What she's always called and what anyone from there has always called it.

Im just messing around. I just thought that I would have a lil fun...,I know that everyone calls it that. It just trips me out when the likes of Calvert, Hearne, and Hempsteat call it Nastysota..:D

Old Tiger
10-13-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by HEMOTOXIC
Im just messing around. I just thought that I would have a lil fun...,I know that everyone calls it that. It just trips me out when the likes of Calvert, Hearne, and Hempsteat call it Nastysota..:D :p :D :D :clap:

navscanmaster
10-13-2007, 06:36 AM
Honestly, it p***** me off. I love this town. It has its problems like any other small town. But to hear people use that term all the time makes me angry. There are good people here that are doing everything they can to rid the town of that slur. I am one of them. I intend on raising a family here, as my family raised me here. Most of the outsiders who use that slur have no clue about the town itself, only Brule Field and HWY 6.
Back to the game, I hope Dexter is back to full strength against Giddings. I don't anticipate Navasota pulling off an upset, but it is always nice to give a #1 team a tough test if they intend on making a good playoff run. I was pleased to see that Jacoby Stokes passed for well over 200 yards, and ran for 70 or so more. Receivers really caught the ball well, and the one that had a few drops probably won't drop another ball the entire year. It is mighty embarassing to have two balls hit you in the hands in a row and not make the grab!

rundoe
10-13-2007, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by navscanmaster
Honestly, it p***** me off. I love this town. It has its problems like any other small town. But to hear people use that term all the time makes me angry. There are good people here that are doing everything they can to rid the town of that slur. I am one of them. I intend on raising a family here, as my family raised me here. Most of the outsiders who use that slur have no clue about the town itself, only Brule Field and HWY 6.
Back to the game, I hope Dexter is back to full strength against Giddings. I don't anticipate Navasota pulling off an upset, but it is always nice to give a #1 team a tough test if they intend on making a good playoff run. I was pleased to see that Jacoby Stokes passed for well over 200 yards, and ran for 70 or so more. Receivers really caught the ball well, and the one that had a few drops probably won't drop another ball the entire year. It is mighty embarassing to have two balls hit you in the hands in a row and not make the grab!

Having grown up in small towns in Texas. They all have nicknames.

Be from Liberty Hill and just use your imagination. It's funny though, some here use nicknames with pride. others as a slam.

I can imagine what our team hears when they are on the field. Guess it's just part of growing up and trying to overcome. Sometimes you get motivated by it, sometimes you get mad, and sometimes it gets old. Can relate.

HEMOTOXIC
10-13-2007, 01:31 PM
I hope that this game turns out to be a good game. With the Buffaloes coming to Rattler Stadium, just maybe we can surprise the #1 Buffs.