PDA

View Full Version : Giddings vs LG updates

strosfan
10-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Giddings 14
LG 7

Believe it or not the buffs scored on a 35 yard td pass.

leecofans
10-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Anymore updates here?

rundoe
10-12-2007, 10:46 PM
anyone know giddings final?

leecofans
10-12-2007, 10:47 PM
35-7 Giddings

Old Tiger
10-12-2007, 10:48 PM
giddings 224
LG 7

brock has 924 rushing yards....721 coming in the second half

1st and goal
10-13-2007, 08:31 AM
The score could have been much more lopsided. Turnovers and penalties hamstrung Giddings. Many long gains (for points) for them were called back and they also got many flags when the defense held LG on 3rd down only to give them 1st downs.

If I may quote from LHPM,
"Offense - you guys have got to hang onto the ball. Everybody - you need to stop with the stupid penalties."

I have to say, when the game was over, it was the fastest I'd ever seen a group of Ref's RUN off the field.

The D looked strong, the O looked great. Still a great game to watch their intensity. They just need to step up and work on the miscues.

allforball
10-13-2007, 10:07 AM
You make it sound like Giddings didn't blow out LG, like they have done most others, because of the refs?!!! There should have been a lot more personal fouls on Giddings. They take a cheap shot anyway they can get it. LG coaches and players were well prepared and had Giddings worried the first half. Give LG some credit. By all means, no doubt, Giddings had the better team and that team won. It was a great game to watch.

gtownfan
10-13-2007, 10:30 AM
La Grange did indeed keep it close and played a very good game. Even though Brock had 232 yards, there were a lot of times he took some pretty good shots.

La Grange will make some noise in district!!

As for cheap shots, that usually depends on the side of the field your sitting on. Frankly, I thought it was just a hard hitting game, as this game usually is!

buff4ever
10-14-2007, 04:40 PM
cheapshots? I don't know what you are talking about. I hate to say this b/c I really HATE to here it from others. But giddings who everyone claims to get home cooking, hasn't ever seen calls like LG was getting the other night. I won't say much else. The LG boys played really hard, we knew they would. It should have been a shutout though, LG's offense shouldn't have scored, we fumbled a punt inside the 15 and then a penalty kept LG alive and on 3rd and long the reverse pass did get you 7, CONGRATS. Giddings also could have scored on a pass anytime they wanted, I suppose they chose to prove we could put up points with 10 in the box if we wanted to.

GOOD GAME, now get after caldwell and everyone else. Get yourselves in the playoffs.

buff4life
10-14-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by buff4ever
cheapshots? I don't know what you are talking about. I hate to say this b/c I really HATE to here it from others. But giddings who everyone claims to get home cooking, hasn't ever seen calls like LG was getting the other night. I won't say much else. The LG boys played really hard, we knew they would. It should have been a shutout though, LG's offense shouldn't have scored, we fumbled a punt inside the 15 and then a penalty kept LG alive and on 3rd and long the reverse pass did get you 7, CONGRATS. Giddings also could have scored on a pass anytime they wanted, I suppose they chose to prove we could put up points with 10 in the box if we wanted to.

GOOD GAME, now get after caldwell and everyone else. Get yourselves in the playoffs.

whether we decided to or not...that idea may need to change when we play a great team in the playoffs and take advantage of an easy touchdown..

hookandladder
10-15-2007, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by buff4ever

Yes, there were some late cheap shots taken by Giddings also you think Giddings could have scored on a pass anytime. The one and only pass Brock threw the receiver was wide open, however when Brock threw the pass it did not look very good. I know looks don't mean anything, I am just saying that I will be willing to bet the house in the playoffs when Giddings has to throw they will not be sucessful. Don't get me wrong Giddings is a very talented team however I do not see them winning State with that offense. You have to be able to throw the ball some, I don't think they can. LG faced this problem when we won State but we had an answer, Giddings will not have a answer. Not knocking Giddings just my 2 cents.

3afan
10-15-2007, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by 1st and goal
I have to say, when the game was over, it was the fastest I'd ever seen a group of Ref's RUN off the field.

thats what they are supposed to do

buff4life
10-15-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by hookandladder
Yes, there were some late cheap shots taken by Giddings also you think Giddings could have scored on a pass anytime. The one and only pass Brock threw the receiver was wide open, however when Brock threw the pass it did not look very good. I know looks don't mean anything, I am just saying that I will be willing to bet the house in the playoffs when Giddings has to throw they will not be sucessful. Don't get me wrong Giddings is a very talented team however I do not see them winning State with that offense. You have to be able to throw the ball some, I don't think they can. LG faced this problem when we won State but we had an answer, Giddings will not have a answer. Not knocking Giddings just my 2 cents.

Whatever cheap shot your thinking of i didn't see...if your talking about the late hit out of bounds and that makes you think the players were throwing cheap shots the entire game somethings wrong, watch both teams before you make conclusions too...