PDA

View Full Version : La Grange Baseball

LG
04-02-2003, 10:48 PM
Behind the pitching of Homer Bailey(#3 in the nation) the leopards finished the first round of district 5-0 by beating elgin 2-0...after watching the leopards play a couple of games its hard for me to see n e one beating the leopards...in my mind the leopards our the team to beat...they have it all they our an all around team...there pitching staff is as good as its can get...with Homer Bailey, Colter Zoch, and Jacob K. and lets not forget bout the all dangerous arm and bat of lance Schraman...Good Job Lg...all the way

Bellville22
04-02-2003, 11:20 PM
I agree 100%, those kids have all the tools to take to title. Bailey can match up with any pitcher in the state, Zoch would be a #1 starter on just about any other team. Very complete team. They're my favorite at this point in the season.

Best of luck to them.

coachemup
04-03-2003, 02:31 PM
La Grange is a very good team and a has a chance to make a run at the title. One team that has matched up well against them this season in 3 close games was Sealy who is 4-0 in district 23-3A. La Grange won the first match up 3-1 at La Grange. Sealy won the 2nd match up in Sealy 3-2 to hand La Grange there only loss of the year. The third meeting between the two teams had to go 10 innings at the Weimar Tournament. Good luck to both teams.

jr
04-03-2003, 02:56 PM
I Agree with this and what Lg has to offer their baseball team is the team to beat in the state, after playing them on tuesday I would saythat they are the team to beat, and elgin played them in a good game and may have a chance to beat them but you never know what will happen all we want to do is get in the playoffs and do well. wink

District303aPastPlayer
04-05-2003, 01:13 AM
Is La Grange 3a? and if they are... they might want to look down south... to a little town called Sinton.... where the ace pitcher STILL hasnt lost a game since he was in Little League and the baseball team has run-ruled 4 of the 5 teams in their districts 1st round

SintonFan_inAustin
04-05-2003, 03:48 AM
okkkkk pirates must be a low profile team this year to not get the respect of being the state champs from last year with the majority of the starters back and with thier top 2 pitchers back from last years state title team. good luck im sure la grange does have a real good team. :confused:

Jimbotex40
04-07-2003, 04:26 PM
lol, i remember when homer embarrassed our cocky SOB segovia in the finals homer's freshman year.

when he came out, i was like...ok, some freshman goofy kid, whats he gonna do.
then he struck 2 out of the 3 remaining batters for the save. i was mad, but now i dont care, cuz if we cant win with the team we had that year, we dont deserve to win at all.

is homer a junior now?

LG
04-07-2003, 09:16 PM
I remember when the LG coach brought Homer in all the Lg fans started to cheer and yell...we looked at the forney side and they just sit there...I guess they didnt know what kind of freshman homer was...yes homer is a junior now...and it ranked #3 in the nation and #1 in the state...LG all the way...

buffalo booster
04-08-2003, 04:02 PM
I noticed that Homer wasn't on the roster when LG played Giddings last Friday. Heard two rumors - (1)that he was injured and (2)that he quit the team again. Any truth to either?

LG
04-08-2003, 08:32 PM
You notice right homer wasnt on the roster last friday night against giddings...both rumors you heard are wrong homer in not injured and he did not quit the team again...he is still with the team but was unable to make it to the game...La Grange beat the buffalos 10-5 behind the strong arm of Colter Zoch...

jgbulldog
04-09-2003, 10:08 AM
I agree that La Grange is probably one of the best teams in the state, if not the best. But there are ways to beat them. Im from Marion, and we played against La Grange two years ago in the area game.(The year they won state, i think) It was a best of three series, and they swept us. BUT.... we posted 16 runs in those two games. Now some are probably asking, "Where was your pitching?" And thats a good question, because that is the key to beating this team. These kids are monsters who can knock the crap out of the ball on any pitch. The pitchers are hittable, and their defense is has holes, but if you can play defense against them, and keep them from blasting the ball, then you MIGHT have a chance of beating them. Easier said then done! Good luck La Grange through out the rest of the season.

keep_it_real
04-09-2003, 02:41 PM
I'm from Rockdale,I have a cousin who plays for La Grange I think. I havent talked to him in years, his name is Matt. I think he is a senior. Does he get to play?

LG
04-09-2003, 06:32 PM
I remember when we played yall two years ago...but we have a totally new pitching staff that is the best in the state or one of the best in the state...we have not let many opponents put up scores on us like we did two years ago...also i agree with you LG can hit the ball as well as any team in the state...with the pitching staff we have this year we really dont have to hit the ball as good as we did back then...but we still can hit the ball..

dog eat dog
04-14-2003, 11:10 PM
SO TELL US WHERE WAS HOMER FRIDAY?