PDA

View Full Version : Glowing Mountain Dew

KTA
10-11-2007, 11:37 PM
http://www.yikers.com/video_glowing_mountain_dew.html

So is it real?

Ranger Mom
10-11-2007, 11:40 PM
It's going to take too long for me to open that on dial up...what is it?

DU_stud04
10-12-2007, 01:48 AM
quick answer.... no

long answer..... noooooooooooooooo

Johnny 5
10-12-2007, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
quick answer.... no

:clap:

TheDOCTORdre
10-12-2007, 07:09 AM
my urine glows sometimes

Ranger Mom
10-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
my urine glows sometimes

Did you know it does under a black light??

I corraled all 4 of my boys into the bathroom, shut off the lights, snapped on the black light and showed them how disgusting they actually were!!!!!

piratebg
10-12-2007, 08:01 AM
That was actually kinda cool. I think I might try that.

rundoe
10-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It's going to take too long for me to open that on dial up...what is it?

It's scarey!!!!!!:confused:

rundoe
10-12-2007, 08:18 AM

I corraled all 4 of my boys into the bathroom, shut off the lights, snapped on the black light and showed them how disgusting they actually were!!!!!

What was thier reaction?

rundoe
10-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by TheDOCTORdre
my urine glows sometimes

Thanks for sharing.

Ranger Mom
10-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by rundoe
What was thier reaction?

They just thought it was cool!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
10-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by KTA

So is it real?

Not according to this:

READ ME!!! (http://www.snopes.com/photos/food/mountaindew.asp)

piratebg
10-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Well that sucks.

Ranger Mom
10-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by piratebg

What?? Which one?? The Mountain Dew or peeing all over the commode and walls and then looking at it with a black light??

STANG RED
10-12-2007, 09:27 AM

Obviously youve never tried to aim one of them thangs while half asleep and full to the brim.:p :devil:

Which begs the question; Why dont they ever put urinals in homes? :confused:

piratebg
10-12-2007, 09:29 AM
What?? Which one?? The Mountain Dew or peeing all over the commode and walls and then looking at it with a black light??

I was talking about the Mountain Dew thingy that is obviously not true. I thought it would be something I could "WOW" my kids with.

piratebg
10-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Obviously youve never tried to aim one of them thangs while half asleep and full to the brim.:p :devil:

Which begs the question; Why dont they ever put urinals in homes? :confused:

Amen brotha :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ranger Mom
10-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Well....you got me there!!

:crazy1:

rangerjim
10-12-2007, 09:37 AM
dang - since I live on Mountain Dew, I had grand plans of adding baking soda and peroxide to my last one of the day. That would drastically improve my aim at 3:30 am and make my wife happy........

luvhoops34
10-12-2007, 10:41 AM

The walls?:(

KTA
10-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by rangerjim
dang - since I live on Mountain Dew, I had grand plans of adding baking soda and peroxide to my last one of the day. That would drastically improve my aim at 3:30 am and make my wife happy........

lol

Has anybody tried this yet?

DU_stud04
10-12-2007, 12:14 PM
quick answer.... no

Well that sucks.

didnt believe me? nothing in that chemical compound would make it glow without some outside substance(ie glow stick fluid) now you could trick your kids and do that and then tell them you're magical. its all in the fun of it right? :D

rangerjim
10-12-2007, 12:25 PM
so that means I'd have to drink glow stick juice to make my wee wee glow???????????

still may be worth a trip to the ER to try it. The kids would think it was funny anyway (can you imagine writing your name in the snow with glow in the dark pee-pee)

Old Tiger
10-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Has anyone actually tried it? lol

I may go buy some Mountain Dew.

DU_stud04
10-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by rangerjim
so that means I'd have to drink glow stick juice to make my wee wee glow???????????

still may be worth a trip to the ER to try it. The kids would think it was funny anyway (can you imagine writing your name in the snow with glow in the dark pee-pee) :doh: :doh: :doh: hahahahaha

well one thing they got right was peroxide, which is about 35% of whats inside the glow stick, then cyalume. when the cyalume becomes oxidized which then makes a peroxyacid. peroxyacid decomposes spontaneously to carbon dioxide, releasing energy that excites the dye, making it glow(whichever color the dye is)

in mountain dew there is yellow 5, which i guess could make this glowing mountain dew "believable" but i dont think there is anything in the compound that can produce the peroxyacid. idk, i wasnt too great in chemistry and too lazy to see whats in mountain dew.... who knows... :)

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2007, 01:09 PM
http://www.snopes.com/photos/food/mountaindew.asp

Old Tiger
10-12-2007, 01:15 PM
lmao that video is hilarious

luvhoops34
10-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by KTA

So is it real?

Remember when you tried this?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51282&highlight=mentos

Ranger Mom
10-12-2007, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
http://www.snopes.com/photos/food/mountaindew.asp

Not to be rude or anything.....but am I the only one that reads before making sure something wasn't already posted??

Maybe I should quit putting "titles" on the links!!:D :D

Not according to this:

READ ME!!! (http://www.snopes.com/photos/food/mountaindew.asp)

That is the second time today I have posted a link that someone else has posted on down the page!!:hairpunk:

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2007, 02:05 PM
Not to be rude or anything.....but am I the only one that reads before making sure something wasn't already posted??

Maybe I should quit putting "titles" on the links!!:D :D

That is the second time today I have posted a link that someone else has posted on down the page!!:hairpunk:

WOW that was rude :D :p :D

Ranger Mom
10-12-2007, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
WOW that was rude :D :p :D

Yeah...I thought it was kinda rude of you too!!:inlove: :inlove: :kiss: :D

Txbroadcaster
10-12-2007, 02:11 PM
HAHAHA...:eek:

DU_stud04
10-12-2007, 03:21 PM
i find it kinda rude that even after saying it wouldnt work, people still doubt me and went to look up videos portraying what ive already said. its been proven im never wrong unless intentionally like i was last week with the cowboys and bill. the game was almost an upset because i did pick the bills then the gods realized i had said i wanted to be wrong so they gave the cowboys the opportunity to win and they did.

:D im also really bored. mooooooooo

Ranger Mom
10-12-2007, 03:27 PM
i find it kinda rude that even after saying it wouldnt work, people still doubt me and went to look up videos portraying what ive already said. its been proven im never wrong unless intentionally like i was last week with the cowboys and bill. the game was almost an upset because i did pick the bills then the gods realized i had said i wanted to be wrong so they gave the cowboys the opportunity to win and they did.

:D im also really bored. mooooooooo

Now now...I didn't doubt you!!

The majority of my posts on this thread centered around urine and black lights!!

DU_stud04
10-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Now now...I didn't doubt you!!

The majority of my posts on this thread centered around urine and black lights!! sure..... wierdo :p

rangerjim
10-12-2007, 03:51 PM
What if the Cowboys drank glowing Mountain Dew - then their sweat would glow - opps - gatoraid already does that.........at least on the commercials. Wondered if that's been Snooped yet........

Unlike DU_stud04 - I am always wrong unless I purposely want to be right (go back to my Cubs and Bears comments the last few weeks).

It's Friday...............only 3 more hours................

rangerjim
10-12-2007, 03:52 PM
oh cool - I just made JV........................................

KTA
10-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by luvhoops34
Remember when you tried this?

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=51282&highlight=mentos

For those who dont know, I had a co-worker who didnt think the mentos thing worked. Well I told him I would give him $10 if he swallowed 4 mentos and kept 2 in his mouth while he chugged a diet coke. Long story short he threw up all over the break room (funny as hell):D