PDA

View Full Version : Astros Claim Reggie Abercrombie On Waivers from Florida

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Saw this on their web site

Could be a good young player for the stros....

Hope he works out well for them

JR2004
10-11-2007, 07:58 PM
He's a teaser. Another of those 5-tool guys who are great athletes, but have the plate discipline of a little leaguer. I remember keeping up with him in the keeper league I have done for baseball. The hope was he'd eventually get some plate discipline, but it never came to fruition and never will.

Odds are he'll compete to be a 4th OF and nothing more. He was a K-machine that swung at everything coming up in the Dodgers system and apparently he still is. He's got 100k's in 331 AB over the last two seasons and just 20 walks over that same time span. Guys who strike out that often aren't much more than pinch-hitters, if that.

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
He's a teaser. Another of those 5-tool guys who are great athletes, but have the plate discipline of a little leaguer. I remember keeping up with him in the keeper league I have done for baseball. The hope was he'd eventually get some plate discipline, but it never came to fruition and never will.

Odds are he'll compete to be a 4th OF and nothing more. He was a K-machine that swung at everything coming up in the Dodgers system and apparently he still is. He's got 100k's in 331 AB over the last two seasons and just 20 walks over that same time span. Guys who strike out that often aren't much more than pinch-hitters, if that. Well, i didnt know anything about him until just now....

This trade doesnt seem so fruitful now....lol