PDA

View Full Version : FSU LB Coach Chuck Amato

JR2004
10-11-2007, 07:22 PM
How much would it cost for UT to bring him in as the DC in the off-season? He failed as a head coach at NC State, but he's a brilliant recruiter and has been great as an assistant. Even though Mack "Doesn't Recruit Florida" it couldn't hurt to have him on the staff to get a great player or two from Florida when UT has the chance to.

necks_c/09
10-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by JR2004
How much would it cost for UT to bring him in as the DC in the off-season? He failed as a head coach at NC State, but he's a brilliant recruiter and has been great as an assistant. Even though Mack "Doesn't Recruit Florida" it couldn't hurt to have him on the staff to get a great player or two from Florida when UT has the chance to. Alot

JR2004
10-11-2007, 08:37 PM
It probably would take a boatload of cash, but money seems to be no object these days at UT. I'd think if Mack really wanted to go out and get the guy that he could. I'm sure he'd be well compensated.

bullfrog_alumni_02
10-11-2007, 09:32 PM
i think it would be a good idea...but who would have to go...they already have akina and mcduffy...they could move mcduffy to specifically sp teams and bring in amato as a co-def coordinator...

JR2004
10-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
i think it would be a good idea...but who would have to go...they already have akina and mcduffy...they could move mcduffy to specifically sp teams and bring in amato as a co-def coordinator...

Or they could just tell Akina to pack his bags. That'd work fine too. :) UT sorely needs someone like Amato coaching on that side of the ball. I wonder what his current salary at FSU is? I can't imagine that his salary would be to the point where UT wouldn't be able to offer him a significant raise to come to Austin. I love the attitude his linebackers play with.